[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone and their mother has talked about twisting the models

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: Average_Joe.jpg (41KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
Average_Joe.jpg
41KB, 640x430px
Everyone and their mother has talked about twisting the models of elves and dwarves, ranging from minor nuances to making them mushroom creatures and aliens respectively. But how does one alter humans? How much could you alter humanity in a setting while still keeping them true to their core, and what would you say exactly defines them? Could you give them purple skin or pointed ears, but not purple skin and pointed ears? Do heavily modified specimens that are no longer humanoid physically still count if their mind is intact? Would it be unthinkable for them to fill the low-level cannon fodder monster niche even though in most games basic humans are no more stronger than kobolds (1d4 of a kobold vs 1d3 commoner)? What can and can't you do with the human model?
>>
I don't see why you couldn't change humans in appearance, or change their role or whatever, but that's how we arrived at fantasy races in the first place.

If you make humans big and mean, they're orcs.
If you make humans long-lived and magical, they're elves.
if you make humans short and norse, they're dwarves.
>>
This is much more common in sci-fi where you have "transhumanity" or post-humans.
The obvious answer in a fantasy setting is a culture of formerly human sentient undead.
>>
>>50614048
So...Londor?
>>
>>50613874
Don't. Humanity is perfection and the Master Race, there is nothing to change, all other races are inferior to us and shall die
>>
Make them hyper apes.

Everything about them is apish, but more. Psychic/magic disciplines skecefic to them are ape themed. Close combat classes get aoe themed tricks and skills. They look like apes too, just the apest apes.
>>
File: 15.jpg (274KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
274KB, 620x877px
>>50613874
>Do heavily modified specimens that are no longer humanoid physically still count if their mind is intact?

I would say so. How acceptable these changes might be largely depends on the setting IMO.
>>
File: th.jpg (13KB, 286x190px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
13KB, 286x190px
>>50613874
>>50617006

There is a vast gulf of difference between all of these for example, but all are considered "human" in their own context.
>>
File: 25.jpg (177KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
177KB, 620x877px
>>50613874
>>50617006
>>50617233

divergent evolutions
>>
File: emperor.jpg (10KB, 179x165px) Image search: [Google]
emperor.jpg
10KB, 179x165px
>>50613874
>>50617006
>>50617233
>>50617255
>>
>>50614944
I read a story once who liked humans to axolotl. It featured a man who lived so long he became an ape-like creature, and suggested that humans, like axolotl, only retained their forms because they're not in the right environment to progress to the next stage of life. Unfortunately I can't find it now
>>
>>50617290
That does sound like an interesting idea. If you do remember what it was from, I'd appreciate a link or name.
>>
File: All Tomorrows.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
All Tomorrows.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50613874
I dunno, man, you tell me.

It all depends on the backstory, really.
>>
Planet of the Apes?
>>
File: LogoOrderSilverLadder.png (49KB, 400x348px) Image search: [Google]
LogoOrderSilverLadder.png
49KB, 400x348px
>>50614886
Ímperium is the right of Man, murder the gods and topple their thrones.
>>
>>50617506
im fucking shitting, this is heresy
saged, reported, called the cops, killed myself, microwaved my browser history
>>
>>50617506
what the fuck did i just read?
>>
>>50617506
dude, that book fucked me up alright. I don't know what the fuck I'm feeling right now.
>>
>>50614886
Sure thing, gue'la. Yet you modify yourselves into brutish genetic monsters and heartless machines. So much of your beliefs are lies that you make yourself.
>>
File: Assbaby.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Assbaby.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>50613874

OP, you only need one word.

Assbabies.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.