[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some really cheap wargames to get into? As in, ones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: poor-monopoly-dude.jpg (19KB, 279x300px) Image search: [Google]
poor-monopoly-dude.jpg
19KB, 279x300px
What are some really cheap wargames to get into? As in, ones that don't cost an arm and a leg to buy an army or two.
>>
>>50556501
The ones that use dollar store army men and free rules
>>
Original Kings of War. It's kind of shit but it's cheap.
Otherwise anything with chinese recasts.
>>
>>50556501
I can always recommend Hordes of the Things

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hordes_of_the_Things_(wargame)
>>
Most good skirmish games.

Play some Infinity, or Malifaux, or even some of the campaign ones like This is Not a Test. I'd say Frostgrave, but that game's really garbage for it's general popularity.
>>
You can run paper tokens instead of miniatures if You want to play with friends
Also chit&shit games arent expensive
>>
>>50556501
How cheap is cheap?

Normally I'd recommend Dystopian Wars or Firestorm Armada. Dystopian Wars battle fleet boxes are great, c.£50 for around 1000 points worth of ships, which is quite a high points value for DW. Firestorm Armada you can get a patrol fleet box for c.£40. Patrol fleets are just the minimum you need to play a game- generally a battleship, a full squadron of cruisers and a full squadron of frigates. Then reinforcement boxes for more cruisers, destroyers, dreadnoughts, carriers etc are all about the £20 mark and you don't need many to have a sizeable fleet.

Although really the cheapest I can think of is doing Bolt Action in 15mm. I was comparing the cost of a 1000 point list (the standard game size) between 28mm and 15mm. In 28mm it'd cost £120 for all the models from a variety of suppilers. In 15mm it'd cost £36 from Peter Pig (and a Zvezda tank) which would also get you plenty of spares if you wanted to expand.
>>
>>50556501
X-wing is decently cheap. Depending on what ships you go for you could get a starting box and enough ships for full rebel and empire lists for about 100$
>>
>>50556501
If you haven't met a 40k group that lets you refluff army men, you haven't met a good one.
>>
>>50560681
the games workshop near me that opens for like 5 minutes a year allows that cause nobody here is rich enough to buy their garbage
>>
>>50560736
Kekus Maximus.
>>
>>50556501
Any wargame is cheap if you use pirated PDFs and Counts-As Tokens.
>>
>>50556501

Anything hex and chit. You know, real wargames.
>>
Any wargame can be cheap if you use sheets of lazily torn and folded paper with shitty drawings on them in place of miniatures. Some games allow for this in the rules and often even include pages to photocopy for this purpose such as Battletech.
>>
Guild Ball

You need six figures for a full team and little to nothing in the way of terrain

There are even official paper minis and free rules from the website
>>
Malifaux is pretty cheap. For a full crew you can get started for under $100. Collecting all the models is addictive thought.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.