[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[5e] DM'ing tonight and need to one-shot a side quest within

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: initiative.jpg (71KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
initiative.jpg
71KB, 800x400px
[5e] DM'ing tonight and need to one-shot a side quest within our campaign (some cant make it). Anyone have any cool or original ideas for a sidequest that can be done in a good 3-4 hours?
>>
>>50553728
Sure. If it's 5e, does that mean it's in FR? Where? Gimme a little detail, here. Can pull something outa book of lairs pretty easily, if nothing else.
>>
>>50553761
Made my own realm and world, it's just a typical world, all races are involved, every monster can show up, riddles and puzzles, the lot. Everything behaves as it does in the book.
>>
>A Circus comes to town. If they beat three challenges of skill then they will win a level-appropriate magical item

>All of their items have been stolen, literally everything they own as they sleep. Even the shoes. They have nothing but the clothes on their back as they have to track down who did it

>A Theatre is putting on a production for some noble, but the lead actor is being hunted down by the mafia/some criminal org. The Director begs the players to protect the actor for one day from the mafia's many strange attempts on his life.

>The party breaks an item with extreme sentimental value to an elderly shopkeeper. The whole town refuses to serve them and is actively hostile until they find a way to fix/replace the item.
>>
>>50553922
I'd offer more, but you didn't mention anything about where they were right now. I have more from my own homebrew if you like.
>>
>>50553955
currently near the "great capital of astalon, kingdom aethon." near as in, in the farming areas around the kingdom
>>
>Someone is stealing the farmer's crops. Like, the entire plant, roots and all, are vanishing. Turns out it is a dryad that is bringing the plants to 'life' and setting them free, as she is young and doesn't understand how non-sentient plants work yet.

>The party walking around runs across an unusually pristine farming girl. She is actually a noble's daughter, but she has fallen in love with the farmer and needs the party to convince her pursuers that she has skipped town.

>After pissing off a travelling wizard, he throws a curse on them that changes their race (including affecting their stats and how their armor/weapons fit) and sends them on ridiculous quests until he is appeased.

>A prestigious farming family is having a wedding. Another family will pay the players to attend the wedding and secretly ruin it.

>A lycanthrope is stealing all the dogs in the area to make a 'pack' since their's abandoned them. If they save the dogs, one is smarter and has no owner, and will want to stay with one of the players.
>>
>>50553922
>>50555092

Any of these work so far?
>>
>Someone is stealing the farmer's crops. Like, the entire plant, roots and all, are vanishing. Turns out it is a dryad that is bringing the plants to 'life' and setting them free, as she is young and doesn't understand how non-sentient plants work yet.

Sounds pretty fun actually, thanks for the help
>>
>>50555261
no problem. building a sandbox requires populating a lot of tiny details.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.