[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consider the following situation: You are Level 2 character,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1459293428121.jpg (900KB, 2469x915px) Image search: [Google]
1459293428121.jpg
900KB, 2469x915px
Consider the following situation:
You are Level 2 character, Wizard1/Fighter1.
To level up to level 3 and turn into Wizard2/Fighter1, you have to get 3000 EXP.

Consider another situation:
You are Level 21 character, Wizard20/Fighter1 (or vice versa - doesn't really matter).
To level up to level 22 and turn into Wizard20/Fighter2, you have to get 22000 EXP.

So back at the 2nd level you had to get 3000 EXP to level up from Fighter1 to Fighter2, while at 21st level you have to get 22000 EXP to level up from Fighter1 to Fighter2.

I know this is required from the crunch perspective to "balance" the game, but how would this discrepancy be addressed from the roleplaying perspective?
>>
>>50529326
You get entrenched in your ways
>>
stuck in your old ways, an old dog cant learn new tricks
anyways.... its just a game.
>>
>>50529346
It's hard to imagine that a person would have to spend more than 7 times the amount of effort he would've spent before just because of "old ways" influence.
>>
>>50529326
It wouldn't be. Levelling up isn't a thing to acknowledge in roleplaying. It's a purely mechanical means of representing improvement with time.
>>
>>50529326
>>50529346

If you let them level up according to their levels one class at a time, it would still take twice as long to be a Wizard20/Fighter20.

It kinda balances itself.

The only problem is using max powered spells to kill max powered enemies and then dumping all the EXP into fighting with swords.

There are two ways I can see this being played fairly: either have the multiclass set from the beginning and require twice as much XP to level up, or monitor the characters actions and give the EXP to each class depending on his role in combat and dialog.

Unless you're playing computer game, in which case you'll have to play by the rules they give you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.