[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT post older than dirt cliches you still genuinely enjoy >The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 92

File: Shadar_Logoth.jpg (584KB, 1268x847px) Image search: [Google]
Shadar_Logoth.jpg
584KB, 1268x847px
ITT post older than dirt cliches you still genuinely enjoy

>The ruins of the once great city of the powerful ancient empire
>>
>>50553997
Delving into crypts or tombs.
>>
>>50553997
>One of the characters was once a villain/terrible person, but is trying to put that life behind him and become a better person. While he tries to run from his past, he is only able to conquer himself and move on when he accepts who he was and what he did and make peace with it.

I probably like it so much because it's been the story of my life since I was 22. I'm trying every day to not be the shitty person I once was, and I've had to make peace with it in order to do so.
>>
Character if necessary give himself a huge power boost at a terrible cost.
>>
The boy is actually a girl in disguise.
>>
File: 1420148382749.gif (109KB, 209x193px) Image search: [Google]
1420148382749.gif
109KB, 209x193px
>The villain's second-in-command is undoubtedly loyal to the cause but honorable to a fault, treating the heroes with courtesy and respect even as they fuck shit up
>>
File: manly tears were shed.jpg (20KB, 448x284px) Image search: [Google]
manly tears were shed.jpg
20KB, 448x284px
>>50553997
>wounded companion stays behind to hold off the enemy
>>
>>50553997
>Good guys and previous antagonists team up to defeat usurper antagonist.
>>
Ninjas.
>>
>>50554394
Its especially fun when the bad guy insists it changes nothing. Or even better "Nobody gets to kill you, but me."
>>
File: war_never_changes.jpg (75KB, 387x1106px) Image search: [Google]
war_never_changes.jpg
75KB, 387x1106px
EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED

NOTHING HAS CHANGED
>>
>>50553997
>the ruins of an ancient civilization more advanced than anything which exists today
>its ruins hold great power, but also great danger
>>
>>50553997
>>The ruins of the once great city of the powerful ancient empire
Mah negro amigo.
>>
When the veteran forces the PCs to flee by cutting them off, leaving himself to fight/die against the villain. i.e. locking them inside of the fleeing carriage
>>
>>50553997

When the heroes finally defeat the big bad, and he simply turns to them and says "I was only trying to help" revealing a far worse big bad
>>
>the real villain was actually your guide/companion the whole time

>>50554153
>>50554288
love these
>>
>>50553997
>vaguely arabian themed cities having an incompetent king and a possibly evil vizier that may or may not also be a sorcerer
>>
>>50555253
and i forgot to mention that the vizier is actually doing all the real work to keep the city functioning while the kind fucks around doing dumb kind shit
>>
>the hero and antagonist actually care for each other and though they set it aside for their own duties they never stop caring, leading to easy team ups, redemption/corruption, or a bittersweet parting as the fallen wishes the victor well
>>
>the incompetent fool on the team is actually the most powerful out of all of them
>>
>the 'villain' is actually just an ambitious person with different values then the hero
>>
>>50553997
>the disgraced or disposed prince who goes on an adventure
>snarky gods
>>
>>50553997
Character screams to go even further beyond.
>>
>the joke character with the stupid power is outrageously OP when mad, has a forbidden secret technique he never uses, or otherwise manages to fuck shit up.
>>
>>50553997
>The villain's group holds deep respect for each other
>One of the heroes is related to a villain
>Romantic relationship between two impossible lovers
>"You are not alone" speech to the heroes, where the people they helped rally to their cause
>Clever old martial arts master is leagues more badass than his appearance would give off
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 333x250px
>The mundane character gains a power boost that lets him temporary outshine everyone else, even if it's for a single session/episode/chapter.
>>
File: Willow_Season_7.jpg (45KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
Willow_Season_7.jpg
45KB, 480x600px
>The previously purely support character just there to be "the smart one" becomes more powerful than any of the other characters through magical/technological means.
>>
File: TDKR.jpg (171KB, 1900x900px) Image search: [Google]
TDKR.jpg
171KB, 1900x900px
>old hero(es) come out of retirement
>>
In the dead world, there is a vault that can turn this place into a paradise.
>>
File: IMG_6587.jpg (113KB, 810x987px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6587.jpg
113KB, 810x987px
>>50553997
>the villain and hero are forced to work together against a mutual foe
>after defeating the greater evil the hero is momentarily in a position of vulnerability but the villain lets it go
>next time we meet I will show you no mercy
>>
>>50554288
>>50554394
>>50555221
>>50558116
>>50558296
I like these.

>you all find yourselves in a tavern...
>>
I like death knights, or any sort of fallen paladin trope.

I've come to realize that they're nowhere near as cool or deep as my edgy 16-year-old self thought playing WOTLK but I still love the style, love undeath, love the darkness turning against itself.
>>
>>50555287
That is also one I quite like. Here, from the previous thread.

>Shift looking Grand Vizier to the King. Doesn't trust the party and wants them removed. Tall and thin with a goatee. Has a staff carved like a snake he walks with and leans on. Always seen talking quietly into the Kings ear every council meeting. Doesn't blink very often.

Turns out he just doesn't trust foreigners or mercenaries or your band of merry foreign mercenaries. He has a goatee because they were all the style fifty years ago and he isn't changing his look now. He walks with a stick because he has a club foot you insensitive bastard, stop drawing attention to it. No he doesn't know why it's carved like a snake. Kings grandfather gave it to him decades ago and he never thought to ask. Doesn't blink very often because he's watching what your doing with your hands you shifty foreign twat. Always whispering to the king because it's a big Kingdom with a million things going on at once and the King can't be expected to remember every little thing and needs reminding. Sure vizier Snake-looking-old-man might be the power behind the throne for the last 60 years, kingdom has prospered.
>>
>the BBEG was actually the chosen one all along and the only one who can defeat an even greater enemy

>the heroes of this world become the gods of the next one

>the heroes of the last campaign become the villains in the new one

>the attractive female companion reveals she actually has powers or much greater abilities when her male companion gets struck down
>>
File: mbison.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mbison.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>The villain's right hand is even crazier than the villain themself
>killing the villain would put the nutjob in charge and make the situation even worse
>>
>>50559007
>the fallen paladin starts to remember who he was but tragically uses that power against the party, unable to overcome his corruption
Instant raging hardon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
>>
>>50558095
yeah but the later seasons of buffy sucked.
>>
File: pobrane.jpg (6KB, 160x233px) Image search: [Google]
pobrane.jpg
6KB, 160x233px
>>50559720
>>
>>50559924
>>
>>50559367
This is my jam
>>
any evil team has the following members
>sneaky master manipulator
>honourable but ruthless fanatic
>Destructive psychopath
>calculating schemer
>leader whose main job is stopping the others from killing each other
>>
>>50559751
Such a good fucking track
>>
>Blinded by avarice the dwarves delved too deep and awoke an ancient evil.
>>
>>50560205
How do you feel about

>Younger prince has no charisma and is weedy and weird, 2nd in line for throne constantly overshadowed by his charismatic handsome older brother whom everyone loves. Younger prince has a room full of strange books, some of them in foreign languages. Has a big map of the capital city on his wall with points marked out in pins and string. Maps of the country with lines drawn across them and strange symbols. Clandestine meetings with strange people from the lower social orders at odd hours in seemingly random locations.

Younger prince is designing sewers for the capital city, aqueducts, roads, bridges and large scale irrigation systems. He doesn't want to rule the kingdom. He wants to make it worth being ruled. His father will never invest in any of it. His brother probably won't. Maybe his nephew one day will, but probably not. He doesn't have access to the royal treasury to do so. He makes these designs knowing it's all so pointless.
>>
>>50560251
>any evil team has the following members
>>sneaky master manipulator
Half-dragon sorceror.
>>honourable but ruthless fanatic
Human fighter/antipaladin
>>Destructive psychopath
Wood elf druid
>>calculating schemer
Warforged artificer
>>leader whose main job is stopping the others from killing each other
Dragonborn warlock
>>
File: Jeanne d'Arc.jpg (87KB, 564x837px) Image search: [Google]
Jeanne d'Arc.jpg
87KB, 564x837px
>Enormous tank of a knight finally removes helmet to reveal delicate face of a lady.
>Character never speaks due to vow of silence but has something important to say in time of need.

Always been partial to women (and men) in bulky armor/clothes, it keeps both my dick and heart beating hard, I don't know why.
>>
>>50560781
>Younger prince is designing sewers for the capital city, aqueducts, roads, bridges and large scale irrigation systems. He doesn't want to rule the kingdom. He wants to make it worth being ruled. His father will never invest in any of it. His brother probably won't. Maybe his nephew one day will, but probably not. He doesn't have access to the royal treasury to do so. He makes these designs knowing it's all so pointless.

Different anon, but that is very good. I think I understand what you aiming for: "total innocence of suspected individual) but I would nevertheless add a bit intigue/hook for players. Younger prince don't want to rule, he knows that responsibilities would make him tired and would leave almost no time for his precious projects. He still wants to see his projects build, for people sake and for his own personal fulfilment. He is scheming on court to get founding.
>>
> The Five Kingdoms:

- The Blue LG noble, shining paladin kingdom (Very militaristic and somewhat theocratic, strict adherence to tradition and zero social mobility for the peasants enforced by the knightly families)

- The Red LE nazi, tyrannical kingdom (Has the biggest, necromancer-supported army, full of deadly decadent courts, has some vampiric feudal lords, peasants are the playthings of the nobility, and is always on the verge of war with the shining paladin kingdom)

- The Green CG semi-civilized, horselord, closer to nature kingdom (Much of its population still follows The Old Faith, this garners the distrust and open disapproval of the shining paladin kingdom)

- The Purple N mercantile, guild-controlled kingdom (much of its army is composed of mercenary companies, biggest naval power, money, money, money, despised by the shining paladin kingdom, distrusted by the horselord kingdom and good trade relations with the nazi kingdom)

- The White LN scholarly, peaceful, utopical, magitechnologically advanced kingdom (The smallest, although golem-supported army, highest quality of life for the average citizen thanks to magitech, despised by the horselord kingdom for being "weaklings", good relations with the shining paladin and mercantile kingdoms, distrusts the nazi kingdom)

Not a cliche per se, but full of cliches I like.
>>
>>50554123
I want the opposite.
>>
>>50561256
Yes. The other one is

>King is a good statesman and diplomat but a lousy husband and useless father. Queen has been spending more and more time with her Knight Champion, a dashing and handsome man who is the heart throb of half the royal court. He is never not by her side and they share many sideways glances and half concealed smiles. All the court is gossiping. King hires The Party to investigate the rumours of infidelity.

Sir Squarejaw is just a friend and confidant. All those hours they spend alone together when the king is out on state visits and such? She's trying to teach him how to knit. They have no sexual interest in each other and so far as The Party can find out Sir Squarejaw is a celibate virgin with no sex drive. Court gossip is baseless twaddle. The Queen has never been less than faithful.
>>
>>50561379
Isn't this just Act 1 of The Winter's Tale?
>>
>>50561506
Is it? I've never read it and have only heard of it because I just googled it. I'm not a fan of Shakespeare.
>>
>>50554123
Even better
>Everyone else thought she was in disguise
>She wasn't, this is just how she normally acts
I don't know what would be a better reaction, bitter acceptance or outrage.
>>
>>50559720
Get out of here /pol/
>>
File: Warlord08covJusko.jpg (131KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Warlord08covJusko.jpg
131KB, 600x900px
I will always love heroes rescuing beautiful damsels in distress, especially if there's romance involved.
Bonus points if the damsel is half-naked and restrained.
>>
File: 1475428068662.png (1MB, 953x684px) Image search: [Google]
1475428068662.png
1MB, 953x684px
> The ancient relic on display in the holiest part of the temple is a sony walkman or game boy or something like that.
>>
>>50553997
>the princess is cute but haughty
>>
>Extremely old mentors who bound their souls in objects

Especially in books.
>>
>>50561566
It pretty much is, yeah. King Leontes becomes obsessed by the thought that his wife is sleeping with his best friend, King Polixenes, who has been visiting in his kingdom for nine months. Unfortunately for Leontes' state of mind, the Queen Hermione has also, coincidentally, been pregnant for about the same amount of time.

Spoilers follow: Leontes orders his closest confidant to assassinate Polixenes, but the advisor, being a nobleman who is assured of Polixenes's innocence and Leontes's madness, instead flees with him to Polixenes's kingdom. Taking this as further evidence of her guilt, Leontes orders the Queen jailed, sends for the Oracle to determine if she is innocent, and in the meantime accuses her publically of being a harlot anyway. When the baby is born, Leontes orders that it be abandoned in the wilderness of Polixenes's kingdom. At the trial, the testimony of the Oracle declares unambiguously that the child is Leontes's and that Hermione never did anything wrong. Leontes's son dies as he is cursed by the gods for initially refusing to believe the Oracle, and Hermione herself dies of despair on hearing the news. This leaves Leontes desolate, without a Queen or an heir. Acts 4 and 5 are about the abandoned child princess, Perdita, who was naturally rescued from predators by a shepherd who happened to be in the area.

>I'm not a fan of Shakespeare.
And this is how I know you're a pleb. If you haven't read any of it since High School, I suggest you give him another shot.
>>
>>50561262
I like this anon
>>
>>50556109
Had this happen to my fighter while playing The Last Gods. Throughout the campaign everyone gave him shit for being "Just a dude with a sharp stick".

Come Xenxarck's anti-magic field, and the druid, the cleric, the demon-hunter and the ninja are all up at shit's creek because all their AC bonuses are suddenly gone, and they don't have their supernatural/magical/divine tricks to carry them against the cloud giant.
>>
File: 1424682667549.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1424682667549.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>50562032
Gotta give the classics credit.
>>
File: 1365857483054.png (616KB, 973x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1365857483054.png
616KB, 973x1053px
>>50553997
>Ancient Empire is literally Rome
>>
>>50561915
>I suggest you give him another shot.

You make the assumption I have not.

In school we did Romeo and Juliet. I read Macbeth some years after leaving. I found no enjoyment in it.
>>
>>50560746
>the dwarves thought they were digging down but instead they dug upwards under the streets of the capital, awakening an ancient non-aggression treaty
>>
>>50561235
>Character never speaks due to vow of silence but has something important to say in time of need.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD4l8wpbrRI
>>
>>50553997
>>50554027
Ruins and dungeons are my favorite things PnP wise.

>>50554153
This one is great. The Shego-complex is also good. (Side-kick is more badass than the villain, and have some different views)
>>
>>50561879
Did this once. Old mentor was evil and used this method to overwrite other people with his own mind/soul.

The party really wished they'd invested in Will saves after that.
>>
>>50553997
>Defeated BBEG's minion joins your cause
>>
>>50553997
>The ruins of the once great city of the powerful ancient empire

When you start at the top there's nowhere to go but down

This is my favorite of all time.
>>
>>50559808
Willow was the best girl
>>
>Mooks are actually competent and a threat

Should be more prevalent desu
>>
File: tumblr_n9pl0m325S1tezx92o1_1280.png (362KB, 567x482px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9pl0m325S1tezx92o1_1280.png
362KB, 567x482px
>>50557474
>Rock Lee vs. Kimimaru
>Guy vs. Madara
>>
I'm fond of cults and cultists. Ones that want to bring about the end of the world I've always found kind of boring, but cultists in general are really cool and you can do a lot with them.

>>50563274
Yeah, those were great role playing games, right?
At least PRETEND what you're talking about fits the subject matter, for heaven's sakes.
>>
Having a party of cynics with one optimist who gradually shifts their worldviews with unyielding positivity
>>
>>50563274
>>Guy vs. Madara
Guy didn't learn anything new for that fight. His first appearance hinted that he was a badass from Sasuke inner monologue.
>This idiot is faster than Kakashi
>>
>>50559946
I laughed
>>
>>50559946
"If you take Trump away, I'm gonna electrocute every gay"
>>
>>50563324
take the immovable rod out of your ass, buddy
>>
The bosses of two opposing factions are secretly related/a couple and everything is just a drawn out, complicated plan to achieve something that isn't immediately obvious.
>>
>the local gangs are the real power in the area
>their leader, while a bit pitiless, is nevertheless a better model of competence and chivalry/honor that the actual authority figure
>>
File: Strike Back Legacy.gif (998KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
Strike Back Legacy.gif
998KB, 500x240px
My personal favorite
>After beating the BBEG the daemonic/spiritual/mind-controlled forces in the area continue fighting, but it is less coordinated and ten times the chaos vs the fight to get to the boss
>the heroes have to fight their way out, now low on supplies and wounded

Also:
>Fight into BBEG Lair
>weak mobs
>Beat 2nd in command
>Defeat the BBEG
>castle is crumbling
>2nd in command tries to fight you again, trying to take you with the castle and his lord out of a twisted sense of loyalty

Guess I'm a sucker for post climax action
>>
>>50561379
>A Princess has been taken by a dragon, and the King has promised her hand to the man who frees her.

The Princess acquired a magical ring that let her control dragons and faked her own kidnapping in order to build an army of dragons and claim by force the throne that she sees as her birthright, but that she is unlikely to receive due to the traditions of the kingdom. She will be known as the Dragon Queen of Fire and Death, mighty and terrible, or her brothers will rule nothing but ashes.
>>
>ITT concepts that don't translate will into games
>>
File: ou2utv.jpg (36KB, 552x380px) Image search: [Google]
ou2utv.jpg
36KB, 552x380px
>>50565756
But it is fun
>>
>>50565756
Mostly because players would ruin it in some way, but somewhere out there, anon, are people who it will work on; Won't it be glorious to be the one who seeded the notion?
>>
>>50565756
Players are vicious little shits. It's not the GMs fault that we will ruin any heroic sacrifice, murder the good Prince, and drop a fireball on the twisty advisor just because he has a goatee
>>
>>50553997
>The King take to the field of battle and hands the enemy their collective asses.

Despite the rest of it, The Master of Mankind's portrayal of the Emperor going to town on the Daemons was no doubtedly Awesome.
>>
>The villain was once a hero who fell from grace for one reason or another
>There is still some trace of the good person that they once were in them, but they consider themselves too far gone
>>
>Collect all the mcguffins to attain a team based super power
>>
>>50570316
>One of the boons is to know what the others are feeling
>There is a Bard in the party.
>>
>>50570346
I hope it doesn't involve sex
>>
>>50570434

nope, just parties
>>
>>50570434
>The bard is constantly consumed by how much he loves everyone in his party and just how grateful he is that he could meet them, he truly would give his life for his team mates.
>>
>>50561235
>>Enormous tank of a knight finally removes helmet to reveal delicate face of a lady.

That's not a cliche, anon. I literally cannot think of a single instance of that ever happening in any fantasy medium.
>>
>>50570804

Game of thrones. Although I would not say delicate. Also, in the .Hack games one of the characters is a dorky little nerd in a fuckhuge set of armor.
>>
>>50570804
>I am no man

Maybe not in fucking huge armor, but the concept does exist. Éowyn from LotR being an example.
>>
File: nanoha-movie-large.jpg (2MB, 4090x2891px) Image search: [Google]
nanoha-movie-large.jpg
2MB, 4090x2891px
>An ancient civilization advanced so far that it somehow destroyed itself, leaving behind artifacts of incredible power
>bonus points if they use the term "logia" or more specifically "lost logia"
>>
>>50553997
A few weeks ago I literally reread the The Magician's Nephew just for the bit where they visit the ancient dead city.

>>50562124
personally I like it far more when the Ancient Civilisation bears no resemblance to any real culture. Makes it more mysterious.
>>
File: 1480835525225.jpg (60KB, 932x767px) Image search: [Google]
1480835525225.jpg
60KB, 932x767px
>Small farm town kid goes on a wild adventure
The best shit
>>
>>50553997
>The ancient fallen civilization has a hidden superweapon that must be recovered
>>
File: 1477690208487.png (387KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477690208487.png
387KB, 500x500px
>>50559946
>>50563682
>tfw bi
>>
File: wowtcgsisterrot580.jpg (42KB, 580x287px) Image search: [Google]
wowtcgsisterrot580.jpg
42KB, 580x287px
>>50553997
>Magic corrodes you, mind body and soul if you are not careful with it.
>>
>>50553997
>The most powerful eldritch evil is defeated by human stubbornness, ingenuity, and sheer audacity
>Horrible threats bring out the best in people
>Horrible threats bring humanity together
>Almost everyone is capable of redemption no matter how vile
>Some people just choose to be evil, no sad backstory required
>Random average Joe/Jane gets pulled into an adventure and when given the chance becomes a true hero.
>>
>>50553997
>Mentor using the forbidden sacrificial technique to protect his wards
>>
>>50553997
>Someone gives a rousing speech when it seems that all is lost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5_Bc8ixvv8
>>
>>50553997
I don't really consider this a cliche since this was a HUGE part of the european middle ages
>>
>>50571917
You and me both, brother. You and me both. I'm just waiting for the electro-shock squadrons to come and kick my door in. It'll be a hell of a way to go, if nothing else.
>>
>>50561862
Gulf war gameboy.
Still fuckin plays tetris too
>>
>The typically meek, non-violent character gets pushed a bit too far, causing them to snap and wreck shit.
>>
>>50553997
>>The ruins of the once great city of the powerful ancient empire
>all their ancient mysterious technology is powered by crystals

Unrelated
>the main villain has four generals, each with their own gimmick and specialty

>>50554153
I fucking love this one. Rubicante in Final Fantasy IV is my favourite example of this. He was disgusted by Dr. Lugae's chimeras and inhumane treatment of prisoners, he fought Edge one-on-one but left him alive, and he would always heal your party to full HP and MP before he fought you.
>>
>>50565014
one of my faves as well
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (367KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
367KB, 2560x1600px
>>50553997
Humanity is contagious, and good aligned previously aloof emotion free higher beings tend to get infected with it
>>
File: nv1zlMF5.png (920KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
nv1zlMF5.png
920KB, 1600x900px
>insanely powerful psychic children/teens
Oh baby
>character reaches a power level so high that they no longer speak or show emotions
OH BABY
>>
>>50572424
What's a good example of this?
>>
>>50572621
Not the anon who posted that, but Spock occasionally showed glimmers of "Kirkiness".
>>
>>50572621
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HumanityIsInfectious
>>
>>50572621
Diablo 2 Tyrael was the picture and a good example

Spends so much time interacting with humans and eventually grows sympathetic and begins emulating certain human values trying to save "earth"
>>
File: Gulf War Game Boy.jpg (43KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
Gulf War Game Boy.jpg
43KB, 400x320px
>>50572133
Ha that was in display at Nintendo World in New York when I was there like a decade ago. Shit looks proper fucked up but you can see it still playing that title screen. Shit was tight, thanks for reminding me.
>>
File: feels good.png (57KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
feels good.png
57KB, 1162x850px
>>50553997
>overpowered enemy appears at the very beginning of the scenario
>the party gets wrecked but escapes 'miraculously'
>he was the final boss all along
>>
File: al.jpg (530KB, 1920x1220px) Image search: [Google]
al.jpg
530KB, 1920x1220px
>Machine/haunted armor heroes

God I love me some war machines
>>
>>50571719
>tfw nanoha rpg never
I love the setting and would love to run it but its too bad mahou shoujo games invite degeneracy
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (68KB, 483x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
68KB, 483x600px
> The protege is thrust into the role of the master after said master's untimely demise.

>>50554069
-and that. The Kaioken was so much cooler than transformation-scaling.

>>50562124
>>50558296
-and those

>>50554123
>>50561607
-and this (either/or). All the love/boners, every time.
>>
>>50572484
A K I R A
>>
>>50570804
it's really just an exaggerated application of the "hidden lady-warrior" trope which goes back to Mulan and probably further
>>
>>50572484
AOTY
>>
>>50579990
>not flip flappers
MP100 is such overrated trash
>>
>>50580148
First, fuck off. Second, you might be right because I've only seen the first episode of Flip Flappers but it seemed pretty good
polite sage
>>
File: Alaric in athens.jpg (572KB, 2340x1410px) Image search: [Google]
Alaric in athens.jpg
572KB, 2340x1410px
>A barbarian becomes king by his own hand
>>
>>50572244
I like this one.

I'm also a sucker for Power of Friendship stuff, when it's genuine. After a long, long time bonding, battle-forged brothers(sisters) fight overwhelming odds together, back to back. Or literally go to hell and back to save each other.

I also like fabulously hedonistic villains who have no other reason to fuck with people than boredom.
>>
File: pZ1Ua3C.jpg (326KB, 1358x1920px) Image search: [Google]
pZ1Ua3C.jpg
326KB, 1358x1920px
>>50553997
>The BBEG stands alone between your party and the Mcguffin

No politicing or shady-dealing your way out of this fight.
>>
File: sqj4aUR.jpg (157KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sqj4aUR.jpg
157KB, 1024x768px
>>50553997
>The nice old man is evil af
>>
File: jan-ditlev-a-good-death.jpg (213KB, 1600x681px) Image search: [Google]
jan-ditlev-a-good-death.jpg
213KB, 1600x681px
>One man holds back a flood of enemies.
>>
>The witches are horribly ugly

As they should be.
>>
>>
>The ancient evil is literally older than dirt.
>Motivation for destroying all life is basically 'AW GROSS, WHAT IS THIS SHIT?'
>>
>>50581277
>implying I'm wrong
>not watching more of Flip Flappers
fucking pleb
>>
>>50583376
I'm about to once I get done with finals. The internet is shit here, it's hard enough just to use 4chan for all the connection errors so streaming is impossible and downloading is blocked.
>>
File: EN_Karn_2_Gallery.jpg (148KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
EN_Karn_2_Gallery.jpg
148KB, 1200x675px
>Hero defeats the villain only to unknowingly playing right into the villain's plans.
>>
File: galassia_settori2.jpg (102KB, 1024x432px) Image search: [Google]
galassia_settori2.jpg
102KB, 1024x432px
>>50553997
>Even in their death throws, the Empire is still able to curb stomp the heroes
>>
File: 89a.gif (2MB, 589x589px) Image search: [Google]
89a.gif
2MB, 589x589px
>>50554057
>Be me
>Was almost chris-chan style autist throughout elementary school
>Have realization one day that this kind of shit was immature and just plain weird
>Try to improve my social skills
>Become more extroverted
>Reign in my emotions/immaturity
>Apologize profusely for how I acted before

Not really being a villain, but it's generally the same "master yourself" stuff. Proudest moment of my life was when I told a friend I was on the spectrum and they told me I was bullshitting.
>>
>>50556637
The weakest character is the most dangerous villain because the plot he sets in motion is just catastrophic.
>>
>>50554057
This, for the same reason. except I still have to stop being an asshole
>>
>>50581614
FUCK
YES
>>
>The tribes must be united if we are to survive this world that hates us
>>
File: mass-effect-3.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-3.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>50584070
Alternatively,
>We must set aside our differences and join forces if we are to survive the coming darkness
>>
File: samus puking.gif (2MB, 357x238px) Image search: [Google]
samus puking.gif
2MB, 357x238px
>>50584129
>Races join forces
>their militaries and governments stay separate
Disgusting.
>>
File: blues bros.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blues bros.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>50584129
Alternatively,
>We're putting the band back together
>>
>>50584168
Because the Allies totally combined into one military and one world government, right?
>>
>>50584168
What an oddly specific thing for that fellow not to mention for you to get upset over.
>>
>>50584168
Calm down, Merkel.
>>
>>50584203
The allies did not fight for survival against fucking Cthuthu.
>>50584210
I mean in ME's case specifically.
>>
File: 01000010 01000010.jpg (136KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
01000010 01000010.jpg
136KB, 600x502px
>>50584168
So you'd rather have one force with one identity, rather than a force of individuals, all different faces, all different flags, fighting under one cause?

I prefer the mass of individuals.
>>
>>50584199
THAS A GOOD ONE TOO
>>
>>50584284
>So you'd rather have one force with one identity
In the case of galactic unity against a common foe, yes. You can hardly create a single identity, but not having a single command structure really gimps any alliance. Not saying it can't work, it's just a handicap.
>>
File: Feels to Maximum.jpg (86KB, 378x1116px) Image search: [Google]
Feels to Maximum.jpg
86KB, 378x1116px
>>50554288
>not spoilering

This makes me weep
>>
>>50559808
>>
>>50555152
I actually don't like that one, usually because it's telegraphed really poorly. It feels like a bait and switch, very video gamey of "here's the sequel with the real big bad guy, now that you're leveled up".
>>
>>50553997
>not-Cain and Able
>>
>>50584354
Its not exactly easy to set that up. Over a long time, sure. But in a short time period its really difficult to set up without causing a lot of damage.

I mean, you do understand just how much shit is involved in a military command structure, yes? You can't just throw two completely separate militaries with separate command and strategic doctrines together and expect it to work. Let alone governments; I'm certain the military federation of the HSA, the imperial military dictatorship of the Turians, and the direct democracy of the Asari would mesh so well.
>>
File: Haha Lol.png (254KB, 404x352px) Image search: [Google]
Haha Lol.png
254KB, 404x352px
>>50554057
>antagonist character is trying to pull themself together, and genuinely become a better person
>protagonists don't trust the antagonist, and won't accept them, even though they're actually doing really good
>their harassment, and their treatment by the world in general builds up
>the villain snaps, gives up on trying to be good, and becomes much worse than they were before
>the heroes know it's their fault
>>
File: mp_ending2.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mp_ending2.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>50561235
You are perhaps a fan of the Metroid?
>>
File: kefka.jpg (153KB, 769x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kefka.jpg
153KB, 769x1000px
>>50559720
agreed
>>
File: 3801576-5170141533-aquam.jpg (70KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
3801576-5170141533-aquam.jpg
70KB, 700x394px
>>50563354
This was me in a PF game. I played a Cleric of Sarenrae and was simply bursting with positive energy and never stopped talking about how great having faith and hope was.

My compatriots were the most loledgyteens dream characters possible, including a Drow Assassin, a Shadowmancer if I recall correctly, and an Alchemist who fancied himself a Dr. Hyde.

The looks on their faces when I suggested we tithe ten percent of the loot at the local temple was priceless, and they couldn't do shit because I was the healer and they knew damn well none of them would last two rounds without me.

<Pic related was pretty much my character.
>>
>>50582801
This. Give me a good Last Stand any day of the week. Also:

> Everything is fucked
> Like, beyond fucked
> So fucked that our last resort is to take as many of the other side down with us as possible and make them pay for every step.
> Maybe our ambiguous allies will turn up, but that's unlikely.
> Oh shit.
> There they are.
>>
File: can'toutrungamagori.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
can'toutrungamagori.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>50553997
Any right hand man that's loyal as fuck and expressive about it. Doubly so if the villain rewards them for it.
>>
>>50553997
Straight up, legitimate knights in shining armor, regardless of the tone of the story. Not a naive idiot whose only purpose is to die horribly to show how dangerous the world is; someone who has a good understanding of the setting and goes off to do good.
>>
>>50554153
I did this with a Sith Lord in an Old Republic campaign. The Sith Code is all about strength, and he felt that acting like a dishonest, backstabbing douche was the epitome of weakness. It was for this reason that when it came down to it, the party managed to solve things peacefully and he chose exile over fighting this Jedi and his weird friends he'd come to respect.
>>
>>50553997

How about let's improve on it:

>The ruins of the once great city of the powerful ancient empire, which had much higher technology than the time period the adventurers are in, mysteriously destroyed by an unspeakable power even more ancient than itself
>>
>>50565756
My group has made a side-hobby of trying to pull off awesome fictional tropes in our role playing games.
>>
Dragons. I don't give a fuck what role they play in the story, but I'm 100% more invested when they're there.
>>
>>50585688
I've always been somewhat fond of dungeons myself
>>
>>50553997
>Small teams of highly competent specialists with unique shticks and personalities
All day every day. It's half the reason I love role playing games, although it's a rare party that actually works to create an interesting overall party composition.
>>
>>50572011
>Horrible, otherworld abominations
>Still vulnerable to repeated shotgun blasts to the face
The best shit.
>>
>>50586409
Agreed.
>>
I'm a sucker for pure, genuine love stories.

I also like unironically gory games like DOOM and the WH40K backstory.

I do not like them mixed.
>>
Noble savage warrior races.
>>
>>50586707
How would you know? I can't think of a single thing that combines those.
>>
>>50562606
>Reading Shakespeare

There's your problem. Watch a performance.
>>
Overly enthusiastic, completely confident Kamina-style protagonist
>>
>>50572268
>the 4 generals trope
God, I love this.

Also,
>when faced with a choice between two unacceptable options, the party paladin chooses neither.
>>
>the reinforcements arrive just before the final battle, giving you a fighting chance
>the reinforcements arrive just before all is lost, turning the tide of the battle
>the reinforcements arrive too late
>>
File: fukken xenos.jpg (97KB, 891x896px) Image search: [Google]
fukken xenos.jpg
97KB, 891x896px
>>50586707
>>50586733
Are you saying that Love Can't Bloom on the battlefield?
>>
File: pripyat.jpg (607KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pripyat.jpg
607KB, 1920x1080px
>>50553997
Hardly older than dirt m8.
>>
>>50583523
Yeah, passing is one of the greatest feelings in the world. It makes you feel like you've risen above what you were and did what so many others failed to do.
>>
>>50585782
If only there was some way of combining these concepts... hm...
>>
>>50585421
>Knights are all kind, chivalrous warriors in silver armour, resplendent with plumes and heraldry
>Except for the evil knights with evil laughs in black armour, resplendent with spikes and evil heraldry
>And the good knights have to fight the bad knights and give them a lesson in chivalry and honour and shit
>>
>>50553997
>The local elder who apparently helped the heroes early on was in fact the BBEG checking them out and sending them on a wild goose chase
Fucking love it.
And it's just too easy to use it on players
>>
>>50587333
>Decides they can be useful for more than entertainment
>offers them a place by his side
>The shifty asshole takes the offer
>FFW to final battle
>"I never really was on your side"
>Shifty asshole sabotages BBEG's super weapon
>"We never doubted you."
>They totally did
>>
File: dramatic one liner.png (2MB, 2314x1020px) Image search: [Google]
dramatic one liner.png
2MB, 2314x1020px
> The cavalry arrive just in time to rescue the City of Good Guys from the armies of the BBEG
> The good guy is a hidden prince/child of the villain/both
> The BBEG's lair falls apart once he dies
> The villain kills an underling/NPC to prove how evil he is
> Evil makes peoples' skin turn white and get black veins
> Dramatic one-liners after shooting someone
>>
>>50587305
Why is over the top swords and sorcery the best, anon? I love it too
>>
File: 1480353955304.jpg (701KB, 1200x1855px) Image search: [Google]
1480353955304.jpg
701KB, 1200x1855px
>Cynical borderline nihilistic asshole actually cares about everyone around them
>>
File: berserk-1514477.jpg (180KB, 800x1219px) Image search: [Google]
berserk-1514477.jpg
180KB, 800x1219px
>humans acting like wild animals

I don't know why I like it so damn much but watching people just lose their shit and become beasts is amazing.
>>
>>50553997
>The party sneaks up to scout out the ogre/lizardman/goblin/whatever camp they were sent to attack...
>Only to see ogre/lizardman/goblin/whatever families with children going about ordinary life in their homes
>watdo

Me likey.
>>
File: 1479716770335.jpg (58KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1479716770335.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
>>50588472
I find it hot for whatever reason
>>
>>50553997
>villain is victorious
>goes to enact his evil plan
>hero secretly sabotaged it hours ago
>villain's victory is meaningless
>>
File: 1473429069620.gif (335KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1473429069620.gif
335KB, 500x277px
>Villain's underlings attack the heroes
>The heroes destroy them in a one-sided fight that the underlings have no change of winning
>The last few underlings standing just throw their arms up and leave without a fight since they don't get paid enough for that shit
>>
File: thalmore feels.jpg (65KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
thalmore feels.jpg
65KB, 680x497px
>>50553997
>Elves actually are better
>>
File: robin-hood9.jpg (235KB, 332x448px) Image search: [Google]
robin-hood9.jpg
235KB, 332x448px
Unjust ruler gets his shit pushed in by the rightful king
>>
Bad guy summons a beast/monster/being but can't control it and it ends up killing him and then the heroes have to fight it
>>
>>50594210
some good shit right here
>tfw deep down inside I'm just a Shakespere era royalist
>>
File: pic3193398_lg.jpg (313KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pic3193398_lg.jpg
313KB, 768x1024px
>>50561262
Works well if you use board game miniatures for your campaign, like those from RISK Europe or Hodstorm.
>>
>Villain explains his plan in depth as he fights the heroes and tells them how it's only a matter of time until the pieces fall into place
>He wants to punctuate the victory with your corpses
>"After all of these years, my plan will finally come to fruition! I want you all to witness my victory and rhen perish knowing your work came to nothing!"
>The wheels come off by a last minute heroic save
>Villain realizes he's going to lose
>Villain breaks down entirely and starts causing as much collateral damage as he can muster
>His attempts are thwarted, what little he can do is slowly taken away
>Villain starts crying
>>
>>50588903
Love me some monster towns
>what about the orcs that were trying to murder us
>they were that asshole tribe we banished
>>
File: NeIBxZe.jpg (178KB, 800x775px) Image search: [Google]
NeIBxZe.jpg
178KB, 800x775px
>Anything even vaguely Roman in your setting

That's my shit.
>>
>>50597931
In my setting, orcaboos exist because orcs have gotten furthest in firearms research (they don't trust arcane magic, so they put more money into tech and chemistry). Their answer to hereditary arms and armor is a family gunsmith for nobles. Guns are still crazy rare, but any orc noble worth his salt has a custom rifle. It's like the katana of the setting, where it's okay at what it's supposed to do, isn't super popular outside of its home nation, and weeb equivalents are obsessed with having one.
They're not Always CE because connection to Gruumsh is tenuous at best.
>>
>>50554057
>>50584954
Name 1 (one) game where this happened
>>
>>50598078
I never liked the idea of species exclusive gods anyway, always felt silly for god to be interested in such a distinction
>>
>Character reveals a secret to another character
>Other character not only isn't shocked, but reveals a secret that blows that one out of the water or is the same secret turned up to 11.
>>
File: well met.gif (491KB, 517x640px) Image search: [Google]
well met.gif
491KB, 517x640px
>>50553997
>zealous and fearless knights/crusaders of God/Light/whatever

I don't specially care about them being actually good, jihad-tier or just crazy. As long as they're fearless and dedicated.
>>
>>50559946
>>50559924
Who?
>>
>>50598110
It happens every couple of years with Batman villains. Usually Harley Quinn, but occasionally Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, or The Penguin.
>>
>>50555978
>you're pretty good...
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 681x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 681x1000px
Redeemed dark knights.

>>50598410
Well met!
>>
>>50587008
reeee.
>>
>>50598078
Beogh > Gruumsh
>>
File: Excalibur-Stone.jpg (60KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur-Stone.jpg
60KB, 650x487px
Living weapons where the hero has to prove his worth to it.

Bonus points if they're a weapon that is something you really, REALLY don't want to fuck with. I love it when weapons are both alive and command ridiculous amounts of respect. I just find it badass as hell, always will.
>>
>>50601315
Check out Wakfu, if you haven't already. Seems like something you'd enjoy.
>>
File: 1462655849616.jpg (308KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1462655849616.jpg
308KB, 800x1200px
>>50586789
Why? I haven't liked any of his characters in anything I have read and I don't like his stories. I'm not willing to spend money to sit in a room full of people I don't know to watch something I by all probability won't enjoy. I've learned the error of trying to stick with something I don't enjoy in the hopes that it will change. It's that mentality that got me 4 book into the abortion that was The Sword of Truth.

Back on topic.

How about the Empire being good and ruled by an Emperor who genuinely wants whats best for the common man and spends all his waking hours dedicated to the prosperity of his realm. His greatest flaw is that he abides by the laws he sets rather doggedly, even when turning a blind eye might be more pragmatic. Everyone says how the Imperial Coffers have overflown under his management but this is untrue. The coffers are empty, the riches is invested great works to keep the Empire great. The "coffers" are the well being of his people.

In a similar vain the not!Catholic Church isn't actually corrupt and is doing quite well as or running the welfare, education and medical institutions of the Empire.

Those "noble savages". Not so noble, plenty savage. The Empire is not persecuting them and pushing them to the far corners of the world. They started out in the far corners of the world and raid the Empire for fun and profit.
>>
>Completely selfish character who starts travelling with the party for his own good first, but the others really grow on him and in the end he'd give his life for them.

One of my favourite pieces of character development.
>>
>>50601519
If only there were some way you could observe a performance from the comfort of your own home, the way you might look at a favorite painting... a moving picture, or something like that.
>>
>>50588344
That one's great too, especially if he grows into it.
>>
File: PriscillaAwakened.gif (103KB, 287x446px) Image search: [Google]
PriscillaAwakened.gif
103KB, 287x446px
I like the "he who fights monsters" trope where a person or organization makes use of the powers of their enemy to slay them. Shit always gets hella corrupt.

Bonus points if you combine with >>50572011 where you show the corrupt assholes alongside the regular joe who does the same thing without any help.
>>
File: divayth_fyr_5744.jpg (60KB, 325x305px) Image search: [Google]
divayth_fyr_5744.jpg
60KB, 325x305px
>Female villain gradually won over by the power of love from one of the heroes
>Actively sentient buildings, especially shops
>The old hero who has several trilogies worth of artifacts and just retired to their house with their fuckloads of treasures, spends their days doing nothing except watching other adventurers
>>
>>50598410
well met!
>>
>>50601975
>I like the "he who fights monsters" trope where a person or organization makes use of the powers of their enemy to slay them. Shit always gets hella corrupt.
Worm is full of that, and while opinions on the subject of said organization are varied, they were pretty fucking justified in doing what they did. Would recommend, if you are into gritty superhero stuff.
>>
>>50553997
I would enjoy to be able to play in the great city of the powerful ancient empire for once.
>>
>>50601519
>I don't like his stories.
>I do, however, enjoy posting virtually identical stories in threads about story arcs and tropes I enjoy.
Have you tried "West Side Story"? It's a story about two star-crossed lovers kept apart by the rival gangs they belong to. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Romeo and Juliet, which is a play by Shakespeare about two star-crossed teenage lovers kept apart by the rival families they belong to.
>>
File: the Usual Suspects.png (659KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
the Usual Suspects.png
659KB, 800x600px
>>50601983
>He's the Guild of Adventurers' quartermaster
>anyone is free to borrow any artifact from the collection, provided they state their quest and either pay for it or leave an artifact of roughly equal value behind.
>he always gives advice to visiting adventurers, but they all too often disregard his advice because they are unaware of his many accomplishments
>>
>>50601983
The last two are just Kerub Crepin
>>
>>50602084
Rome and Juliet was

Reboud sex
Spite daddy sex
Teen hormones

And a priest who either wanted them both dead or was using ye olde Scooby Doo level ideas.

There was no love. They didn't know each other long enough. Just forbidden fruit infatuation. Bella and Edward knew each other better and was a better depiction of love than Romeo and Juliet. Yes I fucking said it.

Sir Squarejaw was intended to be Sir Lancelot but innocent.
>>
>>50602312
>rebound sex
>spite daddy sex
The characters don't have sex. What are you talking about?

>Sir Squarejaw was intended to be Sir Lancelot but innocent.
Right, sorry. So, just to be clear, he's like Sir Lancelot, a beloved friend of the king and the queen, suspected by the king to be in an adulterous relationship with the queen, except (unlike Lancelot) he's innocent. See, I can see now that that's completely different from Polixenes, who's a beloved friend of the king and the queen, suspected by the king to be in an adulterous relationship with the queen, except (unlike Lancelot) he's innocent.

Wait, SHIT, I did it again!
>>
>>50602430
Please for the love of all that is holy don't try and claim everything is because of Shakespeare.

I'm pretty sure even the Norman insertion of Lancelot into the Arthur story came first.
>>
>>50602585
I certainly wasn't about to. I'm aware as anybody that many of the guy's plots weren't original: Romeo and Juliet was originally a Roman myth, I think. It probably existed in some other form even before then.

But hearing from someone who writes something very like a Shakespeare plot, then go on to explain that he doesn't like Shakespeare's stories, is a bit rich.
>>
>>50553997
The hidden city is in a meteorite crater.
>>
File: 1478205546072.jpg (163KB, 1600x817px) Image search: [Google]
1478205546072.jpg
163KB, 1600x817px
>Genie wishes/Devil deals being warped or having unintended consequences or, even better, giving them exactly what they wanted Midas Touch style.

>Vague prophecies with a multitude of interpretations.

>Celestial beings looking completely alien or being constructs.
>>
>>50602738
"Constructs" as in, like, robots? Robot angels?
>>
>BBEG's top general is an honourable, if somewhat strict and harsh man.
>>
File: 1452530885937.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1452530885937.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>50602665
And yet there it is, some people like Arthurian shit more than Shakespearean shit and will use that as their base of reference first. It's a strange old world.
>>
>>50602430
>The characters don't have sex. What are you talking about?

Not onstage but it's basically telegraphed that they did, there's even a scene that was cut from Victorian productions because it's basically just Juliet looking forward to getting railed.

>>50602312
Never heard of love at first sight?
>>
>>50602772
I'm not talking about his base of reference, I'm asking about his rationale: he doesn't like Shakespeare plots, but he likes plots that are virtually identical to Shakespeare plots that he simply isn't aware are virtually identical to Shakespeare plots: that's why I made that riff on West Side Story.
>>
>>50602751
>Robot angels
In a sense. Soulless automatons that can't do anything but follow their "programming" they were created with. Being made of metal and technology is certainly one interpretation of that I could enjoy such as the inevitables from D&D.
>>
An Overlord of the greatest Empire in the world, who (due to old age/curse/etc) is now mad as fuck. The loyal PCs have the choice of either carrying on being loyal and enforcing his rule, or ending him to save the world.
>>
>>50588472
Related to this, Heart of Darkness plots are the shit.
>>
>>50602847
I had a guy play an all-but-fallen paladin due to being given that exact choice and living his whole life in redemption of murdering his liege.
>>
>>50602804
I am him. I am unfamiliar with American musical plays.

I like the various iterations of the King Arthur story.

Not everything is Shakespeare, not everyone thinks of his plays first or ever when a thing is mentioned.

You will never convince me to enjoy them as overreacting stage performance is not something I enjoy and for some unacceptable reason anybody in a Shakespeare play feels the need to ham it up to Shatner levels. The stories and various elements of them have been done before, since and better. The characters usually annoy me, especially the """"comic""" ones.

I'm not trying to convince you to dislike a thing you like. That's petty and pointless. Please afford me the same courtesy.
>>
>>50563324
I don't see you getting assblasted at the people mentioning Shakespeare sperglord, or is there a popular Shakespeare tabletop game I haven't heard of? At least there ARE Naruto RPGs and plenty of homebrewed rulesets for shit like GURPS and DnD for the series.
>>
>>50602897
Did one of his hands get cut off by mercenaries?

>>50602751
Meet the Ophanim, an angel made of wheels, fire, and eyes. Straight from the Christian Bible.
>>
>>50603363
Ezekiel would have been a great DM.
>>
>>50598410
WELL MET!
>>
>>50603503
He was so good at being a DM that he literally helped found a religion.
>>
>>50567539
Suddenly, a wild sysadmin
>>
>>50553997
Archaeology is not a cliche.
>>
>>50584954
>>50598110
Not a game, but literally the entire character arc of Vegeta.
>>
>>50603110
>a sourcebook written entirely in iambic pentameter
>>
>>50564466
>reading Gang Leader for a Day
>local gang leader is a college graduate who worked for a while in corporate chicago
>runs his gang like fucking mcdonalds
>>
File: 1394409866754.jpg (147KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1394409866754.jpg
147KB, 750x750px
>>50602738
My niggah
>>
>>50553997
>beautiful = good
>ugly = evil

Butthurt uggos can cry all they want.
>>
>The BBEG's has an honorable and loyal second in command, who treats you with respect, yet fights you to the death

>The BBEG is seen as the good guy/messiah by most of the world, and acts the part in public, but is actually the greatest evil

>The BBEG isn't evil exactly, but is willing to do anything to bring something back (a dead family member/lover, their people, a civilization that fell to ruin)

>The enemy has a team that's the anti-you

Any of these make it instantly better.
>>
>>50553997
Exploring dungeons & defeating dragons.
>>
>>50600563
Mike "Homo medicine from Thomas Edison" Pence.
>>
>you have to fight your evil self
>>
File: HAN-DEATH-HEADER-850x560.jpg (31KB, 850x560px) Image search: [Google]
HAN-DEATH-HEADER-850x560.jpg
31KB, 850x560px
>>50558116
>old player character heroes come out of retirement to help
>One or more end up dying to buy the new heroes time to escape
>>
>>50598073
Yes
Empire of Tamriel, Imperium of Man, etc.
>>
File: IMG_0609.jpg (121KB, 1051x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0609.jpg
121KB, 1051x759px
>>50553997
Monster raised by loving, good-aligned parents becomes good
>>
File: IMG_0855.jpg (533KB, 1026x694px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0855.jpg
533KB, 1026x694px
>>50606185
Monster husband, human wife- loving and overly affectionate husband, assertive yet caring wife
>>
File: orc.jpg (95KB, 580x295px) Image search: [Google]
orc.jpg
95KB, 580x295px
>>50554153
>>
>>50598410
Well met!
>>
>the hero that unites all the tribes and leads them to war
>>
>>50553997
>The unrepentantly noble and honorable good guys win because they're unrepentantly noble and honorable. (See any legend featuring Sir Gawyn.)

>The robot learns what it means to be human and have feelings. (See Terminator 2)
>>
>>50606440
Nazgrim didn't deserve what happened to him in Legion.
>>
File: misty mountains.jpg (823KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
misty mountains.jpg
823KB, 1920x1080px
>>50570216
Kind of making a go of this right now, have an NPC that has hired the group to help him stop an opposing faction from weaponizing ancient technology.

Depending on how the adventure plays out, the actions of the PCs, as well as the mortality of the NPC's family, he could become either a beacon of hope in future campaigns, who a powerful presence hellbent on hunting down the PCs.

We'll see how it goes
>>
incredibly powerful loli warlock gets raped by the demons she summons
>>
File: thumbs_up.gif (481KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs_up.gif
481KB, 141x141px
>>50554288
>Farscape

MAH NIGGA!!!
>>
>>50571864
>he gets to his first big failure, has to decide whether to go back to his family and work the fields with his Pa, or to keep aspiring to greatness, no matter how many times he fails
>>
>>50554153
I tried to do this for the first time recently. Even noble-turned-vampire. He met amicably with the party, tried to negotiate, and then challenged one of them to one-on-one duel. They mobbed him, so he summoned magical darkness and put up shadowy guards to try to discourage their interference. They sundered his weapon, suppressed all his magic items, and then when he surrendered and made to depart, they essentially shot him in the back.
>>
>>50560785
What's the difference between being dragonborn and a halfdragon?
>>
>>50561358
>boy disguised as a girl

Would fit and work well if the character is a drow.
>>
>>50561862
What happened to his nipples and crotch bulge? Is he a Ken Barbiedoll?
>>
>>50588472

>character is usually very easy going and isn't taken very seriously by friends or foes alike
>the villain does something so atrocious that it causes the lackadaisical character to LOSE THEIR ABSOLUTE SHIT and go full beast mode
>Villain now fearing for their life either tries to haul ass out of there or bargain with the character's friends, usually a fruitless endeavor

Mother Above, I wish I could think of an example...
>>
File: miracles.webm (953KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
miracles.webm
953KB, 512x384px
>the hero and the villain interact in a casual setting and show that they would have been bros4life if not for whatever made them enemies in the first place
>>
>>50598110
Isn't that literally the plot of FFIV? And I think that's how Cait Sith worked in FFVII. And Cloud, also in FFVII. And one of the characters in Vandal Hearts was like that.
>>
>>50587008
Just curious, but are they genetically compatible in canon?

Is the whole reason why it's forbidden is because the government is afraid of their race being bred out of existence by halfbreeds?
>>
>>50598410
WELL MET
>>
>>50598410
WELL ME MAH BROTHA FROM ANOTHA MOTHA!!!
>>
>>50601519
>dissing on the Sword of Truth series

You fucking disgusting pleb.
>>
File: HouseTelvanni.jpg (416KB, 617x692px) Image search: [Google]
HouseTelvanni.jpg
416KB, 617x692px
>>50592823
>Altmer
>Better
>>
>>50561262
I like this
>>
>>50572484

DAHN

DAHN

DAHN DAHN
>>
File: fools.jpg (262KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
fools.jpg
262KB, 1680x1050px
>>50601315
>>
>>50606185
>>50554153
>>50601315
>>50571864
>>50604572
indeed
>>
File: IMG_6922.jpg (269KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6922.jpg
269KB, 1024x768px
>>50607409
>>
File: serveimage_003.jpg (48KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage_003.jpg
48KB, 800x450px
Always had a soft spot for tragic villains. Not in the "[character] was RIGHT!!!" way, but the "What you want is understandable, but what you're doing is completely fucked" way. Bonus points if they realize the full extent of the consequences they've picked, but it's far too late.
>>
>>50607170
AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS
>>
>>50553997
not so much old but
>the universe is fucked because you're not supposed to be there in the first place
>this revelation happens slowly over the course of the plot
>your final action is saving everyone by sacrificing yourself and undoing your own existence
a la Butterfly Effect Director's Cut ending
>>
The Four Horsemen are my favorite cliche
>>
File: All Might I am here.jpg (41KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
All Might I am here.jpg
41KB, 320x320px
>the usually jovial hero gets serious
>>
>>50553997
barbarian women wear hi-leg bikinis and have fluffy hair
>>
>>50611297
>Tom Bombadil does something useful
>>
>>50598410
WELL MET
>>
File: 1456046116116.jpg (13KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456046116116.jpg
13KB, 250x250px
>>50609061
what was it, 20 minutes?
>>
File: 1984-7.gif (58KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1984-7.gif
58KB, 320x240px
>>50582764
>>
>Mars is independent from Earth
or
>A revolution is currently taking place on Mars because they want to be independent.

Do love me some Red Faction for that reason.
>>
>>50611185
This, specially if they're the real four and there's no faggot pestilence/plague that is actually just Death 2.0.
>>
>>50559720
Crazy people aren't competent, so there's no problem.
>>
>>50612621
Depends on the flavor of crazy.
>>
>>50553997
>the wizard lives in a tower
>>
>>50607027
Dragonborn are a species of dragonoid dudes
Half-dragons are hybrids of dragons and people
>>
>>50612665
So dragonborn are not dragonborn?
>>
>>50553997

Orcs and Elves and sheeiit.
>>
>>50612727
Maybe some dragon 'birthed' their species into existence a long time ago.
I prefer to rename them into "dragonfolk" anyway
>>
I liked the concept of heroes who have the unfortunate blessing of 'evil' powers. Like a kid who really wants to join the Holy Order of Light were it not for his innate ability to manipulate shadows. It's not even the edgy reason. I just like seeing questionable powers being creatively used to help make the world a better place.

Power of shadows? Hide your party from an army.
Command over disease? Cure sick people and/or creatively punish nasty folk.
>>
>>50604332
I find the real danger with that one is the easy way that can turn racist
I still love the physical manifestation of your evil tho, KotOR and Fable were boss for that
>>
>>50553997
Bad guys with no real motivation, but make up for it by being completely and utterly loathsome and detestable in everything they do and how they do it.
>>
>>50607694
They're better at dying.
>>50607679
Yeah, those books make pretty good hobo toilet paper. Don't diss them.
>>
>>50612958
Sounds like subaru
>>
>>50610867
Isn't this also Donnie Darko?
>>
File: IMG_6530.jpg (699KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6530.jpg
699KB, 1280x1811px
>the great evil cannot be killed, only imprisoned. Every few years it escapes from its bondage and goes on a rampage before being banished again.
>>
File: CWVEkjoWUAEb8DM.jpg (94KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
CWVEkjoWUAEb8DM.jpg
94KB, 600x849px
>Protagonist is stuck in a time loop to avert some catastrophe
>Accumulates knowledge and information over repeated trials
>Finally manages to make some headway
>Realizes that his time-traveling advantage is becoming useless as his actions caused events to change far beyond what he knows from past loops
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.