[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here try running a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon campaign?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (240KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240KB, 1024x576px
Anyone here try running a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon campaign? How'd it fare?
>>
Small bump
>>
Larger bump since I'm also curious.
Seems like it might make for a neat setting without the character sheet bloat of PTA/PTU
>>
>>50615159
/qst/
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 625x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 625x630px
>>50615159
I have.
We used pokerole's mystery dungeon supplement and had a blast.

The team was a Larvitar, a Cyndaquil and a Drilbur living in a cave far away from anything, it was pretty much a macro dungeon made out of smaller dungeons with different habitats, such as an underground river, a lava flowing chamber, the den of a giant ariados and her babies etc.
>>
>>50621607
How is Pokerole anyway? I've never touched a Pokemon system except for PTU,
>>
>>50622454
It's a lot more rules light than PTU, mostly because PTU went for the video game details as their main tool and pokerol went more fore an anime-like feeling.

Pokerole still requires some prepping, specially for encounters since it still doesn't have as many tools as PTU, but they got a mod on tabletop simulator we are using for our next campaign, so that's cool.

Over all i wish more people tried it, it can be really fun and making a character is really quick.
>>
>>50621607
Neat. Any other story examples?
>>
I've never attempted this because it just seems like I'd be willingly attracting the worst kind of players imaginable.
>>
>>50628760
This. It's an open invitation to furfags.
>>
>>50615159
I'm actually in the middle of working on a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon System. It's coming along quite nicely, I just need to explain how combat works, then it's done.
>>
>>50628801
>>50628760
PMD does have an advantage in that players are explicitly noobs. No pages long back story or the like can happen.

>>50628817
Can you give us more details?
>>
>>50628892
Got nothing against the concept alone, but it still would turn into fur central. It's inevitable.
>>
>>50628892
D12 dicepool system, based on the Blade of the Iron Throne's RPG. Combat is pretty quick, and Statting a character even more so. I've managed to work out a direct conversion between the actual Pokémon Stats and Moves while still keeping it simple enough and letting you give some real personality to your character.
>>
>>50628968
Hope you know what you're doing, player base wise.
You're more likely than not to attract furries if you play your cards wrong.
>>
>>50629010
So is Pathfinder, 5e, 3.5, and any other game to feature monstrous races. That's a "who you play with, not what you play" problem. I mean, we even talk about Iron Claw being decent if you remove the furshit.
>>
>>50629058
True.
>>
>>50629058
>So is any roleplaying game. Period.
Fixed
>>
>>50629220
Sword and Sorcery and Sci-Fi Human only games don't.
>>
>>50629242
It's not that hard to introduce a theme that's the same difference. Barbarians and Druids often worship animals, who give them powers, all the way down to a character who wears an animal fur and makes it important to them.

Sci Fi is even easier, since you can just order animal themed clothes and equipment.
>>
File: image.jpg (204KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204KB, 1280x600px
>>
>>50628961
Risky, yeah.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.