[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm designing my first ever pathfinder campaign, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I'm designing my first ever pathfinder campaign, I've drawn a lot of inspiration from Dark Souls, including the names of the various factions in the region.

One of them is named Heroes of the Sun (pic related) and originally their purpose was a faction of vampire hunters. However, I ended up coming up with another faction that pretty much covers that and more.

The question I pose is what would you expect of a faction called Heroes of the Sun? It doesn't exactly have to match up with the DS2 original, that's just the namesake
>>
>>50532606
>The question I pose is what would you expect of a faction called Heroes of the Sun?
It depends on what the significance of the sun is in your game. What are your themes and where does the sun fit into those?
>>
>>50532606
I expect them to be masters of karate and friendship for everyone.
>>
>>50532657
The sun is worshiped as a gift from the gods, it doesn't have a huge significance, but it's largely appreciated
>>
>>50532606

They serve as beacons of hope. In many ways, their job is the most difficult out of any religious sect.

The Heroes of the Sun recognize that the battle between good and evil is not just fought with sword and tooth, but with hearts and minds. Vampire hunters and the like defend the common folk from monsters of the night, but by the nature of their work the commoners rarely see them if at all. Preventing further loss of life is a good calling, but destroying the vampire doesn't actually mend the damage done by the fear of the attacks. The sense of powerlessness in the face of evil.

So a Hero of the Sun doesn't just fight monsters. A Hero of the Sun doesn't just save people. A Hero of the Sun saves people and looks glorious doing it. Defeating evil is half the job, the other half is making sure that everyone knows that they are going to be okay. Evil is not more powerful than good. The night doesn't last forever. Don't give up.

When you find yourself in darkness and no one can come to your defense, you don't have to cower in fear. Men can shine as brightly as the sun.
>>
>>50532743
and what is the gift, light to keep away the terrors of the night, warmth to allow life to flourish, fire which allows civilisations to rise? really get down to specifics
>>
File: vomit dark souls.jpg (154KB, 621x621px)
vomit dark souls.jpg
154KB, 621x621px
>>50532606
>first ever pathfinder campaign
>>
>>50532759
The driving force of life, without the sun there's no warmth, and nothing grows

>>50532760
I don't understand the issue here, I've never GM'd a campaign, but I've played enough to understand how it works
>>
>>50532794
>The driving force of life, without the sun there's no warmth, and nothing grows
so the Heroes of the Sun would love and cherish that gift, they would act as guardians of the people and healers of the sick, I'm imagining some being like Templars guarding pilgrims, maybe they protect people going through dangerous regions and other being religious healers, going from town to town doing charitable work to help the poor, sick and starving.
>>
>>50532833
I actually like this idea a lot
>>
>>50532794
>I've played enough to understand how it works
If you're running Pathfinder, you don't,
>>
>>50532606
There is an ancient society hell-bent on killing the sun and usurping its power, bringing forth an age of everlasting darkness. The Heroes of the Sun are the Dark Society's rivals, working tirelessly to protect the sun and ensure that the dawn will always come.

The Age of Dark was the original state of the world, before the Heroes of the Sun killed the Dark Star and usurped its power, bringing about about the Age of Days. The Dark Society wishes to undo this act, and return the world to its natural state (or at least, what they consider "natural").
>>
>>50532993
>>50532760
Nobody asked your opinion on Pathfinder autist.

>>50532606
Well judging by the name I would expect them to be a group of good aligned adventurers who seek out and destroy evil monsters. They would probably assist the PCs in times of need just like sunbros in the games.
>>
>>50532760
>>50532993

What, is he supposed to just skip straight to his second one?
>>
>>50532748
I pictured them more as a fighters guild or the companions, warriors looking for jolly cooperation ale and glory
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.