[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone played this? Is it any good? I'm looking for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 92647.jpg (379KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
92647.jpg
379KB, 585x900px
Has anyone played this? Is it any good?

I'm looking for games where you play as a cat.
>>
>>50580137
Haven't gotten the chance to play it, but I'm obsessed with gathering games in which you play as a cat, so I can give at least some opinions in that group of games. It's probably one of the better choices, especially for one-shots, since it lacks a lot of the usual Wickisms and sits in a nice spot where it's simple enough to play and you can get a reasonable amount of variety in characters.

Another 2 options in the cat-based game market:
>Fate: the Secrets of Cats
If you don't like Fate, don't bother, but it's a good example of light changes on the core making the system better for its options and has some good random generation tables.
>Call of Catthulhu
I've described this as "the lightest a game can be while still being an RPG" in the past and I stand by it. Despite the name, not really locked to a standard Lovecraftian setting.
>>
File: calico kitten 5.jpg (10KB, 214x319px) Image search: [Google]
calico kitten 5.jpg
10KB, 214x319px
>>50580498
Thanks man, that's really helpful.

I'd heard of the FATE supplement but according to reviews, this was the better game.

I'm not familiar with FATE and I'm just looking for a fun rules lite game. I'd rather not have to learn a whole new set of complex rules etc...

I haven't heard of Catthulhu. I'll check that out promptly.
>>
>>50580577
If you look for Call of Catthulhu, make sure you're not actually getting Cathulhu, the Call of Cthulhu 6e expansion.

I know way too much about cat RPGs.
>>
The Black Cat is a hack of The Black Hack.
>>
>>50580616
This is the one you're talking about right?

http://www.catthulhu.com/the-game/

Looks pretty good. I like the aesthetic.
>>
>>50580137
I know this is a joke/bait thread, but I'd honestly love an RPG where you play as a cat. Fight evil, catch lunch, shit on lawns, maul children, etc.
>>
>>50580137
>I'm looking for games where you play as a cat.
teenage mutant ninja turtles RPG
>>
>>50580826
>Joke/bait thread

Nigga what are you on about? There's MULTIPLE different rpgs whose whole idea is "you are cats, there are evil monsters threatening humanity. You need to solve this shit."

Like, more than three.
>>
>>50580822
That's the one. Here's a link to the PDFs so you can check it out.
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/gfx6h9h60tb1w/Call_of_Catthulhu

There's also >>50580799, but I haven't read it so I can't vouch for quality.
>>
>>50580826
This isn't a joke or a bait thread.

If I wanted to bait /tg/ I'd just make another 3.PF caster supremacy thread.

I just like the idea of playing as a cat for a change of pace.

>>50580875
Much appreciated dude.
>>
There's also The Cat Hack, which is a feline-based take on The Black Hack. It's like two bucks on DTRPG.
>>
File: 4006_Cats.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
4006_Cats.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50580137
>>50580498
... really. Hell. I never knew cat rpgs were so popular. I know of another one, and I thought it was unique until I read this thread.

The rpg in question is Cats! (La Mascarade), a french game where cats secretely rule the world and have to maintain, well, the masquerade. I don't think it's ever been translated in english, though.
>>
>>50580137
I want to play a game about cats...where you shoot as many of the fuckers as you can.
>>
>>50581150
That's a pretty grimdark setting.
>>
>>50581307
Humans were created by cats as simian servants. It just that it worked a bit too well and they expanded a lot.
The tone of the game is pretty humouristic, though.
>>
>>50583206
Whoops, meant to reply to
>>50582735
>>
>>50583206
It does remind me of Planet of the Apes.
French authors really don't like upllft, do they?
>>
File: Cat_Revised.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Cat_Revised.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50580137
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.