[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's even the point of warriors if mages exist? If they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: mages-11.jpg (84KB, 600x836px) Image search: [Google]
mages-11.jpg
84KB, 600x836px
What's even the point of warriors if mages exist? If they need a meat shield they can summon one and don't give me this ''it takes a long time to train mages'' bullshit because the same can be said about cavalry. Fantasy battles should be nothing but mages and their minions going at i
>>
>>50544647
All it takes is a single anti-magic field, and all you're left with is a bunch of dweebs with sticks hitting each other.

While that would be fun to watch, it's not exactly fun to play, nor is it feasible for international war.
>>
>>50544647
What if mages aren't omnipotent beings with access to all sorts of powerful magic at all times? What if example of extremely powerful mage is Circe?
>>
File: ive had enough.png (768KB, 586x795px) Image search: [Google]
ive had enough.png
768KB, 586x795px
>>50544647
> It's this thread again
>>
>>50544647
If it's Warhammer you're talking about, every mage brings the risk of ultranatural assfucking by warp gods whenever something goes wrong.
>>
>>50544647
Since magic is an arbitrary fictional construct, the answer depends on what weaknesses magic has in the setting, if any. For example, in the setting I'm working on, magic takes a long time and is somewhat unreliable, and summoned spirit meatshields are likely to have inconvenient weaknesses intelligent foes can exploit, so rounding up some mortal warriors is a much more reliable way to go fight a bunch of people. Of course, granting a magical blessing or two to said warriors probably can't hurt.
>>
Many possible reasons:
>mages aren't that strong
>not everyone is capable of magecraft
>magecraft has high inherent risk and mortality rates
>magecraft is environmentally dangerous
>magecraft is a closely guarded secret by most and not just passed around
>>
>>50544647

What's the point of being a wizard if you can't teleport your shit on top of some random warrior miles away and get away with it?
>>
>>50544647
Friendly reminder to report and ignore obvious bait
>>
>>50544647
It takes hours to cast a minor spell. They're going to get stabbed without a warrior protecting them.
>>
>>50544647
>What's even the point of warriors if mages exist?
Spell slot conservation.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.