[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 418
Thread images: 70

File: general.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
general.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Carnac is the fagnigger - edition

>Some fagnigger's un-usable epubs.
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
File: 40kgeneralbingo.png (257KB, 1200x1400px) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneralbingo.png
257KB, 1200x1400px
Let's start this general with some bingo.
>>
>>50586199
First for nids
>>
Naturally, new thread just before I post this.
New EC list in progress using the Rapture Battalion. Chaos Lord is the warlord and has the drug artefact. The allied CSM are Crimson Slaughter, so to be a legal allied detachment. Vindi has the Perdus Rift anomaly bringing the current total to 1705.
This list has everything I want except enough points-- doesn't have a full Kakophoni, full Linebreaker squad, or as much psychic support as I'd like. And with only 145 points left all I can really do is add another respectable sorcerer (and give the other one a spell senpai).
Thoughts?
>>
>>50586175
The Battle Force and Start Collecting boxes are both great deals. Theyre significantly off the price if the individual components. What he's talking about are things that are explicitly called "bundles" on the web store. They come with no discount.
>>
Who else got the WoM collector's edition? 1212 here. Enjoying my copy and the beautiful things inside.
Anyone else getting Magnus the Red, even if it's off of shit library?
>>
>>50586221
Tau sux
Sisters
>melee race
>I2
magnus OP
Orkz are strong i win all the time with them

there already did a good amount for you
>>
What Herald and lesser daemons should I add as allies to my Word Bearers?

I'm thinking Khorne and Bloodletters, since they're basically the "generic" daemons.
>>
>>50586306
Nurgle and Slaanesh are fairly ubiquitous, one just has the emphasis on survivability and the other mobility.
>>
>>50586306
buy one of each and aim to summon each of them during a game.
>>
>>50586273
I'm not buying the collector's edition. I'll probably buy the normal edition when it comes out next year.
>>
File: ignitrix_by_monorus-daccsqm.png (840KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
ignitrix_by_monorus-daccsqm.png
840KB, 1280x1920px
Can daemons be waifus?
>>
>>50586329
Ah. I'm caving in and preordering instead of waiting because it looks nice
>>
>>50586199

Should I be ramming things with my Raiders?
>>
>>50586306
Depends what you want to use them for and how you intend to have them enter the battlefield. I've enjoyed using khorne daemons as a back up melee group for cultists. Nurgle is great at holding objectives and has a little bit of AT. Tzeentch daemons can now hold objectives like crazy, but are otherwise worthless unless you are going for a ton of warp charges. Slaanesh daemons do about the same job as khorne ones and trade AP3 for rend + I5
>>
File: Made-to-order-december-10.jpg (61KB, 1072x471px) Image search: [Google]
Made-to-order-december-10.jpg
61KB, 1072x471px
This weekends made to orders leaked.
>>
File: Worst Bearers 1460.jpg (427KB, 315x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Worst Bearers 1460.jpg
427KB, 315x1050px
>Four mastery 3 psykers that manifest Warp Charge points on 3+, re-roll failed psychic tests, have 4+ invulnerable saves, and spawn daemons from every orifice
>Dark Apostle grants Zealot to all units within 6" and generates D6 Warp Charge points every game
>Army wide Crusader
>Every turn a character rolls on Boon Table
>Cultist units respawn on a 4+ when destroyed
>Two Heldrakes to deal with gunlines

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?!
>>
File: magnus the smug.jpg (116KB, 468x810px) Image search: [Google]
magnus the smug.jpg
116KB, 468x810px
>>50586221
Let's start with some bitching about Magnus. What do you reckon is the limit of points you'd play against him with?
>>
>>50586341
>delicious titties
yes
>>
>>50586414
With my Tau, I could swing 1k with equal bullshit.
With anything else I'd say 1500 and some forewarning would be minimum.
>>
Just emailed GW to see if Termi Chaplain with Storm Shield is legal.

Probably not, but if it is, I have a new project to work on.
>>
File: loli tzeentch.jpg (118KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
loli tzeentch.jpg
118KB, 400x400px
>>50586341
What implies they couldn't in the first place?
>>
File: 0_84921_83ea357_XL.jpg (784KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
0_84921_83ea357_XL.jpg
784KB, 800x800px
>>50586341
Sure
>>
>>50586379

That's actually... a pretty fluffy list.
>>
>>50586482

I can save you time on waiting for a reply:

It's not in their codex, and not addressed in any FAQ, therefore, no, it's not legal.
>>
>>50586366
Is that a vindicare assassin in the top right?
>>
Primork models and rules when?
>>50586414
I'd take him at 700 - 1000. Lootas are glorious for killing MCs.
>>
File: titans.png (464KB, 969x744px)
titans.png
464KB, 969x744px
So I guess Adeptus Titanicus is gonna be a thing again.
>>
>>50586522
Nope. The old Imperial Assassin from RT/2nd ed. He was pre-temples.
>>
File: nobz without their naut.jpg (59KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
nobz without their naut.jpg
59KB, 600x620px
I love Ork models so much, they're so cool.

Ork update when? I want more stuff for da boyz, even if it's shit.
>>
>>50586533

Also looks like BA are going to get an update.
>>
>>50586414
I probably wouldn't bother after the first time regardless of points as I don't have any ability to touch him before he goes online.
>>
>>50586521
Yeah, probably. But there's hope!

>>50586533
You didn't know that? It's going to be 8mm.

>>50586542
>tfw the warbuggy is still the same 2nd ed one
I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>50586542
Probably soon after 8th.
>>
File: excellent.jpg (7KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
excellent.jpg
7KB, 194x259px
>>50586533
>new blood angels
>primarchs returning
>yfw dante is revealed to be the warrior in gold in the prophecy and leads the blood angels to a new golden age
>yfw blood angels get eldar-tier boost in their next codex
>yfw more awesome models
>>
>>50586560
I still have a warbuggy from around that time.

It's all smashed up though.
>>
>>50586542
I guarantee Orks will get a new buff after the next edition. They're absolute shit tier right now, and shit tier armies means less model sales for geedubs.
>>
>>50586600
Don't make promises you can't keep.

For every good thing Orks will get, they will two slaps to the face and a kick to the dick.
>>
Are there any good alpha legion stories?
>>
>>50586643

Fun game: When was the last time Orks were good?

At least 3 full editions ago.
>>
>>50586533
It also looks like Fabulous bill is gonna make a return. Hopefully as an immortal sadist.
Already ordered the limited edition
>>
>>50586643
Orks aren't going to get a buff to be eldar of course, they probably won't even be GSC tier. But I have no doubt they'll at least be viable in 2000-point games against competent players.
>>
>>50586647
>place my SM demi-company on table
>tell my opponent they are Alpha Legion
>for lulz tell him his army is too
>>
When are we gonna get some imperial agents leaks yooooo
>>
>>50586582

I'll be fine with this if they leave the blood drops and angel wings as optional glue-on bits so I can use their models as vanilla units.
>>
Rumor was a plastic Incubi kit was coming out too. Perhaps a Dark Eldar Kabalite rework is in the mix. Or at least a Incubi fallen phoenix option.
>>
>>50586541
Pretty cool looking either way.
>>
>>50586679
If past trends are any indication, Orks will get a mid-level Codex released soon after the new edition drops. However, given that the designers always seem to be very cautious with the first codexes of an edition, the Ork book will quickly drop in power as the designers begin to experiment with more and more radical new rules.

But at least you can look forward to six to twelve months of mediocrity before you back to losing every game.
>>
>>50586366

Neither of the Inquisitors have the flintlock flamethrower. I'm sad.
>>
>>50586647

>implying the alpha legion even exists
>implying the alpha legion wasn't invented and falsified in other legions' records as part of a secret alpha legion plot to intimidate those legions
>implying models painted as alpha legion are actually alpha legion
>implying they're not alpha legion doing a psy-op by disguising themselves as alpha legion
>>
>>50586600
I don't think Orks are an unpopular army.

Loads of people say they love Orks and want to collect the models, many people do.
The problem is people quit them after they get stomped on so many times...
>>
>>50586657
Reading the ebook now, fairly good for BL standards.
>Fabulous Bill is the last SM still on the Great Crusade

Shame I don't have room for him in my EC list rn, would go great with the drugs.
>>
File: SAVE MEE.png (210KB, 1047x582px)
SAVE MEE.png
210KB, 1047x582px
>>50586713
Just like 7th edition!
>>
>>50586199
What's the most diverse unit in the Guard codex? Is there anything useful for both anti-infantry and anti-vehicle?

I'm thinking Autocannons on Heavy Teams, is that a solid investment? Maybe a Chimera or Taurox to jump them onto objectives?
>>
is there a deposit of audiobooks anywhere? I love listening to books since I drive a few hours everyday. I am missing a few of the HH novels and it bothers me.

The worst part is KAT had most of the books, but no longer exists.
>>
>>50586533

BFG when?
>>
Anyone else ever homebrewed a random chance system? I call it a chaos system.
Tau vs Chaos Marines tonight. 1000pts.
At the start of the match, roll a d6.
On a 1, a unit of 10 Necrons "wake up" in the centre of the board.
Roll a Scatter dice and 2 d6 to determine their movement.
They open fire on the nearest unit and/or attempt to charge if their within 9 inches of the target after moving.

It kicked in on turn 5 and cleared an objective of some dug-in Berserkers running denial, so I gladly plopped some Fire Warriors onto it. Necrons swung back towards me in turn 6 and wiped out my remaining Fire Warriors on the objective, sealing a narrow win for my opponent. Some nail biting stuff!
Next time, the roll of 1 will generate a Warboss and 30 Boyz arriving by outflank.
>>
>>50586582
>primarchs returning
I really doubt we'll see primarchs come fully back Anon.

When does Magnus somehow repent for his crimes of ruining mankinds only hope and sit on the throne instead of dad so he can finally die?
>>
>>50586779
>At the start of the match
At the start of the turn*
>>
File: Robin_Cruddace.jpg (30KB, 500x495px)
Robin_Cruddace.jpg
30KB, 500x495px
>>50586227
CRUDDED
>>
>>50586779
Reminds me of mordheim with monsters being randomly around and just controlled by dice-rolls and random chance.
>>
>>50586779
that's pretty cool actually
but you missed the opportunity for spessmehn to come and purge the heretics
>>
>>50586755
Pask in a Punisher.
>>
>>50586809
I'm yet to play Mordheim, but it's on the to-do list.

>>50586811
Drop pod deployment instead of Necrons waking up is always a possibility.
>>
So I'm really torn on the army I want to start with, eldar tau and admech all look really cool to me.

>inb4 I'm "that guy"

I know radar jetbike and tau walker lists are gay af. My meta is also pretty bipolar either being super competitive or fairly casual. For the tau and eldar lists I would run them fairly infantry heavy, since I like the units (don't get me wrong the big guys are awesome too).

What do you guys think?
>>
File: cruddace gets btfo.jpg (25KB, 291x400px) Image search: [Google]
cruddace gets btfo.jpg
25KB, 291x400px
>>50586804
>>
>>50586533

>Featuring Dante!
>>
>>50586779
Sounds pretty fun, more wacky than the random objectives in Maelstrom of War.

What about multiple "chaotic" possibilities per match?
>>
>>50586199
I'm conflicted. I've been wanting to come up with a color scheme for my Guard, but I'm not sure what looks good. I have 3 Chimeras and about 30 Guardsmen painted as your basic Cadians. I really like the basic Cadian color scheme, but it just seems boring to me. However, the colors I've come up with don't seem very good.

I'm stuck between a goldish yellow armor with black clothing and a greyish blue armor with black clothing. There's also the 30 Guardsmen and Chimeras I'm not sure what to do with. Do I just have mixing colored Guardsmen? Make them different platoons or some conscripts? I don't know and these decisions plague me. I want to make sure I pick a direction and start working instead of painting 10-20 guys and realizing I want to change it.

What are some good and more on the original side in terms of color schemes for Cadian troops?
>>
>>50586834
go eldar for maximum cheese and winning
tau for high amounts of cheese and winning
admech for fun winning, less people complaining about cheese, and good (but expensive) models also if you want to build a skitarii army
>>
>>50586787

Really depends on how well the FW models sell. Its too tempting for GW to ignore.
>>
File: Pepsi Mindfuck.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Pepsi Mindfuck.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50586724

>when you're in deep
>and you need to go deeper

Now I need an Alpha Legion PDF in the same vein as the Pepsi PDF.
>>
>>50586857
From an old codex
>>
>>50586779
I've done something similar. In one campaign, we had this mad mega Chaos spawn that each player took control of in there turn. However, if it got within 8" of any unit- for any reason- it immediately had to charge. It was kinda neat, fucked over some unwitting Skitarii though.

Otherwise yeah it's very similar, 'Crons waking up or a warp incursion that attacks the closest thing to it/ it's important relic. Good stuff, adds a nice bit of intrigue
>>
>>50586892

Harakoni Warhawks are cool.
>>
>>50586892
Oh nice, thank you.
>>
>>50586892

512th Cadian was my shit in Dawn of War.
>>
File: Johnny.gif (2MB, 300x241px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny.gif
2MB, 300x241px
>>50586884
What the fuck did I just read.
>>
>>50586843
>multiple "chaotic" possibilities per match
You see I think it could definitely work, but it would easy to cause too much havoc. I think multiple instances would work best if there was a slightly narrative lilt on things. For example, the 30 Boyz mentioned above could be scaled down to 15 Boyz + Warboss. But if the D6 rolls a 1 or 2 at the start of the next turn, 30 more Boyz turn up to represent the next clump of the waagh rocking up to scrap it out. I would recommend you try it yourself some time!

>>50586900
I like the idea of controlling the unit to a degree. We once did something similar, but even then it relied on the scatter and proximity rules outlined above. Each army started with a Dreadnought/ChaosDreadnought/Hellbrute etc in a random selected corner of their deployment zone. In the middle of the map was a console that, if activated, would bring the unit to life.
>>
>>50586924

A social experiment on whether or not shareholders are really just retards with expendable income.
>>
>>50586941

Shareholders of GW are.
>>
>>50586917
>>50586911
Those were the 2 I noticed that I wanted to potentially use. I just gotta figure out what to do with the other 30 and the transports. It's really daunting to think about repainting them, but also it might not look great having such mixing and matching color schemes in the army.
>>
>>50586379
I'm not sure about all the Sigils on the Sorcerers. They're going to be taking a fair number of wounds from Perils, which don't allow saves at all. A 2+ Look out Sir! is better than a 4++ anyways.
>>
>>50586892

I never knew Harakoni Warhawks had the Helldiver nicknames. I've always liked Harakoni Warhawks for being a less wonky looking EDT and I thought the term Helldiver from other media was badass.

Harakon confirmed for GOAT
>>
>>50586779
I had an idea for a system like that.

My friends wanted to build a board where the terrain was more than just "ruins" and "da uvva bitz", you know?
Actually use the terrain rules for stuff, gun emplacements and unoccupied buildings.

The plan fell apart when we realised that would mean going out of our way to custom build a gaming board.
>>
I assume I can't replace a Chaos Predator from the "Legion Armoury" formation with a Chaos Infernal Relic Predator?
>>
>>50586985
make the bases and layers of dust/weathering same and have a nice AM force drafted from interplanetary remnants marching to their death
>>
>>50586834
Go ad-mech, they're the hot new thing in the game, the newest faction.
Not many people collect a big army of them so you can do it and become a snowflake.
>>
>>50587023
Nope. You need a CAD for FW goodies.
>>
>>50586504
Careful, anon. That's Khorne's waifu, and he doesn't share like the rest of us.
>>
>>50587023
Email forgeworld about it. There's a precedent in them telling people that their "FW 'dreadnoughts' count as dreadnoughts in formations", and that you can use any Badab War Character in place of normal characters in formations. Like using Asterion Moloc in place of a chapter master in the Strike Force Command, or Tarnus Vale instead of a captain. They even let you take a Leviathan in a gladius, their reasoning being that 'leviathans are dreadnoughts', although the leviathan's rules explicitly state that it never claims any benefit from whatever formation you stick it in.

Just go with the Forgeworld Predator is still a predator, or god forbid just email forgeworld about it. And when they give you permission to, print out the response and bring it with you.
>>
>>50587023
Nope.

FW really needs to make a list of what of their stuff counts as what for detachment/formation purposes. It's silly that none of it can be taken in Formations/Detachments.
>>
>>50587024
Oh great idea. What do you think of adding something to the should pads? Like some kind of colored line through them horizontally or vertically? As a sign of their bond despite being from different worlds?
>>
File: s-l1600 (6).jpg (135KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (6).jpg
135KB, 960x540px
>>50587017
You could always just use something a bit more simple. Enter a building? It might be booby trapped. Come within a certain distance of an emplacement, it might be an auto-defence turret. Come across some long grass? There might be undeclared melta-mines in there!

You don't need to go over board and create new boards or custom terrain if you don't want to. Sure, it helps, but it isn't needed. These are about £11 in the UK and you can do a lot of fun stuff with them. If a unit is behind it, they can use it for cover, but if you don't hit your target you're more than likely going to hit the tank. If you're lucky, you might ignite the magazine and kill the whole squad hiding there.

>Roll to hit with 10 shots
>4 hit, 6 miss
>Resolve 6 misses against Av10 (for example)
>On a 5 or 6, the magazine ignites
>Roll 2 d6 for range
>Deal 1 S5 Ap4 hit to everyone inside the blast radius
>If the 6 misses don't penetrate the armour, resolve the original 4 hits as normal

That's just an example, but you just need to make a simple system that your opponent agrees with.
>>
File: 1448940119231.png (17KB, 247x239px)
1448940119231.png
17KB, 247x239px
>>50587134
I'm doing this, I like this idea a lot.
>>
File: 1481019834904.webm (2MB, 978x764px) Image search: [Google]
1481019834904.webm
2MB, 978x764px
>>50586892

>Harakoni Warhawks are just cadian models
>>
>>50587134
>>50587174
Rules are in the OP
>>
File: Even in death, I am Alpharius.png (446KB, 1103x816px) Image search: [Google]
Even in death, I am Alpharius.png
446KB, 1103x816px
>>50586647
>>
>>50587174
Have fun friendo!

>>50587202
Not gonna lie, I never even skim read that.
>>
>>50587195
Not really. But it's close enough you can pretend.
>>
>>50587057
Sorry
Wats a CAD (new fag)
>>
>>50587202
What the fuck? I tried to use Readium to open the epub for planetary onslaught, and it just redownloaded itself.. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
>>
File: El4.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
El4.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>50587013

There's an Elysian regiment with that nickname too.
>>
>>50587057
If I have unbound allies, does that mean the entire army counts as unbound even if the rest are Battleforged?

I want to put Hellblades in with my Renegade army but being forced to take a CAD to get two of them is a drag
>>
>>50587296

The number 13 is unlucky though
>>
>>50586941

The experiment has provided some compelling evidence towards proving that hypothesis.
>>
Post wishlists for Imperial Agents

Highlights:
>Inquisition, Officio Assassinorum, Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Adepta Sororitas, Cult Mechanicus, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Aeronautica Imperialis, and even the Legion of the Damned.

>It’s worth saying that this will not replace existing printed codexes for the Deathwatch or Grey Knights

>Speaking of which, one of the coolest things in the codex is a change to the way that the Inquisitorial Henchman Warband works. To further represent the unique nature of the Ordos

>they still keep their acolytes, general hangers-on and space-oranguatan-mechanics.

I'm personally hoping for an Ordo (X) formation for each Ordo that makes them operate a bit differently.
>>
>>50587316
Are you retarded? Try reading the rulebook.
>>
>>50587234
Combined Arms Detachment. The formation in the main rulebook. Take one in addition the the formations in your fancy Traitor Legions detachment. You'll need to pay for an HQ and two Troops as required by the formation.
>>
>>50587316
Yeah it makes the entire army unbound.
>>
File: rawr.png (954KB, 822x662px) Image search: [Google]
rawr.png
954KB, 822x662px
Why do people hate Heldrakes? They are literal daemon-machine-dragons. How is that not cool.
>>
>>50587334
Red Hunter bodyguards.
>>
>>50587316
Yes.
>>
>>50587202
Dude, that formatting is atrocious and unreadable.
>>
>>50587048
Don't do it! I'm a snowflake, and others shouldn't collect my army!

Just kidding. It'd be cool to see more AdMech players out there
>>
>>50587223

Looks like lighter-weight Cadian Hostile Environment models equipped with Elysian Grav-Chutes.
>>
>>50587009

This, drop the sigils and take Palanquins of Nurgle, you won't be able to get enough for all of them but it will increase their survivability in a way that also makes them resist Perils better. Remember you can take a Malefic Tome on one so he can summon, the roll the rest of his powers from a Chaos God's discipline and still get his mark's primaris.
>>
>>50587353
They are cool, they just had the misfortune of coming out relatively early, before the meta had adjusted to flyers.

Plus they're designed almost perfectly to kill the most popular army in the game.
>>
>>50587319

Make your own luck.
>>
So I was gonna start a world eaters army, how necessary are rhinos with the movement buffs they gain? And MSU of mk chaos marines? Or squad sizes of 10?
>>
>>50587121
yeah that would work, could even paint one shoulder pad in the same colour and with a marking, death watch style
or just lines, lines are cool
>>
>>50587353

They used to make marines unplayable.
>>
>>50587388
Nice Khorne dubs

Clearly you should run in units of 8, all the signs are here already.
>>
I just noticed how many crouching, ducking, and prone models IG has.

Now I really want to make a model that cheeses line of sight. Not to be a powergaming douche, but just because it's amusing and takes full advantage of the model's sculpts. I mean, they're cowering and ducking because incoming fire is dangerous, right? They SHOULD be harder to hit.
>>
>>50587353
Because they are trying too much.
Even for 40k standard.

The Heldrake is the edgiest amongs the edgy kids.

Also, the fact that the model is monopose (and not even a neutral pose, but leaning on the left) is terrible. It gets boring pretty fast.
>>
>>50587444

Thats all fun and games until your opponent says your models can't shoot over the cover their hiding behind.
>>
>>50587444
See >>50587466

Just assume everything is standing or the game turns to shit quickly.
>>
>>50586717
One of the current ones does.
>>
>>50586366
>Lady Inquisitor

YES
>>
>>50587048

Different guy, but I was really tempted to go Skitarii. I didn't because a friend said he would, and I didn't want to double dip on armies since we would mostly be playing each other.

Month later, he doesn't even play, and I could have gotten them.

Oh well, I got HH batmans to work on instead.
>>
File: Enlight1.jpg (217KB, 580x890px) Image search: [Google]
Enlight1.jpg
217KB, 580x890px
New Astropath
>>
>>50587504

Which one?

Also, dat condemnor Boltgun on the first one.
>>
>>50586366
>none of them is the female inquisitor with the inferno gun.
maybe next time.
>>
>>50587396
>>50587382
Pretty much exactly this. I fucking hated hell-turkeys up until I got my first Deredeo. Then I brought said air-killing motherfucker to every game until all my opponents gave up on trying to bring their damn turkeys.

The last time I ever saw a helldrake was about 6 months ago. There was 3 of them in an Apocalypse game, and they were in some weird formation that allowed them to respawn. I had a Deredeo kill the entire pack of 3 of them every single turn they came on the board. He just sat there for 4 turns straight and kerblammed turkeys left right and center for the entire duration of the game.
>>
>>50587553
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Grey-Knights-Inquisitor-with-Inferno-Pistol-Power-Sword
>>
>>50586273
0927 reporting
>>
File: heldrake.jpg (19KB, 408x381px) Image search: [Google]
heldrake.jpg
19KB, 408x381px
>>50587382
>>50587396

It was a big meta shift.

When Codex CSM was released, it was garbage, in many ways worse than the previous one. The legions were neglected while loyalists got all the special snowflake wank they always get. This was coming off the coattails of 5th edition, where Salamanders/Blood Angels/Space Wolves/Grey Knights in razorbacks were the ultimate list.

The Heldrake showed up and shat all over the space marine memelists. Marines could do nothing about it. This was before Flakk missiles were widespread, before Marines had been given AA tanks, the flyer rules were out but very few codexes had anti-air weapons. The Heldrake had 12 front armor like the loyalist stormraven, but was cheaper, could vector strike(multiple hits even against ground units back in 6th) and had THE BALEFLAMER which originally had a 360 degree firing arc.

The old lists of yiffs or gay knights in their asscannon razorbacks were helpless. Their guns lacked the range to deal with the things, they could easily destroy metal boxes with their vector strikes, and any Space Marine squad caught out in the open was annihilated by the baleflamer. In fact, the Heldrake warped the meta so much that space marines on foot were simply not viable at all at that point, they died instantly on 2s to a flyer-mounted attack that automatically hit the entire squad from any angle.

Heldrakes weren't the only flyer cheese, either. Some players responded in kind trying to fit as many Stormravens as possible in their lists. There were also Imperial Guard and Necron lists that took like 9 flyers. And of course 4 flyrants was a thing.

Probably the most broken army of this era though, was Tzeentch Daemons. Back before Summoning, yes, but every model had Eternal Warrior and 4++ base, made re-rollable simply for being near Fateweaver, Screamers could make all their attacks armourbane not just one, and Flamers, yes, every single one of them, had an individual BREATH OF CHAOS. Good times.
>>
>>50587334
Assassins probably need an update to their rules.
>>
File: IMG_3205.png (440KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3205.png
440KB, 640x1136px
>tfw have to choose between making your Dudes 4th or 5th company because the 3rd company went missing
But a red stripe is far easier to paint. Oh well.

Which one looks easier to paint on a black model, anons? Assuming the green is red.

Wait, looking at the Dark Angel codex, for some reason the Consecrators replace the Green with Black, and not res as previously though.

I find this extremely odd, as it is black on black then.
>>
>>50587595

Ooh right, that one. Forgot that one existed.
>>
>bought Space Yiffs codex
>start reading
>billions numbers and half-explained traits/rules
>"rules for [insert trait] can be found in [other x book you have to buy] ;))
i-i think i am too dumb and poor for this game...
i j-just wanted to have f-fun..
time to collect and paint only ;_;
>>
File: images-1.jpg (15KB, 241x209px)
images-1.jpg
15KB, 241x209px
I was opposed to my friend fielding two heldrakes until he said he would paint them red and blue and have them be double dragon.
>>
>>50586414
I'd be willing to go up against him at 1500 if I had warning, 1850+ if no warning, which is where I suspect he'll be used.
>>
>>50587677
>have to buy
Mega up top friendo.
>>
>>50587650
They got printed pages finally in Mont'Ka. But an actual update would be cool. I think "lesser" skilled assassins should be made, so you can have a squad of those and then an actual high ranking one like Vindicare or Cullexus. Basically Harlequins in Imperial flavor.
>>
I thought there was a contemptor dreadnought dataslate after betrayal came out? or was I mistaken?
>>
>>50587681

Oh man I remember that cartoon. One was named Billy, what was the brother's name?

Cartoons from that era were great. I also remember King Arthur and the Knights of Justice where a bunch of football kids get turned into knights and summoned weapons from their chests.
>>
>>50587585

Can the Heldrakes jink to try to survive or did this change with the new skies book?
>>
>>50586834

If you like the looks of those, which has the playstyle that interests you most?

Also, going Eldar or Tau infantry is legit, though with Eldar it's still possible for an infantry heavy list to be cheesy.
>>
>>50587444

Maybe a Parapalegic/legless homebrew legion?
Even in disability, they serve the emperor's light
>>
>>50587734
You mean Iron Hands?
>>
>>50587632

If it wasn't Heldrakes it was the Necron flying bakery. Thank god that bullshit White Dwarf Daemon flamer build only lasted a few months until they actually got their real codex. And people say White Dwarf isn't full of shit.
>>
>>50587734

I've seen a Necron army with crawling torsos, upside down legs sticking out of the ground, and Necrons with just an arm and head coming out of the sand. Also seen this strategy used in WHFB to fill out large infantry blocks with fewer models.
>>
File: image.jpg (656KB, 1762x2004px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
656KB, 1762x2004px
Starting on a thousand sons Helbrute.
>>
>>50587763
S10 AP1 Scrotum Pinch
>>
>>50587660
>people bother with company markings

most of them look gay anyways, just paint what you want
>>
>>50587726
If a helldrake jinks, it can't do ANYTHING for an entire turn. It just becomes a sitting duck that accomplishes nothing. If it gets penned by the whole S8 Sunder guns, then it's similarly not going to do anything. Either way a single deredeo absolutely fucking wrecks helldrake squadrons.

Also the damn turkeys have Daemon Saves, so they don't need to jink anyway.
>>
>>50587660
>I like third company

so paint third company you autistic fuck
>>
>>50587677
The only other book you need is the main rulebook, and you should have that anyway.
>>
>>50587763
>that plastic headdress addon

Adorable
>>
>>50587744

I was thinking less a legion of inspector gadgets and more a legion of LT Dans.
>>
>>50587789
>Also the damn turkeys have Daemon Saves, so they don't need to jink anyway.
>mfw I forgot about this

Fucking Heldrakes. 2012-2013 was even worse than current 40k.
>>
>>50587815
There's a Chaos Warband that does that. Black Legion Desecrated, I think?
>>
>>50587811

I'm also going to give him the heavy warpflamer from the scarab occult kit, and turn a banner from the Tzaangors into a tabard. Prolly some other bits and pieces too.
>>
>>50587699
thanks anon but i really think i am too dense.
i need a friend who would explain this shit for me..
>>
File: Hydra Dominatus.jpg (206KB, 480x650px)
Hydra Dominatus.jpg
206KB, 480x650px
>>50586691
>>for lulz tell him his army is too
GUFFAW!
>>
>>50587809
>the main rulebook
i don't anon, i just had shekels for codex so far ;_;
>>
>>50587781

The correct way to deal with Wraithknights.
>>
>>50587860
it's ok, OP has pdfs
>>
File: 1450938662638.gif (900KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450938662638.gif
900KB, 300x300px
>>50587844
>click link
>click 40k folder
>click Codex folder
>click Codex you want
>>
>>50587844

What do you need explained? You said numbers and special rules found in the core rulebook?
>>
>>50587860
Well in the meantime download it from the link in the OP.
>>
>>50587677
you can get the kill team box, it comes with a rulebook, it's good
>>
File: 1429619886060.png (613KB, 900x900px)
1429619886060.png
613KB, 900x900px
>>50587763

CALL IT A CHAOS DREADNOUGHT
>>
>>50587844
read the simple reference sheet then
>>
>>50587677
>i-i think i am too dumb and poor for this game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaV3ku2aGOc
>>
>>50587787
I like them.

>>50587801
Screw you, I'm gonna go full turbo-fluff-autist and you can't stop me!
>>
>>50587885
but it's a helbrute my man
>>
>>50587885

I kinda have to run it as a Helbrute if I'm gonna use it in their decurion.

Yeah, a ferrum infernus would work better rules wise.
>>
>>50587869
>You stay away from me, starfish! Buncha friggin' weirdos around here
>>
>>50587713
Hell yeah. Billy and Jimmy Lee.

IMO, anything 80s / early 90s themed is awesome in 40k.
>>
>>50587903
>people actually don't play the army they want to because that army is dead/missing in 999.M41

Just play a pre-missing force, dude...
>>
>>50587860
Oh anon.
>Buying codices
If you look hard enough, the Russians have everything you want for free.

Thanks VK!

Glorious PDFs and no epubs!

Я плoхa гaвapю пa Pyccки!
>>
>>50587925
this so much

the flow of time is convoluted
>>
>>50587897
>>50587873
>>50587865
t-thanks friends

the "Start Collecting" pack?
>>
>>50586582
Oh sweet summer anon
Blood Angels aren't allowed good things.
We just get shit detachments and formations a year after everyone else, right before they get updated to get BETTER just.
>>
>>50587940
So they say of Lordran, and of the fires fading once more, the curse of the Undead reappears...
>>
>>50587942
>the "Start Collecting" pack?
was for this anon
>>50587877

>>50587931
i kinda wanted at least one codex, for collecting autism
>>
>>50587342
>have to pay the Chaos Warband tax to get the decurion special rules
>formations have taxes of their own
>have to take a whole separate CAD to bring any of the fun or interesting FW stuff
Free VotLW and some extra rules to go with it is great, but honestly we're still stuck with the same problem that our units require moderate points injections to become viable (special weapons for Chosen/Terminators, for example) so our tax units WILL under perform unless we drop even more points on them, while other armies get supremely lean and cost-effective formations. To say nothing of free transports/wargear hijinks which can easily hit 500pts of free shit.
>>
>>50586734
See, this is a win win for GW.
You buy a bunch of shit. You get tired of losing with it CONSTANTLY... so you buy MORE shit.
They just doubled their money
>>
File: quota.png (53KB, 946x475px) Image search: [Google]
quota.png
53KB, 946x475px
>>50587931

>>50587942
>the "Start Collecting" pack?
>>50587958
>>the "Start Collecting" pack?
>was for this anon

No, the kill team box comes with 10 space marines and 10 tau guys and the rules, but it's basically the price of the rulebook, so you get 10 free marines and free bodies to either smash up and use on your bases, or 10 guys to build and give to friends to play little skirmishes with
>>
>>50587702

Officio Assassinorum Acolytes, henchmen and agents of the Assassinorum that function as "handlers" to the Assassins, agents who obtain intelligence, and generally trained in diplomacy to make sure people know the Assassins mean business. Spies and bureaucrats, basically.
>>
>>50587763
Do these cute guys still get sold, anon? I regret not buying him way back when I first saw him and feel bad ;~;
>>
>>50587942
No, he's talking about this
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40000-Killteam

Start Collecting boxes only have models.
>>
>>50587404
Hmmm tempting but my cultist would look out of place being in squad sizes of 10 no? Or I could ally some deamonkin make that shit right
>>
>>50587781
>Preferred Enemy (Pussy)
>>
>>50587983
Not officially.
>>
>>50587092
Khorne's waifu a shit
>>
File: 1469123113779.png (206KB, 501x455px) Image search: [Google]
1469123113779.png
206KB, 501x455px
>>50587978
>>50587931
my bandwith quota limit hit before i managed to finish downloading the rulebook aaaaaaaaa
>>
>>50587925
>>50587940

Anything 998-999.M41 has been written on and retconned so many times it probably doesn't even matter.

It's also funny that Craftworld Iyanden and the Scythes of the Emperor are supposed to be the archetypical "almost died to tyranids" subfactions of CWE and space marines, but it happened in 995.M41, only 4 years before the 13th Black Crusade.

Meanwhile there are rules for Damocles Gulf Crusade, Hive Fleet Behemoth, Badab War, things that happened centuries or more earlier. And they have to make up stasis cells as an excuse for why Shadowsun is still alive in 99x.M41 if Fire Caste are so short-lived.
>>
File: img489cc8f3cbb81.jpg (68KB, 600x464px)
img489cc8f3cbb81.jpg
68KB, 600x464px
>>50587702
>I think "lesser" skilled assassins should be made
they have
>>
>>50587763
Nice ching Chang Chong China cast brah.
>>
File: 1452664672198.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452664672198.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>50588009
Oh.
>>
>>50588036
I know those exist, but they don't really operate within the assassin temples.
>>
>>50587988
i see thanks.

i could try this too though
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-PL/Warhammer-40-000-EN-A
Even though it has no figures it has some neat books
>>
>>50587925
I just want to because small details like company markings would help me improve my freehanding and other things.

That, and I am a huge fluff autist.

Nothing says the 3rd company's dead, just missing. But I'd feel like crap if they ever expanded on their fluff and stated that they all died/the company was destroyed. Like, I have no reason to, but it's just this really weird fear I have. That My Dudes were all killed in canon. I'm in 40k for the fluff and aesthetic alone.

That, and I, my friend who is starting DA with the help of Dark Vengeance, and his friends who already play 40k are going to have a narrative campaign once everything's finished up and I have at least 1k points ready. The 1st legion and a successor chapter fighting together against Chaos and Xenos just sounds great.
>>
>>50588089
That's because the temples are for the good assassins.
>>
>>50588092
Yeah. If you'd rather have the fluff books than the Marine/Tau models.
>>
>>50588129
but the fluff pdfs are online, and the smaller rulebook is better for carrying around to play dates, AND you get 10 marines
>>
File: Raptors.jpg (29KB, 220x303px) Image search: [Google]
Raptors.jpg
29KB, 220x303px
>>50587969

>tfw Night Lords
>tfw 500pt Decurion
>>
>>50587969
terminators are best with combi meltas and force weapons dude
>>
>>50588068

It's polish, I was trying to buy it legit second hand and the fucker screwed me on price.

But oh well.
>>
File: Deathguardlogo.gif (19KB, 179x208px) Image search: [Google]
Deathguardlogo.gif
19KB, 179x208px
>>50587969
>Not playing a Legion where Termies, CSM, Bikers, and Havocs are your best models.

Seriously though, keep in mind you do keep the basic Legion special rules even if you just run a CAD.
>>
>>50587983
>>50588084

They were on last chance from FW months ago. That's why I have FW's last chance thing as my homepage.
>>
Can non-scout marines still take shotguns and how good are they?

I don't play SM but I had a stupid idea the other day about a chapter of hillbilly marines who only used shotguns and had a realtree color scheme and thought it'd be funny to fluff up a bit.
>>
File: IMG_1801.jpg (155KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1801.jpg
155KB, 1252x1252px
>>50588097
>Fluffy narrative campaign
Awesome, good for you, anon.

I mean, good on you for being so dedicated to the fluff, I guess. And having friends.
>>
can someone reup the traitor legions pdf here, I can't get it off mega
>>
>>50588229
Nope. Bad.
>>
>>50588229
deathwatch gets cool things, deathwatch gets good shotguns
>>
>>50588229
Only Deathwatch.
>>
>>50587460
That's why we fix it
>>
>>50588229

Only certain 30k marines get shotguns.

Shotguns are worse than bolt pistols and chainswords. You will do less damage in assault, and you will do SLIGHTLY more wounds on the charge (which might negate your charge totally anyway).
>>
>>50588361
neat
>>
>>50588371
um no, the deathwatch shotguns are good
>>
can someone post angels of death please? I'm bandwidth capped
>>
>>50587730
I really enjoy a more "tactical" approach. Relying on my options to keep my guys alive. I like being able to control the flow of the game by making enemies fight on my terms, or by forcing them to deal with units they are ill-equipped to fight.

I love tau because of their kauyon method of fighting, relying on superior tactics to best foes.

Eldar are great because they have neat models (but my god are they expensive) and are fast to boot. I can utilize mismatches to triumph over my opponent

Admech is great because they have awesome models and are the most balanced of the three, but also the hardest to build for.

>>50586868
>>50587048
Speaking of this, I want to run an admech/skitarii army but I can't figure out how to build them effectively. Skitarii have no hq choices so I can't ally them and the points cost seem all over the place
>>
File: Thousand Sons.jpg (158KB, 797x911px) Image search: [Google]
Thousand Sons.jpg
158KB, 797x911px
Trying to make a 1850 maximum fun list. Plenty to kill and be killed by. I didn't spam heavy quad launchers, and I (probably) won't shit out infinite Pink Horror squads with the Heralds. There's a lot going on there though so tell me if I fucked up.

I don't like that there's several throw away units in here just to get the ones I wanted but oh well.
>>
>>50588467
>can't ally them
Anon, do you only play CAD+Alloed Detachment? That's the way I play too! You do know that the Skitarii Maniple Formation is minimum 2 troops, right?
>>
File: XxYdAP.gif (860KB, 320x240px)
XxYdAP.gif
860KB, 320x240px
>>50588240
>>50588257
>>50588270
>>50588371
Well, dreams crushed. Thanks for at least answering thoroughly.

I could just custom rule them anyway but I doubt I'd ever take the idea seriously to do it in the first place.
>>
>>50588437

He's asking about SM shotguns, not DW shotguns.
>>
>>50588531
If you want hillbillies you could play Genestealer Cults. Not only can they take shotguns by default, being inbred hicks is incredibly fluffy.
>>
What units does a competitive guard list use?
>>
Has anyone tried making an Epidermus list with a Chaos Knight of Nurgle?

IIRC they count as chaos daemons so you'd be able to wrack up a bunch of tally kills from far away.
>>
Would anybody here have any objection to a converted Varanguard being used as a Biker Chaos Lord?
>>
>>50588583
Yeah but it's not as funny as space marines with plasma shotguns, camo power armor (with orange pauldrons because 'them damn xenis can't see orange on accounta their inferior alien eyes'), bikes with antlers mounted on the front and Skynyrd lyrics on their purity seals.
>>
>>50588590

Wyverns, Conscripts, psykers, fortifications, maybe Pask and LRs but I'm pretty sure those are no longer competitive.
>>
>>50588590
genestealers
>>
>>50588681
kek
>>
>>50588657
cavalry aren't bike units
>>
>>50587702
Half of me thinks that's dumb and the other half would be hard as diamonds at the thought of squads of Vindicares

I'm more interested in lower point costs, different formations, (spoiler)+3 save because I cry evertiem my 'sassin dies(/spoiler).
>>
Rules clarification.

Could I make a chaos marine list using the standard CAD, and the. Also use a formation from the traitors hate book like the cult of destruction?
>>
>>50588500
I don't know all their formations off hand and I don't like to build around formations unless I'm aiming for a competitive list. This is my first 40k army so I'm not 100% on everything
>>
>>50588467

You don't have to use an "Allied Detachment" to take allies, you can take a CAD or the special no-HQ skitarii detachment instead, and still have it allied to another detachment.
>>
>>50588361
That's a neat conversion.

Shame it doubles the cost of an already not-cheap model.

The Heldrake should have been a a Walker that was modal between being a zooming flyer and a walker.
>>
>>50588746

The maniple is the basic army list for Skitarii. It doesn't have ObSec like the CAD but it lets you advance your guys quick despite their lacking transports.

The formations are basically specialized alternate army lists based around specific models and tactics. You can take formations in addition to your main army list, just like how you can take allied detachments.
>>
>>50588701
Fuck off, no one will mistake it for anything else in a CSM army.

>>50588657
Go for it dude.
>>
Are unbound forces allowed in tornerments
>>
File: khorne3.jpg (529KB, 608x1048px)
khorne3.jpg
529KB, 608x1048px
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
>>
>>50588833
but cavalry aren't bikes dude
>>
>>50588857

no
>>
>>50588887

I've never liked his artwork.
>>
Any pictures of successful conversions to make it so tyranids don't have dumb bio-guns? Trying to get a small force of tyranids together so I grabbed the start collecting box and I'm staring at these stupid looking gargoyles.

Their dumb weapons never bothered me until these stupid things. I think its because it looks like they have fucking magazines. I may just cut them off if I can't figure out a way to make them look better.
>>
>>50588909
his artwork is so boring to me because he's just an edgy as fuck neo-nazi anarchist gas mask fetishist and it just makes me roll my eyes when I see shit like that
especially with his oc donut steel noise marine
>>
>>50588909
It's kinda hit or miss for me. Some of it's good but some of it just looks half-assed. He's almost the only fucker out there who draws Blood Pact though.
>>
>>50588744
>and the.
And the what?
>>
>>50588942
Didn't he drop the whole neo-Nazi bit once he got a real job? I remember he changed his entire image overnight and deleted a lot of old artwork once he got a job. I mean it's smart of him but he shouldn't have a link between his neo-Nazi shit and his real person to begin with.
>>
>>50588833
could be a lord on a monstrous mount
>>
>>50588993
I dunno, all I know is that he got banned on like 10 different DA accounts, probably because of his neo-nazi stuff, so that might have been a part of it as well.
>>
File: just_bag_me_now.png (73KB, 230x285px) Image search: [Google]
just_bag_me_now.png
73KB, 230x285px
>>50588235

>LGS has no one who plays
>no one wants to play because of price
>work 2nd shift so only have sat/sun available
>tfw no one to play sweet campaigns with
>>
>>50588675
As an avid deer hunter, this made me chuckle.
>>
>>50587844
Where are you friendo? Maybe you can meet up with someone from here like I did when I was starting
>>
>>50589026
>clear out a room or corner in your house
>set up your own 6x4
>start a second army
>build terrain
>play campaigns against yourself

It's time.

One small benefit of this would be having an easier time tricking people into the hobby due to having an army to lend them.
>>
>>50588473

>Heralds are ML1 for 45 points
>25pts to bump per ML
>ML 3 Herald is 95 points
>provides the same power dice as 135pts

There is no reason for Heralds to be ML1
>>
File: Capture.png (171KB, 464x409px)
Capture.png
171KB, 464x409px
>>50589026
>tfw work M-F
>just want to relax afterwork
>friends with people who work weekends
>can't get games in
>>
>>50589043
I used to live out in the country but moved to the city and got a job in a warehouse, so I guess that's where my longing for hillbilly marines is coming from right now. A few cans of deer spray broke the other day at work and I actually enjoyed the smell of deer piss for once in my life because it reminded me of home.

Don't ever move to the city. There's nothing here for you.
>>
Where is the cheapest place I can buy a start collecting box? My store is doing an escalation campaign with new armies.
>>
>>50589075
I tried this with kill team, still wasn't enough to get them interested.
>>
>>50589137
Amazon might have a holiday deal from some third-party website selling them right now, and there's always ebay though that's always a gamble.
>>
>>50589075

I live in an efficiency, so table space is a problem. My work area is a cluttered mess because of how little space I have.

However, my LGS owner is thinking about just eating the cost of all the boxes that aren't selling, putting them together, painting them, and letting people rent the armies.

>>50589086

I don't have any friends left, either. My whole 40k group vanished into the aether when my old LGS closed.
>>
>>50589137
http://www.thewarstore.com/index.html has all gw products at 20% off, (america) but you gotta do some shit with emailing them for a product list and whatever, since they can't directly sell them to you.
if you aren't in the US, theres plenty of online places that offer a discount.
>>
>>50589086

I've had weekdays where I didn't have to work before. Do you know what we do on those days? We stroll through empty stores, not having to deal with crowds, and then have a hearty laugh at our sucker friends who work M-F.
>>
>>50589155
Gamble how?
>>
File: 1451885534019.jpg (134KB, 623x511px) Image search: [Google]
1451885534019.jpg
134KB, 623x511px
>>50589086
>Play Orks
>Play fluffy campaign with friends
>Still lose anyways
>>
>>50589170
They might some shitty recasts or a scam or something. I've never really trusted ebay.
>>
>>50589137

Buy at an online shop that sells 40k at 20% off or more.
>>
File: 1479403917734.png (110KB, 445x297px)
1479403917734.png
110KB, 445x297px
>>50589026
>>50589086
>>work 3-11. Sun Mon off. In DC.
>>get boned for days off often. Can't schedule anything
>>can only get to nearest store 30 minutes away, it's a GW, and it's too small and packed to sit anywhere and make friends. Visit multiple times but have to turn away due to crowding and then waste precious weekend sitting in I 95 parking lot.

>>just continue painting forever now.
>>
>>50589181
The only time I've had a problem was when I bought some really cheap crisis suits. Pretty much new I was buying recasts for the price I paid for them.
>>
I'm not seeing a Deathwatch codex in pdf. Could someone help?
>>
>>50589249
Epub in fresh rules
>>
>>50586199
Anyone got Shadow of Ullanor? I noticed it is not up on the Black Library dump.
>>
Traitor Legions when
>>
>>50589263

Another anon, but is there a better epub? The one listed doesn't allow for two-page reading and zooming in on that tiny ant lettering (at least for me and my shitty reader program).
>>
How's this for an admech list?

+++ Admech (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2004) (1497pts) +++

++ AdM Skitarii Maniple (Skitarii: Codex (2015) v2000) (632pts) ++

+ Troops (297pts) +

Skitarii Rangers (115pts) [Ranger Alpha, 4x Skitarii Ranger, 2x Transuranic arquebus]

Skitarii Vanguards (91pts) [8x Skitarii Vanguard, Vanguard Alpha]

Skitarii Vanguards (91pts) [8x Skitarii Vanguard, Vanguard Alpha]

+ Elites (185pts) +

Sicarian Infiltrators (185pts) [Flechette Blasters and Taser Goads, Infiltrator Princeps, 4x Sicarian Infiltrator]

+ Fast Attack (55pts) +

Sydonian Dragoons (55pts)
Sydonian Dragoon [Phosphor serpenta, Taser lance]

+ Heavy Support (95pts) +

Onager Dunecrawlers (95pts)
Onager Dunecrawler [Cognis heavy stubber, Eradication Beamer]

+ No Force Org Slot +

Show Forgeworld

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Cult Mechanicus: Codex (2015) v2000) (865pts) ++

+ Uncategorised +

Show Forgeworld

+ HQ (110pts) +

Tech-Priest Dominus (110pts) [Conversion field, Macrostubber, Volkite blaster]

+ Elites (90pts) +

Fulgurite Electro-Priests (90pts) [5x Fulgurite Electro-Priest]

+ Troops (345pts) +

Kataphron Destroyers (180pts)
Kataphron Destroyer [Cognis flamer, Heavy grav-cannon]

Kataphron Destroyers (165pts)
Kataphron Destroyer [Heavy grav-cannon, Phosphor blaster]

+ Heavy Support (320pts) +

Kastelan Robot Maniple (320pts)
Cybernetica Datasmith [Conversion field, Mask of the Alpha Dominus]
Kastelan Robot [Heavy phosphor blaster, Two power fists]
Kastelan Robot [Heavy phosphor blaster, Two power fists]
>>
>>50587954
I like you.
>>
>>50589191

Yea. That sucks.

My GW was in a big fuck off mall in Philly, so parking wasn't an issue. Size wasn't too bad, they had six tables iirc, the staff were all pretty cool dudes, though it was an hour away for us meaning we couldn't go to frequently. However, I don't remember it ever being busy, and we'd always go on Saturday, too.

That one moved to a literal hole in the wall that wasn't worth visiting.
>>
>>50589282
I used the epub thing for chrome and it worked fine. Try that.
>>
>>50589263
Epubs are sucky on my phone. :(
>>
>>50589340

Try using Kobo? They sucked on mine till I started with that.
>>
>>50589116
>Don't ever move to the city. There's nothing here for you.
Bless you sir, I live in central Kentucky woods if you're ever in the neighborhood swing by my cabin and we can play 40k.
>>
File: let it all burn.jpg (1MB, 939x974px)
let it all burn.jpg
1MB, 939x974px
World Eaters

++Chaos Warband++

x1 Chaos Lord, MoK, VotLW, Juggernaut of Khorne, Axe of Blind Fury. 170pts
x5 Chaos Terminators, MoK, VotLW, Combi-Meltas, Power Axes, 196pts
x10 Chaos Space Marines, MoK, VotLW, Close Combat Weapons, 2 Meltaguns, Power Axe and Melta Bombs on the Champion. 200pts
x10 Chaos Space Marines, MoK, VotLW, Close Combat Weapons, 2 Meltaguns, Power Axe and Melta Bombs on the Champion. 200pts
x1 Helbrute, 105pts
x10 Chaos Bikers, MoK, VotLW, 2 Meltaguns, Power Axe, Melta Bombs. 290 pts

++Favored of Chaos++

x1 Daemon Prince, Daemon of Khorne, Power Armor, Talisman of Burning Blood. 205pts
x10 Possessed, MoK, VotLW. 290pts
x5 Possessed, MoK, VotLW. 145pts
x5 Possessed, MoK, VotLW. 145pts

Total: 1946
>>
>>50589365
I asked this question about world eaters, so are rhinos not necessary for chaosmarines with the movement buffs? Cause fuck metal bawks
>>
This is an Onager Dunecrawler.

Say something nice about it!
>>
>>50589423
CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAB TANK!
>>
>>50589309
Sucks dude. Yeah, the problem with dc is there's actually NO flgs in the city other than a tiny one that does mtg. So the poor tiny store somewhat nearby gets flooded. I miss NC where I had an absolute buffet of store choices near me.
>>
>>50589291
Is this list built with Start Collecting + Battleforce + 1 box Vanguard + 1 box Kataphrons?
>>
>>50589423

It's not a CSM walker.
>>
>>50589423
Its great model dude. I think it's perfectly mechanicus.
>>
>>50589418
For normal CSM? Probably, if you want to grab any objectives. Though I'd just use Bikes and ToBB Possessed to cover for them.
>>
>>50589423
Your antennae look cute today, onager-chan
>>
>>50589423
Limit Breaker's worst nightmare.

Or greatest dream? I dunno with him. The crabs broke him. We are made of the crab. Undone by the crab. Fear the old crab.
>>
>>50589291
I would take one less transuranic arquebus, drop the electropriests completely, and take another dunecrawler.
>>
New player here, I wish to play purely harlequins, how viable would that be if I'm not planning on tournament play?
>>
>>50589423
yeah it looks pretty sweet
>>
File: 1478863802529.jpg (28KB, 508x504px)
1478863802529.jpg
28KB, 508x504px
lets all help me build a night lords list for 1k points :>
>>
New CSM player here, got a question about marks and icons.

Do I have to take the respective mark to take the icon? That is, if I want to take the Icon of Khorne, do I have to take the Mark of Khorne as a prerequisite?

If not, can I mix and match marks and icons? Mark of Khorne and Icon of Slaanesh? If I do, do both bonuses apply?
>>
Wow man I'm reading through thewarstore's catalog right now and that shit is so much less than I've been paying
>>
>>50589429

That's how I feel here, except there are LGSs. In fact, I have 2 roughly equidistant from my apartment. The problem is that MTG dominates the area something fierce, and the mtg people who drop $200-400 per month on magic say that 40k is "too expensive" to play. It's not even worth trying to push it on those people anyway because they won't put any effort into the hobby.

It's like I'm being taunted.
>>
>>50589450
Yea normal csm with mark of khorne, and yea didn't think about that I can just get more bikes.
>>
>>50589423
It sure isn't a morkanaut
>>
>>50589423

It's a nice model, very fitting with the Skitarii aesthetic, and very fitting for the AdMech to have a crab tank in their armories. It has some good weapons and options as well.

It's an overall good model with good rules from the very balanced and good release that was the Skitarii Codex.
>>
>>50589501

I am not posting my list for the 4th thread in a row.

Take a raptor talon and a Termie Annihilation Force. With upgrades, you'll be around 1000 points. However, you won't be able to deep strike them all, so maybe keep one of each on the table and make use of your T1 +1 cover.

If you don't want the Decurion, then take raptors, a Nurgle DP with Night Talons and combat familiar, flying sorcerer with Stormbolt Armor, Lord with rending claws, and some Havoks sitting in cover or something if you have points.
>>
>>50589423
"an animal of a race of the Asian wild ass native to northern Iran" Dunecrawler.
>wild ass Dunecrawler
>>
>>50589501

Do you want to bring Raptors y/n? Remember, Stealth on everything makes Nurgle DPs, bikes, or heavy weapons in forests/rooftops good too, you don't have to go the Raptor route. But if you do want to go Raptors, either use a CAD for Objective Secured or a Talon for airborne assault madness. Or both since Raptors are cheap.

Also remember you have unique artificer armor that further improves your cover saves, stick that on your Tzeentch or Nurgle DP if you want to be a douchebag.

>>50589515

You can't stack icons. You can always take an Icon of Vengeance, but there's often better ways to get Fearless. If your unit is favored by Khorne you can't take Slaanesh's Icon of Excess, that's pretty much heresy even by Chaos standards.
>>
>>50589263
not him but fresh rules? ive looked over both megas in the OP and only deathwatch thing i saw was background stuff which i assume are the story books. am i just blind or dumb?
>>
>>50589531

As someone who has some modern stuff and some EDHs, I can inform you that MtG has a cancerous playerbase. However, it makes lots of money for your FLGS that allows them to stay open and providing warhammer tables.

Magic is more expensive than 40k in the long run, though it's cheaper to get into, and doesn't require additional hobby time to get your army painted.
>>
>>50589618
>2+ rerolling jink saves on Tzeentch DP

Neat
>>
>>50589137
Since the store is allowing you to play on their tables then maybe you should . . . buy from the store.

I'm not trying to give you shit or be some collectivist moralfag, man's gotta save money. BUT I do buy from the FLGS I play at when I can (i.e. they have exactly what I need when I want it), so I guess it depends on how badly you need to save money. teebeeaych tho, if you can't spend an extra $10 on a box of plastic dudes then maybe buying 40k models is a poor financial choice in the first place.

I guess this post can be a sort of poll for /tg/: what is your policy on supporting your FLGS? Do you always buy from there? Only when it's convenient? Fuck them and only buy online? Like I said for me, I buy there when they have what I want. If I need something that would be absurd MSRP like a shitload of cultists then I tend to do ebay plus the store doesn't usually have blobs of infantry on the shelf anyway.
>>
>>50589600
>Nurgle DP

But a Tzeench DP with Stormbolt armour gets a 2+ re-rollable armour followed by a 2+ re-rollable jink
>>
>>50589662

Oh, I've been playing EDH since the first precons, so I know how cancerous the player base is. I had to step away for a bit because of it. EDH especially.
>>
>>50589515
>Do I have to take the respective mark to take the icon?

Yes, I forget what page but this is explained in the back of the codex with the other wargear. You can only have one icon per squad, and all of them are god-specific except Vengeance. Icons really aren't that great though, buying marks + icons makes your squad like another 50% more expensive. Vengeance is a waste of points because at that point you're most of the way toward the points cost of fearless cult troops anyway. And the new Traitor Legions supplement has much better ways to get fearless.
>>
>>50589703

Stealth as a legion tactic is huge imho. Night Lords don't risk becoming a monobuild legion as much as Black Legion, Thousand Sons, or Word Bearers.
>>
>>50589744

Icons give +1 to combat resolution. But even then you're paying at least 15 points even for the really crappy ones that give Fear or Soul Blaze.
>>
>>50589749
>Stealth as a legion tactic is huge imho.

Yeah I'm starting to see that too. When I first saw it I was wishing it was Shroud, and that instead we just got a poor man's Skilled Rider, and I wish I played Death Guard instead. But I'm starting to see Stealth's potential.
>>
>>50589749
>T-Son here
Just
KILL
Me

God I wish invuls worked like ward saves, might actually mean something on infantry
>>
File: creepio.png (253KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
creepio.png
253KB, 540x540px
Okay, Thousand Sons might suck rules-wise but their models are pretty on point. The rubric marines are pretty much as good as expected, though I'm surprised how much I'm looking forward to painting the aspiring sorcerer. Fucking LOVE the new terminators, and Tzaangors are awesome just to finally have beastmen in 40k, as well as something that I can add to my unintentionally-collected AoS daemon army.

I'm an especially big fan of the Exalted Sorcerer kit just because of how much variety is in there. At first I was annoyed that I'd have to buy three dudes when I'll probably only use one, but actually having three different models that I can build different ways is really fucking handy instead of 30$ for monopose 'Exalted Sorcerer' or 'Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch'. Plus there's tons of cool mutation options, like bird feet, a third hand, a giant bird face, etc. At least I can use them as counts-as regular sorcerers so I can have on 1K Sons model that's not horrifically overpriced. Might even do the same thing with the Rubrics as generic CSM.

I just wish fielding any of these units besides the Terminators didn't make the competitive side of me cringe.
>>
>>50589734

True, but one of the WL traits let's you reroll cover saves, and not having a 2+ armor makes you far less vulnerable to Grav.

Plus, I like the Talons because the extra attacks are still AP2, so I can't take the armor. Also, the new Nurgle psyker table has better options than Tzeentch like restoring wounds.
>>
>>50589825
>Lord of magic
>out magic'd by a pile of puss

J-just as planned r-right?
>>
File: 130221984383.png (84KB, 299x288px)
130221984383.png
84KB, 299x288px
>>50589795
>New TS Terminators
>cast Endurance
>get 2+/3++
>Reroll 1's
>roll for armour
>roll for Invul
>roll for FnP
>>
>>50589711
I play at the GW down the road and they definitely get my money when I can afford it, but if buying a start collecting box online means I can afford another box to build off it, then I'm going to do that for now.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 2000pts.jpg (136KB, 900x876px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 2000pts.jpg
136KB, 900x876px
>>50589810
>Implying this isnt the only ''''''TS'''''' list worth running
>>
>>50589825
Are they limited relics to one per model? I don't think they've said so yet.

I really hope not.
>>
>>50589734

So what are the top Memein' Princes?

>Night Lords
2+ rerollable tzeentch, also gets a 2+ rerollable jink save if he needs it

>Word Bearers
4++ Tzeentch, summons daemon buddies every turn on a re-rollable 3+, who can grimoire him for 2++ re-rollable

>Iron Warriors
2+ rerollable(Tzeentch), IWND

>Thousand Sons
take a guess
>>
>>50589851
>Need 9 squads of Scarabs to get reroll 1s
>2250 pts + Sorcerer.
Is very good, no?
>>
>>50589876
>Thousand Sons
Magnus?
>>
>>50589439
more or less, good eye. I figured with xmas around the corner id snag one of the boxed sets and get the other for myself since they are all good value.

Plus the kataphrons and vanguard seem too good to passs up, although to be fair i am using 1d4chan as a reference so idk how right the article is.

>>50589465
Thats not cheesey? I thought bringing lots of nasty shooty guys on survivable frames is frowned upon, plus the electro priests seem so good
>>
File: gw-99550102065.jpg (53KB, 558x558px) Image search: [Google]
gw-99550102065.jpg
53KB, 558x558px
>>50589876
And I though the Winged Nurgle was terrifying
>>
File: IMG_3208.jpg (99KB, 600x620px)
IMG_3208.jpg
99KB, 600x620px
Anons, I need a name for my Dark Angels Deathwing Company Champion. Taking part in a local thing where we write a story about a character in our army, top 5 get $20 in store credit, I thoght I'd try my hand at it.
>>
>>50589872

By the 40k rule book, yes they are limited to one.

>>50589844
>Tzeentch has power 1+d6 ap- small blast Primaris
>nurgle has assault 1+d6 AP5 4+ poison nova Primaris
>>
>>50589903

No, vanilla DP w/ jump book so you don't have to pay for wings :^)
>>
>>50589934
Captain Needs-to-Shit-Really-Bad but Lives-in-India
>>
File: MerryHarvest.jpg (141KB, 844x403px) Image search: [Google]
MerryHarvest.jpg
141KB, 844x403px
>>50589854
Not enough slow-moving, undead Egyptian automatons for my tastes, sadly.

I'll have an ally CAD of Kairos + 20 Pink Horrors, but that's all I have of Tzeentch Daemons for now plus I try to stay casual so I only use CADs unless the person I'm playing against is using formations for Eldar/Tau/Astartes/Necrons.. I'd love to combo an Exalted Sorcerer on a disc with a unit of six or so screamers, since the E Sorcerer is actually pretty good in melee, but the daemon rule doesn't let you do it.
>>
>>50589959
But then he can go anywhere!
>>
File: 1472169074042.jpg (113KB, 1080x540px) Image search: [Google]
1472169074042.jpg
113KB, 1080x540px
>>50589917
The problem with Electros is delivery. They have to march across the board into close range. They rape in close range, but will die before they get there unless your enemy is a fool.

Honestly you should consider 3 Onagers. They get a 4++ invuln save when deployed in a group of 3 which makes them super tanky.
>>
>>50589979
Wow, just sunk in that WoM still prevents T-Son and Tzn Demons hanging out, even though they're both in this massive fucking invasion

Meanwhile Khorn Dogs and blood maniacs on bikes are best fucking bros
>>
>>50589930

Oh, he got better too, anon. If he's a Death Guard(tm) Daemon Prince, he gets Feel No Pain for free!
>>
>>50589934
You want to take your hand at it and can't even find a fucking name ?

Anyway..
>Brother Urbanus
>Brother Pius
>Brother Adeodatus
>Brother Constantine
>Brother Pelagius
>Brother Severus
>Brother Hormisdas

those are roman name that are somewhat less known than the one you'll find in every other shitty fanfic
>>
>>50589979
I just memeing because I've been trying to make a list that isnt shit and gave up and made one I wouldnt play against lol.
>>
>>50589934
>Tabbris, the Angel of Self Determination
>Zadkiel, the Angel of Prayer
>Manakel, the Angel of Peace

Look up angel names or something.
>>
>>50589749

>want to play NL because I love jump units
>might be called cheese because of stealth
>just Bane me now
>>
>>50590051
Don't worry, the Codex still sucks. If anything now's the time to jump on the bandwagon before we get a new Chaos Codex and the Legions buff that.
>>
>>50590051
>CSM
>Chesse

Just kys already. Or play a low tier faction like Tau or Eldar or GSC since CSM are so OP...
>>
>>50590051

Don't worry, Your still playing CSM so you should be fine.
>>
>>50590028
>Adeodatus
Best said in a saucy German accent
>>
>>50590073
how would it sound with a german accent ?
>>
>>50590028
I think the Dark Angels name theme is Hebrew names, not Latin names.
>>
>>50590099
Brother Shekelstein
>>
File: it stinks.gif (625KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
it stinks.gif
625KB, 240x180px
>>50590029
Nah, I feel ya. It sucks there's no internal balance for Thousand Sons. Pink Horrors and screamerstar daemons are fucking OP as shit, Magnus is pretty okay but I don't think he'll win back his points unless he has a bunch of pink horrors acting as batteries because a dedicated TSons list just doesn't generate enough warp charges to keep their blessings up and let Magnus do his ridiculous shooting witchfires (and if he's not doing his ridiculous shooting witchfires, what's the fucking point?). The old adage of 'You can make a good CSM list, it just won't have any CSM in it' is more true than ever with Thousand Sons.

I just hate comparing them to my other space Egypt husbandos, because the Necron codex is probably the best example of internal balance in 40k right now. Everything is usable enough that you can just throw whatever models you like on the table and never have to worry about whether the list is too OP or too weak (unless you go crazy with wraiths), whereas you really have to work to make a Thousand Sons list that is fluffy and /aesthetic/ but stil playable.
>>
>>50590069

I was planning on CSM anyway with the HH boxes, but then WoM sucked for Thousand Sons. After they announced the Legions book, and I remembered the space batmans existed. Now, I'll have an army usable in both 40k AND 30k.

>>50590072
That's, yea...
>>
>>50589934
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_theological_demons
Here, pick out something from Jewish mythology, it's where most other DA names come from. You can even find Belial and Sammael on that list.
>>
>>50589901
Bug design mistake imho. I know they are trying to give formation bonuses for taking gods # of units, but having to take 9 squads of terminators is just dumb
>>
>>50586710
Why would Kabalite Warriors need a rework? Plastic Incubi would be pretty cool, especially if it means I can mount them on Raiders like with the newer Wrack kit.

Also, Grotesque kit would be nice.
>>
>>50590089
https://youtu.be/0J4_r0ds138?t=13m20s

Like this
>>
>>50586710
Plastic Cubi would be cool, but they need grenades
And all DE models should get the Corasir special rule

Oh and better, and army wide, Combat Drugs
>>
>>50590167
Skip to 13:24 to hear the name
>>
>>50586710
>Plastic Incubi
Ohhhhhh my dick, source on rumor?

>>50590156
I want a Grot kit, too. But for now I'll buy 2 boxes of Crypt Flayers and use my Cronos/Talos bits.

>>50590173
>tfw EC have better drugs now
>>
>>50590173
A bring back our fucking noblemen! I miss Sathonyx, Malys, Vect, and our beloved Duke.

God I miss the Duke so much.
>>
>>50590204
Muh fellow Kabalite
Let us mourn him He lives by proxy in the Corsair dex
>>
File: nigggaaa.png (1MB, 798x923px) Image search: [Google]
nigggaaa.png
1MB, 798x923px
>>50586892
>>
>>50586710

Eldar need to be able to fully function no matter how far they move. What's more Deldar that shooting bitches with poison and then turbo boosting away in a 360 tailspin dodging your shots?
>>
>>50590114
It hurts because Ahriman is the reason I like and play TS and hes still shit. I cannot fathom why the only change he got was a disk and why he doesnt have a spell familiar. Two gorgeous models and no reason to ever run him.

His new formation is 950 points if you put the points into it, 830 with no disks. And in the end all you get is 4 guys who dont have enough warp charges to ever get their points back. I guess the designers thought siphon magic makes up for this but truely I'm not sold on it.

I'm sick of running/suiciding two units of rubrics and Ahriman whilst my demon '''''''allies''''''' do everything else.
>>
>>50590204
>No models, No rules

I understand their reasoning for that shift in direction, but I hate that they gutted a codex to do it.
>>
>>50590259
>tfw I play 2 armies that got gutted with "no model no rules"
GK and DE.
>>
>>50590223
If they bring him back, I hope his buff can be applied to one squad without joining him. Forcing him to squat with a bunch of shooty guys seemed like a waste for him.

I loved shoving him in a Raider with 10 Shardcarbine-trueborn with splinter racks. 16 wounds a turn was fun, it was like shoving glass into a blender and aiming it at someone.
>>
>>50586736
Can someone elaborate this? How is he the last?
>>
>>50590194
Yeah it's pretty offensive desu

>>50590279
I wouldn't even mind if he allowed you to take Corsair Reavers as Elites, along with his usual army buffs
>>
>>50589934
What about one from the early style Knights of the Round table names?

Like Galehaut instead of Galahad. It'd be a noticeable change from the jewish style names, but still fit, in my opinion.
>>
>>50590259
It hurts whenever I see parts of the game get changed because I know the reason is for stupid legal shit. The stupid trademarkable names in AoS and 40k codexes, removing models because they'd rather not have 3rd party make models for stuff they wont themselves (how the fuck do you lose profits on something you aren't even selling. Seriously, they could've avoided the Chapterhouse debacle if they had at least shown some concept art probably.)

But yeah, I'm still livid they removed all of our aristocrats. Especially Vect. You don't treat an iconic "faction leader" like that.
>>
>>50590335
>The stupid trademarkable names in AoS and 40k codexes
Fucking hell this. It's such a goddamned childish move on their part to rename the fucking elves to Aelfs and Orcs to Orruk. Like, fucking seriously? They're THIS asspained about trademarks that they'd slap a goddamned extra letter into the name to do it?
>>
>>50589959
Kek.

>>50590028
Nah, I have been thinking about names, it's just that a good amount of them were already taken by characters in canon. I'm thinking about looking at non-standard names like medieval knights or Arthurian stuff.

>>50590046
Interesting, but they just don't click.

>>50590112
That's a good one.

>>50590135
Could do this.

>>50590329
I like this idea, I have a couple in mind.
>>
>>50590335

As I understand it, chapter house happened because they had concept/promotional art (of the nid drop pods but no models), So chapterhouse made the models first. Now GW can't use those designs because Britbong IP laws are wierd (granted all IP laws are wierd so...)
>>
>>50590363
What annoys me is that odds are they wont change it back, even as GW is starting to lean back towards being more reasonable now.
>>
>>50590375
Huh, I didn't know that bit about GW actually having art. So did Chapterhouse steal the design in that sense? Where can I read more about the specific details about the case?
>>
>>50590374
I like the Arthurian knight names, anyone else agree? I could see something like Luke or Lucan. Maybe some 40k-ized version like Lukan or Lukane.
>>
>>50590393
I got curious myself.
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/ChapterHouse_Studios

>>50590432
What about Lucaano?
>>
>>50590335
>how the fuck do you lose profits on something you aren't even selling\

even the 14yo you are can figure this.
You want to put 500 usd into your army. Codex have those ultra sweet tyranids drop pods/slayers/whatever. They are a legit competitive choice that add something to the army : 125-200 usd go into 3rd party models, and the rest to GW.

Now if you suppress those things, GW got 500 usd.
>>
>>50590441
>Lucaano
literal pokemon name
>>
Okay, I'm confused by one of the Thousand Sons rules.

>Psykers can choose to generate all of their powers on the Discipline of Tzeentch.

I don't get this. Couldn't they already do that if they had a MoT?
>>
>>50586199
Unusable epubs doesn't have CSM codex, someone help?
>>
>>50590374
If you want hebrew names, why not Jared or some variation?

Go on, name your Champion after me.

>>50590466
That's Lucario.
>>
>>50590472
Could only be half prior to the new rule
>>
>>50590472
No. It used to state at least one and up too half I believe.
>>
>>50590443
That's assuming those 125-200 usd meant for those would go to ultra-sweet nid drop pod/slayers/whatevers GW, despite them not having said ultra-sweet nid drop pod/slayers/whatevers. You can't buy something from them they don't have.
>>
>>50590432
>>50590441
Those do sound good, anons.

>>50590466
Kek.

>>50590489
Weird, we have the same name.

I better get going to sleep right now anyways, got to spend the week at a family christmas party across the country.

I hate the family christmas party.
>>
>>50590543
Before I go, I don't think the name Zachariah is used by any character, probably someone with a similar name.

What about Valthus? Doesn't sound too jewish, but it does sound goid to me.

Hmmm...
>>
>>50590534

Look dummy, this concept isn't difficult. If you're a company, you don't want your customers spending money on your competitors that they could have potentially spent on you. Just because GW doesn't sell a model that Chapterhouse does doesn't mean "Oh okay sure spend your money on Chapterhouse I don't care". Them buying SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT from GW is always an option.
>>
>>50590534
>>50590567

You know they replaced it with the Tyrannocyte, right? They made a new legally distinct model that they themselves own the IP for and produce the model for exclusively.

Of course, GW has to operate under UK IP laws, which loosely translate to "use it or lose it" with regards to IP, so they have to be rabid about defending it or they're in legal trouble.
>>
im trying to justify an assault squad without jump packs for a battle company list. free transports are kewl but it is worth saving 35 points when you can just run some speeders or something?
>>
>>50590564
>>50590543
Wait! I've got it!

But I'm not telling.

Here's a hint, he's from one of H.P. lovecraft's works.

G'night anons.
>>
>>50590653

If the assault squad isn't going in a free transport, you would have been better off with bikes.
>>
>>50587223
This design should become the new model for new imperial guard models, current cadians already look almost as bad as khorne berserkers or the orkz buggy
>>
hello friends, havent played since 4th and getting back into the swing of things,i dont have the rulebooks just few epubs so could a anon help a guy out? if i have a CAD , can i take as many allied detachments as i want as long as i follow the allied detachment organiszation chart to fill out points, or can i only take 1 allied detachment?
if i can take multiple allied detachments can they be the same army? i know i cant take a space marine cad, and a space marine ally, but could i take a space marine cad, and say 3 imperial guard allied detachments?
>>
>>50586654
I thought they were alright in 5th, with Nob Biker lists everywhere?

Because you could do wound-shenanigans back then.
>>
>>50590672
okay so they get a free transport , now what? would they be better in a drop pod or metal box? evicerators seem a little expensive to me
>>
hey does anyone have good advice for a thousand sons 1k points list?
>>
>>50590716
all the rule books are in the OP
>>
>>50590752
aces, thanks friend
>>
>>50590748

Fluffy Thousand Sons? or Win games Thousand Sons?

The former is easy, the latter not so much.
>>
>>50590518
>>50590522
thanks, for some reason despite there being three different spots where they establish that marks let you roll at least one, only one of those pages mentions the 'and up to half' part.
>>
>>50590797
> the latter
Magnus + sorcerers.
>>
>>50589291
So this was my speech list, clocking in at 428.37 usd after tax. This so the tau list I've assembled, how does this look? It's cheaper at 370.60 usd, which is nice

+++ 23 (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2004) (1498pts) +++

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2001) (1141pts) ++

+ HQ (110pts) +

Cadre Fireblade (60pts)

Ethereal (50pts)

+ Elites (569pts) +

XV104 Riptide Battlesuits (275pts) [2x MV84 Shielded Missile Drone]
Riptide Shas'vre [Early Warning Override, Ion Accelerator, Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits (124pts) [2x MV1 Gun Drone, Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon, Stealth Shas'ui with Burst Cannon]
Stealth Shas'vre [Burst Cannon]

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuits (170pts)
Ghostkeel Shas'vre [Cyclic Ion Raker, Early Warning Override, Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked Flamer]

+ Troops (90pts) +

Strike Team (45pts) [5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]

Strike Team (45pts) [5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]

+ Fast Attack (307pts) +

Pathfinder Team (214pts) [2x MV1 Gun Drone, MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone, 2x Pathfinder]
Pathfinder Shas'ui [Pulse Carbine with Markerlight]
2x Pathfinder with Rail Rifle [2x Rail Rifle]
TY7 Devilfish [2x MV1 Gun Drone]

Pathfinder Team (93pts) [MB3 Recon Drone, 4x Pathfinder]
Pathfinder Shas'ui [Pulse Carbine with Markerlight]

+ Heavy Support (65pts) +

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits (65pts)
Broadside [Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]

++ Allied Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2001) (357pts)

Uncategorised

Farsight Enclaves

HQ (145pts)

Commander (145pts)
XV8 Commander Crisis Suit [Command and Control Node, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit]

Troops (212pts)

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (212pts) [Bonding Knife Ritual]
Crisis Shas'ui [Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle]
>>
>>50590827
>Sorcerers
>Horrors
FIFY
>>
>>50590831
Admech not speech, stupid mobile posting
>>
>>50590859

>>50590859

>>50590859
>>
>>50590748
Keep Rubric marine squads small. I'm planning on running mine in squads of nine with two flamers and a rhino, which is fun but not really effective, especially 1,000 points.

Maybe consider a Tzaangor mob with a E Sorcerer to lead them and buff them. An Astral Grimoire might be a fun substitute for transports in a small game, but I haven't tried it out.

Use regular sorcerers instead of exalted to save points unless you're planning to get them into melee.

Terminators are probably the most cost-efficient dedicated Thousand Sons models, but they're still probably to expensive for 1,000 points. Still, one unit wouldn't be terrible (take missiles and flamer).

Allying daemons is the best thing to do as far as actually winning goes. A couple pink horror units to sit on objectives and generate warp charges at the very least. Though if you wanted to win, you'd play nothing but daemons.
>>
>>50587316
Just take the Hellblades in a Flyer Wing formation, I think the minimum is 2.
>>
File: sarcophagus.jpg (19KB, 181x279px)
sarcophagus.jpg
19KB, 181x279px
>>50586582
Doubt Sanguinius is coming back. I'd be good with it considering the newly discovered power of the Emperor to bring back dead people. Its as simple as the living primarchs bring back big E, then he starts bringing back other important people. I'm sure someone has already told you brother, we can't have nice things. As sons of Sanguinius, we were born to suffer.
>>
>>50590363
The really stupid thing is that renaming them doesn't make it harder for people to use 3Rd party models
>>
>>50588657
>Varanguard

Those models are indeed sick but you do know they are MASSIVE right?

https://ttgamingdiary.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/img_3360.jpg?w=780
Thread posts: 418
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.