[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Orks should get squatted and Necrons would take their place as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 600px-Necrons.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Necrons.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
Orks should get squatted and Necrons would take their place as default xeno villains instead. Let's compare them

>the biggest Ork Ghazgkull still got his shit pushed in
>the army is nothing more than a piece of shit cannon fodder
>even IG can reliably take on them
>garbage weaponry

vs Necrons

>people are scared shitless of them
>they can cleanse entire planet from life
>best guns in the galaxy, Taufags on suicide watch
>can shit on IG

considering this setting tries so hard to be grimdark it's only fitting their main enemy would be menacing. The only downside of Necrons is that they don't have memorable characters in fact I can't name any necron lord and newcrons are just fucking garbage so don't even dare to mention them.
>>
>>50577880
If the Necrons are the new common badguys, they'd lose all the time too.
>>
>>50577924
/thread
>>
>>50577880
Orcs are an endless wave of meat. Necrons are the dreadlords. How do you expectthe absurdly strong few tk be the most common enemy
>>
>>50577880
You don't understand.

40k is about the hopelessness of it all, but it's also about HFY in a malevolent universe.

Orks exist for two reasons, the first is comedy relief, the second is so that humans can win against an enemy and still not really win thereby fulfilling the requirements of all 40k lore that no battle result in the tides being turned and that absolute victory and absolute defeat are impossible for both sides. Humans can win the battle against orks, but they can't eradicate them or hold them back indefinitely.

Necrons exist as commentary on the fear of unrestrained technological progress. They aren't there to lose, they are explicitly there to kick humanity's ass and prove their superiority to squishy flesh bags like ourselves. Every victory against them must be hard earned and every loss terrifying. If they replaced orks then they'd also have to start losing more frequently so that humans don't end up in an all out retreat situation.

Tyranids could replace orks, but they're not as funny.
>>
>>50577880
>newcrons are just fucking garbage so don't even dare to mention them.

lmao plebbit alert.
>>
>>50577880

But people like Orks and keep buying their models.
>>
>>50579405
Lmao no.
>>
The baitest thread
>>
>>50577880

No. Necrons/orks/nids should be terrain hazards or special battle conditions, not armies. Or maybe support choices for a select few armies. But they shouldn't be their own forces.
>>
>>50577880
Lol not squatting Necrons. Xenos has a whole should be squatted, they add nothing to the setting other than dying. Just relegate them to background fluff blurbs in Marine books about how many billions the Marines killed in this or that battle where they belong.

I mean its pretty much all they do already.
>>
>>50580665
>>50579730
Okay I get this is bait but where did this start?
>>
>>50577880
>>the army is nothing more than a piece of shit cannon fodder
>>even IG can reliably take on them

You know, aside from all those planets constantly being destroyed by orks as they meander across the galaxy in a thousand thousand packs, murdering everything for the fun of it and sowing planets with spores to ensure that 300 years from now settlements will still be overrun by 8-foot-tall murderers.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.