[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a fantasy society be like if there was only 1 male

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 32

File: rabbitfaun.png (167KB, 870x509px) Image search: [Google]
rabbitfaun.png
167KB, 870x509px
What would a fantasy society be like if there was only 1 male for every 500 females, and they still needed male/female intercourse to reproduce?

What would the males be like? Would they be revered nobles or just pampered breeding studs?

Would the males try to be as masculine as possible, or try to be as feminine as they can to fit in with the rest of society?

How would they raise young boys in this society?

What would those young boys be taught and trained in during their childhood?
>>
File: 1273619416340.jpg (79KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
1273619416340.jpg
79KB, 600x720px
>>50530922
>What would the males be like?
>>
incest would probably be rampant as the only male many females would know would be their father.
>>
>>50530922
>What would a fantasy society be like if there was only 1 male for every 500 females, and they still needed male/female intercourse to reproduce?

You mean like honeybees?
Honeybee males are treated like sperm sacks. If they're low on resources they're kicked out of the hive to die.
>>
>>50530922
They would be submissive servants, kept locked away. Basically they would be treated the way women have been throughout most of the history of civilization. Except the demands that they fall in-line, learn nothing, think nothing, and do nothing but produce children would be five hundred times stronger.
>>
>>50530922
check lions out
or honeybees
or ants
or anything with matriarchal system in nature
>>
>>50531093
Not very good examples. Those animals have matriarchies because men are completely and utterly disposable in them. The males are an annoyance at best. Plus insects don't work for comparison because hive-dwelling insects like bees, ants and termites can choose the sex of their off-spring.

"Choose" might be a misnomer, to an extent. But they control it based on environmental pressures. They probably don't have the cognitive capabilities necessary to make a conscious choice (or might--I dunno that much about ant brains).
>>
>>50530922
Men would just be walking sperm sacks. That's it.
>>
>>50531076
But those cultural values cannot be attributed solely to the increased vale of females in a reproductive sense.
>>
>>50530922
How would they maintain that population gap? I don't mean it will necessarily collapse until it's 1:1 because of X and Y distribution, maybe Y sperm is really rare to produce. I mean how are they having enough sex and enough kids to keep that gap? Like realistically if a guy spent 1 day fucking each woman in that range to get them pregnant and allow for the fact it won't always work, it'd basically take 2 years of near constant sex to produce keep that up.
>>
>>50531207
That's true. But it's been repeated in every human civilization after agriculture and before industrialization. So at some point generalizations become fair game. Of course it isn't the whole picture, though. When you describe cultural values there is no whole picture, short of describing the values of each individual living in that culture.
>>
>>50531273
The solution is to go deeper into the magical realm.
Most females born are identical twins.
>>
>>50531170
>Not very good examples.
I agree with this anon.
It would be more like what >>50531076 says.

>>50531006
>incest would probably be rampant
You would have the same genetic drawbacks to incest as we do now. So incest would still probably be frowned upon,maybe accepted a bit more than than it is today (in a "well that is kind of gross, but what else are you going to do" type fashion), but not rampant. More likely you'd have a system of arraigned matings between friendly families or for business relationships.
>>
>>50531006
Depends how big the society is. If there's 20,000+ people it wouldn't be TOO much of a problem. Even 5,000 could be enough if breeding were carefully tracked and controlled.
>>
>>50531301
I don't know much about incest or genetics, but isn't the reason incest is so bad for humans because our genetic pool is super small due to a bottleneck that caused our speciation? Like I remember Reading that within a single troupe of monkeys there's more genetic variation than within human's generally.
>>
>>50531273
Litters maybe? Most animals produce multiple offspring per mating.
>>
>>50530922
The more fun question, to me, is: how did selection pressure a population to so overwhelmingly favor female offspring? If a population has a dirth of males, it is because that was a reproductively-successful strategy.

So why would it have been?

My vote would be ridiculous sexual dimorphism. Maybe males are just ungodly huge, and were necessary to protect the females, but a population that produced too many of them ate itself out of its environment too quickly. So selection kept pressuring for fewer and fewer males until it reach the right balance of 1:500. Maybe there are giant monsters that the females were too small to fight. So why didn't everyone just get bigger, then?

I suppose "wizards: no sense of right and wrong" is prolly a better explanation.
>>
>>50531170
Also worth noting is that they really aren't matriarchal; they're hive minds. We call the egg factories "queens" because it is remotely relatable to us but the queen is really just another cog in the machine. What's more a single organism that does mass reproduction is far more efficient than a single mass-fertilizer.
>>
>>50531499
Males of the species could just cost the mother much more in resources, maybe to convert a child to the male sex just is much harder or longer process.

Or perhaps the females and the males of the species are both approximately equal in capability, but the females are unusually fecund, so that having too many males collapsed in Malthusian crisis but having less of them meant success?

Or maybe some genetic quirk made females much less likely to survive to breeding age, even if they were born in nearly equal number?

Since it's fantasy and we know so little of the specifics anything could really be used to justify it in world, even as you pointed out "magic I don't have ta explain shit"
>>
>>50531273
you are thinking about it from a human perspective

what if sex for them lasts seconds and fertilization is almost guaranteed? they wouldn't need to spend two years

they would need to spend the better part of a week
like a sexstravaganza or a holiday or some kind

as for how the society would organize it depends on a few different things. One is what is the sexual dimorphism like in the species?

in the case of ants and bees and other arthropods that was brought up earlier the males are often smaller and physically inferior to the females so they are treated as tools for reproduction rather than as a member of the hive

in the case of lions the males are physically imposing and stronger than their female counterpart, they are pampered and taken care of because they are not easily disposed of.

so if your society has a situation where the males are larger and stronger than the females they would probably be like nobles or pampered elite depending on how advanced the society is they would probably be held to the most ideal physical standards possible like male models and displayed in magazines or billboards, advertised like the studs they are.

in a society where they are less physically imposing than the females they would probably be kept like breeding stock. not educated, only minimally taken care of and only really brought out when it is time to breed. Don't take this the wrong way though they woulndn't be tortured and just killed on a whim since they are a valuable resource but they most likely would be treated more like important or valuable objects than sentient beings
>>
>>50531461
No, gene pool size species wide doesn't affect incest because you've limited the gene pool to the family through incest already.
>>
>>50531696
Well I was meaning from the standpoint of deadly/debilitating mutations, with a larger genetic pool wouldn't the chance of such things occurring in small number of incestral generations be much reduced? Or am I just totally wrong here?
>>
>>50531832
Well, It would depend on the starting population size before the rampant incest started. Basically the larger the starting population before you start creating succesive generations of inbreds, the more species wide genetic variance affects your ability to get away with succesive generations of inbreds.
>>
>>50530922
I don't care what happens to the men there, so long as I can find somebody who loves me
>>
>>50531972
Hey that's pretty nice
>>
>>50531972
even if that person who loves you is torn up inside having to sit around while you have sex with all these other girls for the good of the species?
>>
>>50531972
Anon I know it's fantasy, but even then you have to realize no one could ever love you.
>>
>>50530922
Ooku: The Inner Chambers is a story about exactly this. Males become prized breeding stock in a feudal Japanese society.

They'd probably be coddled and kept safe, to be honest. Losing the local male would be pretty devastating.
>>
>>50532026
She'll have to learn to live with getting exclusive access to cuddles
>>
either
>men are effectively worshipped. they're placed in positions of power, and considered paragons of society. young boys are considered a gift from heaven, and every woman wants to have the privilege of pregnancy.
or
>men are slaves, kept closely guarded to keep them from being lost. young boys are taken at birth to be raised as a breeding machine. pregnancy is more or less a duty, and having a boy is generally disappointment.
so basically
>men are high in society
>men are low in society
>>
>>50532026
sex might not be seen as a display of affection in their society since it is something that has to occur for the good of the species

maybe they show love in some other way
maybe the males are allowed to love multiple females and they are ok with it?

maybe love doesn't even really exist in their society
>>
>>50531971
>>50531832
The male is less important than the female for inbreeding, due to mitochondrial DNA.

Having a low male population ratio isn't usually a problem, since with many females sexual splicing maintains diversity. There are actually creatures (ex certain rodents) with low male ratios.
>>
>>50532110
it would probably be more normal to have loving relationships between women. it might be considered strange to love a man because "being with them" is so unfeasable
>>
>>50530965
First reply best reply
>>
>>50532138
Women would almost certainly have more relationship bonds. I mean, ants already operate like this, and ones like leafcutters have pretty complex societies.

There would definitively be less aggressive mate competition, since multiple females can be impregnated by the same male. There's less exclusivity desire.
>>
>>50532138
so once again we are making the mistake of thinking about this from a human perspective, or at least I am

I am believing that love conotates some kind of sexual attraction but they could just love one another like father and son or a very strong friendship. Outside of homosexuality I would assume many females in the society would form strong lasting bonds that could be seen as love but might not have a sexual attraction to one another.

as for the males I would once again draw the differences back to if they are more or less physically imposing than the females
if they are larger and stronger I would guess they maintain some kind of harem and could "love" all the members of their group and consider them all his partners

if they are less imposing the females probably wouldn't even think about loving the males since they are more or less objects, not beings worthy of affection
>>
>>50530922
In most fantasy towns, you'd have like, one male to share between multiple settlements.
>>
>>50532138
If they even form romantic relationships like that, having so few males would likely either predispose them to not having the same coupling drive, or the coupling drive would be re-inerprated and refocused by society.
>>
>>50532192
You best believe they're all going to lez it up.

You should see how bonobos operate. In this setting, lezzing is on the menu every day in every way. Your societal status may even be determined by how well you can lez.
>>
>>50530922
You get a lot more curious results when it 3-4-5 to one.

Actually had a campaign that found a world that consisted of clones of the 6 survivors of a ship crash. All female.
>>
so do all women in a community get to breed with the male? like they can't all just be pregnant all the time.
>>
>>50532239
3-1 actually produces a very good society. Myopus schisticolor, the wood lemming, does quite well for itself. It's theorized that the gender imbalance occurred to balance out high mate competition.

With a 3-1 female-male ratio, men stop fighting eachother over mates almost completely, and may devote their time to assisting their children or pleasing their women.
>>
>>50531499
Why not make the males giant mega-beasts that are so big cities can be built on them.
The females lay eggs in the male's back, a bit like those frogs that put their spawn in their own flesh (I'll let you google them, they are a touch freaky).
For the child to be male it needs to be inserted/laid/whatever in a specific area, probably near organs that produce androgens.
>>
>>50530965
Good taste anon
>>
>>50530922
There never is any noteworthy society because hunter/gatherer groups or small tribes are too small to reliably get male.

The few that manage to get population high enough to always have a guy around will be crippled by incest.

If we just have a instant medieval society because LOL, MAGIC, then males would be completely stripped of personal rights and kept in a sort of temple or fortress. The family that has a boy gets lots of prestige or maybe other reward and the child is taken and trained for his duties.

Sex with a man would be ritualised and only used for reproduction, young women would probably get more chances. Having lots of children would be respected, failing would be dishonorable.
Some would opt out of procreation, probably younger siblings. Those women would be predisposed to military or other dangerous jobs.

So all in all, less freedom and pretty shitty place to live in. Very awkward for male adventurers to travel through.
>>
>>50530922
500-1? 500-to-fucking-1? I don't think you comprehend how insane this society would seem to us.

To put this in perspective, my old high school graduating class has a little over 3,000 kids in it. So out of those 3,000 people, only seven or eight would be men, maybe even less.

And the cultural differences, Jesus Christ. If you're a 1/500 person, good luck ever going anywhere alone. Your family/tribe/group/pod/-whatever the fuck wouldn't leave you out of their sights for an instant.

Personal freedoms? Tough shit, boy. I hope you didn't have plans of running for political office, because the organs between your legs are far more valuable than anything your pretty little mouth has to say.

Oh, and let's talk about safety too. Even in a more civilized setting, your ass is in danger 24/7. If you went anywhere alone, there's a very real chance that you will be kidnapped, either by slavers, gangs, or a sick individual. This is the part where you say: "Oh hell yeah, time to drown in pussy!" Wrong. You will be used and abused constantly in a darkly realistic manner, because you are a precious commodity. STDs, rape with foreign objects, being pimped out to murderers, yeah, enjoy your new life as an object. Also, say goodbye to everyone you knew from childhood, because you probably won't be seeing them ever again.

It's very hard to imagine this sort of setting, since we live in an almost strictly 50:50 ratio world. But if these women are anything like the humans on Earth, I don't think it will end too well for the men.

That's not to say that there wouldn't be a possibility for having a good life, but most men will not have a peaceful life.
>>
>>50532702
>There never is any noteworthy society because hunter/gatherer groups or small tribes are too small to reliably get male.

>The few that manage to get population high enough to always have a guy around will be crippled by incest.

I dunno anon, what if one of the tribes realizes attacking others and stealing their males would be a good thing, and eventually grows in size to become a stable (if barbaric) horde of em.
>>
>>50532771
this is very dependent on the timer period and history of the society

if the species evolved from a harem or male dominant society like gorillas or baboons the males might be more like kings or even gods who not only hold political office but act as the determining factor for almost all major decisions the society makes

female rights and ability to lead may be a hot button issue in their political climate

keep in mid this is assuming that they are at a classical fantasy level of technology where the physically weak do not possess the power of a firearm or some other device that would allow them to compete with the physically strong. If the males are strong enough to fight off a substantial number of females then they probably rule (substantial in this case being anywhere from 10-50 at once). They wouldn't need to be able to fend off all 500 because the sense of personal safety in a sentient being would outweigh their drive to unify unless put in the most extreme circumstances.

if they males are not able to fend off the females with physical strength then yes they would probably be reduced to tools or objects
>>
>>50530922
Only males you'd ever meet are escaping gays.
>>
>>50532771
Now hang on a sec. I would agree with the first half of your post but starting from

>Oh, and let's talk about safety too.

Makes no sense. If you are valuable and assuming the civilization is past its most basic primitive stage to form a functioning society of sort, the men will absolutely not suffer from STDs, rape etc due to the absolute importance of their safety.

Anyone who would jeapordize their safety would likely, alongside with their family, destroyed.

Men would likely live in a mix of prisoner/slave and pampered. Your only source of reproduction needs food and lots of it as well as lack of exposure to the elements so as not get sick.

It would be strange but I can see like previous posters, a ritualized breeding session. Women would do hard labour and 99% of the tasks, but at such a catastrophic gender imbalance, that small male population would be protected, even if at the cost of comfort and freedom for the men.

I can see though women treating the men somewhat less aggresively than if in the reverse situation. Women and men fundamentally are the same in a lot of ways but temperment and reaction to stress/danger and stimulus does differ somewhat.

Maltreatment sure but not to the brutal and more physical as men would.
>>
>>50532801
Well, tribes would hide their men really well so raids always carry the risk of being completly pointless. And with men being constantly fought over, quite a few will get hurt/killed in the fighting or imprisonment or just because one tribe says if we can't have him, nobody can.

The resulting horde would be strongly set on expansionism. Even once they have enough males, your people's entire way of life isn't changed easily. The horde would collapse at some point because you can't conquer forever and depending on the social structure, you'd have some small groups or one central tribe with a working population.

The other groups would fade into irrelevancy and be forced to start the raiding again. If they're lucky they can beat the remnants of the old horde and the cycle starts over.

This race probably wouldn't progress into a medieval civilization and one fire or epidemic on the male hub and everyone is fucked.

Could work for geniric roaming beastfolk 1st lvl enemies I guess.
>>
>>50532982
They'd get gilded caged most likely. But I doubt they'd be raised to even want to do dangerous things, so they probably wouldn't mind.

Ants already do this entire societal concept.
>>
>>50532074
I came here just to mention Ooku.
>>
>>50533014
They wouldn't just be pampered though. Their entire lives would be set out to be as virile for as long as possible. Various types of sport, special diet, few alcohol, no drugs, that stuff.
>>
>>50530922
Chinese birth control
>>
File: asakura.jpg (393KB, 600x605px) Image search: [Google]
asakura.jpg
393KB, 600x605px
>>50530922
>What would a fantasy society be like if there was only 1 male for every 500 females, and they still needed male/female intercourse to reproduce?
It would be shit that was reiterated and reiterated over and over in various fantasy/sci-fi.

I have a better idea.
What would a fantasy society be like if there was only 1 male for every 500 females, HOWEVER, the act of sexual intercourse wouldn't be needed to reproduce?
Instead, the mere presence of a male in the vicinity would be enough to "pollinate" a reproduction-ready female.
>>
>>50533076
>I have a better idea.
What would a fantasy society be like if there was only 1 male for every 500 females, HOWEVER, the act of sexual intercourse wouldn't be needed to reproduce?
Instead, the mere presence of a male in the vicinity would be enough to "pollinate" a reproduction-ready female.
Well you would finally score for one.
>>
>>50533076

>Instead, the mere presence of a male in the vicinity, when undecided about what girl he likes, would be enough to "pollinate" a reproduction-ready female.

Fix'd.

Now you have a race of people who literally MUST go through harem anime bullshit to breed.
>>
>>50533094
>implying I'm not a 35-year old grognard with a wife and two kids
You would be surprised how many people like me You considered this being true for a moment, didn't you? Besides, I do have a fiancee.
>>
>>50533076
Males would be locked away in sealed environments and only serviced by already budding/impregnated/whatever females.

Because unless they can control their pregnancies they would be right fucked when the only male took a stroll outsize and created a population boom.
>>
>>50533070
It depends on their beliefs about 'virility'.

For example, the Spartans believed younger strong warriors made better children. Others believed that what was done in life would be passed down to children.

The smart girls would probably invent ways to maximize sperm division for pregnancy with tools, and work on keeping the boys producing lots.

Possibly the most fun part:
Amount of male sperm ejaculated before exhaustion is many times contingent on his sexual arousal.
There would literally be professional sex artists working on ways to keep him insanely aroused on command for the duration of his life.
>>
>>50530922

In human societies, even a slight imbalance in the ratio of males to females (which tends to favor males slightly outnumbering females due to female infanticide in traditional societies) has strongly correlated with those societies which have been most oppressive of women.

In a society where females outnumbered males 500:1, males would have approximately zero social and political capital. They would be less than slaves or chattel; they would be regarded as sub-whateverthespeciesis, however necessary to reproduction, simply by virtue of being totally outnumbered.
>>
>>50533489
>which have been most oppressive of women

There is a fundamental difference you are missing:
Excess males produce more of a desire to control women, since only one male can impregnate one female.

Excess females produces exactly the opposite effect over time, since males are not expected to care for or protect their children.
>>
>>50533489
I think you are confusing cause and effect here.
>>
>>50530965
implying as fuck
>>
>>50533489
Actually human sex is skewed a bit from natural causes at around 107:100 males to females. But males have lower survival which eventual pushes the ratio to about equal and then to more than equal.
>>
>>50533717
Isn't there also research that male sperm are fast but low stamina, while female sperm are slower but have more endurance. So then male on top positions are more likely to produce male offspring, with female on top more likely to produce female?

But then I saw that a while ago, so more recent research might have overturned it.
>>
>>50533774
Fuck if I know mate.
>>
>>50533810
>What's the point of being hypermasculine if there's essentially no male/male competition for mates?
Which is a good point as well.
Male evolution would probably trend toward extreme and continuous youth.
With such a small amount of them, they'd have heavy incentive to evolve out many aging mechanisms, though that make take a long time.
>>
>>50533810
to project strength

if one guy needs to protect a harem of 500 from being stolen by another male he better be swole af
>>
>>50533860
One cut and that male is dead from infection. At that point unless the male is a pseudo demigod of some kind, no, no male of humanoid proportions and strength would do that.

The females would take over labour, food production, military arms and everything to keep society stable. That one male, their lifeline and only source to continue life would if necessary be restrained and isolated to be as safe as possible. Very similar to a Termite or Ant queen, they do not project strength to others, they are kept well away out of danger to continue the reproductive cycle to keep the hive alive. The same would apply to this male.
>>
>>50534162

>you will never be the termite queen to 500 females
>>
>>50534227
Technically, all we have to do is breed more females.

Science CAN handle this.

In fact, solar system colonization would probably benefit from the tons-o-girls strategy.
>>
>>50534162
people keep comparing the society to a hive
for sentient beings I believe this is incorrect

for procedural driven creatures it works quite well but for creatures capable of making their own decisions and intelligent thought things get hard. Eventually you would have a male that wouldn't stand for the circumstances he was being put in and would try to fight for rights or fight for a different life. Males would attempt to change this society and though it might not work in the vast majority of cases eventually one will succeed and that will change the way the society works.

there are multiple kinds of ways that a creature like the one described in the OP could have evolved and while there are some that are a hive like entity where the males are kept as resources and not as beings most of the other examples we have on earth for large creatures are the opposite

large males dominate females and keep them as resources
one male could control hundreds if not thousands of females depending on exactly how strong they are

in a population of millions the 1/500 ratio might not matter as much in fact you could see a position where females are being tossed out and left to die in order to being the society to a more stable level of gender ratio
females having hundreds of children but killing or abandoning the females until they have a male

get creative
>>
>>50530922
Even if they were ruling nobility in name they'd still be pampered breeding studs on a practical level unless they want the population they rule to collapse.

Masculinity and feminity can be very socially relative and would probably be pretty irrelevant with so few males making every one a precious resource.

>How would they raise young boys in this society?
Probably a focus on safety and self-preservation along with prepping them for the cultural and practical elements of their social role. Much less focus on reckless daring and bravery when just one boy breaking his neck falling out of a tree could have a significant impact on a generation.

>>50531006
If we're assuming these people exist in the first place with the given attributes then it's not much more of a stretch to imagine that inbreeding might have a less significant impact than in a population more like normal humans.
Maybe they have a higher rate of spontaneous mutations or just suffer from few genetic disorders that would be magnified by inbreeding, or just handwave it as magic.

You could even have communities trade their males every season in a rotation to spread out diversity or other methods to help the issue.
>>
>You will never be treated like royalty by hundreds of horny women who genuinely enjoy your presence
>>
File: yogg-o-lantern.jpg (889KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
yogg-o-lantern.jpg
889KB, 2688x1520px
>>50532045
It's his dream. Let him dream, anon.

After all, it's only a matter of time before he finds a lucid dream. A monster in his nightmares. A fiend with a thousand faces.
>>
>>50530922
It would be exactly like your weird alcohol and sugar induced fever dreams about your deepest fetishes, you whore.
>>
>>50535010
>Not waifuing the cosmic horrors lurking in the dream world
It's like you don't want to be happy for the rest of your life.
>>
>>50535010
>A fiend with a thousand faces.
All of them hot girls! Imagine that?

>>50535073
Exactly. Cultivating yandere horrors is a pass-time.
>>
>>50535073
>the rest of your life

All two-to-five seconds of it? I mean, you ought to cower before its true form, at the very least. Maybe if you bow down before the god of Death, then when madness consumes you (as it will), it will hurt as much as one murder, rather than as much as a thousand deaths,
>>
>>50535137
You're doing it wrong man.

You gaze deeply into her true form and drink of its supple femininity amidst the swirling madness of distant nebulae.
>>
>>50533076
So, dwarf fortress?
>>
>>50532298
Another interesting point to consider is keeping domestic fowl. With birds that don't mate for life, like chickens and ducks, a 3:1 female to male ratio is considered the minimum while 5:1 is optimal.
The higher ratio not only prevents competition between males but reduces the abuse the females receive. Males don't have to work as hard to ensure that some of the offspring is their's, lowering their aggression and females aren't as stressed leaving a happy healthy flock and a lot less dead birds
>>
>>50535010
Daydream, thank you very much. I'm not fucking around with conscious dreaming.
>>
>>50532236
I'm sure that the men couldn't give a fuck about this, but what would the female cultural perception of lesbianism be?
>>
>>50535620
>but what would the female cultural perception of lesbianism be?
I doubt the females would even consider it to be "lesbianism", as something distinct and apart from 'romantic love and sex'. There are literally only girls in their lives for the vast majority of it.
>>
>>50530922

In order to defend borders of nations, the females will need to be large, strong, fast, and tough. Kind of like Hyenas, or Gnolls.

With no other males to model themselves off of (unless they're in a large enough society for there to be several males of the same age to grow up together) they'd likely be just like other females.

There also might be different types of females within the species, which create biological castes. Large powerful fighters; stocky, tireless workers; small, multicoloured socializers. Think about how different insects have different castes. There will also be the question of genetic diversity, some species are more resilient to the generational effects of incest with others, but there'll need to be enough males to ensure a healthy future for the next generation. I can image wars breaking out between similar societys where instead of there being full on assault or clashing armies, on team will likely just send a task force to assassinate or kidnap the males of another tribe, ensuring that said tribe will go extinct within a decade.

Therefore, the male of the species will likely spend his life being surrounded by a harem of bodyguards who double as breeding stock as selected by the nobility, maybe. For his own safety, the male will likely never be alone and will probably spend his entire life inside a fortified building where he is born, raised, educated, imprisioned, until the day he passes on.

Hey, he'll likely have other men to share his time with, they'll never leave the building either. This likely means that working class/caste will go through their entire lives never seeing another man.

Anyone have anything they could tack onto this? Anytime I hear of a fantasy society like this, it usually emphasizes how strong and independent women are and how they don't need no man. I'd be interesting to see this from another angle.
>>
>>50535353
>You gaze deeply into her true form and drink of its supple femininity amidst the swirling madness of distant nebulae.
See this is why cosmic horrors and Lovecraftian eldritch abominations won't visit us.

>to hell with humans mang
>all they wanna do is fuck us
>or cuddle
>usully both
>>
>>50533774
Well, it makes sense that male sperm would be faster. 23 of the chromosomes are identical, and the Y is way smaller than the X, so assuming the rest of the chassis is identical, a male sperm would be slightly faster than a female sperm.
>>
>>50532801

So essentially the rape of the Sabine women but in reverse?
>>
>>50534347
>Eventually you would have a male that wouldn't stand for the circumstances he was being put in and would try to fight for rights or fight for a different life.
Outnumbered 500 to 1? Not likely. Compare to how shittily homosexuals have been treated, and they make up for a 2-5% of the general populus. That's over ten times the gender ratio OP proposed.
>>
This is literally the setting of the A Brother's Price book series, for those of you who are interested.
>>
>>50533114
fucking kek
>>
>>50539519
Book. Sorry. Just the one.
>>
>>50530922
Ever see the Star Trek episode "Cogenitor"?

The Vissian race have three sexes, and the third sex of "cogenitor" is required for reproduction (though the details are not elaborated on). They only make up 3% of the population and are treated like property.

It'd probably be like that.
>>
There would seem like there's a lot of implications
>Ultimately, there would be a queen, or at least nobility, that retains the privilege to reproduce
>This also seems to imply that the species reproduced in broods, because 500:1 is a huge number
>Either that, or they systematically kill off females akin to what China already does
>Males would otherwise be considered a commodity, if not harvested for their sperm
>And that's the thing--women go into heat, and/or ovulate, while males can otherwise produce on que
>No matter how careful you are, this will ultimate lead to incest, until the population is pretty much retarded and/or has glaring health issues

That being said, breeding--while otherwise taboo to talk about in public, always fascinates me, to the point where it's even a fetish. I've often come up with stupid sci-fi scenarios in regards to breeding
>Humans have finally developed space travel and has discovered a similar, but primitive race
>Comparatively, humans are meek but otherwise physiologically similar
>In exchange for getting 'ascended', humans artificially inseminate and breed with this new, hardier race
>Imagine having a knocked up, amazonian wife carrying your hybrid baby
>>
>>50532026
At that point it wouldn't be culturally aberrant.

And sex would probably not be a pleasurable bonding experience, it'd just be a thing you do. Or like fish.
Like "Hey, here are my eggs, you mind jizzing on these?"
Oh, sure thing ma'am, have a nice day; *SPLORT*.
>>
>>50530922

I'd just base it on lion prides, personally.
>>
>>50530965
Can't dwarf the 'Dorf
>>
>>50531301
>one in five hundread babies is male
>still have monogamous relationships
Huh?

Men would be breeding studs, a life spent getting as many women pregnant as possible.
>>
>>50531048

Yeah but one female creates thousands of honeybees in a beehive, fucktard.

These men would be the foundations of nations, arguably as if not more important than queens.
>>
Either people are still raised with fathers, in which case males being rare would give them immense social power as being able to appeal to people's daddy issues and exploit the still existing concept of a paternal leader. You would have charismatic generals, cult leaders, bandit leaders, etc.

Or people are not raised with fathers, in which case males might be seen as having special or religious power, but they would not be leaders, they'd be like monks, oracles, etc.
>>
>>50531499
In their natural environment females have a larger chance of surviving and reproducing, so the embryo naturally shifts to female if it senses its mother doesn't receive any excess of nutrients.
They had to move to less fertile lands some generations ago, there they developed a culture where only the sultan's favorite wife receives enough nutrients and absence of stress to birth a son. Because military competition with rival clans necessitates that the males father as many daughters as possible every female gets to reproduce and natural selection doesn't favor a gender anymore.
>>
File: oni encounter.jpg (1MB, 992x1403px) Image search: [Google]
oni encounter.jpg
1MB, 992x1403px
>>50543228
If you're a sultan and your wives and their daughters have bested a rival clan, do you kill the enemy sultan?
I mean, men are rare and you don't want girls mating with their brothers every generation but you've been competing with this clan for resources and are probably going to kill or banish most of the people this guy is loyal to.
Maybe the sultan can't be anybody of any political importance and the gilded cage really is the only way.
>>
All the males are fat, useless NEETs that are completely insufferable as the result of being the self inserts for the sexual equivalent of a power fantasy.
>>
>>50530922
not much different from our own world.
females would try to be a stop gap for losses.
the population would drop drastically or sexual dimorphism would flip on it's head
>>
>>50532771
>stds
>polluting the one river everyone has to drink out of
I mean the other stuff is probably spot on, but nobody's going to let their precious commodity get sullied with an STD.

You are going to fuck a lot of ugly middle-aged women, though. So many ugly middle-aged women.
>>
I must say I'm glad this thread didn't turn into "Amazon Rape Fetish thread #65229"

I'm probably jinxing it by saying this though.
>>
Here's the ultimate problem with this kind of question: It's unsustainable. There will be an immense reproductive advantage for men who produce more male sperm than female sperm, since even one extra male child will dramatically boost the number of children your lineage can sire. This kind of natural selection will continue until there's no reproductive advantage in having additional male children, at which point the ratio will be far closer to 1:1 than it is currently.
>>
>>50543555

Now I want to run the setting like this. In order to keep every man happy, they are overfed and sheltered and their opinions are never challenged. It could be funny.
>>
>>50530922
The answer is: Lions. We've had this thread.
>>
>>50544226
>Directly comparing the lifestyles of animals to sentient humans

Anon, I....
>>
So the desire behind this kind of fiction is to be given a wife/wives without any kind of realistic emotional development or effort right?

Fuck that; in this setting the male has to create meaningful emotional connections with all of his wives and put in work. The females are begrudgingly accepting of the pragmatic need for polygamy, but they're not giving it up for free.

Players must carefully keep track of and consult the wife happiness matrices.
>>
>>50545944
>women have a dramatically decreased chance at procreation
>some artificial process is keeping their expectations and standards the same
what malevolent force is trying to cause all this suffering in the female gender anon?
>>
>>50543701
see:
>>50531499
>>50531624
>>50532565
>>50543228
>>
>>50546055
It could be one of those ironic planes of hell.
>>
>>50530922
pampered breeding studs, who don't need to do anything in live,
furthermore, they are seen as something holy, who most be protected at any cost, and no outsider are allowed to see them
the rest of the society is run by the the females...
>>
>>50530965

Only right answer.
>>
File: 0verflow.jpg (848KB, 4960x1450px) Image search: [Google]
0verflow.jpg
848KB, 4960x1450px
Obligatory family tree
>>
>>50530922

I think it would depend on whether 1 male is equivalent to 500 females in terms of power. Like if males of the species are natural spellcasters and women can't use magic. that greatly alters the calculations.
>>
>>50530922
From what I gather, everyone's in agreement that the men would either be at the very top of the social hierarchy (like >>50530965) with women competing for their attention, or they'd be at the very bottom as sexual objects like >>50531048 and >>50531076 say.

In my opinion, either of these is likely enough to not discount either, but which one ends up happening is determined by a lot of factors - but, in particular, whether the women largely see each other as competition (and, as such, bring each other down below the men), or they work together (and stay on top).

In a male-dominant world, the men would likely spread out as much as possible, form their own territory, and treat sons and their mothers like de facto royalty, with the servants and attitudes that entails.

In a male-submissive world, boys would mostly be used as bargaining chips, traded from one cluster of women to another until they hit puberty, at which point they'd spend the rest of their life getting milked for children and not much else.

Given how most civilizations turned out IRL, I'd tend to assume the male-dominant civilizations would be more... dominant, but it's definitely not a sure thing. Maybe there's even a mix, with the two philosophies constantly warring like France and Britain.

Really, though, go wild. The only wrong answer is "always".
>>
>>50549406

I think you're underestimating just how vast a 500-1 disparity is. In a nation of ~17 million people (the estimated population of pre-Black Death France according to Wikipedia), there would only be about ~30,000 men total. Of which anywhere from 1/3rd to 1/2 would be infertile (either too young or too old).

Most of the population will go their entire lives without seeing a male.
>>
>>50532026
I feel like there would be much, much less cultural stigma concerning polygamy and open relationships, because the concept of a closed relationship probably never really would have developed.

Like, you're gonna have to bone chicks day-in day-out until you're bored and tired of it, but you don't really talk to or know any of them. I figure in such a society there would be a lot less emphasis on physical relationships as a result, and more focus on emotional and intellectual relationships.
>>
File: mezan2[1].jpg (73KB, 678x524px) Image search: [Google]
mezan2[1].jpg
73KB, 678x524px
There's a sci-fi comic called Outsider that has an alien race composed mostly of females. Due to its maddening attention to detail, it has some background info about their pre-FTL society.

>>50533132
depends on the refractory period, availability of contraceptives, and mortality in the setting.
>>
>>50530922

Taken over instantly by any neighboring country.
>>
>>50550137
>I think you're underestimating just how vast a 500-1 disparity is.
Except I'm not.
Let's look at actual history (or at least a game abstraction thereof). Assuming that a nominal effort was made to sustain the population...
>http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/blueroom/demog.htm
>Villages range from 20 to 1,000 people, with typical villages ranging from 50-300. Most kingdoms will have thousands of them.
Alright, so the very, very smallest type of cities *probably* didn't have a male in them. That's still a better than 25% chance they did, though. At those ratios, getting pregnant would have been a once-a-year pop down to the big market in Hamletsburg to get seeds, meat to dry, and a baby if he's free. But let's assume the towns were xenophobic, and didn't share their men at all.
>Towns range in population from 1,000-8,000 people, with typical values somewhere around 2,500. Culturally, these are the equivalent to the smaller American cities that line the interstates.
Whoops, jumped straight up to five men per town. That's a lot shorter of a trip, and even avoids incest, too! Still a bit small, though. Let's look one bigger.
>Cities tend to be from 8,000-12,000 people, with an average in the middle of that range. A typical large kingdom will have only a few cities in this population range.
Decently sized population centers have about twenty men. For reference purposes, that's twenty times more than the number of leaders they had. Do you think nobody ever saw him? Just for kicks, let's see the biggest category.
>Big Cities range from 12,000-100,000 people, with some exceptional cities exceeding this scale. Some historical examples include London (25,000-40,000), Paris (50,000-80,000), Genoa (75,000-100,000), and Venice (100,000+). Moscow in the 15th century had a population in excess of 200,000!
The biggest cities would've had 50 to 400 men. While it wouldn't happen every day, seeing a man certainly isn't the once-in-a-lifetime occurrence you make it out to be.
>>
>>50550822
Due to its maddening attention to detail it puts out 1 page a year
>>
>>50550978
>>50550137
Keep in mind, those numbers were assuming people completely ignored the gender split and just farmed dirt like they did here.

In practice, the cities would likely act like beehives, with a new one only being built if a man decided (or got forced, depending) to move out to a viable plot of land and have his ±500 women build it. Only the small military outposts and temporary bases would be pure estrogen, with the women swapping out often enough to not go crazy.

Also, in a more general sense, a 1:500 ratio means that they could keep *every single woman* pregnant by pairing each fertile man up with two fertile women a day - a downright leisurely rate, even without a higher selective pressure towards shorter refractory periods, and even allows for weekends off to spend redoing any women that didn't concieve the first go-around (and conception rate would've been higher due to selective pressure), and just resting from his duties.
>>
>>50550982
We'll met real aliens before the comic finishes.
>>
File: also terrified by this.png (106KB, 315x215px) Image search: [Google]
also terrified by this.png
106KB, 315x215px
>>50547002
>pic
what
>>
>>50551673

This one guy seems to have shagged every woman in his family, even his great great great great (great?) granddaughter.
>>
>>50550978

You missed the point where something like 1/3rd to 1/2 of those dudes won't be fertile due to age, assuming these are humans or human-like. Also assuming none are impotent or otherwise too ill/injured to do the dirty.

Furthermore, rather than each dude having his own 500-man harem it's more likely they would cluster in wealthy areas. Sorta like how the queen bee doesn't really fly around.
>>
>>50552895

One-third to one-half of all women would be infertile, too... Actually, menopause would mean women would become infertile around age 50, while men continue producing sperm post-puberty, albeit at lower and lower volumes.
>>
>>50552895

>>50553105 made the age point I forgot to - kudos to him.

And even if the men don't spread out to avoid paternal uncertainty, slightly city-focused distribution isn't too bad - worst case, women could head to the city every so often to reset their biological clocks, or a lower-status man could head to the country as a heir-raising geddit? power grab.
>>
If I HAD to make this into a setting, I think we should be examining how this would impact their culture. In this fantasy society, we will use humans as a baseline.

First off, we must assume that this isn't a society thing, but a species thing. If any other society doesn't have this problem, then this problem will go away instantly, either because our fantasy society gets CRUSHED or because our fantasy society just steals enough men through war that it doesn't matter anymore.

Now that we have developed that this is a species thing, we have to assume that there are no fantasy races that are capable of breeding with our fantasy race. That also ends this conversation instantly.
Now, we also have to conclude this species is the top of the totem pole. If we want our fantasy species to be able to survive alongside other fantasy races, we have to assume one of two things. Either the other fantasy races simply haven't discovered this species yet, or our fantasy species has developed a sophisticated military to combat them.
This isn't barbarian amazon savages in a raiding party, this is a full blown army. In order to support this army, there is likely mandatory conscription or training of some kind to support the standing army needed for defense.

Now, we can't have pregnant women fighting. That's just a waste of life and potential males. And since most if not all women will be participating in this, this is a good way to make sure every woman gets her due chance at pregnancy.

When each soldier returns home from their tour of duty, they are given the chance at making a baby. Our fantasy cultures priestess or shamans commence the fertility rites. They would pray, with friends and family for a child, and if they feel lucky, for a boy. After a week or so, the women is ready, and she is presented before the man for her chance at a baby. She would consider this a rite of passage. It wouldn't be intimate and it wouldn't be a chore. It would be a culturally honored thing.<C>
>>
>>50555140
The woman who mother boys would be considered blessed, and any techniques, prayers or behavior that she says caused it will have weight amongst her peers. She may be the first in line to be a shaman or priest, and the village will assist her in raising the child.

The man will not hold a position of political power, but he will hold a position of cultural and religious power. He is a gift from god. I lost interest in this when I noticed it was a dead thread.
>>
>>50555929
>I lost interest in this when I noticed it was a dead thread.
Eh, it still has a spark of life left.

And even though I like my pseudo-feudal system (just replace divine right of kings with divine right of cocks), yours is pretty neat too. Do you have any ideas about the particular roles of men? Are they just spiritual benefactors, or do they perform other roles?
>>
>>50556059
Hey, I'm still here. I've been enjoying this conversation immensely. It's tread some new ground beyond the typical fetish-setting that this kind of world is usually made out to be.
>>
Considering that the male gender is the only one capable of the physical and mental demands of agriculture, crafting, and society in general the species would still fall into 1 male and 1 female or go extinct.

1 man cannot support 500 females, it is simply not feasible.

Better question; why is OP shitting up this board with his pathetic virgin fetish thread?
>>
>>50556301
Moooooood, /r9k/ is leaking again!
>>
File: ith7f2obgyyg4ynybfui.jpg (32KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
ith7f2obgyyg4ynybfui.jpg
32KB, 620x470px
>>50530965
Ganondorf makes so much more sense when you realize that he was the only male in his entire society. The guy was literally the Alpha of his entire universe growing up but he was raised by the most treacherous manipulative cunts in the world.

He has never, once, in his entire life met a woman who didn't plan on fucking him, he has never, once, in his entire life been told "no" for anything because his survival equates with the survival of his entire race. He is the main character of his own universe of delicious brown redheads and sandstorms. The only thing he has ever lacked for, the only thing he has ever wanted but could not have, was a father. That influence was denied him by biology. Instead he had thousands of women lusting after his gigantic green cock ever since his balls dropped and teaching him how to kill people in case some Hyrulian fag manages to penetrate the 9001 layers of defense around the fortress they probably kept him locked in because, hey, if all else fails he is still an 8 foot tall testosterone-inflated freakazoid with a nose that could penetrate seven inches of concrete.

Ganondorf's story would probably be the most interesting story one could tell in the Zelda universe. It's a story about a man who already has everything except the psychic trigger of paternal approval. Of course. Of COURSE he would seek the Triforce of Power. Of COURSE he would try to conquer the world. It isn't even a question.

The only thing he knows how to do is fuck things, so of COURSE when he learns that the world exists, his first instinct is to fuck it too. Why wouldn't he? Every single element of his environment has taught him that this is the right thing to do.
>>
>>50534247
>In fact, solar system colonization would probably benefit from the tons-o-girls strategy.
Tell me more Anon
>>
>>50556612
If I was on my pc I would screencap this
>>
>>50531461
Incest doesn't cause bad things to happen, incest in and of itself is not bad. Every single homo sapien is genetically a seventh cousin of every other homo sapien. So technically we are all incesting every time a human is conceived.

The reason why incest is bad in the eyes of society is because of genetically inherited diseases. If person A and person B both have the same biological parent, and that parent had cancer, then person A and B could both be carrying the cancer genes. Which means if person A and person B conceive children together, then the chances of those children dying of cancer increases by ridiculous degrees.

However, it should be noted that if all people involved are genetically "clean" as in no diseases what so ever, then incest isn't a problem. If I am remembering what I read correctly, all native americans are genetically descended from only 7 people. And the various tribes of Africa have more genetic diversity between themselves than all of the other races combined.

So if you take pains to point that aspect out, as either using Magic McGuffin, or Super Science McGuffin, to eliminate all genetically inherited diseases, then incest itself isn't bad.
>>
>>50558939
I gotchu senpai
>>
>>50531971
Hasn't it already been scientifically proven that the lowest number of homo sapiens you can reach and still be over all healthy is 500?
>>
File: ganon.png (83KB, 1233x292px) Image search: [Google]
ganon.png
83KB, 1233x292px
>>50558939
igy
>>
>>50532771
Finally, someone with a realistic viewpoint. Everyone is always talking about sex. Like what? You don't need sex to conceive children. Sperm can survive up to 48 hours outside of it's host, and that's without scientific equipment. All you have to do is keep it moist and in room temperature.

If a self aware society really has such a massive sex gap, then you bet your sweet lily white ass the males are going to have their limbs amputated, get hooked up to a feeder tube laced with viagra/hormones, then have electrical/magical prods shoved up their ass to force them to ejaculate to supply the demand for sperm.
>>
>>50530922
It would quickly become much less than that ratio, or the society would become completely unsustainable.
>>
>>50533774
I remember reading that too. But I also remember reading somewhere else that each testicle is dedicated to a specific chromosome. So theoretically, you can always gaurantee the sex of your child by finding out which of your male partners nuts produces which chromosomes, and then cutting out the one you don't want.

Does anyone know if that's true?
>>
>>50545779
>sentient

You mean self aware, dumb ass. Lions are fully sentient.
>>
>>50556612
>>50559063
But Ganondorf wants to take over the world because he is the reincarnation of the ancient evil demon Demise.
>>
>>50559470
And boy oh boy, that really shat up the lore
>>
>>50559689
Absolutely. But thats how it is. Nothing to do with parental approval or pampering.
>>
>>50530922
If we are assuming humans than it can go either way. I highly doubt that all men would be slaves and locked away to be milked for cum. This is because of the natural urges each gender has and the spectrum they lie on. There will be men that revolt against being used like that because that is just how they are naturally. There will be women that are disgusted at the though of locking away a man or even more so a blood relative to be fucked day in and day out because that's just who she is naturally. All it would take is one of these people in the right place at the right time with the right connections/power to flip a society like that. Look at how Rome switched to Christendom.

It would most likely be a small regional thing with the whole of the society being mixed. A town with a submissive man that enjoys being submissive would likely see that man with no power. The very next town over the sole male could be the major land owner and keeps his power by any means necessary.

Once more modern governments step into the limelight I also expect male protection forces to be created. Just like the child protective service we have now. They would go around and make sure every male was registered and properly taken care of. At that point the lines would become even more blurred. Then once we get to modern and post modern society would have move to the point where everyone is more or less equal everywhere and the male wouldn't really be forced to do much. There would be many incentives for him to bone as many women as he can but he wouldn't be forced to and would have the ability to say "no" to any woman he did not like.
>>
>>50559331
>Lions are fully sentient.
Or are they
Dun dun duuuuuuun
>>
>>50531499
A second species that is symbiotic / parasitic. It infests the host and changes its natural processes to better make its environment livable. In this case it ramps up estrogen production because it uses it for [Insert biological process here]. It also makes the host much more resilient to disease and age related ailments. It can infect a fetus through its mother and if successful the fetus will become a girl. If unsuccessful which is very rare the natural process happens and it could grow into a boy.

Unfortunately males almost never get infected and as such are much more frail than the female counterparts. When they are infected they become much more feminine but tend to burn out and become infertile as the parasite ruins their ability to properly make sperm.
>>
File: sasasa.jpg (194KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sasasa.jpg
194KB, 500x500px
If that one male was a shota this would be my fetish. But I am a pervert who has done numerous attempts in making a race where all males are shotas so I dont think I am qualified to participate.
>>
>>50530922
Women desire strong men, that has proven true in any society ever created, the number of men has no influence on that.
I fucking hate /tg/ whenever one of these threads comes up because of retarded bitches who try to live out their submissive femdom fantasies.
Male subs need to get gassed
>>
>>50559689
>>50559470
>>50559710

Yeah but it unintentionally made Ganondorf even cooler than he already was

Demise promised that he'd keep reincarnating over and over to bring ruin and shit. Ganondorf was one (maybe the first we don't know for sure) reincarnation. This is a guy that craved power for himself. He not only achieves it, he manages to take the triforce of power in OoT and becomes the lord of darkness, etc.

Here's the thing though: He can't be killed. The sages at best can banish him, seal him, anything but be able to kill him. Ganon hijacked Demise's reincarnation line. He will never die, and because of that Demise will never be reincarnated, all that power is Ganondorfs, forever.
>>
>>50560648
>Women desire strong men, that has proven true in any society ever created

Sure, whatever lets you sleep at nights.
>>
>>50530922
I came here for the picture
thanks
>>
>>50560579
> /ss/ harem

Mah Nigga
>>
File: ssa.png (608KB, 949x548px) Image search: [Google]
ssa.png
608KB, 949x548px
>>50560806
Nigguh
>>
>>50530965
>>50556612
>>50560707
Wtf I love Ganandorf now.
>>
File: 1461054473051.png (338KB, 700x645px) Image search: [Google]
1461054473051.png
338KB, 700x645px
>>50560026
Inclined to believe this. Those males will probably be taken care of. I wouldn't underestimate any gender with reigning mastery. I can't help think that some selective breeding would take place. Or at least grooming to ensure that only desirable traits flourish. Males getting less and less violent maybe?. Wonder what they'd do with the gay males.
>>
>>50560648

>>50556326
>>
>>50561096
Well, they couldn't really selectively breed men - there would be few enough that pretty much any restriction would have severe effects on the population. And grooming could only go so far as the other males (which, again, are individually essential) allow it to.

Women, however, could be selected out the wazoo. Expendability leads to eugenics, and the men might change just because of the different female population.

And gay men would admittedly be harder off than in medieval times - they'd have to make a lot more kids, but they likely wouldn't be able to find a partner, much less be able to waste their sperm on them. Now that I think about it, a lot of them would end up abusing their sons because of that.
>>
>>50561096
The eugenics part would be close to impossible to do with that ratio. Killing off a male or not fucking him because he is "violent" would be a huge loss even more so if he had other traits that were desirable. Then with how many children each male will have his traits would be flung far and wide.

A eugenics program may pop up in industrial / post industrial eras as it did in the USA and Europe but at the point its impact would be severally limited as like I said society as a whole would have moved closer to each member being "free." If a nation like Nazi Germany popped up they wouldn't dare kill off to many males because of how valuable they would be. At most the worst of the worst such as males with serious life altering deformations might be but the rest that were able body but not "desirable" in some way would probably instead be used to create "second class citizens" Because the manpower will be needed.
>>
>>50533006
>Well, tribes would hide their men really well

All I can think of is a tribe tearing through anothers camp and finding a male with coconut breasts doing his best to be as lady like as possible.
>>
>>50556612
Is this true? Not familiar at all with the Legend of Zelda universe.
>>
>>50561368
Basis is true, but theres lot of assumptions there. Ganondorf belongs to a tribe that only gets one male every hundred years or something and he tries to take over the world. Thats all they go to in the games until they made it that he is actually a reincarnation of some ancient demon. Anon's interpetation is cool but its not actually in the games.
>>
File: 1403830971796.gif (3MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1403830971796.gif
3MB, 400x267px
>>50561394
You're awesome Anon.

I think I'll make that my headcanon for the Zelda universe.
>>
>>50543325
You kill all their females to the last, and take their males but crush their spirt if it wasn't already. let them known their ownership has changed and they are not the property of your clan.
>>
>>50560648
Close but you fucked up, here I will fix it for you.

>Female subs need to go get gassed
>>
>>50561771
>>
>>50561828
Submissive females are absolutely revolting. Its disgusting to watch them simply exist. I dont understand how anyone could enjoy being around someone unsure of themselves and puts others first to the point of being self destructive.
>>
>>50530922
>1:500 ratio of M/F
Lots of lesbians.
>>
>>50556301
Hey dumb ass stop assuming the male has to be the dominate one. 500 females can easily support 1 male.
>>
I don't recall, didn't mithra just date other races in XI?
>>
>>50561876
>The race dies out once radical feminism sweeps the society
>>
>>50539582
I remember that. It killed it self after it realized its potential to do out in the world but what it was forced into and can't escape.
>>
File: Harley Quinn.jpg (60KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Harley Quinn.jpg
60KB, 640x960px
>>50561860
This is the reason.

We each could craft our own waifu from damaged chicks in the world.
>>
>>50562028
Yes you can just "craft" a woman who is sure of herself and is fully in control of her life not relying on another or wanting to rely on another.
>>
You still wouldn't be able to get a gf
>>
>>50559710
Not necessarily. I'm not that familiar with that section of the Zelda canon, but at least as far as traditional reincarnation lore goes both can still be valid.

Being a reincarnation of (important figure) can be the ultimate cause behind a certain line of destiny, but the mundane conditions needed to bring it about still have to be there. So in this case Demise would look for a suitable host for its spirit, find Ganondorf, whose life circumstances are compatible with Demise's desire to bring ruin, and incarnate into that body. Ganondorf would then be raised in a way that would shape him into what he would become, oblivious to his other identity, until he awakened to this fact.
>>
>>50530965
underrated post
>>
>>50562120
Anon, the purpose of these settings isn't too get a girlfriend, that implies effort and socialization. If people wanted effort they'd just get a real relationship.

The point of these is to have a bunch of mom's that would fuck you.
>>
>>50562131
They dont talk anything about Ganondorf's parents in the games so anything talking about it would be something a fan came up with.
>So in this case Demise would look for
Unfortunately thats not how it goes in Zelda. Demise reincarnated as Ganondorf who is born due to Demise's desire for destruction and power willing him to be born or something to that nature. If Ganondorf was permanently defeated in a game he most likely would be reborn and reincarnated by Demise's will eventually again. In the same way as Zelda and Link are reincarnated periodically by the will of goddess Hylia to oppose Demise/Ganondorf/Ganon. That explains how every game has Zelda and Link in them.
>>
>>50558923
Simple logistics, one guy can simultaneously impregnate plenty of girls, the opposite doesn't work nearly as well
Truth be told it's not really a that great of a boon so much as the opposite being very bad for the first couple of generations

>YFW you'll never live in a future world where humans have been genemodded so gender ratios are massively skewed in favor or females for the sake of planetary colonization
>>
File: Overheating.gif (1MB, 503x608px) Image search: [Google]
Overheating.gif
1MB, 503x608px
>>50562639
Well, at least I'd have a higher chance of getting nookie. Unless lesbianism is genetic, in which case, damn.
>>
>>50559153
>Does anyone know if that's true?
Hell no

>>50560579
>But I am a pervert who has done numerous attempts in making a race where all males are shotas so I dont think I am qualified to participate.
I would like to hear of them

>>50561096
>>50561206
>>50561263
Eh, depends on the available male population, if there's a couple of spares it's not unbelievable some would be favored over others
I could easily see a situation where a submissive male is breed far more than a more willful and disruptive one, if that sort of thing happens over enough generations natural selection will take it's course

>Gay males
Same way gay nobles were treated in medieval times, long as you do your duty as a male and father kids no one will really give a shit about you fucking men behind closed doors

>>50561394
>>50561426
Wind Waker has him explaining his reason for invading was the Hyrulians were assholes who wouldn't let the brown, (nearly) all female tribe of desert amazons have some half decent farmland for themselves and once he got going with the demon summoning and necromancy to aid the war efforts he sorta lost track of his original goal
>>
>>50562820
> if that sort of thing happens over enough generations natural selection will take it's course

Natural selection does not work that fast. It took most of all of human society just to domesticate wolves and turn them into dogs.
>>
>>50562820
>Wind Waker has him explaining his reason for invading
Which was thrown to the dumpster with Skyward Sword.
>>
>>50562864
Depends, an attempt to do the same with foxes was done a few years ago and it turned out to only take about 3-5 generations to get the traits commonly associated with domestication
If there's a strong selection pressure natural selection happens FAST, though I doubt the effects would be that fast in this situation, if only because the less "domesticated" males would still be breeding, just not as much

>>50562869
Their not mutually exclusive, his reason for invading could have been "Give us some non shitty land you pointy eared fucks" but the reason he was a warhawk and/or went full evil sorcerer to aid the war effort was due to Demise
>>
>>50562820
>I would like to hear of them

Why on earth would you like to do that?
>>
File: 2016-04-18.jpg (488KB, 650x869px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-18.jpg
488KB, 650x869px
>>50562820
>>
>>50560579
>>50562639
>>50562706
>Scifi setting where genemoding features very heavily in the background
>As each successive generation of colonization ships are sent out, their passangers are modified more to better be able to suvive the risks of setting up a new coloney
>Because reaons the most common problem is population colaspe after the infrastruture is set up
>Eventualy it occurs to someone that one male + 99 women can equal nearly twice the amount of kids as 50 men + 50 women
>Next wave of colonizations heads out, gender ratios tweaked to 1:500 and a few other modifications to encurage breeding, wave succeds far better than average
>Getting feed back from those colonies, Earth realizes the men don't have time to do much else so inorder to conserve mass/space during space travel and to minimize their resource impact on the colonies, the next wave of men are modified to be qt permashotas, less of an improvment, but still makes things easier in the first days
>Realizing they'd be the ones doing most of the heavy lifting, at least until automation is set up, for the next wave they modify women to be tall, muscular, amazonian beauties, this proves to be the ideal setup
>Pretty soon humanity becomes mostly a race of space amazons expanding out into the cosmos

>>50562991
I think you can guess anon
>>
File: 1425959468683.jpg (309KB, 1151x1378px) Image search: [Google]
1425959468683.jpg
309KB, 1151x1378px
>>50563294
>I think you can guess anon

Well yeah, but I dont think just mere ideas of /ss/ races are fapworthy. I would know.
>>
>>50563427
True, but they can still act as inspiration for my own ideas
>>
>>50532090
This isn't necessarily a dichotomy: males would likely be accorded a lot of nominal status, or even "on paper" power, but could have very little real choice or freedom (as obvious targets for assassination or ransom by rival clans or what have you) or access to the usual paths to education or practical power.

Think Chinese emperors.
>>
>>50561860
t. numale mangina
>>
>>50530922
Harems, nothing else would change. Women would still be incompetent opportunists that would rather send men to die than do anything themselves.

Remember that above all polygamy (or polygyny if you want to be anal about it) favors women, not men. It allows women to select the highest value men and share them (to put it in very simple mathematical terms, if you have man A who earns 1 million every year and man B who earns 10k every year, it's more beneficial for two women to share man A than for one of them to marry man A and the other to marry man B. Under polygyny both women win and one man loses, under monogamy both men win and one woman loses).

To meaningfully change gender dynamics, you either need non-mammals or mammals with really fucked up genders like spotted hyenas (where the women have dicks, I kid you not).
>>
>>50564119
This isn't how most people think, or act. And you seem to think that the two women in your scenario are interchangeable, so that man B "wins" no matter which one ends up with him.

If people around you act like robots attempting to maximise their expected income and number of children, I'd suggest getting the fuck out of wherever you are.
>>
>>50564355
Ignore him anon, at best he's a troll at worst he's the sort of person that the only women able to tolerate him are those that seek to take advantage of him
>>
>>50564355
>This isn't how most people think, or act.
It is though, which is how societies develop. Polygyny without creating an underclass of optionless men only works if you give those optionless men a way to steal women from other societies (point in case: Islam. Look up "those whom your right hand possesses", and that's assuming 72 virgins isn't enough of an incentive for incels).

>And you seem to think that the two women in your scenario are interchangeable
Both are reproductive options, which is the (biological) end goal for both men. Of course they're not entirely equal, but they're more equal to the men than the men are to the women.

>If people around you act like robots attempting to maximise their expected income and number of children
We are, to a very large extent, mere slaves of our biology. Which is why in most (non-suicidal) societies ascetics are so respected: they manage to overcome their biological drives through sheer willpower. Monks aren't asexual (usually), they refrain from reproduction (assuming they're actually legitimate and don't fuck nuns when nobody's watching) in spite of their sexual urges.
>>
>>50564425
>If women seek to take advantage of men, these men had it coming
Whatever helps you sleep at night, faggot.
>>
>>50564475
>>50564489

>>50556326
>>
Edgy tangent aside, let's talk sociology. I'm going to assume these are Star Trek-level rubber-head aliens: basically humans except for the few ways they're not.

Nuclear families, or even extended ones are out for obvious reasons. The basic unit of society would need to be something like a clan: a fairly large group linked through a mixture of actual kinship and formal arrangements (such as daughters from other clans "married" in - marrying off sons would be rarer, and more significant). A clan would be around 2000 individuals, so a sizeable village, with about 3-4 males of reproductive age, and hopefully some younger ones*.

Males would be important, ceremonially, but probably have little in the way of real power. I'm imagining them as a sort of priest caste. There is probably a great deal of prestige and power in being the mother, sister or aunt to a high-ranking male (but not daughter, they'd have too many).

*Which is more than 0.2%, because young females would be far more likely to die doing something dangerous.
>>
>>50564583
The basic unit of society could also be the individual. Citizens would satisfy their desire for belonging with rampant consumerism.
Every single citizen is a productive member of society, earning a wage and feeding it into the huge industrial capitalism machine, driving up the production of the nation and turning it into an economic superpower.
>>
>>50530922
It'd probably be a society formed around the superiority of the female sex. They take on the roles of warrior and administration, with status being measured in the virility of her male counterpart, or how many male concubines she has. Larger men may be allowed to take on female relegated roles, but they will seldom be taken seriously, if ever. After all they're just men playing pretend.

If females are expected to all get their fair share or man, then the males would be groomed at the very least to have a lot of stamina if nothing else. They'll be expected to conform to some difficult standard of beauty, and will be expected to dedicate a large portion of their lives attaining it, be it shota-esque androgyn, or bodybuilding muscle monster. It would all depend on the taste of the ruling dynasty. If this requires something bizarre like a specific phallic length, they might be pierced at a young age and a weight tied to it so it lengthens over their life.

Male children's lives would change drastically based on where they are born. Those in high society will be groomed and taught in many forms of entertainment and combat(to defend the mistress and homestead if a rival warlady invades). Lower born males will more likely spend their trying to seduce a patron to take them in, or resort to prostitution. Because the male is needed to impregnate a woman, it will still be his responsibility to raise children born from his loins. To avoid the extra expenses, they will probably be required to consume anti-fertility medication unless they have a specific mistress that wants to extend her family.
>>
>>50564882
>The basic unit of society could also be the individual.
Some sociology/anthropology major can correct me if I'm wrong, but I was always under the impression that individualism was the luxury of societies that can afford it, with collectivism being more 'natural'.
>>
>>50561096

So who's the artist for this anyway?
>>
>>50565008
>having multiple male concubines
how freaking large is this setting?
how many empresses are there demanding man-tax from the countryside?
>phallic length, piercings
uuh, sure, whatever gets you off I guess
>Lower born males will more likely spend their trying to seduce a patron to take them in, or resort to prostitution. Because the male is needed to impregnate a woman, it will still be his responsibility to raise children born from his loins.
Oh, I get it. You're trying to ruin OP's fetish fantasy. Yeah, you can't just do that.
If you're going to annoy a guy by gruesomely outlining the real-world implications you've got to make sure those implications logically follow. You can't just invent them.

The premise is that 1 in 500 children is born male, one in freaking 500. Yeah, they're totally going to use that guy to be a 50's housewife.
I mean, are you serious? Only noblewomen get to breed? And on top of that they're picky?
The lowerborns (that somehow exist) need to try to seduce a patron, who I guess has just so many suitors to pick from, instead of, I dunno, fucking 499 patrons. And those women are so busy providing for their husband that he's the one expected to raise the children. Even though there's a huge surplus of people on whose constant pursuit of pro-creation the survival of the species doesn't depend.
And then you're talking about anti-fertility medication for men. You know what, sure. Whatever. If you want to invent a scenario in which a great shortage of men results in a diminished valuation of men and fathers go ahead. Just keep it to yourself. Because this is painfully stupid.
>>
>>50564882
Eventually, perhaps. I was assuming a medieval of earlier-style society, because /tg/.

>>50565008
>or how many male concubines she has.
On average, 0.0002 concubines.
>>
>>50530922
Dear god shut up with your thinly veiled harem fetish
>>
>>50565356
>of
*or, damn it.

I suppose >>50565008 could be suggesting that concubines are counted non-exclusively, so any given male can count as "hers" even if he's also someone else's.
>>
>>50565247
The society already has to be large and industrial, because they need at least half a million people together in one place to keep a stable population of men going.
In tribe format this could never work, maybe if it was 1 in 50 rather than 1 in 500 and the tribes regularly exchanged sons.
>>
>>50565352
>how freaking large is this setting?
I'm assuming this is a moderately sized nation of a couple million.
>how many empresses are there demanding man-tax from the countryside?
Just one, but if the roles are reversed, someone in power won't be satisfied with just one.
>Oh, I get it. You're trying to ruin OP's fetish fantasy. Yeah, you can't just do that.
Not my intention, but yeah I can.

>You can't just invent them.
Don't need to. They already exist IRL. Circumcisions, foot binding, neck lengthening, it's all there. But they are designed around making a woman more attractive in their culture. I'd assmue the same would occur in a female dominated society.

>Yeah, they're totally going to use that guy to be a 50's housewife
Yes. If they're at home, you know where they are. They aren't out getting abducted by a rival.

>fucking 499 patrons
Well now you're assuming the society is far larger than I did. I'm talking about wealthy patrons who can afford to spend their fortune on dirty peasants rather than gouging what wealth they can out of the poor.

>And those women are so busy providing for their husband that he's the one expected to raise the children.
Well if he doesn't do it, who will?

>Even though there's a huge surplus of people on whose constant pursuit of pro-creation the survival of the species doesn't depend.
Once the population reaches a specific size I don't think the threat of extinction hangs as low as you assume. It's less survival and more a hedonistic pursuit.

>Just keep it to yourself. Because this is painfully stupid.
Did I strike a chord? Sorry but any society that has gone past stone throwing savages will worry less on population size and more on resource distribution. You aren't going to get a magical realm where men are put on a pedestal and get giant harems, just another asset to be used, and passed around to allies.
>>
>>50565387
Yes, I was using China's Imperial court as a counterpart. The ruling empress may have one she is officially married, to, but she also has free pick of any other men in the court, regardless who they belong to.
>>
>>50565552
1 in 500 dude
it's not going to be earth but gender reversed, you have to realize that
yeah, men are going to be powerless, but you can't take men being powerless and extrapolate back from that like men aren't still rare
either a man has 500 wives or he has 100 wives and they're getting 5 kids on average, with the vast majority of the women in society never mating
A woman, even an empress, having multiple harem boys is out of the question. That's matter for settings in which the ratio is only scewed to 1 in 20 or 1 in 100.
Also, this one guy isn't going to play nanny to 500 kids, alright? If in their culture you can be too busy doing important business to raise your own daughter they'd probably have lower class women take care of the higher class women's daughters for them.
I can't believe I have to explain this. Isn't it self-evident? Yeah, the guy is not going to be free and treated like a person instead of an asset. But that's because he's too important to society, not because he's not important enough. I mean what level of wilful ignorance do you have to even be at?
>>
File: 1480308124706.jpg (116KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480308124706.jpg
116KB, 900x300px
>>50561096
Stop forcing your magical realm anon.
In a situation like this men would have even more power and women would be disposable.
There is no definite evidence homosexuality is something you're born with.
>>
>>50565897
>Women
>Disposable
Doubtful. Women would never treat men as non-disposable unless there are less than ten left in a given country (micronations don't count).
>>
>>50565897

>>50556326
>>
>>50565962
Anon this thread is /r9k/
>>
>>50565982
But only few edgelord posters are woman hating in this thread so it can't be.
>>
>>50565982
No, it's a perfectly board-appropriate setting speculation thread.
If anything, it has a splash of /h/ and/or /u/, not /r9k/.
>>
File: This is how I worldbuild.png (22KB, 460x107px) Image search: [Google]
This is how I worldbuild.png
22KB, 460x107px
>>
>>50530922
I've seen this artist's works before but I can't find them again, and Danbooru and SauceNao provide nothing.

Spoon me.
>>
>>50563499
>Think Chinese emperors.
This, but no where near as important
On paper they'd have a lot of power/respect, but in practice everyone around them would make their decisions for them and most of their actual 'jobs' would be ceremonial beyond fathering kids
>>
It wouldn't work with individuals, the species wouldn't survive long enough. In hive species, the male is basically a sack of gonads only birthed when needed; if a hive had to go out and find a male whenever it needed to reproduce, and the male was intent on its own survival rather than survival of the species (as most creatures are), the odds of finding a male would be slim. They get even worse if it's a single female hunting for a mate rather than a hive - 1 in 500 odds means that 499/500 times, the female would have to expend energy to find another member of the species only to discover that they're just another female. If the odds were better - one in 50, or better yet one in five - then it could happen and has before. But 1 in 500? Nope.

That said, this assumes that there's a relatively small degree of sexual dimorphism. A gender-reversed version of a beehive would be possible, with infertile female workers, a bloated male "king," and the capacity to birth females that are basically living egg sacs whose only purpose is to mate with the king, lay the fertilized eggs, and die. In fact, that might be a viable evolutionary strategy - when a hive wants to spread, it makes a birthing female (ensuring at least one male egg, somehow) and sends her off with a horde of workers and warriors to find a new home. Once they arrive, the workers construct a hive, and the female gives birth, allowing the older and weaker workers to expire over time while the younger workers and the new hive king grow. Maybe the female lays a few "time-delay" birthing female eggs, and the king "activates" them as needed to keep growing the new hive.

Tl;dr: If you wanted the world's biggest harem anime, then you're fucked; if you wanted a gender-reversed beehive, then you're cool.
>>
>>50565766
>1 in 500 dude
In a society of literal millions.
>it's not going to be earth but gender reversed
No, it's going to be a society that exploits a rare commodity.
>that like men aren't still rare
No, but they are still a luxury resource. Some will exploit that fact, others will be exploited by it.

>A woman, even an empress, having multiple harem boys is out of the question.
Why? An empress has absolute power. If she decides to take that cute looking servant boy that belongs to her general, what's stopping her? If she decides to move, men in outlying villages, leaving them with one so she can indulge in a palace of men for herself/gift them to officers, what's stopping her?

>Also, this one guy isn't going to play nanny to 500 kids, alright?
This is still a pre-industrial society so child births are likely. That number will probably be closer to 2000(4 per woman, in case the first 3 die before adulthood). So collectives will be more likely than a single man.

>If in their culture you can be too busy doing important business to raise your own daughter they'd probably have lower class women
That's a poor use of farming women. Less time in the field, less crop yield. Put them into a daycare collective with the men. Men that are out of rotation for breeding can live in collectives where they can teach children what they need to know for their role in society. Higher society won't have to worry as they'll have the entirety of their estate to look after them.

>But that's because he's too important to society, not because he's not important enough.
Which is why he can't be trusted to do anything that even remotely puts him at risk. Even so he still has to pull his weight when not breeding. Anything less is a waste of resources.

>I mean what level of wilful ignorance do you have to even be at?
Slightly above the level where you think a society will waste resources on second class citizens that contribute nothing in return.
>>
>>50565413
Wandering bards and their female roadies. Boys would be sent to work at the local inn for travelers. Look up where your male ancestors were from and check out the inn brochures to see what your stud options are and head off for a vacation.
>>
>>50566514
As it's been noted in the thread, the focuses on individualism is actually fairly recent in human history, varying degrees of collectivism is the default state of humans until you get a somewhat modern amount of surplus resources.
In anything other than a modern setting there would be IMMENSE social pressure for the guy to do his duty for the good of the tribe/town/empire/whatever from day one

And as also noted, a 1:500 ratio isn't that bad, it averages to less than two women a day, well within the realm of possibility without making any other modifications to this version of humanity

>>50565766
>>50566658
On one hand, I could see an empress having a personal harem and it not harming society in any significant way (unless she does something like declare all the men hers), the numbers aren't that bad and he does have a point about body modification to match the standards of beauty, on the other hand most of the rest of his assumptions are bullshit and most likely a byproduct of not being too familiar with how cultures can develop outside his own
>>
Aren't the Elerians, aka Blue Space Waifus like that? The men are powerful telepaths and there's a few of them, while the women are the soldiers, laborers, and so on.
>>
More than likely what will happen is a few things.
1. at that ratio having a Son will be a large boon to a woman as she can charge for his Stud Services.
2. Marriages and formal mating partnerships are out the window. He is more likely to spend 1 day a year with each female, and rotate though a colony of females as they pay for his stud services. This day will be spend doing nothing but eating, and mating. Once a female is pregnant she can be removed from the rotation but likely every male will have a group of females (365 perhaps) that he is responsible for servicing.
>>
>>50567367
The former is likely, the latter not so much, the ratio is not that huge that that sort of thing would develop
>>
>>50563427
>>50562820
He may not want to share his ideas but I do
For a scifi setting I'd probably do something like >>50563294, albeit with a nod to the fact that even though it's an effective set up, the leaders of the project that developed them was probably at least somewhat motivated by fetish reasons

For a fantasy setting, well there's two ways I'd handle it, the very /d/ way, summed up in these two pastebins
http://pastebin.com/HwLMccnP
http://pastebin.com/RuV96uB6

And the I might actually run this setting way, main points summirized
>Both orcs and elves matriarchal and rather militaristic though in differing ways.
>The two races are very closely related, but neither them nor their gods want to even think about it how eactly I haven't flesh out other than that it's been almost completely erased from history to the point that even their gods don't really know what's really going on
>While the gender ratio wouldn't be 1:500 though that is an idea..., by far the majority of elven archers/mages and orc warriors will be female, and they tend to be bigger/stronger than their male counterparts
>Both the races share the same ideal beauty for reasons, that of an androgynous swimmers physique, leading to the whole
>All elves looking like females and orc's tendencies to kidnap and rape/"marry" other races stim from this
>Both races are pretty big on an individual and the larger society showing they're strong enough to dominate those beneath them
>Orcs are more overt about physical/military domination
>Elves tend to more social/political displays of dominance over their lessers
>Drow aren't too different from surface elves, other than being a LOT more willing to resort to murder as a first option
>Yes that means when orcs rape and pillage it's more likely for them to carry off attractive men than attractive women
>Same thing happens when the elves rape and pillage as well
>>
>>50530922
>Would they be revered nobles or just pampered breeding studs?
What do you think nobles are?
>>
>>50571313
Some are leaders, some are just for breeding, personally I get the feeling they'd be the latter in this situation
>>
>>50530922
I dunno, man, but I'm liking the idea of a harem of bunny girls that your image put into my head. Therefore, I'm gonna go with fertility festivals every month where the females line up to get bred by the sperm faucet. Yeah, that sounds fucking awesome.
>>
>>50571548
>the sperm faucet
>Bunnygirls didn't even bother giving the male a name or learning it if he already had one
>He's just the sperm faucet to them
>As is any other male they meet
>"the sperm faucet" is simply a direct translation of their language's word for male
>>
>>50563028
Best summary of why he invaded there is
>>
STOP TALKING

POST SHOTAS
>>
>>50575647
You start
>>
>>50575647
>>
>Would the males try to be as masculine as possible, or try to be as feminine as they can to fit in with the rest of society?
That's a misleading question. In this context, the standards for "masculine" and "feminine" are going to be quite different. Females are the more expendable sex in this society, so they will form the working and warrior classes.

If we assume that the male/female ratio is the result of biology and not some magical effect, then we should also assume that sexual dimorphism follows suit. Females should be the stronger of the species since they will be bearing the brunt of physical risks. You see this borne out in nature when the male of the species fucks off after sex and the female is solely responsible for rearing children.

So to answer the question, males won't try to fit in with female society, but the masculine ideal won't be particularly "macho" by our standards.
>>
bump for more harems.
>>
File: space decadence.jpg (783KB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
space decadence.jpg
783KB, 1920x2951px
>>50575647
>>50583692
>>
>>50583809
>"trained from pre-birth"
How does that even work?
>>
>>50583869
It's smut, I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>50583869
Subliminal in-vitro recordings.
>>
>>50583809

I can only imagine how fucked in the head those two are, as training would involve child sexual abuse all throughout. Of course it could be that kind of setting that also has child soldiers and other atrocities, but I somehow can't imagine it would.

What is wrong with me that I'm trying to dissect smut?
>>
>>50543613
They would most likely be hooked up to "milking machines" and their semen collected and auctioned off to the highest bidders if they are "prime studs" and then sold at a generic price for those of the ordinary caste.

So they wouldn't even be threatened with STDs - they would just go about their business with a milker on their wangs, and be disease-free.
>>
>>50545944
So.. Harvest moon, then?
>>
>>50531301
Incest wouldn't actually be nearly as damaging if it were more common. The real reason it's dangerous today is because it's not common, but after centuries of it being practiced all of the retarded and misshapen freaks would be bred out of the gene pool. It's happened in reality plenty of times, like with cheetahs and early humans.
>>
>>50560579
>>50563294
>>50570959
>retarded /ss/fag worldbuilding
You faggots always come in to threads like these and hijack them and I find that absolutely fine because I'm also one of you degenerates

Current retarded idea I'm working on:
>World in which there's a high degree of androgyny between males and females
>And by that I mean all the boys look like girls
>Boys and girls almost impossible to tell apart before their early teens
>Puberty hits girls much harder than boys
>Boys start producing sperm and that's about it, remaining fairly neotenous for most of their lives
>Only kind of reliable way to tell apart a child from an adult male is height and disposition, though even 'mature' males are still quite upbeat and childlike
>On the other hand, girls develop great big anime tiddies and hips: while childlike boys can still have sex, women still need to have bodies equipped for having kids
>Childlike mind of boys subconsciously attracted to more 'motherly' bodies, leading to even further exaggeration of big boobs and hips, as well as women tending to be taller
>When girls hit puberty they get blasted with a monstrous amount of hormones in order to fuel their development into MILFy body types, resulting in mood swings, hot flushes and estrus-like behaviour
>Due to childlike appearance of boys, features women find attractive (typically cute stuff like big eyes and long soft hair) are often found in children as well
>Results in pedophilia being pretty a rampant problem in the female population
>Male birth rate being noticeably, but not disastrously, lower than that of females also leads to more competition and desire for a mate amongst women
>Middle schools and high schools constantly having to deal with sweaty, horny, hormonal teenage girls fighting over and attempting to molest and rape the smaller populations of vulnerable trappy boys and shotas in lower years
>>
File: stoperect.gif (1MB, 612x344px) Image search: [Google]
stoperect.gif
1MB, 612x344px
>>50586032

Pic related.
>>
>>50530922
Someone has never read Brother's Price before
>>
>>50584041
Eh, it really doesn't matter. People can adapt to nearly anything, and if that shit happened in a culture that doesn't see it as a bad thing they could probably lead decent human lives.
>>
>>50586032
>Last part
Perfect
>>
Bump, just cause
>>
File: 1454047026970.jpg (27KB, 705x696px) Image search: [Google]
1454047026970.jpg
27KB, 705x696px
>>50547002
What the hell
>>
File: 1361846086139.jpg (320KB, 1701x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1361846086139.jpg
320KB, 1701x1080px
>>50547002
Seen it before, but damn if it isn't still creepy as hell.
>>
>>50556612
Don't forget Gerudo women can bear children with Hylian men. MAYBE he even knows his father in a random incarnation, but whatevs.

Ganon is obviously the Gerudo god made mortal.
>>
>>50559470

Just came in here to say that, while he is the reincarnation of Demise, he is also still his own person. He has no memories or knowledge that he is the reincarnation of anything. Considering the wide array of Zeldas with different personalities and desires there have been, I'd have to say that the whole reincarnation thing has little to do with their personality. At the very least, not NEARLY as much to do with their personality as their surroundings do.

At best, the reincarnation of Demise is ensured to be born in a situation like Ganondorf's so as to ensure that his hatred has a reason to manifest, just as the reincarnation of Hylia is ensured to be born as the the metaphorical Princess of whatever kingdom is closest to the Triforce so as to more properly protect it. And, I say metaphorical princess because she was not born a princess in Skyward Sword because there was no king. Instead, she was born the headmaster's daughter. But, just as Zelda is still her own character despite her reincarnation, Ganondorf is as well.

>>50560707

I would also like to say that just as Zelda is the only reincarnation of Hylia, Ganondorf is the only reincarnation of Demise. But, it IS true that the Ganondorf we know (in most games) HAS hijacked the reincarnation line and won't let it go.

But, he's not IMPOSSIBLE to kill. He DID die in Wind Waker, but the wish that the King made ensured that Demise would never reincarnate, so he was the only Ganondorf to ever be born in that timeline.

He also died in another timeline (presumably) in Twilight Princess. But, he was reincarnated in Four Swords Adventure. So, we DO at least have one instance of Demise reincarnating again as a Ganondorf NOT from Ocarina of Time origins.

Though, yeah, he's completely fucked up the reincarnation line in the last timeline by trying to get himself resurrected. Thanks to that, it seems that Demise's existences is now just stuck waiting for someone to resurrect that specific Ganondorf again.
>>
>>50530922
pampered breeding studs at that scale, otherwise humans would die out.
1 man per 3 women is the question. men wouldn't be nobles by inheritance and probably wouldn't hold much power but they'd live well since women of power by title or wealth would run off with most men.
polygamous relationships would maybe be a thing amongst the less fortunate.
>>
>>50530965
(G)Anon
>>
>>50556301
>male gender is the only one capable of the physical and mental demands of agriculture, crafting
t. never been to the countryside
>>
>>50549406
Male-dominated societies are pretty likely, because in a female-dominated society, leading females are incentivized to monopolize males, so these societies won't propagate as quickly - and since the difference in genders is huge, this effect will be pretty huge too. With a male-dominated society, men are able to use very close to all of their females*, on the other hand, and reproduction will approach human optimal.

*There are 365 days in a year, a human female can undergo about one pregnancy per year without adverse health effect, and a healthy man who's in the practice of having lots of sex can fuck maybe three times in a night, albeit with somewhat reduced fertility. Genetic tendencies aren't being considered here, since genetic reproductive advantage would eliminate a ratio like this anyway.
>>
>>50539666
Satan, my sides.
>>
>>50530922
>What would the males be like?
Very, very busy.

and deaf.
>>
>>50597094
>otherwise humans would die out.
I still don't see why that would happen
>>
>>50530922
Men would be pampered studs with no real power
Women would control the society and hold all the important positions
Lesbiand relationships would be the norm, but with no historical context for f/f childbirth or protecting lineages, sex would be more casual among women and things like extramarital sex, groupsex, incest and underage sex wouldn't be considered too bad
Men would be considered holy and sex with them would be considered a spiritual experience
Women would be the "earthly" sex and men the "heavenly" sex
Men would suffer lighter punishment for committing crimes due to their inexpendability
Women who birth men would be elevated whereas impotent men would be seen as bad omens
>>
>>50551673
>>50594637
>>50594691
Worst part is, I think it's from a series of dating Sims
>>
>>50609691
>Men would suffer lighter punishment for committing crimes due to their inexpendability
implying they would be given enough freedom for them to commit crimes. they'd we under guard nonstop so they won't hurt theselves
>>
>>50559109
>the males are going to have their limbs amputated, get hooked up to a feeder tube laced with viagra/hormones, then have electrical/magical prods shoved up their ass to force them to ejaculate to supply the demand for sperm.
Get your fetishes gone from this thread.
>>
>>50556612
Holy shit, you're right. Especially considering the fact that when he discovers an outside world, of course he wants to fuck it. Also, if he's basically been bred to fuck, it makes sense that he wants to do something different. Maybe he doesn't want to continue doing what all of his male ancestors have done, maybe he wants to be different...

Or maybe he just wants variety of poon.
>>
>>50610481
No
Nobody would teach males how to fight/read/do anything useful if they were that rare.
Instead of a mega badass you'd have a spoiled autist
>>
>>50530922
Fooking Tarka, mate. Jess fooking Tarkas.
>>
>>50610405
For the most part, yes, but no system is foolproof.
Say a man killed one of his guards/mates, unless they were a noble or ruler, it wouldn't be considered as much of a crime as killing a man or a woman killing another woman. Or if they plotted to get on of their guards to kill someone, the retibution would fall on the women who conspired with the man, not the man themselves.

On an untelated note, the temperament of a man would have big implications on villages with few males and though they wouldn't hold any real power, they would still hold quite a bit of influence. Also, given their rarity it would be near impossible to replace them, unlike a ruler.
>>
File: 1471517906140.png (381KB, 639x344px) Image search: [Google]
1471517906140.png
381KB, 639x344px
>>50610481
It's a fun explanation, but a lot of it is assumptions. Ganondorf is the only male of the Gerudo race, but he wasn't a breeding stud because Gerudo females are capable of breeding with Hylian males and producing full blooded Gerudo. Source being the gossip stones in OoT saying that Gerudo sometimes go to Hyrule to kidnap "boyfriends" and Link had to save the Hylian carpenter guys from presumably getting raped to death. There's a bit of magical biology to it, but Ganondorf is not necessary to the continuation of his race. It's very likely that he was never told "no," but that's probably due to the custom of making the sole male become king rather than a survival thing.

I'm not sure where that anon got daddy issues from (why would a guy who doesn't know what a father is want the approval of one? More likely he'd want to not be alone in his maleness), but Ganondorf being "raised by the most treacherous manipulative cunts in the world" thing is spot on. The guy has two moms, who are actually sisters, who are actually a single witch split into two people. Or two witches that regularly fuse into a 9 foot green MILF? Not sure, but that seems like an environment that could mess a person up, especially when the entire race is made up of thieves and raiders.

As for motivation, that's been explained as him watching too many delicious brown girls die in the sandstorms of the hellhole that is Gerudo Valley. When he discovered the outside world, he realized that not everywhere is a hellhole that kills the brown girls. So he decided he wanted to conquer the place that didn't suck so that his million sisters could live, and got lost in his quest for power along the way. So yeah, he did want to fuck the world as soon as he discovered it.
>>
>>50610390
you'd be correct. If i remember right, the infamous school days is among them.
>>
>>50609691
Imagine about the phallic symbols. They would probably be somewhat holy, or considered to bring good luck.
>>
>>50612571
>They would probably be somewhat holy, or considered to bring good luck
You just described 99% of human history man
>>
>>50612656
Well true, but imagine the possible difference in magnitude. The D would possibly be the high point of many, even most women's lives.
>>
>>50559109
>>50612732

See >>50551352.
If a man has sex twice a day, then the average woman would get her turn more than once a year.

Definitely something to look forward to, but not a life's achievement.
>>
>>50612732
>>50612571
Every festival would be Kanamara Matsuri
>>
>>50612732
>90% of human history
>>
File: tumblr_obwrd6UZwe1v440g1o1_500.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obwrd6UZwe1v440g1o1_500.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>50530922
See: bees and ants. For a species to naturally have this kind of sex ratio it would imply an organism like a bee or ant. Ant queens only mate once and get enough sperm to produce offspring for their 30+ year lifespan. Bee queens mate once a year with 15-20 males from surrounding hives. Essentially the way their genome works means that males of these species are "incomplete" females, and will hatch from unfertilized eggs. The queens need sperm to fertilize their eggs to create workers/other females.

If you had a species like this it would definitely be set up like an insect colony. Only queen females would reproduce and have sex, they would be capable of mass reproduction most likely through the laying of eggs, and males would be very replaceable and only kept around in small numbers because as they serve no function but inseminating the queens so too many of them is a drain on the colony's resources. Males travel to mate to help keep genetic diversity and prevent inbreeding.

It is actually a very efficient and fascinating method of reproduction. I would say most "bug people" societies would be set up in this way.
>>
>>50616969
fun fact: the vast majority of bees and ants you will ever see are female.
>>
>>50616969
>See: bees and ants. For a species to naturally have this kind of sex ratio it would imply an organism like a bee or ant. Ant queens only mate once and get enough sperm to produce offspring for their 30+ year lifespan. Bee queens mate once a year with 15-20 males from surrounding hives. Essentially the way their genome works means that males of these species are "incomplete" females, and will hatch from unfertilized eggs. The queens need sperm to fertilize their eggs to create workers/other females.
Nope, those organisms have a much higher ratio than this
>>
http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/
>>
>>50619426
It looks like there is one male drone bee per 100 female bees in a hive. Ant colonies are harder to find exact numbers on but there are probably fewer males in an ant colony considering they die after nuptial flights. Also there is a lot of variation in reproduction among ant species. Pretty fascinating to learn about.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/08/010820072111.htm

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-male-to-female-ratio-of-honeybees-extremely-skewed-in-a-hive-or-is-it-more-balanced-with-a-bunch-of-females-who-never-get-to-copulate

Basically this type of "1 male to hundreds of females" setup is completely informed by how the genes of a species are set up and what kind of limits there are to their reproduction. The idea that there could be a society of beings living by this extreme of a rule just as a social construct when it's not beneficial to them in terms of survival of the species is stupid. Things exist because of reasons, not because some guy thousands of years ago thought patriarcy was cool and everyone just followed his lead. These things are informed by the way creatures are physically and genetically.
>>
>>50620007
I'd argue that if we're considering the ratio of males to females in a hive, we should only consider the ratio of breeding males to breeding females, though that would more or less reverse the ratio here I think
>>
>>50620494
yeah sure but the OP only specifies that they need to reproduce with male/female intercourse. In which case in some ant colonies one female only fucks one male once and gets enough sperm to keep the colony alive for 30 years. Plus there are a lot of male bees and ants that never reproduce even with the odds heightened like that because only a few queen bees or ants lay the eggs. Queens are even rarer than males in terms of how many are in one hive or colony.
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.