[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know any good FR modules/campaigns? Preferably from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: forgottenrealms.png (150KB, 600x170px) Image search: [Google]
forgottenrealms.png
150KB, 600x170px
Anyone know any good FR modules/campaigns? Preferably from the 3.5 era.
>>
>>50589850
A thread wide and empty like a desert. Trully the power of the realms is great.
>>
>>50593190
Why did you necro this post?
>>
>>50593210
so he could get (you)s
>>
>>50589850
The problem of the FR modules was that the 2E ones while not being quite as good they were descent.

What you are asking is an adventure from the 3.5 era where wizards who had the monopoly on making FR modules was all over the place with its settings and while some adventures were published, none of it gained much notoriety.

I would say that a proper FR adventures that can fit into 3.5 mechanic were the ones bridging the gap between 4th and 5th edition, namely Murder in Baldurs Gate and Legacy of the Crystal Shard where Wizards really got some talented people and started becoming good again.

While these adventures aren't much , hell even some can say that Murder is moronic they give all the bits and pieces that a competent GM can turn into a bloody good adventure.
>>
Christ you people

>>50589850
City of the Spider Queen was generally well received.

Shadowdale: The Scouring of the Land gives you a chance to set an adventure in the 3.X era Dalelands and rounds off that Scyulla Darkhope plot thread that had been dangling for awhile.

While it wasn't necessarily set in the Forgotten Realms, the campaign Red Hand of Doom is without a doubt the best distinctly 3rd Edition campaign (as opposed to the remakes/rehashes like Expedition to Castle Ravenloft). It contains information on how to adjust it to the Realms, namely it can be set nearly seamlessly between the Forest of Amtar and the Misty Vale in the Shining South region. Note that you'll be well in the south of Faerûn if you do that, though: it's hot and dry year-round there, and the whole place should have an African or Arabic flavor to it rather than Medieval Europe.

Dunno what Giant in the Playground's reputation is here on /tg/, but regardless of anything else they do have a good "handbook" for running the Red Hand of Doom:

Finally, as >>50593266 suggested, there's Murder in Baldur's Gate and Legacy of the Crystal Shard. Between the two, I recommend the former, as it's basically your chance to run Les Misérables (the uprising part, anyway) in a D&D setting, with Ulder Ravenguard as Javert, the thieves' Guild as the Friends of the ABC (Marius, Enjolras, etc.), and the patriars of Baldur's Gate as the nobility and establishment.

If you're curious, canonically of the three Bhaal Chosen potentates, Ulder Ravenguard survives and becomes Grand Duke of the Gate; Torlin Silvershield just sort of falls to the wayside; and Rilsa Rael is the one who becomes the Chosen of Bhaal and has to be killed. But that kind of sucks (particularly since in our Les Mis metaphor she represents the oppressed lower class - yes, they lose in Les Mis, but didn't you want them to win?), so you should exchange Torlin and Rilsa's fates.
>>
>>50595162
Oh, I forgot the Red Hand of Doom handbook link:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?171284-The-3-5-Red-Hand-Of-Doom-Handbook-for-DMs-Major-spoilers!-WIP-PEACH!
>>
>>50595162
I played a third of Red Hand of Doom and didn't like, but thanks for the recommendations. Didn't know MIBG had connections to Les Miserables either.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.