[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/: Star Wars General: MORE GUNS edition.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 83

File: moomo Williwaw.jpg (748KB, 2048x1574px) Image search: [Google]
moomo Williwaw.jpg
748KB, 2048x1574px
Previous Thread: >>50537441

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
File: Rifles3.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rifles3.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I fucking love KotOR rifles.
>>
I fucking love the Moomo Williwaw.
>>
So, interestingly the Planet of the Mists WEG splat has villain perspective cut-aways for cinematic flare. Which is pretty cool though I can't decide if it's too meta or not.
>>
>>50557490
The Moomo brothers were possibly the best thing in the KotOR era.
>>
>>50557321
Repeating question from previous thread, exactly how deadly are force-users (Sith/Jedi/etc) in the FFG tabletops?
>>
>>50557321

More things need to be called the Orphanmaker.
>>
>>50557491
Guy who hosted the .pdf on his Google Drive here, did that work for you?

Incidentally, I run a weekly D6 game and have periodic villain cutaways/vignettes that I use to ratchet up the tension or explain what's happening behind the scenes.

It's a good way to get the players familiar with all the moving pieces and power players.

Exposition can be important. Just like the movies, I prefer to tell the "viewers" that there's a bounty hunter dispatched to take them down before one ever appears in-game. It creates a sense of foreboding and has them second-guessing everyone.

Plus, there's no confusion when a thermal detonator lands at their feet.

I've been rather successful at it, but I'm a good writer. I sometimes hand them out in advance, to keep the players wondering all week.

You should try it.
>>
>>50557321
So, Question from the last thread-

How viable are Three-Striker lists?

Is the best way to use a Striker Trio 3x Black Squadron with Crack at 60 points?
>>
>>50557335
>no stock

that shit really needs to stop
>>
>>50557637
Worked perfectly. Also there is a really good image of the Bakura Prefab Garrison base in the Truce at Bakura source book. I would upload it, but mobile data limits.
>>
>>50557506
I'm partial to Czerka Corporation, Taris, ancient Sith lore, Kreia, Revan's twist, mass shadow generators, HK-47, Demagol, the baggage-stealing droids on Telos, and Elbee refusing all before the Moomo Brothers, but they're a close 11th.
>>
>>50557675
That is the one flaw. I tend to imagine a very small extendable stock like the one on the death trooper rifles.
>>
>>50557604
If you let someone stack move and then give them heavy shit to throw they can kill very quickly, but otherwise force users are generally LESS killy than a gunman with equal XP
>>
File: Builds.png (2MB, 1922x987px) Image search: [Google]
Builds.png
2MB, 1922x987px
Doing an LGS X-Wing tournament this Sunday. I'm considering these two builds and am open to critiques and revisions. The one on the right is untested, but has a solid concept of Wes Janson shooting first, stripping tokens, and letting Tycho get his Opportunist on while Red Ace tanks by getting evade tokens pretty much no matter what.

The one on the left was tested against a pretty skilled opponent. I ended up winning by the grace of his entire squad being Attanni Mindlinked. I just kept tractor beaming him into debris fields which would stress all three of his ships. At a point, I think he might have been getting more stressed than his pilots.

Thoughts?
>>
>>50557715

Isn't that just because Autofire is broken? Lightsabers are super strong and several other force powers give you huge advantages over normies.
>>
>>50557913
>>50557913
>Isn't that just because Autofire is broken?
pretty much. force users pull away when XP totals get really high, but in most campaigns they aren't that bad
>several other force powers give you huge advantages over normies.
true, but to get to the point of using those powers consistently and effectively requires a TON of XP
>>
File: shwetank_shukla_04.jpg (330KB, 1800x950px) Image search: [Google]
shwetank_shukla_04.jpg
330KB, 1800x950px
>>50557604
Depends on which career they take.
Generally though if you want big body counts the Hired Gun's tend to do most of the murdering (Last one standing- signature ability) as that's pretty much all they do. Course if someone does get into range of a homicidal, laser bat swinging space wizard, they're gunna get their shit all fucked up. Force abilities are 'good', but they're also quite large xp sinks, so its a bit of a trade off and balancing act between those and other skills/talents.
So while you might hear the odd horror story of someone that just does 'Move Object' and throws freighters at people, its pretty unlikely to develop in any organic game over time as they'll quickly learn that having one party trick doesn't help them survive very long against a galactic empire with ALL the party tricks + being shot repeatedly.
>>
>>50557981

Also, speaking from experience of actually having a PC bench press a JumpMaster with his mind - you quickly run into complex issues of what you do after you've picked up the bloody thing.

Yes, you are now holding onto a SIL 4 spaceship and keeping it at about Short range. That's kind of your thing while some auto turrets shoot at you, and the rest of the party is holding down the fort in the sky waiting to see if you do the thing you didn't tell them you were gonna do because we're not using the "J" word. What do you do next, chief?

(He used leap to jump onto the back and then held on for dear life while it tried to fly into space, only for the Smuggler to shoot it down in an airspeeder and create an amazing scene as it crashed into a jungle)
>>
Hey, if you take a talent that lets your Lightsaber checks operate off a stat other than Br, is your max ranks in the skill still bound by Br? Obviously thats something a GM can house rule, but I'm curious because if the Raw rules say no that seems like an obvious oversight.
>>
>>50558119

Max ranks in a skill is never bound by the attribute. You take the higher of which as green dice, and upgrade it to yellow by the lowest.
>>
>>50558127

Ah, that makes much more sense. I should tell my GM his buddies taught him the rules wrong.
>>
>>50557321
I still need to download the paperbacks for the KOTOR comic. I think I only read the first 3 volumes. How much longer is it?
>>
>>50557913
>Isn't that just because Autofire is broken? Lightsabers are super strong and several other force powers give you huge advantages over normies.

Autofire may be brutal, but a well built gunfighter can often go toe to toe with a force user without it and is generally more useful in a variety of tactical situations. Force power use is often constrained by the narrative too, you don't want to attract the wrong attention after all. In the end I think it's better to leave it to the shooty people to be the combat monsters while the space wizards use their power to do the kind of shit other people simply can't. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to fight, but a jedi that can only swing a laser stick super good is less useful than a jedi that can swing a laser stick adequately and also brings other abilities to the table.
>>
File: shwetank_shukla_09.jpg (282KB, 1800x723px) Image search: [Google]
shwetank_shukla_09.jpg
282KB, 1800x723px
>>50558072
Quite fond of the Foresee and Enhance powers anyway, have a lot more effectiveness and utility for characters.
They're a lot more practical use without always being grossly obvious and players don't feel the need to pout if they can't find something huge to throw at someone.

Course, if they go full mad "Jedi menace to society" in the Empire era, they've also found that laser bat wielding psycho's throwing shit around, also gets a commensurate reaction from the Imperials... yeah we're sort of sorry about that proton artillery bombardment, but you know. There was a jedi confirmed in the area and it had to be done
>>
How useful is Enhance's "force jump as manuever?" power up? It seems really awesome to have so much mobility, but I'm wondering if it just seems that way on paper. Especially since I'm an Ataru Striker so I already have Hawkbat and Saber Throw to look forward to.
>>
>>50558229

I mean, you have different options, but remember that's any location horizontal or vertical and all you need is a force pip. Chasm? Catwalks? Pit full of Rancors? Land not in a pit full of Rancors?

All are mechanically possible under Force Leap - no need to worry.
>>
File: TallonRoll-FFGTCG.jpg (390KB, 1500x1128px) Image search: [Google]
TallonRoll-FFGTCG.jpg
390KB, 1500x1128px
>>50557787
List 1: Lose the clusters on Maarek to give the Inquisitor his proper 31 point loadout.

Lose the Advanced sensors and give Backdraft VI and FCS.

Give Maarek VI as well, and if you have the points left over consider an ion instead, but TB is good too.

List 2: Swap R2-D2 over to Red Ace, give Wes Janson stressbot instead.

Get rid of Tycho entirely and replace him with Keyan Farlander with Opportunist, if you want to go that route.

I've run that combo some, and it's not bad but it tends to fall to pieces in the mid game.
>>
>>50557694
Czerka and mass shadow gens existed before kotor
>>
File: Boba_Fett_(10584974375).jpg (20KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
Boba_Fett_(10584974375).jpg
20KB, 250x375px
>>50557694
>Demagol

Fucking triggered
>>
Are the thr fighter pilots and maintenance crews considered to be part of the ship's crew compliment on ships like a neblon b or quasar or are they considered to be passengers.
>>
/swg/ does this list work?

The Phantom is the only 4 Attack ship in the game with an EPT slot, so I decided to see what I could do with it and Swarm Leader.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!79:219,186,213:-1:9:;14::-1:-1:;154::-1:-1:;239:49:48:31:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

"Whisper" — TIE Phantom 32
Swarm Leader 3
Collision Detector 0
Hotshot Co-pilot 4
Advanced Cloaking Device 4
Ship Total: 43

"Night Beast" — TIE Fighter 15
Ship Total: 15

"Chaser" — TIE Fighter 14
Ship Total: 14

"Pure Sabacc" — TIE Striker 22
Opportunist 4
Lightweight Frame 2
Adaptive Ailerons 0
Ship Total: 28

I'm a little uncertain about the initiative drop on Whisper that comes from him dropping VI, but pairing up Hotshot Co-Pilot with Opportunist Sabbac means that there's two sources of 7 AD in the list.
>>
>>50560485
They're crew
>>
>>50560553
With all the bullshit the Striker can pull has outmanuver finally found a home?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!79:219,36,46:-1:9:;14::-1:-1:;154::-1:-1:;239:56:48:31:&sn=They%20came%20from%20behind
>>
File: bm59.jpg (24KB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
bm59.jpg
24KB, 400x247px
How would one blasterize this beauty?
>>
File: 1481041888341.jpg (31KB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
1481041888341.jpg
31KB, 400x247px
>>50562034
Here you go
>>
>>50562243
9/10, needs a completely pointless optic pointed the wrong way.
>>
>>50558147
There's fifty issues in total, but it's a damn good read.
>>
>>50559963
>Czerka and mass shadow gens existed before kotor

Czerka was invented for the West End Games Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, published in 1990. It was briefly mentioned in the Luceno novel Cloak of Deception (2001), and then made its first major appearance in KotOR.

The Mass Shadow Generator was created for - and made its first appearance in - KotOR II. Perhaps you were thinking of gravity well projectors?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Shadow_Generator
>>
>>50558147
>>50562481
Fifty issues and a decent enough miniseries.
>>
File: LikeThis.jpg (68KB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
LikeThis.jpg
68KB, 400x247px
>>50562034
Like this. I only did the top picture, because fuck duplicating shit.
>>
>>50562810
I think I disagree on the muzzle part, but something should probably run under the protruding bit of barrel, SW generally doesn't do lower-rod rifles.
>>
File: 5x7u3j3.png (360KB, 1500x1134px) Image search: [Google]
5x7u3j3.png
360KB, 1500x1134px
>>
>>50562810
>>50562928
Maybe a perforated barrel shroud over the first six inches of barrel, gas tube and handguard?
>>
File: Snowtrooper_Captain.jpg (319KB, 1493x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Snowtrooper_Captain.jpg
319KB, 1493x1198px
Is there any good land-based Star Wars game that's easy to get into?
>>
>>50564508
Imperial Assault is fun if you want a skirmish-type game. FFG's RPGs and WEG's d6 RPG also have fun ground combat if those are what you're looking for.
>>
File: RCO008_1468913155.jpg (668KB, 1024x1675px) Image search: [Google]
RCO008_1468913155.jpg
668KB, 1024x1675px
>>50560371
Seriously that guy was fucked up
>>
>>50564651
what a madman
>>
>>50562573
What exactly was the difference between the MSG and a really big gravity well projector? I never really understood.
>>
File: triocarlos.jpg (35KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
triocarlos.jpg
35KB, 500x367px
>>50564869
Only one makes Asian food taste really salty.
>>
>>50564554
WEG has good mass combat?
>>
Does the Republic have any requirements on member states systems of rule? As in, do you have to be a democracy or is it open to all types who are willing to work together? I'm leaning towards the latter being the case since the Republic seems to be more of a massive free trade agreement than anything else.
>>
>>50565391
I think they need a degree of Representative government to get full voting membership.
>>
>>50564869
A gravity well projector SIMULATES the effect of a planetary body mass to scramble ships abilities to exit/enter hyperspace in its field. A mass shadow generator actually amplifies the natural shadow mass generated by planetary bodies (hence being based on a planet) to blow every fucking thing up in near proximity. Supposedly only worked on Malachor V, theorized to be able to work on other planets but Bao Dur never did it again for obvious reasons.
One messes with your computer, the other kills you and everyone else who thinks Revan understood pretzels.
>>
>>50565391
Old or new republic? It probably differs
>>
>>50565443
I was thinking old republic. The New republic is always a mess to compare with
>>
>>50565430
Actually no, gravity wells don't fuck up navigation they physically destroy ships so if you attempted to jump you would be spaced almost immediately. Most modern ships just have safety mechanisms to drop out of hyperspace before you kill yourself.
>>
>>50565464
They probably theoretically pretend to have standards, but if you have influence of any kind you can circumvent them
>>
>>50564508
Imperial Assault is pretty good. It has a campaign mode similar to a game like Dawn of War II, but it also has a typical tabletop army skirmish mode. There are some really fun but really weird scenarios you can set up with friends: Stormtroopers holding out against an army of Tuskens led by Vader, or Rebels trying to take out a Wookiee fortress.
>>
>>50565003
WEG's mass combat is tolerable but clunky. D20/Saga's mass combat is a complete mess. FFG's mass combat is the best of the bunch, but it still has its flaws. Trying to do mass combat in nearly any TTRPG is difficult, but FFG and its genius minion system is probably the best I've played.
>>
>>50565678
Check out the Age of Rebellion GM Kit and the Onslaught at Arda I books if you want good mass combat ideas for any system. They're brilliant.

Onslaught in particular is an excellent scenario when its mass combat kicks in, since you truly feel like you're part of the battle but not deciding it. You may suck terribly and do poorly yourselves, but the dice may favor your side and you win anyway. Conversely you may fight like gods but the Rebels still get their asses caved in.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUXPjF3lEM4

kino
>>
>>50565899
>the Ghost
OH SHIT. REBELS IN ROGUE ONE.
>>
So whats the prediction for FFG Star Wars RPG once all the Class Books are released?

Is FFG going to move and forget about the RPG?

Make new Core Books?

Make 2nd Editions?

Make Supplement Books for Other Era's?

FFG will move on and do other things instead
>>
>>50565920
>>50565899
It's this fucking shit all over again.

LUCAS PLEASE COME BACK. I'LL FORGIVE YOU, EVEN FOR JARJAR. I JUST WANT YOU BACK IN CHARGE.
>>
>>50565950
Fuck you mate, this looks amazing.

Lucas even said he loved it
>>
>>50565924
Supposedly they're working on another big expansion, or possible some WEG-style source books or expansions for playing Imperial and other factions. Presumably they'll also do more work on the Force Awakens canon.
>>
>>50565963
Fuck you mate, keep your baby shows with shit claymation outta my Star Wars.

LUCAS BABY PLEASE
>>
File: 1450862237459.jpg (45KB, 572x465px) Image search: [Google]
1450862237459.jpg
45KB, 572x465px
>>50565991
>>50565950

We thank you for your minority opinion, but don't expect many to agree with you.

Rebels and TCW is great. More star wars is great.

Under Lucas, we'd still have nothing, not even new movies.
>>
File: Smug.png (36KB, 268x237px) Image search: [Google]
Smug.png
36KB, 268x237px
>>50565991
The only baby I see here is you and your tantrum, anon.
>>
>>50565924
Ideally more location spotlights (like they did with Nal Hutta & Corellia), some kind of bestiary/enemy book, maybe a weapons & technology book and oh, I dunno, maybe a starship book with revised starfighter combat.

If they really want to milk it, they could do that for the three different lines.

I don't see them moving on unless working with Disney/Lucasfilm is way more of a hassle than making lots of money with the miniatures games.

>>50565920
Probably just a cameo. Interesting that they've got Neb-Bs in the Rebel fleet already.
>>
>>50566002
I'd prefer that to Mickey Mouse shoving his dick into what we love. Lucas wasn't perfect, but at least he might've seen something besides money in his work. With Disney they see nothing else but dollar signs. There's no love, no passion, no ambition, and no vision in anything they do. It's all about milking franchises dry, selling them to little kids, and getting as much money as possible from their assembly line production facilities full of cold, calculated and underpaid workers.
>>
>>50565991
Lucas sat in his ranch letting the license get thrown around haphazardly to any cowboy company that paid for it. As much as I hate the Disney Illuminati getting ANOTHER million dollar IP, they're taking much better care of it than he ever did.
>>
>>50566046
>With Disney they see nothing else but dollar signs.
How old are you?

Do you not remember the merchandising from the 80's/90's/00's?

The series has always been about making money.
>>
>>50566046
As opposed to what Lucas did, allowing anyone who gave him a little bit of money to dick with established canon, make shoddy products, and milk the franchise dry. I mean I love Kirkbride but holy fuck why the hell was he ever allowed to write a Star Wars novel? And the only good thing that came out of that retarded marketing blitz in the 90's is the Dark Horse comic series, that JarJar sucker that tongues your children, and a couple of games.
>>
File: 1450005446961.jpg (159KB, 800x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1450005446961.jpg
159KB, 800x1186px
>>50565965
>Supposedly they're working on another big expansion

That would be interesting. What would be a good expansion for the RPG?

I'd personally like a core book, or some supplements for KotOR\TotJ era (although we'd likely get TOR era shit, so maybe its not worth it) - but it doesn't seem like it would really be worth it, considering its not hard to convert the current game to work in that era.

Force Awakens era just needs more flesh, because its awfully bare at the moment - theres not enough setting detail to run a campaign during that time.

>>50566040
>some kind of bestiary/enemy book, maybe a weapons & technology book and oh, I dunno, maybe a starship book with revised starfighter combat.

These are all great, and much needed

>>50566046
go back to /tv/ and stay there, shitposter.
>>
>>50566111
It depends. There's a lot they could do:

TOR/KOTOR, Clone Wars, Legacy/post-Endor era, Imperial-themed expansion, Force Awakens, or something else entirely.
>>
>>50566110
>>50566090
>>50566073
I remember the marketing, but it was nowhere near as aggressive as it is with Disney. They're also already "toning down" Rogue One for being "too dark", fancy way of saying it's too smart and they're making it stupider and more family-friendly.

When Episode XXIV roles around and the Empire of Meaniepoopyheads has to stop a quirky cast of sitcom characters from stopping them from building a space station that is literally a giant Mickey Mouse head while JarJar farts and a laugh track plays, you'll wish Lucas came back.

People rejoiced when EA gobbled up independent IPs too, saying they'd reinvigorate the franchises and make something new, something better.

If EA doesn't ruin what they touch, they throw it out and kill it. Disney does the same but on a far larger, far more aggressive scale.
>>
>>50566141
>Imperial-themed expansion

This would be great, but with all the political controversy, I hope FFG\Disney doesn't get cold feet on "glorifying the Empire"

The last thread went full stupid on that
>>
>>50566173
>nowhere near as aggressive as it is with Disney
Holy shit are you serious.

We had literally less than side characters as figure back n the day.

Please leave because you are obviously underage.
>>
File: i want it.png (82KB, 179x538px) Image search: [Google]
i want it.png
82KB, 179x538px
>>50566111
>a starship book with revised starfighter combat
I didn't think I'd ever want to pay for porn until you said that.
>>
File: Star-Wars-ROgue-One-696x291.jpg (71KB, 696x291px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-ROgue-One-696x291.jpg
71KB, 696x291px
>>50557321

Besides house rules, what's the key to running a starfighter-based campaign?
>>
>>50566179
I saw that. It was a retarded version of the Clerks argument. I don't get why people argue in-universe politics. It's fiction. Support who you want and don't sperg out.

That being said, it's not a matter of whether or not FFG gets cold feet, it's whether or not an Imperial expansion would be marketable. Their current line is "just reskin Age of Rebellion", which works to an extent and there's no shortage of homebrewed rules and content for Imperial campaigns. I'm not sure it's something profitable enough to warrant anything more than a 20-30 page sourcebook, if that. My bet is that FFG is either going to keep chugging through the Force Awakens or go back and start doing the Clone Wars, which is a very hotly suggested setting that isn't as easy to make just by reskinning the original books.
>>
>>50566110
>>50566046
Truth is there's good and bad under both regimes. Lucas-era Star Wars had the original trilogy, Dark Horse comics, the WEG-RPG, the 90s EU, the 90s-Early 00s vidya era and way better Hasbro figures. On the other hand, it also had the New Jedi Order, the Prequel Trilogy, the Star Wars Holiday Special and the Ewoks cartoon.

Disney era's got an okay but derivative movie, a (hopefully) promising movie about to come out, a decent-good tv show, some good comics and novels and the FFG RPG, but its also got Wibbly-Wobbly Wendig and Battlefront. Its way too soon for NuCanon to have shit the bed in the way the old canon did, but also has yet to reach the heights it could as well.
>>
File: Pilot 2.png (927KB, 1437x807px) Image search: [Google]
Pilot 2.png
927KB, 1437x807px
>>50566224

NPC's that matter, have detailed character, and therefore meaning when they just become cannon fodder
>>
>>50566110
Uh what? The 90s had good novels, comics and a good chunk of the WEG golden age, PLUS the games.

>>50566002
I... What? You do realize Lucas poured a huge chunk of his own fortune into TCW to make it happen right?
>>
>>50566173
>nowhere near as aggressive
HAHA YOU FUCKING WHAT M8?

Excuse me, I'm going to read my Star Wars novels, which all have 7 different interpretations of the exact same events, the 3 lore bibles required to understand them, my Darth Vader kite, my set of Luke Skywalker bed sheets, and my collection of 4 toy Jawas which are just the same fucking toy with different boxes. Then i'm going to pull out my Jar Jar canteen which I bought with the money from my Jar Jar piggy bank and drink this can of soda with a picture of Yoda on it, and suck on my Jar Jar Binks sucker.
>>
File: Jefferson_Starship.jpg (20KB, 671x315px) Image search: [Google]
Jefferson_Starship.jpg
20KB, 671x315px
>>50566246
>Star Wars Holiday Special

You can't tell me you hate Jefferson Starship in Star Wars

https://youtu.be/cKL-6rBkQN0
>>
>>50566268
I never said there was nothing at all good from the Lucas Era, but there was also an obscene amount of garbage, particularly in the late 90's and early 2000's. And not all of the Dark Horse comics were amazing. Devil Worlds comes to mind. "IT'S TWILIGHT ZONE IN SPAAAAAAAACEEEE!"
>>
>>50566285
You do that. I'll play with my Star Wars lego set, all 10 of them priced $100 each depicting the same event while watching some show for little kids on Disney with R2 and C3PO in it while watching a movie that recycles the entire plot of Episode IV with extra diversity with a movie set to release every single year so more Star Wars cereal can be made so long as the movies are dull, generic, and family-friendly while also keeping in line with a Disney cartoon with awful animation where everyone outside of the main cast is a retard and the main cast serves a Rebellion formed by an obnoxious brat and literally JarJar Binks himself.
>>
File: droids (1).jpg (26KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
droids (1).jpg
26KB, 400x300px
>>50566342
>some show for little kids on Disney with R2 and C3PO in it
But the Droids cartoon was actually fun.
>>
>>50566342
And while you're doing that I'll watch my two straight-to-video Ewok movies and hunt down a copy of the Holiday Special so I can watch Princess Leia try to pretend that she didn't just shotgun enough oxy to kill a horse.
>>
File: 1453623331650.png (636KB, 624x696px) Image search: [Google]
1453623331650.png
636KB, 624x696px
>>50566342

Take your own advice and begone, shitposter.
>>
File: 1451735790756.gif (476KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1451735790756.gif
476KB, 320x240px
>>50566374
>watch Princess Leia try to pretend that she didn't just shotgun enough oxy to kill a horse.
>>
>>50566375
>he doesn't like rebels or nucanon
>he must be a shitposter

sage goes in all fields
>>
>>50566141
Barring the imperial themed expansion, which would be a smart way to do a campaign sourcebook that opens up gaming in the period of "early empire, pots rots", empre at its height yavin to endor, and then what I presume would be the most interesting era, post endor, though Disney seems to have cut that short but hey I don't think the rpg is canon anyway so they cna do their own thing. Anyway, barring the imperial campaign, they should probably come up with their own setting that is either set way in the past (or the future, it's the same thing in Star wars), where the Jedi and Sith are at their height of power and going at it. Probably sets up the most different campaign atmosphere which opens up a sufficient amount of different-from-the-OT storylines.
>>
>>50566410
Its not about not liking something anon, its about your posts being written by a raging faggot.
>>
>>50566414
The good thing about FFG is it's pretty loose canon-wise. They actively encourage you to build your own lore and own world out of your adventures, and give you tips on how to incorporate them into Star Wars lore or change Star Wars lore outright through you and the rest of the group's actions. It allows for some very interesting and creative gameplay and storylines.
>>
>>50566414
They'll probably start printing more adventure books, which will be great because the one's I've played are brilliant.
>>
>>50566440
>he doesn't like rebels or nucanon
>he must be a raging faggot

all fields sage goes in
>>
File: TOTJFOSE1-FC.jpg (773KB, 1024x1474px) Image search: [Google]
TOTJFOSE1-FC.jpg
773KB, 1024x1474px
>>50566414
>where the Jedi and Sith are at their height of power and going at it

Unfortunately thats TOR. Until both sides stop fighting and work together to stop Valkorian.

ToTJ would be the most different and unlike-star wars as you could get. Its as different as morrowind is compared to oblivion or skyrim
>>
>>50566474
They have two on the way for AOR and FAD and are definitely making one after No Disintegrations for EOTE. I can't imagine they'd quit making them. Supposedly their team loves making up adventures for players, and the quality is (mostly) pretty high.

Personally I'd be very happy if they started releasing token and map sets a-l-a D&D or Pathfinder. Such a good game, but some people are turned off by the very real lack of visual aids and art for the game.
>>
>>50566475
Final (you) you're getting from me.
>>
>>50565899
>>50565920
>>50566040
Poor Pablo's twitter is now haunted.

>>50566342
>>50566359
It really was great, and its main villain is canon again!
>>
>>50566490
And like Morrowind compared to Oblivion or Skyrim, ToTJ was fantastic and the rest was okay at best.
>>
>>50566490
Tor is a bastardisation of the concept of the Jedi and sith at their height. It's the most uninspired drivel taking bits and pieces of all the other uninspired drivel that have cannibalized from other storylines. I was actually going to write "where the jedi and sith are at their height of power and going at it, which is explicitly not TOR."

ToTJ is a bit too high fantasy but I dig that era too. There should be some decent middle ground between ToTJ and kotor. Perhaps the republic dark ages where Jedi are lords and all that, waging war on Sith and running around doing duels. It's different yet familiar enough and leans on some pretty classical tropes.
>>
>>50566503
>>50566504
In all seriousness, why are Rebels fans usually so rabid? The show has many flaws, but pointing them out seems to be blasphemy on here. High absolute treason on /co/. No one ever says why said criticisms are wrong either, they just say "go back to tv" and leave it at that.
>>
File: 1480992794752.jpg (340KB, 1292x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1480992794752.jpg
340KB, 1292x1035px
>>50566522

It really was, but unfortunately Lucas, Lucasarts, Bioware, and Obsidian thought it was stupid.
>>
Anybody got the odds on ye old d6 Star Wars RPG's core [Attribute]D + pips? The odds of rolling X successes with Yd and/or +X,and so on? (Preferably int he form of an easy-to-read graph)
>>
File: totj dls.jpg (191KB, 824x1286px) Image search: [Google]
totj dls.jpg
191KB, 824x1286px
>>50566522
I'd sacrifice my left nut for an Elder Holocrons vidya.
>>
>>50566541
Bioware made some efforts to salvage a bit of the cool lore bits at least and stuff like corrupted artifacts, Freedon Nadd, and a few tiny elements of Dark Side Sorcery
>>
>>50566531
The only people I've seen that are rabid are those who argue relentlessly about nuCanon.

For /co/, they get raided by /tv/ so often that they've become so jaded. They criticize the show, but as a whole, the accept it as what it is, which is TCW season 2.
>>
File: 1452320476395.png (561KB, 550x810px) Image search: [Google]
1452320476395.png
561KB, 550x810px
>>50566531
>rabid?

The only rabid people I've seen are asshats from /tv/ who go into every other star wars thread on any other board, and talk about how much they hate nucanon and disney.
>>
>>50566531
There's a pretty big difference between pointing out flaws and "THIS PISSY BABBY SHIT NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED WHEN LUCAS WAS IN CHARGE"
>>
>>50566531
It's just 4chan mate, people don't talk like such asshats on either side of the conversation elsewhere.
>>
>>50566666
>>
File: reb_ca_1831_bab1cbe1.jpg (114KB, 965x864px) Image search: [Google]
reb_ca_1831_bab1cbe1.jpg
114KB, 965x864px
>>50566572
>They criticize the show, but as a whole, the accept it as what it is

Personally, I only watch Rebels for new canon explanations (mandalorians for example), and each episode is actually becoming something of a chore.

Its quickly becoming not worth waiting a week for a 22 minute episode in which there are now more questions then answers.
>>
>>50566740
I mean, if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it anon.
>>
>>50566849
But he's not a faggot for disliking it or criticizing it.
>>
File: zeta gundam star wars.jpg (81KB, 722x687px) Image search: [Google]
zeta gundam star wars.jpg
81KB, 722x687px
>>50566740
A new Star Wars TV show to ease the Rebels fatigue would definitely be nice.
>>
>>50566859
Correct, because his post isn't an aggressive shitpost.
>>
>>50566859
He's also not acting like a tit.
>>
File: 1478143366721.png (308KB, 663x494px) Image search: [Google]
1478143366721.png
308KB, 663x494px
>>50566864

That would be nice.

I would really love a star wars show that isn't about the rebels, but is instead more of an Edge of the Empire story, example: firefly\cowboy bebop

You don't even really need to have it be on a ship, to distance it from rebels a bit.
>>
>>50565963
Where did Lucas say he loved Rogue One?
>>
>>50566859
This might be a foreign concept to you anon, but if people talk civilly about something, they are more likely to see civil responses.

>>50566945
Edwards tweeted it out. I'll see if I can find it.
>>
>>50566942
Maybe one focused on something like Nar Shadda and Nal Hutta, some place with enough factionalism and species diversity to keep things interesting and have a stable conflict, but not get drawn into the main conflict?
>>
File: Coronet-EotESoF.jpg (552KB, 1298x750px) Image search: [Google]
Coronet-EotESoF.jpg
552KB, 1298x750px
>>50566989

Or ORD Mantell, but Nar Shaddaa would be good. You could even set it on Coruscant.

Personally, I'd love to see it on Corellia, because I love Corellia.

Would never happen, but a cop show about CorSec would be fun.
>>
File: gunsmith-cats-burst-1723986.jpg (88KB, 800x1133px) Image search: [Google]
gunsmith-cats-burst-1723986.jpg
88KB, 800x1133px
>>50566942
A Scum-focused anime drawn by Kenichi Sonoda would be fun as hell. I would also be totally cool with Filoni handing the Rebel Alliance reins over to Sunrise.
>>
>>50566989
Space M*A*S*H
>>
>>50567081
>Kenichi Sonoda
>Star Wars Gunsmith Cats
>lovable bounty hunters on the outer rim

I could forgive disney of any sin if they did this
>>
>>50565924
>Is FFG going to move and forget about the RPG

It wont be the ffg I like and sorta tolerate if they don't leave at least some of the classes waiting empty handed while the whole operation slowly goes dark.
>>
>>50567152

At the very least, I'd like a spy sourcebook with more specializations that are actually about stealth.
>>
>>50557321
Where do they sleep in that?
>>
File: 1450432700226.png (16KB, 853x570px) Image search: [Google]
1450432700226.png
16KB, 853x570px
>>50567152

No kidding. I wonder, does FFG just take on more work then it could reliably handle, or does it basically just get tired and run out of ideas, and compensate by moving on to something else?
>>
>>50567081
>>50567139
Gunsmith Cats BDs when?
Or a full adaptation of the manga minus the horrible fucking ending of Burst, when?
>>
>>50567202
there looks to be some bunks in one of the aft compartments
>>
>>50567202
Um. The dude with the red chest piece looks like he's standing in front of a couple bunk berths. There could be a couple more in that same general area.
Still doesn't look like enough for the whole crew. Much less any cabin for the captain to have to themselves.
>>
>>50567272
The Moomo only used it as a two-man ship.
>>
File: 1457454527279.png (197KB, 487x769px) Image search: [Google]
1457454527279.png
197KB, 487x769px
>>50567139
>All the gun porn a space /k/ommando and merchandiser could ever want
>Cute waifus who fill the girl power niche that the marketers so desperately want to force
>Delicious chocolate-flavored protagonist to fill the DIVERSITY quota
It's the perfect formula, Disney. Get on that shit. And give us world Star Wars Black Lagoon, too., while you're at it.
>>
>>50565560
That's not entirely accurate with interdictor tech/gravity well generators.

Gravity well generators modulate gravity fields in a way that the sensors within the hyperdrives believe that there's a much larger gravity well than is present in reality.

The byproduct of this is a minor gravity well, that could (usually) be flown through (were it not tripping the sensors).

In the Tarkin novel, we see an interdictor cruiser at work - the energy being used is immense, causing a lot of fluctuations and vibrations and shit, but it doesn't destroy ships. It does rip them out of hyperspace at that position, though.
>>
>>50567298
>>Cute waifus who fill the girl power niche that the marketers so desperately want to force
The problem is, the American writers wouldn't know how to write Rallyyes, I know it's canonically Larry.
She's a tough, no-nonsense lesbian bounty hunter who isn't afraid to shoot a mother fucker for threatening her or her friends.
But she's also bubbly and girly and can be flirty even with guys like Bean and prone to moments of ditsy silliness when her life isn't on this line.
'Murrican writers couldn't reconcile these seemingly contradicting personality types and they'd probably turn her into a super-butch turbo dyke who munches more carpet than a malfunctioning vacuum cleaner.
>>
>>50567344
This, westerners don't write genki correctly.
>>
>>50567308
>In the Tarkin novel, we see an interdictor cruiser at work - the energy being used is immense, causing a lot of fluctuations and vibrations and shit, but it doesn't destroy ships. It does rip them out of hyperspace at that position, though.
It manages to drag even ISDs towards the interdictor from all sides. And Rebels had the oversized interdictor yanking ships into impact as well.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (3MB, 432x299px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
3MB, 432x299px
>>50566246
How dare you malign the Holiday Special.
>>
>>50567294
There are at least three positions there with a pilot, fore and aft gunners. Meaning it would have to accommodate at least three crew.
More if you want a navigator/copilot and an engineer.
There are 5 crew visible in that picture. Unless they're throwing cots down in the carbo bay, there should be more berths for crew than what are shown.
>>
>>50567298

>Star Wars Black Lagoon

YES
E
S
>>
>>50567369
>>50567308

Well, in Rebels at least (haven't read Tarkin yet) that was after Chop sabotaged it - and that would make sense. If, say, you could use electricity to generate gravity then if follows that if you use a lot of electricity you might generate more gravity which could actually be enough for the "well projection" to start tugging ships around.

Realistically, depending on how the well works y'know, you might raise concerns about how ships like star destroyers can leave gravity wells of planets yet get tugged, or how the interdictor doesn't crush itself but Star Wars also canonically has sound in space - so we shouldn't nitpick the science too much, just the internal consistency.
>>
File: 1401583206727.jpg (37KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
1401583206727.jpg
37KB, 500x302px
>>50567298
>>50567405

>Star Wars Black Lagoon
>a merc, a bounty hunter, and a data slicer, operating an old-generation gunship around the fringes of the outer rim, taking jobs for crimelords
>insert core-born straight man abandoned by the empire\blastech\insert-company-here
>>
>>50567272
Well, it IS a military craft, and one that's been retrofitted into a floating gun turret at that. It's spartan by design.
>>
>>50567497
Why do the credits look like chromosome test results?
>>
>>50566558
Go to anydice.com and insert the following:

output [explode d6]
output [explode d6+1]
output [explode d6+2]
output [explode 2d6]
output [explode 2d6+1]
output [explode 2d6+2]
output [explode 3d6] . . . et. cetera.
>>
>>50565678
>>50565706
Lead by Example has a vastly improved version of the system from Arda I.
>>
>>50567463
I used something similar in a campaign, with prototype interdictor gravity well generators being overloaded with superlaser-levels of power to create an unexpected gravity well generator.

It was fun.
>>
>>50567220
Probably the later. It's like they're already getting there with the way some of the specialisations added feel like they just dropped talents from core classes and added a new gimmick or made them shootier. Gotta fill that 3 new specialisations quota somehow.
>>
File: Lennox_Cabbel.jpg (1MB, 1632x816px) Image search: [Google]
Lennox_Cabbel.jpg
1MB, 1632x816px
>>50557321

Hey shipfag or someone, i'm the anon starting to run a SWRPG game, where's some stats for that ship? The Pelagia Duplex Command Assault Gunship, not the moomo. I think that's the ship the players are going to receive from RI, a dingy, battered old old republic era gunship.
>>
>>50567961
I'll have stats in just a bit, but I'm thinking that's a pretty archaic ship to hand over, if it's an original; they'd probably be better off selling it to a museum or collector and buying something newer.
maybe the vessel is not an original, but a knockoff from some dirt-end outer rim manufacturer that built them up until maybe 200 years ago? that would have about the same stats but not the rarity
>>
File: y6qfnvvzkm28ryoxvzep.jpg (97KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
y6qfnvvzkm28ryoxvzep.jpg
97KB, 640x360px
>>50568054

Oh, the ship is like.. that old? Hrm. I know star wars tech doesn't advance very fast but I also know very little about star wars especially EU.

I'm kinda wanting a ship that is clearly not just a set of stats but has a history/backstory in the setting and is interesting due to that, that is also a bit tanky and shooty (-ier than a freighter) and potentially sneaky, while also being clunky, short on passenger/hold space, and having weird quirks. All those gun turrets looked nice too, lots of places for PCs to potentially shoot from.
>>
>>50568096
>Oh, the ship is like.. that old?
oh, yeah. three-odd thousand years
>I'm kinda wanting a ship that is clearly not just a set of stats but has a history/backstory in the setting and is interesting due to that
sure, such a ship would have exactly that. hell, I could throw some in with the stats if you'd like
>>
>>50568096
That ship is from KoTOR.

Despite what BioWare might have you believe, technology has, in fact, changed dramatically over the four thousand years between KotOR and the movie era. It's just that it's more "under the hood" than in visual design.

Better engines, better hyperdrives, better shields and weapons.
>>
>>50568143
>>50568054
>>50567961
>>50568096
>>50568155
While you're here shipfag, I was gonna use your Munificent frigate for a Clone Wars game. Weren't those frigates able to carry a few hundred thousand droid troops? I think it says they only had a troop capacity of 600 or something. Making sure I'm not missing anything.
>>
File: FaD_AoR_campaign.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
FaD_AoR_campaign.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>50557913
Even without autofire, there is a lot of shit that lets you bypass enemy defense die, upgrade your combat roll, get boost die, reroll combat checks, increased effect on a critical wound, you name it. Add in the fact that most GMs will just tone down autofire instead of removing it completely means that someone who sinks as much XP into combat as a Jedo does into the Force is going to be on pretty much equal terms. Move can get pretty nuts pretty quick, but it has a couple of built in limiters that people tend to ignore:

1. Hurling multiple objects uses the autofire rules. If autofire has been houseruled (and you really should) Hurl should follow the same rules.

2. Silhouette 1 stuff only does 10 damage, which is significant but not out of line with good combat weapons (and doesn't get the benefit of all those combat-related Talents), anything larger has to exist to be used. It's not unreasonable for players to be in environments (indoors in particular) where the largest thing to throw at someone is another someone.

3. Following #2, a player will invariable try to Hurl Enemy A at Enemy B and claim they both take 10 damage. The rules don't work this way, however, unless they triggered a second hit following the rules for Autofire. Just say that Enemy B ducked, and only A takes the (10) damage.

4. That said, don't be afraid to let the player juggle speeder cars on occasion. It makes them feel useful and cool, makes for a great memorable moment is done sparingly, and paves the way for...

5. ...INQUISITORS. They do NOT approve of fucking Force Users that aren't following Sheev "Call me daddy bitch" Palpatine's marching orders, and reports of flung speeders draws them in like hawks on a mouse. If the players run, they'll be running for a long time and it WILL be a hassle to shake the Inquisitor. If they fight, they either die or draw even more Inquisitorial attention + military support. If they live through THAT...Vader.
>>
>>50568197
six hundred living troops, yeah. you could pack tens of thousands of battle droids in the bays, but they'd not really be troops, more cargo
>>
>>50568226
That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
>>
File: Mercenary_Support_-_BotF.jpg (124KB, 1579x597px) Image search: [Google]
Mercenary_Support_-_BotF.jpg
124KB, 1579x597px
>>50568143

Well, that would be nice. I like the image enough to use it almost regardless of anything else. And it's definitely not like 'the ideal ship' - very much playing up the 'rebels use anything they can find' sort of vibe.
>>
>>50568260
yeah, I've always thought of battle droids as being carried in cargo space, rather than counted as troops
>>
File: Ship wip 2 no nose art.jpg (1MB, 1335x2343px) Image search: [Google]
Ship wip 2 no nose art.jpg
1MB, 1335x2343px
9000+ hours in photoshop

Custom YZ-775, party ship for an upcoming campaign

drinking game: take a drink everytime you spot a couch
>>
>>50568305
well, if you'd like, I could throw together something even older, quirkier and raggedy-assed custom for you.
just tell me rough outlines and I can do something unique for your dudes
>>
File: 1334495229134.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1334495229134.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
>>50568096
>not just a set of stats but has a history/backstory

As a GM and a Player, I write custom quirks for each ship that I build for a party (with GM approval if im a player)

Heres an example that I just wrote for a Dynamic Class in a TOR era game

>"Good 'ol Girl"
>The Dynamic Class is a ship thats long since become outdated and obsolete. A Classic. And like any classic, she requires a lot of love, care, and maintenance. But with the right amount of upkeep, she can hold her own among much younger spacecraft.
>-Must make a Hard (3) Mechanics Check, taking at least 6 Hours, Once a week, or suffer one Black Dice to ALL checks made to use the vessel. Failure and Threat adds Hours\Half Hours to the Check, while Advantage can be used to cut time by half hour per

>"Shes a Classic!"
>Being an outdated design, her make and model is now only supported by collectors and small niche starship parts dealers. Core Galaxy Systems only ever manufactured Dynamics in rare numbers. This makes finding skilled mechanics familiar with her model hard to find, and any parts to fit her both rare and expensive.
>-Increase the Rarity and Price of any Repairs or Repair parts by at least double, or more (or less) at GM's discretion

>"Outmoded But Not Forgotten"
>Because of her age, she predates the recent generation of newer starships and array of modification parts. Installing parts designed for newer models isn't a clean process, and takes a LOT more work to get everything to fit right.
>-Ship Modifications affecting PERFORMANCE, WEAPONS, or ELECTRONICS take an additional Hard Point to install.
>>
>>50564806
There is a reason his name became the Mandalorian word for monster. He's as close to a demon figure as you can get.
>>
>>50566971
Well, if Lucas says he enjoyed it then I think my rather silly fears about the movie will not come to pass.
>>
>>50568864
https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/805481276815704064
>>
File: Demagol-KotOR48.jpg (176KB, 690x920px) Image search: [Google]
Demagol-KotOR48.jpg
176KB, 690x920px
>>50568456
And the origin of his name is "Demar Agol" - Carver of Flesh.

Gud lore mayn
>>
Anyone happen to have a PDF of the Sentinels sourcebook on hand?
>>
>>50568917
Isn't it in the OP?
>>
>>50568933
You're right it is, I just overlooked it when I went in and looked for it.

Even with my glasses I can be blind as fuck.
>>
File: Bull.jpg (576KB, 1600x873px) Image search: [Google]
Bull.jpg
576KB, 1600x873px
>>50568096
A ship I particularly like, to fit part of this niche, is the YG-4210.

It's an older ship, predating the YT-series by decades (so probably ~50 years before 29 BBY). If you're running a game during the OT, it's pushing eighty years of service and countless owners.

It's a good take on the typical CEC design, having some recognizable features, but not straight-up copying the later YT-1300.

It's not really "tanky" or "shooty," but instead it's more of a long-range exploration ship. It's smaller than most freighters, but still clunky and quirky (for example, access to the two outrigger sublight engines is via crawlspaces, I believe) and could be seriously beefed up with a little work.

Check it out.
>>
File: B_LqQv_XEAA-bwX.jpg (23KB, 595x385px) Image search: [Google]
B_LqQv_XEAA-bwX.jpg
23KB, 595x385px
>>50568350

Well, like I said, i'd like something tougher and shootier than your average 'smuggler freighter' (using houserules so shields have hp and whatnot, that pdf linked in the thread but with my own modifications for a more cinematic style that I run) but not up to a real pocket gunship class, with cramped decks and little room for people-moving or cargo, but surprisingly stealthy for how clunky it is. I'd like it to also need a decent pilot to fly it, so the mechanic/pilot can get some airtime in the tough chases and terrain-heavy dogfights I plan to throw their way (should they make certain choices).

That sounds like a nice mixture of drawbacks and strong points to give them the ability to work with or against it's strengths. They also have the SoroSuub luxury yacht in the book, retrofitted with a concussion missile launcher, which i'm not going to 'take away' from them - they can potentially lose it, but having two ships to allow splitting up and the like appeals to me.
>>
File: 1473258642026.jpg (16KB, 180x192px) Image search: [Google]
1473258642026.jpg
16KB, 180x192px
>in The Last Command, while Luke is training her, Mara uses her saber in a thrusting motion

>just like how the Emperor fights in ROTS, so he would have taught her like that

poetry
>>
>>50569067
But was it a spinning thrust?
>>
>>50566541

People shit on Bioware all the time for the choices in art direction they made, but I understand why they did what they did.

They had wanted to make an RPG in the Star Wars universe for a long time, and when you do something like that, you have to go hard or go not at all, especially given that they were making the first 3D Star Wars RPG.

The Prequel era was too controversial, the GCW era wouldn't have afforded players the chance to become jedi or effect meaningful change (Not to mention being screwed by the Vong later) and they couldn't advance 100 or 200 years into the future either.

So all that was left was going to the past, but that left the conundrum of art style. The totj comics didn't move that many books, and more to the point, the series had ended years ago. Most casual Star Wars fans only knew the series vaguely, and the layman didn't know it existed at all. If people saw trailers for the game and saw something starkly different from what they identified as "Star Wars", they might have been turned off.
>>
>>50569091

Depends on if Mara was the senate.
>>
>>50569091
Same thing, whatever.
I read it a while ago.

Sheev also does a spinning thrust, so.
>>
>>50569037
so you essentially want an older ship, well armed but not extremely so, but still with space for cargo?

how about an outdated stealth/AGI ship? room for supplies for those long-haul recons, surprisingly stealthy (those old systems are still somewhat effective on older and civilian ships), some armament, but not a proper gunboat.
would be a horrible maintenance hog, and probably have lots of weird quirks from decaying old super-tech electronics, but maybe that's good?
>>
>>50569106
I prefer the art of the KotOR series over the Tales of the Jedi comics.

In fact, for the most part, I think the comic art was disappointing. It was too little sci-fi and too much fantasy for my tastes. They did a better job seeking balance on the covers, at least.
>>
>>50569282
That guy looks awfully upset over losing his Krayt dragon dildo.
>>
>>50569305
Of course he's upset. Those things are 100 creds on sale. You don't even want to know how much the Hutt Slime Lube costs. And the Tuk'ata insertables are just a rip off.
>>
File: g1Pefvs.jpg (30KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
g1Pefvs.jpg
30KB, 605x605px
>>50569187

Well actually I just fell in love with that graphic because of how interesting it looks in the OP, and then spitballed some basic ideas for a good but also specifically ungood in some respects ship to fit that ship's layout.

Something better than your average freighter but not up to the standards of a real elite (expensive) small war-ship. An older ship designed as an elite warship back when it was built fits that ticket. Or now that i've looked up 'AGI', an obsolete elite spy ship.

Advantages-
Better armoured than freighter
Better armed than freighter
Lots of turrets for party members
Surprisingly sneaky for it's clunkiness
Small

Disadvantages-
Almost no cargo space/passenger space
Clunky, weirdly hard to maneuver/steer
Obsolete tech/electronics that break down sometimes/don't interface with standard systems
>>
>>50555054
Not that guy you're talking to. I'm not going to say that America shouldn't have dropped the bombs; obviously they were looking out for themselves which is exactly what is normal for a country to do. It's the fact that people actually believe that their country committed this act from a position of moral high ground that fucking disgusts me.

In that context can the lot of us discussing the morality of using the Death Star at least agree, that if using weapons with absurd levels of collateral damage is reasonable to achieve some meaningful end (a la Hiroshima and Nagasaki), that there is also some understandable line of Machiavellian logic to trying to achieve the same result on a larger scale?
>>
File: George Lucas signed U-Wing.jpg (108KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
George Lucas signed U-Wing.jpg
108KB, 1200x900px
>>50569187
Lucas liked Rogue One enough to sign a U-Wing.
>>
>>50569352

99% of historians agree that hiroshima and nagasaki were absolutely unnecessary to end the war - even the incendiary bombings of civilian centres was effectively a war crime.

The issue people have isn't 'scale of collateral damage' it's the governments that collateral damage shit unnecessarily. And the US, the germans, the japs, and yes the Empire are all governments with that on their pedigree.
>>
>>50569336
Not to mention the work it took for someone to even get a proper mold for a Krayt Dragon dick.

It's honestly almost a work of art.
>>
>>50569342
so, liking the old spy ship?
just a few more questions before I get to working:
Would Sil 5 be fine or would you prefer 4?
Do any of your PCs pilot fighters or want to pilot fighters?
Do you want extra weapons that don't work at first?
do you want quirks to be provided or do you want to come up with your own?
it would probably have at least a bit of cargo space on account of just having to stay on station for extended periods of time, but I imagine it would be quite cramped inside
>>
>>50569395

...when you say the Empire, do you mean the British Empire or SW Empire?
>>
Don't a single one of you fuckers respond to this blatant attempt to revive yesterdays bait
>>
>>50569395
>99% of historians
Post proofs. How many of those historians were also military personnel? And what alternatives did they propose?
>>
>>50569352
>>50569395
We don't need to drag up that old discussion that will only leave idiots asses hurt.
Just a note that the bombs weren't just for the Japs. They were for the Soviets and the Germans and anyone else who might want to challenge America.
>>
>>50569437

.. either?

>>50569483

I'm not your RA, bud.

>>50569493

>we don't need to drag up that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSB8p9OlZ5g

>Soviets

Lotta documentation of discussions/letters from that period (many of which are still classified) indicate they were definitely aimed far more at the Soviets than at the japs. The Soviets also made sure Jap surrender offers didn't reach the USA. Shafted by both superpowers, the japs were.
>>
>>50569483
goddamnit boy, stay off the hook
>>
Anyone know anything about CEC's custom Acclamator ships? The only thing Wookieepedia says about them is that they're big.
>>
>>50569558
I want you to imagine the constants of Corellian engineering. the love of circles, the cockpit being vaguely in the shape of a pill, the roomy holds and the ability to mod that shit beyond the most ridiculous aspects of whatever the designers thought you were going to do.

Now make it capital ship big, and keep the acclimator profile by slapping the cockpit (now the bridge) on top of the ship. It looks a bit like an acclamator, but you can bet some motherfucker stole one and modded it to high hell to try and be a proto booster terrik.

This is all conjecture by the way, I have no idea what they actually look like.
>>
>>50569558
CEC Custom Acclamator?
>>
>>50569696
Apparently the entire Corrilian sector had a bunch of custom made Acclamator-Class assault ships, but I can't find any images or information other than "it's big and shooty".
>>
>>50569395

Bullshit. They weren't necessary to end the war, but they WERE to accelerate its end. Arguably there were a lot less casualties than a land invasion would have had.

Now the Tokyo Firebombing was completely unnecessary
>>
>>50569738
In what stuff are they mentioned? What's their wookieepedia entry?
>>
File: best part of the bantha.gif (2MB, 501x348px) Image search: [Google]
best part of the bantha.gif
2MB, 501x348px
>>50567387
>>
>>50567515
He's trying to figure out if Leia really is his sister or if Obi-Wan is just pulling some more Certain Point of View™ nonsense on him.
>>
>>50566246
>the Prequel Trilogy
The prequel trilogy is every bit as god as the OT.
>>
>>50569827

Japan had been trying to surrender for 6 months before the bombs were dropped. Their land army was nonexistent on the mainland, reserves that didn't exist and guns that had already been shipped to the front. Civilians with makeshift spears might have been shot to pieces by allied troops landing, but it's far, far more likely that no real resistance would have manifested and the number of lives lost would have been lower - if they even invaded. The last four peace offers were 'don't kill the royal family and that's our only condition'. It was the push for a propaganda-driven 'total surrender' that kept the war ongoing - and cost american lives on still japanese-held islands.
>>
>>50569834
That's just it, it's not even a proper entry, it's like a footnote in the CEC entry. And because holy fuck the citations on that site sometimes seem to have been made just to annoy people looking for sauce, I have no clue how to get anything actually informative.

The artical that mentioned them is http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corellian_Engineering_Corporation/Legends, and it implies that it might not even be CEC and uses Acclimators for reference rather than a 1:1 comparison, but "Big Custom Acclimator" as the only way I could succently phrase it so that it made sense.
>>
>>50569827
So was the bombing of Britain.

Fact of the matter is bombing civilian centers, even for minimal damage is a tactic of demoralization.

>>50569925
Civilian government wanted to surrender. Military wanted to such thing and they had a stranglehold on the civilian government.
>>
File: bspobc[1].gif (2MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
bspobc[1].gif
2MB, 320x213px
>>50569851
>>
>>50569955

That's a common line 'the generals wouldn't have followed the orders!' but most of those guys got killed in a coup attempt. The generals that remained with connections and power were part of the planning sessions that resulted in the peace offers - I find it extremely unlikely they would have refused to follow the orders of the government in that circumstance.

It's not impossible, but if the US had accepted the offer, and then it turned out the IJA weren't willing to lay down arms/launched a coup, then the US used an atomic bomb, it would be more defensible - but they didn't. They dropped two nukes without accepting the surrender offers first - or giving any offers of their own.

I mean, even then... bombing civilian populations is still a war crime. Especially when you have already all but won the war, even if the enemy hasn't tried to surrender yet.
>>
>>50569923

Only if you're a hardcore star wars fan. Film critics and cinema fans alike see them as of vastly different quality.
>>
>>50569948

Is this the line you're looking at?:

>In the centuries before the Clone Wars, the Corellian sector was guarded by warships bigger than Acclamator-class assault ships. These were presumably also homemade designs rather than imports from other notable shipwrights, like Kuat Drive Yards or Rendili Star Drive.

If so, they're not Acclamators. They're just capital ships.

This fits well, actually: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CC-7700_frigate/Legends
>>
>>50570044
Bombing civilians was happening on all fronts. Germans bombed British civilians. Brits and Americans bombed German civilians.
Japs raped and experimented on Chinese civilians, 'Murrica bombed the shit out of Jap civilians.
It's only because they made the hard choices then that you can sit there safe and sound and whine about them now.
>>
File: Screenshot (1).png (222KB, 556x424px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1).png
222KB, 556x424px
>>50570074
>Film critics
Here's 4chan's one time favorite critic to prove you wrong.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas

Also, pic related.
>>
>>50570044
Japs had the American offer: surrender with no conditions. Japs refused those terms until the bombs dropped.
>>
File: YG-4210 Deckplan.gif (61KB, 523x990px) Image search: [Google]
YG-4210 Deckplan.gif
61KB, 523x990px
>>50569006
One of my favorite ships
>>
>>50570082
Yeah, that'd be it. Sorry for the confusing language but just going off that passage I wasn't really sure to call them other than "big weird shooty ships", and having them compared to Acclimators in the text made me assume they had functional similarity.
>>
>>50570085

On the 'bombing civilians' front, the Allies were by far the worse villain. Civilian german casualties were immense, so were japanese. German civilian bombing was much less effective/widespread, and the japs didn't have as many targets to pick from.

>It's only because they made the hard choices then that you can sit there safe and sound and whine about them now.

They made shit choices. Their choices were politically and personally motivated, and had absolutely nothing to do with winning the war or my current safety or lack of it. That's the issue you seem incapable of understanding - if someone blows up a city during a war and doesn't materially help end the war, their actions cannot be defended by the argument of 'wartime necessity'.

Wartime necessity has it's own moral considerations and is far more grey in outlook, although it is still weighed by postwar tribunals/the world court. But if it is provably, materially unrelated to ending a war it doesn't even come under that - it's just straight up evil by the kind of sociopath who inevitably manages to climb the ladder of political or military power during any period of military or economic upheaval.
>>
>>50570082
>>50570143
there are also references to "Corellian Battleships" of unknown class in some old WEG stuff. I would guess them somewhere around the size of an old Victory, but somewhat less well armed and shielded, though perhaps slightly tougher
>>
>>50570164
But it DID materially effect the end of it, retard.
They surrendered within two weeks. With no conditions attached.
But this isn't the place for you to sperg about your distorted judgement of history.
Any more responses from you will just be reported and ignored.
>>
File: 1457979073728.png (2MB, 880x1173px) Image search: [Google]
1457979073728.png
2MB, 880x1173px
Can we not talk politics in /swg/ please?
>>
File: 50 Shades of Rey.jpg (49KB, 428x960px) Image search: [Google]
50 Shades of Rey.jpg
49KB, 428x960px
>>50570279
Yeah, let's talk slash fic!
>>
>>50570279
That is actually an awesome piece of marketing for Bloodlines.
>>
>>50570164
The Japanese committed genocidal raids against the island nations of the Pacific. They had plenty of civilian targets.
>>
File: iowa.jpg (116KB, 850x967px) Image search: [Google]
iowa.jpg
116KB, 850x967px
>>50570199
Speaking of Corellian battleships, what would you say are sensible stats for the Legacy comics-era equivalent of an Iowa-class? Pure BB. No starfighters, just a fuckton of guns.
>>
File: jLRJDUe.jpg (41KB, 605x807px) Image search: [Google]
jLRJDUe.jpg
41KB, 605x807px
>>50570101

Literally everything this guy says makes me vomit a little in my mouth. Classic New Yorker writer - not concerned with accuracy or knowledge, only with making himself appear sophisticated.

>>50569436

>Would Sil 5 be fine or would you prefer 4?

I haven't fully internalized 'how big' various silhouette sizes are. But smaller is probably better, given how i'm imagining it. I want it to feel like it barely would fit 5 people.

>Do any of your PCs pilot fighters or want to pilot fighters?

Nope. I was the only PC who wanted to fly fighter ships, and now I am GMing. There's a pilot/mechanic and potentially some more people with minor flying skills but no-one who has expressed any interest in snubfighters.

>Do you want extra weapons that don't work at first?

No real progression required. I always prefer to give players as much rope as I can so I can toss more things at them. There doesn't need to be 'a gun for every PC to fire', and 'what makes sense' > 'PCs being badass', but the ship should be complete in terms of it's capability when they get it. Learning to use it properly will be the 'increased capability'. Also changing ships/managing ships will be part of the campaign - this isn't going to be a 'you fly around in a ship' game, but one where ships are treated as resources.

>do you want quirks to be provided or do you want to come up with your own?

I'll handle the quirks narratively, so some ideas on what might be 'appropriate to happen' might help, but no specific mechanics required - they'll be more like 'the hyperdrive isn't working' or 'you can't interface the ship's computer with the port' than specific mechanical die roll effects.
>>
>>50570420
Legacy Comics Pellaeon-Tector equivalent? Fucked if I know.
>>
>>50570535
>Literally everything this guy says makes me vomit a little in my mouth. Classic New Yorker writer - not concerned with accuracy or knowledge, only with making himself appear sophisticated.
You seem angry that a respected journalist sees the prequels as they are- flawed, but still better than the OT.
>>
>>50570547
>better than the OT.
That's the biggest load of bullshit ever uttered.
Go fuck yourself with a years supply of New Yorker magazines.
>>
>>50570560
>That's the biggest load of bullshit ever uttered.
Not at all. The OT is grossly overrated, and the PT is grossly underrated.
>>
>>50570547

You seem angry that not everyone agrees with your opinion you posted a link to some blog writer agreeing with you about.

>>50570535

>it would probably have at least a bit of cargo space on account of just having to stay on station for extended periods of time, but I imagine it would be quite cramped inside

Even that i'd ideally like to be fairly limited. Like, you could stay on station for a bit, but there's room for enough food to do that and nothing else. I want players to have to confront the dreaded demon Logistics by using one ship to move stuff around in and another to go places where they might get shot at.
>>
File: 1454594233722.jpg (67KB, 441x705px) Image search: [Google]
1454594233722.jpg
67KB, 441x705px
>>50570547
>flawed, but still better than the OT

I really don't understand how people can have that opinion.

Even from the standpoint of acting and practical effetcs-vs-cgi
>>
File: MOS EISLEY.jpg (46KB, 700x301px) Image search: [Google]
MOS EISLEY.jpg
46KB, 700x301px
>>50570588
>Even from the standpoint of acting and practical effetcs-vs-cgi

Acting and dialogue is shit in the OT too.
>a death mark's not an easy thing too live with

CG isn't inferior. Just different.
>>
>>50570608
*to
whoops
>>
>>50570588

People have lots of stupid opinions. Especially on 4chan, a known hive of scum and villainy.

The worst part is the stupidest people are often the loudest, and the ones listened to by the studios.

Both my parents worked in the film industry - I don't. It's my firm opinion based on growing up on film sets that if a tiny minority of absolute fucktards would stop constantly shouting their awful view of what makes a good movie as loud as they can, we'd have roughly three times as many good movies. So many destroyed by studio-mandated script/movie edits, lack of funding that goes to awful movies instead, so on.
>>
>>50570618
>So many destroyed by studio-mandated script/movie edits
But that's the opposite of the prequels.
The prequels were independent films.
>>
>>50567063
>He's a hard-bitten Corellian vice cop
>She's a Selonian detective who can't get past the fatal mistake that haunts her

>They fight crime.

>And introducing the angry Drall CorSec captain who wants the case solved by the end of the week or its their badges on his desk.
>>
>>50570588
What you're seeing are the first generation of retards who are younger than the prequel trilogy.
Yes, they are underage b& and should be reported as such.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (82KB, 510x530px) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
82KB, 510x530px
>>50570608
>Acting and dialogue is shit in the OT too

Again, I can't understand how people can say the "acting and dialogue" in Episode 2 is good, unederrated, or better then any of the OT.

I'll give you this, the PT had great visual story-telling, and Ep1 gets more flak then it deserves - Ep3 has some great scenes, and all three movies had great music.

But Ep2 drags both down like a massive anchor, and its a movie I can't stand to watch, despite having the two best things in the PT in it (Dooku and Jango)
>>
>>50570669
>But Ep2 drags both down like a massive anchor
Only if you don't like the romance.
>>
>>50570649
I'm 20 tho.
>>
>>50570679
You were born the year Shadows of the Empire came out and would've been three when Episode 1 came out
>>
>>50570675
What romance? The horrible, fan fiction-tier dialogue that Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman read to each other?
That shit was fucking painful and neither one showed a single iota of emotion because George wouldn't let them because it's a bad director.
>>
>>50570628

The prequels were made by a guy being constantly praised and fawned over for a very long time and who mostly interacted with rabid fanboys - by definition not an unbiased audience. That the movies were not worse is a miracle of modern editing.
>>
File: 1452372349647.jpg (18KB, 233x253px) Image search: [Google]
1452372349647.jpg
18KB, 233x253px
>>50570675
>Only if you don't like the romance

I would've liked it better if it wasn't so cringey. It could've been better acted and better written. Not even a fault of Natalie Portman, because she is a good actress.

Hayden just came off as a super whiny emo with no charisma at all.
>>
>>50570675
>Only if you don't like the romance.

What exactly is to like about it. It's the worst 'romance' i've seen in any movie, possibly ever. And that includes things like Sex and the City.
>>
>>50570695
?
So what?

That's like saying anyone who was a kid when the OT came out can't judge them objectively.
>>
>>50570742
I don't judge them objectively. There was a time I fucking loved Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.

There are objective criteria that you can judge them by, but nostalgia for the shit you loved in your younger years can't totally be shut off. Because while Battle for Endor is pretty bad by multiple metrics, I still love it even if its kind of shit.

A lot of us old grogs hated the Prequels for a lot of reasons, some of them because Lucas got emotionally distant as a filmmaker and surrounded himself with yes men who couldn't/wouldn't reign in his impulses. Especially when the effects work was advancing rapidly, the design and sound team were spot on, and the setting was bursting with potential that would eventually be met with stuff like the games, shows, and books.

There's two generations of Star Wars fans that passionately love the version that they grew up with, and the occasional beefs they have with each other are kind of similar in nature.

And then in 5-10 years we'll both be able to gang up on TFA kiddies
>>
File: 1458051941321.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458051941321.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>50570927
>loved Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.
>loved
>past tense
>>
>>50570927
>>50570948
Yeah, those two movies are pretty good.
What's to hate, other than not being the intended audience?
>>
>>50570927
>emotionally distant as a filmmaker
I dunno, the prequels have their fair share of scenes hit me hard.
Maybe it is just a generational thing.
>>
File: charal transformation.gif (1MB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
charal transformation.gif
1MB, 268x200px
>>50570948
Puberty was weird enough as it was
>>
>>50571008
>I dunno, the prequels have their fair share of scenes hit me hard.
You must be mentally handicapped.
>>
>>50570948
>>50570981
One of these days I am going to watch those because I have always meant too.

If only because idly curiosity and Wilford Brimley.
>>
>>50571040
rude desu
>>
File: the wookening.gif (546KB, 440x335px) Image search: [Google]
the wookening.gif
546KB, 440x335px
>>50571032
Varies a lot by species.
>>
File: darth maul bisected.jpg (52KB, 800x340px) Image search: [Google]
darth maul bisected.jpg
52KB, 800x340px
>>50571040
To be fair, the PT does have some very emotional scenes. Palpatine's treason scene is guaranteed to brighten anyone's day. Dooku's duel with Yoda is guaranteed to make anyone angry. Anakin's romantic talk was a masterstroke in the art of cringe comedy. Obi-Wan's duel with Maul never fails to FORCE AS MY WITNESS, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF BAH GAWD.
>>
>>50570535
>>50570578
alright, so I'm thinking it WAS a two-man ship, but after removing the computer core and droid brains, combined with the formally larger cargo space, there's room for the now necessary crew of five, but it's cramped as hell.
Watch this space
>>50570420
Good question. I'll have to think about it
>>
>>50571139
I knew as I posted that someone would do this.
All of those scenes are great, by the way.
>>
>>50570139
I have a different of a deckplan for that ship that... while maybe not as realistic, I like better. I like the ladder for the blister cockpit, with low-ceilings below. There should probably be a cargo hold somewhere. And the gunwell isn't shown.

But I do think it makes sense that there's the extra edge of unusable space from your deckplan.

A combination of the two of them would be best, though.
>>
>>50566111
Fuck, I would love a TOR era sourcebook. Say what you will about the game, but that time period is amazing for tabletop.
>>
File: spam.jpg (1MB, 1308x4409px) Image search: [Google]
spam.jpg
1MB, 1308x4409px
>>50571139
You're this guy, right?
>>
>>50566246
And it had that ewok movie about the bitch that turned into a bird
>>
>>50571207
No, but you'll probably insist I am anyway.
>>
>>50571221
Damn, pretty defensive huh?
>>
>>50571207
Not gonna lie, I like that fight scene, I was happy to see Yoda drop the cane and fight.
>>
>>50571231
its 4chan. you either act defensive and get called an oversensitive faggot or don't and get called a liar. Either way you're going to engage in name calling and internet squabbling. Guess the writefage wanted to get called an oversensitive faggot rather than a liar today.
>>
>>50571207
lurk moar faggot.
>>
>>50571245
Me too, and I don't see why that's such an outlandish opinion.
>>
>>50571263
I don't understand it either, its Star Wars, and I like it. I love the good and the bad about Star Wars because its the setting I just absolutely love.
>>
>>50571263
The issue isn't about Yoda fighting. Seeing an accomplished Jedi Master roll up his sleeves is an exciting thing. It's just that the flippy Ataru shenanigans were a let-down compared to expectation of Yoda shutting Dooku down through sheer telekinetic prowess.
>>
>>50571245
>>50571263
Honestly, I hated it because it felt like it went completely against Yoda's "Wars not make one great" ethos. Like Yoda was such a next level ancient Jedi that he was beyond the need for a lightsaber. Seeing him throw down with Dooku with flips n shit felt wrong.

They should've saved Yoda fighting for his battle with Palpatine in the senate to show how desperate the situation had gotten
>>
>>50571139
I just threw up in my mouth. If that's what you call emotional, then you must be one of the knuckle-dragging mouth breathers that keep Micheal Bay employed.
>>
>>50570695
>>50571263
>>50571300
Fighting was alright. Bouncing around like a pinball was too much.

The old Jedi fight in TCW was better, or how I imagine the Silver Hoard in Pratchett would have been sweet.
>>
>>50571322
>Yoda shutting Dooku down through sheer telekinetic prowess.
They specifically Make a point to do that first.
And we do see the incredible scene of Yoda absorbing force lighting.

Only after that does Dooku say-
>it is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the force, but by our skill with lightsaber

I think you faggots are just impossible to please.
>>
>>50571329
>"Wars not make one great"
That came out of his experience in the Clone War.
The republic had been at peace his whole life unitl then.
>>
>>50571348
Real talk?

I hate everything they made Jedi into in the PT, they went from learned sages to Karate cops over night.
>>
>>50571354
>>it is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the force, but by our skill with lightsaber
And it should have been followed up with Yoda bitch-slapping him with the Force some more. Yoda's old as fuck. He doesn't have to take Dooku's shit.

>impossible to please
There were plenty of cool things in the prequels. The Yoda/Dooku duel, however, was not one of those.
>>
>>50571394
>missing the point
Luke was everythng that the old order wasn't.
Luke has attachments.
He saves them against the old wisdom, and theu become his strength.

Under Luke, a disaster like Anakin would not have happened.

Whole point of the saga.
>>
>>50571407
>was not one of those.
You're wrong, and that's okay.
>>
>>50571417
At least, that seems to be the case in legends, we have no idea what the nu canon is going to do with the Jedi and Lukes order.

Until Ben and his merry band of fuckwits kill all the new Jedi sans Luke
>>
>>50571436
Nu canon is irrelevant.
JJ already pissed all over ROTJ.
>>
File: 1480053357147.jpg (37KB, 614x612px) Image search: [Google]
1480053357147.jpg
37KB, 614x612px
>>50571424
And so are you, but PT arguments have been done to death, so I'm just going to stop arguing about it and talk about something else--how does one stat the Giant Amorphous Bantha Biscuit for EotE?

>>50571330
The post was facetious, anon. Calm down and actually read it first. I was poking fun at the PT.
>>
>>50571330
>can't detect sarcasm
autism
>>
>>50571140

Roger roger
>>
>>50571329
I agree with this 500%.

It could have been a real "oh shit, the saber's coming out!" moment. But instead, Lucas wasted that on Dooku of all things.
>>
>>50571641
Dooku was pretty cool in TCW.
Without that he's got basically no development.

Still agree.
Though they didn't need the old men to suddenly start jumping around like crazy. Have them always manage to just get out of the way.
No matter how fast the younger attacker was, the masters can parry or evade with the minimum necessary movement
>>
>>50571641
>It could have been a real "oh shit, the saber's coming out!" moment
It WAS.

If he waited till episode three, you guys would still call it shit and OOC and cartoony and blah blah blah blah.
>>
>>50571716
>Though they didn't need the old men to suddenly start jumping around like crazy.
The point is to contrast with Yoda's regular aged walk.
When he channels the force through himself he has youthful energy again.
>>
>>50571765
Because that was clearly explained, set up as possible before hand, or show to be what happened.
It didn't just look like the old man was secretly jumping monkey all along, unless you'd read material outside of the movies.
>>
>>50571822
>unless you'd read material outside of the movies.
WHat the hell?
How is that not evident?

It's simple logic.
With is the variable with agile Yoda vs regular Yoda?
The force.

I understood it as a fucking 6 year old.
>>
>>50571841
Its not like being the Grand Jedi Master of the entire order is context enough that Yoda would be incredibly strong and adept with the Force.
>>
>>50571868
What point are you trying to make?
Are you the same guy?
>>
>>50571886
No, I'm not that guy, I was agreeing with you that it isn't that hard to believe Yoda could do what he did in that fight.

I just poorly worded it.
>>
>>50571902
oh
no worries
>>
>>50566374

aren't those two ewok movies now canon?
>>
>>50571926
Please god no.
>>
File: Charal1.jpg (53KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
Charal1.jpg
53KB, 450x338px
>>50571926
I wish.

;_;

There are Night-sisters in it, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>50571841
That the force does that was never set up you dick.
Yoda was supposed to always be strong in the force from episode one, but he moves around with a cane.
Then he's a bouncy ball.
The force is never shown before to make people bouncy balls. Yoda had the force before but wasn't a bouncy ball.
There was no set up, no transition, no foreshadowing. Just suddenly we have a completely new character, Mr bouncy green ball.
>>
>>50571926
>>50571941
>>50571945
Interestingly EAfront actually included a Gorax lair complete with a giant spider scavenger (That stays in its little cave in the ceiling sadly, no monster battles for you) Near perfect replica of the movie one actually.
>>
>>50571950
Kek, why is everyone a screenwriter now?
Everything needs precedent, and Yoda doing that was the precedent for things like Sheev in TCW fighting Maul and Savage, Sheev fighting Mace, etc.

It wasn't set up because it WAS the set up.
>>
>>50571950
>The force is never shown before to make people bouncy balls
Right, things like Battle Meditation or Force Jumps have never been shown in the movies, nor have any Jedi been shown to have unnatural dexterity or reflexes before hand.
>>
>>50571950
Yeah, and the Force was never said to let you essentially have implied Telescopic vision.

Oh wait, we had multiple instances of these enhancement techniques in all of the Legends EU material.

The Force is space magic, and can do whatever it needs to be done. What is so hard to accept about this?
>>
File: 1172575010210.gif (5KB, 344x287px) Image search: [Google]
1172575010210.gif
5KB, 344x287px
>>50571950
>what is ESB and TPM force jumps/speed

At least make your shitposting good.
>>
>>50571950
>That the force does that was never set up you dick.
>Yoda was supposed to always be strong in the force from episode one, but he moves around with a cane.
>Then he's a bouncy ball.
>The force is never shown before to make people bouncy balls. Yoda had the force before but wasn't a bouncy ball.
>There was no set up, no transition, no foreshadowing. Just suddenly we have a completely new character, Mr bouncy green ball.
>>50571979
>>50571981
Yeah, Force jumps and speed were in the movies before Yoda combined them in a silly way.

Maybe having yoda take a deep breath, the soundtrack play a little force whistle, and his clothes levitate a bit would have helped the scene feel like he was taking in a vast amount of power to revitalize his aged body.
>>
>>50572014
>before Yoda combined them in a silly way.
I disagree.
You're just trying to save face now.

There's really nothing silly about it, relative to anything else in SW.
>>
>>50572014
>Maybe having yoda take a deep breath, the soundtrack play a little force whistle, and his clothes levitate a bit would have helped the scene feel like he was taking in a vast amount of power to revitalize his aged body.

>just like my animes
'no'
>>
>>50571990
>Legends EU
Not in the movies
>>50571979
If you're going to pull off bullshit straight out of your ass with no set up or need to use it in the future, at least don't half ass it.
Have them go full super sentei and transform into giant Mecha fighting over corescant.
>>
>>50572047
>no set up
see
>>50572008
>>
>>50572014
>Maybe having yoda take a deep breath, the soundtrack play a little force whistle, and his clothes levitate a bit would have helped the scene feel like he was taking in a vast amount of power to revitalize his aged body
But why? He's already got all the willpower and focus needed to do that kind of stuff burned into him. Hell, even normal Jedi can pull of absurd acrobatics without any kind of build up, and outside of the movies Kreia, Sion, and Nhilius are basically being held together with the force, and Nihilus', being a walking spiritual black hole, is the only one who needs any kind of charge up.
>>
>>50572014
>Maybe have any sort of set up or demonstration
What are you talking about, those things aren't needed.
The RPG books clearly stat the powers needed, anyone watching would just know what is happening.
>>
>>50572074
see
>>50572008

It has been previously established that there is no DBZ powerup scene needed.
>>
>>50572033
I was correcting him but trying to find a decent middle ground so he'd shut up.
>>50572039
>>50572074
>>50572085
I may have slipped a somewhat backhanded overly anime combinations of all the things in at once short of glowing. Though is till think a deep breath as he steeled himself may have been good.

Alternatively he starts meditating, a bit of a callback to Obi-Wan surrendering to Vasder, but when Dooku lashes out at him suddenly there's a lightsaber in his way and Yoda then starts bouncing around.
>>
>>50572055
>>50572085
Yes both those scenes clearly show old men moving at remarkable speeds.
Not jump being able to pull off single jumps.

Just like force pulling and pushing clearly sets up that master force users can create giant suits of armor from their surroundings and have a Mecha fight in the streets.
>>
>>50572120
Why are you trying to prove that something is bad by using a false equivalence?
A false equivalence that didn't even happen in SW, by the way.

Just accept the fact that the force granting superhuman agility had been in the movies since 1980.
>>
>>50572120
Qui-gon wasn't exactly young and he really booked it. Sure using it one jump after another wasn't shown on screen but there was no reason to think it wasn't possible to chain the jumps if you had an actual motive to do so.
>>
>>50572151
this
thank you
>>
>>50572151
He was played by Liam Neeson, who plays action heroes in movies where there is no space magic years after this.
The jump was magic, but the physicality is what you expect from Neeson in an action role
>>
>>50572236
Wow, you're really on your last legs here.
>>
>>50570669
You misspelled qui-gon twice, badly
>>
>>50571759
Not with Dooku. Dooku was a nobody by audience standards. He was introduced in the same movie that Yoda dueled him in, and summarily killed at the beginning of the next movie with precious little fanfare. Yoda bitch-slapping him with the Force would have established that Yoda is in his own league and doesn't need a lightsaber for the vast majority of situations, even a powerful ex-Jedi-turned-Sith-Lord.

All of these would have made Yoda taking out the lightsaber a HUGE impact. You'd still have to take out the flippy spinny shit, but once you've done that you've managed to really drive home to the audience that shit just got real.

But instead, the PT established that Yoda is a chump who uses his lightsaber so soon as he has to fight, just like any other Jedi. Being evenly matched in the Force with the villain of the movie instead of the whole damn series degraded him further.

It was just poorly done, man.
>>
>>50572249
b-buh Plinkett told me that Qui-Gon has no character!

You're right, of course. Mike likes TFA.
>>
>>50572236
Liam Neeson with his hair extra greyed up. Also I specifically mean the point in TPM where he goes full sanic to escape the destroyer droids.
>>
>>50572251
>who uses his lightsaber so soon as he has to fight
Again, you didn't match the movie.
Dooku challenged HIM to a duel, after they did indeed have a force battle.

>It was just poorly done, man.
nah

If you have a problem with Yoda, it should be that when we meet him in ESB, he's clearly much stronger than Luke, but he doesn't do shit to help the galaxy until Luke gets there.
>>
>>50572303
That's right. Yoda got into a fight, and the lightsaber came out, right after he FAILED to subdue Dooku with the Force. First fight, lightsaber. Yoda never once fought a single fight entirely with the Force, which completely undermines him as the powerful sage of the Force that was his character up to that point.

> If you have a problem with Yoda, it should be that when we meet him in ESB, he's clearly much stronger than Luke, but he doesn't do shit to help the galaxy until Luke gets there.

Because unlike Retarded Prequel Pinball, Yoda in the OT understands subtlety and how to guide instead of trying to solve everything with your glowing green dick.
>>
>>50572303
>but he doesn't do shit to help the galaxy until Luke gets there
No starship. And even if he did have a starship stashed somewhere, maintaining that thing in a swamp is probably going to be a bitch.
>>
>>50572346
>implying he can't bring down a ship whenever he wants

>the force has a strong influence on the weak minded
If he can sense people and events across the galaxy, he get bring down a ship.

>>50572333
>Because unlike Retarded Prequel Pinball, Yoda in the OT understands subtlety and how to guide instead of trying to solve everything with your glowing green dick.

How does doing nothing = subtlety???
>>
>>50572333
>which completely undermines him as the powerful sage of the Force
HOW

>the weapon of a Jedi
>Yoda is a Jedi

I don't get it.
>>
>>50572251
It really was. It also hammered home the idea of Yoda and Palpatine as equals, one the leader of a dead order of the Light Side and the other the leader of a forgotten order of the Dark Side. Yoda didn't need his saber. The Force was the only weapon he wanted.

Likewise, Palpatine makes it clear that he could kill Luke in a heartbeat with his saber if he wanted to, but he doesn't. Palpatine actively forgoes the use of a saber in most of the E.U. not just because of his incredible Force abilities, but because he'd rather corrupt you than kill you, even if the latter would be easier.

Yoda and Palpatine's reliance on the Force over lightsabers told you so much about their characters and made them even more badass. The PT ruined that by having them be typical lightsaber chumps.

Gotta say that Palpatine's performance in the PT was phenomenal though.
>>
Hey Shipfag, do you have the stats for the Imperial Light Cruiser and Hammerhead Corvette?
>>
>>50572382
>The PT ruined that by having them be typical lightsaber chumps.
see
>>50572377
>>
>>50572369
Oh, I'm sorry. I guess Yoda DIDN'T train Luke and give him the skills and wisdom necessary to become a Jedi and save the galax- No, wait, that was ANAKIN I'm thinking of. PT Yoda is the failure, actual Yoda saved the galaxy. Easy mistake.

>>50572377
>HOW

BY BEING TIED IN THE FORCE TO SOME RANDOM CHUCKLEFUCK WHOM THE AUDIENCE HAD JUST MET LESS THAN TWO HOURS AGO

LOOK I CAN SCREAM TOO

>>50572377
"The FORCE is my ally, and a powerful ally it is"
"Your weapons. You will not need them."

Unsurprisingly, both Obi-wan and Palpatine were not as advanced in their understanding of what it meant to be a Jedi as Yoda.
>>
File: absorption.png (1MB, 1366x578px) Image search: [Google]
absorption.png
1MB, 1366x578px
How is this not a demonstration of incredible non saber force skill?

This also sets up the non saber part of his battle with the Emperor, where this tecnique doesn't work because the Emperor is too strong.

Point is, you guys just bitch to bitch.
Yoda does fight without a Saber.
>>
>>50572396
Because it was implied that Yoda and Palpatine were so powerful that they didn't even NEED lightsabers.

Again shown with Palpatine, who subdues Luke, who had just fought down Vader and won, instantly with a single bolt of Force Lightning. Not even his fullest power. Only enough to make it as painful as possible.

Had Yoda fought at all, I imagine it would've gone the same way.

Lightsabers are Jedi weapons, yes, but Palpatine and Yoda were considered the two masters of the Force of their day. Their power was great enough that lightsabers were a mere toy compared to the Force powers they could unleash and command.

Yoda was the strongest Jedi of his time, many believe, and Palpatine was arguably the most powerful Sith to ever exist. It says a lot about them that neither of them cared for lightsabers much at all.
>>
>>50572454
>"The FORCE is my ally, and a powerful ally it is"
>"Your weapons. You will not need them."

These aren't said at the same time, and Yoda was talking about the cave.
Not defending against a real enemy.
>>
>>50572454
>>50572469
address this
>>50572457
>>
>>50572457
I think that maybe he should have pulled his saber out after Dooku started mixing the force and his own saber to block/cut up Yoda's projectiles.
>>
>>50572454
>Oh, I'm sorry. I guess Yoda DIDN'T train Luke and give him the skills and wisdom necessary to become a Jedi and save the galax- No, wait, that was ANAKIN I'm thinking of. PT Yoda is the failure, actual Yoda saved the galaxy. Easy mistake.
What?
That doesn't address why Yoda sat on his ass for 20 years.
>>
>>50572481
You're referring to the PT, which is your only source, which is notorious for dumbing down the concept of Jedi and Sith by packing in a million lightsabers into every dense scene.
>>
>>50572457
>How is this not a demonstration of incredible non saber force skill?

Because it didn't do anything. It didn't defeat Dooku, hell it took him a shitton of effort just to deflect the attack. Yoda tied in Force Strength with the Villain of the Movie instead of the Villain of the Series.
>>
>>50572507
What's he gonna do, solo the entire Empire?
>>
>>50572507
Might have something to do with being able to see the future.

Again, Real Yoda uses the FORCE to solve problems, not a fucking lightsaber.
>>
>>50572516
WHat are you talking about now?
I asked you to explain how this scene
>>50572457
Doesn't undermine your whole complaint.
>>
>>50572525
Help the rebellion.
Stop the Emperor since he has the force.
>>
>>50572525
That's probably what they expect him to do. More kung-fu flippy magic monks waving glowsticks around, that's what makes Star Wars great!
>>
>>50572527
>Real Yoda
So now we're saying that the prequels aren't real Star Wars?
>>
>>50572544
see
>>50572537

Or ANYTHING other than doing absolutely nothing.

If you go by EU, he could help combat the Emperor's battle meditation.
>>
>>50572521
>Yoda tied in Force Strength with the Villain of the Movie instead of the Villain of the Series.
read
>>50572457
>This also sets up the non saber part of his battle with the Emperor, where this tecnique doesn't work because the Emperor is too strong.
>>
>>50572545
If you haven't noticed, this guy is clearly one of the people who believes the prequels are irredeemable and should not exist.

At this point, you're not going to convince him and others who think like that, that Yoda using a lightsaber is a crime.
>>
>>50572574
I guess...
It will just always baffle me, the dislike for the prequels.
>>
>>50572584
I can understand a lot of the complaints against the Prequels, and I still believe the originals are better but they're not the worst thing in the world.

There is plenty of things worse than the Prequels.
>>
>>50572552
>Still saying he did nothing

Prequel babbies, ladies and gentlemen.

>>50572545
They were shit compared to the OT and fucked around the characterizations of the OT characters that appeared within.
>>
File: Screenshot (27).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (27).png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>50572599
I disagree.
The prequels are better than the OT.
The prequels are more internally consistent with each other than the OT is.

Also, this pic related in ANH is just so unforgivably contrived, and the fact that it is what allows the whole trilogy to happen just makes it that much worse.
>>
>>50572602
>>>50572552 (You)
>>Still saying he did nothing
>Prequel babbies, ladies and gentlemen.
My man, what's going on.
How can you argue that he did anything other than sit around for 20 years?

You just can't.
>>
>>50572628
I agree the prequels are more internally consistent, but I've never heard someone claim the PT is better than the OT, and I like the PT.

Also, I've seen this movie plenty of times over the course of my life and I just realized that Tatooinee isn't even in that shot and it looks like the escape pod is flying off into open space.
>>
>>50572657
>but I've never heard someone claim the PT is better than the OT, and I like the PT.
It shouldn't be such and odd thing to say.
They have a 50% better story at the cost of 20% worse execution.

It's a trade i'd make any day.
>>
>>50572677
I'm not going to claim I'm old, I've been a fan of Star Wars since I was a kid but even then I've only heard mostly vitriol being spewed out by the fans that Prequels are horrific garbage that should be destroyed.

Especially here on 4chan of all places, did I not expect to see someone say they believe them to be better. It's a nice change of pace.
>>
>>50572628
It underlines how rarely most people in the setting even think about droids. Which becomes a plot point in tons of stories.

And why WOULD they shoot it, hell, even if it had passengers, vader would want it intact so he could be absolutely certain the plans were on it, so if it can;t be tractored letting it fall to the planet is for the best.

But that takes too long to say.
>>
File: prequels.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
prequels.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>50572702
The tides have started to turn in the last year or so, i've noticed.
>>
>>50572712
But because they didn't shoot it, the Death Star was destoyed, so that logic is bunk.

If the exact same scene was in the prequels, you would call it shit.
>>
>>50572731
And? Vader wanted to be certain, completely destroying the pod would be a bad idea, just shooting a hole in it would be a risky gambit but potentially worth it if they knew there were people inside who could have booked it with the plans once it touched down.

And they just didn't really consider droids because they were so looked down on. Hell, that's even internally consistent with TCW and Rebels, a droid is going to be overlooked as background noise.
>>
>>50572786
That's all irrelevant though, because since they (stupidly) didn't shoot it, the rebels ended up getting the plans, and it fucked them.
>>
>>50572809
If they shot it Vader would have been pissed because he could not definitively say he'd recaptured the plans, and there would be a chance that the entire Tantive was a .

And by destroying the pod those gunners would have made it impossible to draw a conclusion.

And if they just put a hole in it that wouldn't kill droids who don't need air.
>>
>>50572848
Let's look at the situation.
They have just overtaken the ship that has the plans on it, and a pod without life forms launches.

Simple logic says to shoot it down.
Waiting to get it on the surface is stupid, because the droids could (and did) escape first.
>>
>>50572872
>Simple logic
No, post facto logic.
You're reasoning from results that happened after the decision.
Post facto logic is a fallacy
>>
>>50573012
Not at all, assuming that the empire has ever tried to track a droid from the surface before.
And if protocol if to not shoot down droids, it's likely they have.
>>
Is there anything you guys can recommend I read regarding the New Sith Wars? I've already checked Wookieepedia but I'm looking for whatever info I can find. Particularly ships and vehicles but anything works.
>>
>>50572872
THat they SUSPECT has the plans on it, destroying something in space, leaving no way to verify if it has the plans or not leaves uncertainty around the project's security.

The idea of droids being willful enough to override their "Life pods for organics ONLY" programming did not occur to a rigid imperial mind.
>>
>>50573289
>The idea of droids being willful enough to override their "Life pods for organics ONLY" programming did not occur to a rigid imperial mind.
kek
>>
>>50573223
I've always considered the New Sith Wars the freest time period to set a story in, since we know pretty much JACK SHIT about it other than the very end.

As for ships, my headcanon is they've got in-between KOTOR-era designs and PT era designs
>>
File: well that's cool.jpg (114KB, 1281x550px) Image search: [Google]
well that's cool.jpg
114KB, 1281x550px
so newest little tv spot has the Ghost popping up in Rogue One. Good idea or bad idea?
>>
>>50573415
Confirmed as the Ghost or is it just a randoom VCX?
>>
File: 80SithWar.jpg (71KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
80SithWar.jpg
71KB, 600x386px
>>50573403
Even Mandos are in on the inter-time period stuff. The one in the foreground has Crusader armor, while the one riding the Lagartoz is wearing Modern armor
>>
>>50573440
I smell time travel.
>>
>>50573415
>>50573431
Pablo's twitter is outright haunted by ghost questions that he will not answer beyond telling people to wait.
>>
>>50573431

I mean, it's a VCX next to a hammerhead cruiser - if it's not the Ghost, it's some motherfucker trying very hard to make the Empire believe this is Phoenix Squadron.
>>
So, in the vein of the scene in Empire where the Falcon lands in the exomorph, crossed with Alien, crossed with Cthulhu, with reference to the "That's no moon..." scene in ANH...

...I want to introduce the following scenario to my players:

They're in the midst of a jump. Their hyperdrive cuts out because of an unexpected gravity well, and they're assuming it's an interdictor cruiser. Instead, they find a strange planetoid directly in their path that doesn't show up on any charts.

Presumably, they'd land on it to check it out.

Upon setting foot on the planetoid, they'd find out that the ground is slightly sticky, but underneath feels like layered, hardened flimsiplast. It's truly bizarre.

Once they've explored enough, the ground shakes.

At this point, they realize that something is weird. The surface is warm to the touch. The ground shakes again. Idon'tlikethis.gif

The players begin running back to their ship, but a giant chasm appears as the ground begins ripping apart! Roll to jump over!

They get back aboard the ship and take off, as the planetoid crumbles and opens, revealing a dozen giant insectoid/spider-like space creatures.

thatsnomoon.jpg
killitwithfire.midi

How fucked is this? Will my players love me, or ban me from GMing ever again?
>>
>>50573637
>hey, that fleet group heading to support the Rogue group stealing the death star plans is a little light on ships.
>yeah, its a problem, but what can ya do?
>well, I was thinking, we do have a hammerhead on loan from Phoenix squadron. I think we could secure a VCX-100, mod it a tiny bit, and have the empire think Phoenix Squadron is sitting and waiting to jump in.
>Janson, get to your fucking fighter and quit tossing out crazy ideas
and so Janson's true ingenuity wouldn't be discovered until the New Republic was firmly established and he could help support a squadron that would do crazy off the wall shenanigans for a little gain.
>>
>>50573719
More like
>>well, I was thinking, we do have a hammerhead on loan from Phoenix squadron. I think we could secure a VCX-100, mod it a tiny bit, and have the empire think Phoenix Squadron is sitting and waiting to jump in.
>Phoenix Squadron? What, are you trying to make the Empire die of laughter?
>>
>>50573719
>>50573739

>"You ever flown with Phoenix Squadron, Janson?"
>"No, but I've heard some stories from some of the guys in my unit..."
>"Reborn in flames ain't just an expression. Now get in the kriffing fighter."
>>
>>50573794
>Inb4 all of the dead Bothans in RotJ turn out to be Phoenix mooks
>>
>>50573403
That's kind of what I had arrived at. I know that during this period the Republic is still using the Hammerhead-Class but other than that I"m not entirely sure. I'm really trying to find out what kinds of freighters and star fighters there are considering that's what my party would primarily be using.
>>
File: starwars55_lg.jpg (439KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
starwars55_lg.jpg
439KB, 1280x1024px
>>50573993
Freighters and starfighters, eh?

Well, apparently Aurek fighters are still in use.
The New Sith Wars section on the Republic Navy wook page has little non-Jedi exclusive stuff. I can't seem to find a single freighter/corvette sized ship for the era, unfortunately.

I think the closest you're gonna get is using TOR ships...better than nothing, right? I mean, if Hammerheads and Aureks are good enough to use for several thousand years, who's to say some other designs aren't?
>>
File: 0.jpg (1MB, 1149x668px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
1MB, 1149x668px
>>50574267
Forgot to mention Mandalorian designs. Lictor-class ships are even used in Imperial times. Maybe their designs are as durable as their armor. You could get away with Q-carriers, maybe?
>>
>>50574267
There were gunships that were basically LAAT/i in the Knight Errant comic which was the conflict shortly BEFORE the brotherhood of darkness formed.
>>
>>50570981

>>50574267
>>50574300
>>50574348

Thanks bros, appreciate the info.
>>
>>50573703
>exomorph
Exogorth?
>>
>>50575182
Going to kick up a new thread
>>
>>50572702
>It's a nice change of pace.
No, it's an invasion of underage fuckspigots.
Thread posts: 391
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.