[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be Witch Hunter >Local peasants come to me saying there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 645451451651.jpg (180KB, 596x1234px) Image search: [Google]
645451451651.jpg
180KB, 596x1234px
>Be Witch Hunter
>Local peasants come to me saying there is a tribe of heretical witches around their lands
>oh shit time for a good ol' Witch Hunt
>Head to the village and do an investigation
>Village head says we should burn and kill them all now
>Well we need actual evidence to prove they are guilty
>What.What? I thought witch hunters purge heretics without remorse
>They do but we need to make sure they are heretics
>Do a thoroughly investigation and question
>Finally found out the coven of "witches" were just fucking herbalists who like to dance in the forest
>Cancel the hunt
>Suddenly get a stern talk from head Inquisitor about some bullshit complaints

Why is trying to play an actual good Witch Hunter always hard? Whats the point of killing some bitches who make flower crowns when there are real threats of children being eaten and possessions happening about?
>>
>>50606079
Because witch hunts by their very nature are based on paranoia, irrationality, ignorance, and generally keeping women from getting too much respect. In real life anyway.
>>
Just burn them and get it over with

Not being the usual evil witch hunter is nice and all but it's to much work to much red tape and way to much retarded potatoe farmers wanting some land
>>
Burn the villagers and the accused witches. After all, if they've been around long enough to form a coven, there was obvious collusion. Maybe they'll recant when being tied to the stake. Heretics tend to do such things.
>>
>>50606116
And hilariously, despite all the misunderstandings to the contrary, the Church frequently intervened to stop witch hunts. They'd catch wind of it and send a priest to go tell the peasantry to stop being so utterly retarded. A noble sentiment, but peasants gonna peasant.
>>
>>50606079
That was one thing I liked about Victor Saltzpyre in Vermintide. He's a class A dick, but always does his duty.

He deliberately intervened in one case to make sure a Bright Wizard, who was blatantly guilty of arson and manslaughter, didn't get lynched out of hand and instead got a fair trial.
He also hired on a bodyguard he didn't need because he got refused leave despite seeing his regiment wiped out in front of him.

Some of the item descriptions implying he nicked a load of weapons for Skaven killing were also gold.
>>
>>50606430

Warhammer Witch Hunters are based like the book series
>>
File: 1407398449923.png (8KB, 469x463px)
1407398449923.png
8KB, 469x463px
>>50606116
>and generally keeping women from getting too much respect
>>
File: lictor bust.jpg (229KB, 1052x1400px) Image search: [Google]
lictor bust.jpg
229KB, 1052x1400px
>>50606116
>Because witch hunts by their very nature are based on paranoia, irrationality, ignorance, and generally keeping women from getting too much respect. In real life anyway.
Flat out historically inaccurate.
I dont blame you tho i know that we are all taught this garbage when we are in high school and its only taught this way because the poor teacher has to cram so much into the curriculum.

Im a history major at my university and actually just finished a 13 (yeah i know creeepy) page paper on the inquisition and how inquisitions conducted their investigations. Luckily for us inquisitioners were often some of the most intelligent men in their given countries and despite the portrayal of them in popular culture, the process of condemning a witch or warlock was actually very extensive and as an extra bonus the majority of "witch hunters" kept diaries or logbooks of each trial and the evidence which is publicly available. The inquisitions also didnt kill as many people as you may have thought - they were held in like 8 countries and over hundreds of years yet the total death count is estimated to be somewhere around 2000. To put this into perspective this is equal to the 1st year in iraq alone.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.