[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These violent delights have violent ends... Holy shit, just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: westworld7-1200x535.jpg (30KB, 960x427px) Image search: [Google]
westworld7-1200x535.jpg
30KB, 960x427px
These violent delights have violent ends...

Holy shit, just finished Westworld, and GODDAMN SON that i show you setup for a season 2.
I dont think I could ever hope to coming close to delivering a game session like that. The concept and the delivery were amazing. Absolutely fucked with me, having my perception paradigm altered like that. How do you even compare it? Theres just no way to convey the disconnect in perspective, or the jarring shifts between "Reality" and "Narrative". Hell, I'm still not sure it ins't all some elaborate Narrative itself!
>>
I was just thinking about it when I saw this thread.

In retrospect, some things are imperfect, but overall it is really an excellent use of the medium.

Replicating this in a game session would be a matter of manipulation on the meta level with a master plan that couldn't be hurt by a party of marauding murderhobos.
>>
Outside of the setting, music and acting I didn't like it at all. The series never reached the potential that killing the fly at the end of the first act alluded to
>>
>>50591133
>Hell, I'm still not sure it ins't all some elaborate Narrative itself!

Ford's point was that human nature leads people to place themselves in narrative loops without realizing it for their entire lives and when those loops are threatened they turn violent and lash out. Hosts are supposed to be better than that.

Westworld would probably work for freeform RP but it wouldn't be great for a tabletop unless the players want to play a faux Western setting without any risk to their characters. Philosophical existentialism doesn't translate well to gameplay so at best you'd just have a campaign about someone wanting to smuggle their waifu bot out of the park or how a vengeful host learned how to murder people.
>>
>>50591133
I could see Westworld being done as a one-shot in which the players aren't sure if they're robots or not. Hell, I wouldn't even tell the players it's Westworld. I'd just put them into a generic cowboy setting and let 'em go to town.

Pass notes. Sow distrust. And when one player finally fires on another...well, we'll see if the bullets work.
>>
>>50591697
and what, if I may ask, was alluded to, if not the rising agency and will to kill
>>
>>50591133
I like this show's take on androids. In fact, I might insert something like that into a future setting, just with their control codes long lost (but welcome to be found of course)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.