[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo, so I saw some fanarts and It got me thinking. What would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Yo, so I saw some fanarts and It got me thinking.
What would I need to use to play a Pokemon game but with more swords and PCs actually fighting?
>>
>>50527035
If you're okay with a very crunchy game with d20 based combat, Pokemon Tabletop United (PTU for short) might work for you.
It and its supplements have extensive rules for trainers directly involved in combat, working from scifi to fantasy settings.
Also it is mechanicaly very close to the video games, basicly just reducing and simplifying math to 3.PF levels. Ig you've done any competetive pokemon you'll be very familiar with what strategies work or not.
Its a solid game but needs a fuckton of GM prepwork to run smoothly.
>>
>>50527035
I'd use Strike!

It's tactical system is very gamey, which gels well with the pokemon aesthetic imo. There's also an optional elemental RPS system in place, and it's refluff-friendly (more like fluff required...-y).

It's very light on stats however, so if you want to go for that aspect as well, it's a lot less fitting.
>>
>>50528092
>Pokemon Tabletop United (PTU for short) might work for you.
No, it's total trash.

>>50528155
>I'd use Strike!
Actual good suggestion.
>>
>>50527035
I think a mix of Monster Hunter and Pokémon could work
>>
>>50527035
I thought Pokemon lore stated that all the Pokemon are actually genetically engineered creatures that have actually only been introduced to this world very, very recently.

I can't imagine Pokemon actually existed even in a time when people still ran around with swords and sandals and stuff.
>>
>>50527035
>a Pokemon game
Ok, so pet monsters in formal combat...
>but with more swords
What, like... equippable monster gear?
>and PCs actually fighting?
The fuck are you talking about now?
>>
>>50531158

I think OP wants a game where pokemon-like creatures and their trainers dive into combat together.

And now that I've written that, the idea of charging into battle riding a Rhyhorn lance in hand and screaming bloody murder does have a certain appeal.
>>
>>50531156

No dude.
That's fanon.

Pokémon lore is that Pokémon exist since ever (like God was a Pokémon actually).
In the past Humans (who may or may not be a type of Pokémon) were "closer" to Pokémons (they married each other and stuff).

Also, humans turn in Pokémon all the time (see Kadabra, and also most Ghost types)
>>
>>50531158
It could be like Monster Hunter on steroids.
Magic and magic items are made from Pokémons and allow you to use some of their powers
>>
>>50531156
Yea I'm pretty sure the entire plot of one of the newer ones, (the one on the 3ds, took place in a france inspired region) was some old dude from ancient poke-times who almost destroyed the world because his pokemon friend died or something. I haven't played many of the recent games just because I haven't bought anything past a DS, so I could be way off.
>>
>>50531274
That's XY.
Dude tapped the power of one of the legendary oikemons to create a super weapon capable of killing everyone he wanted dead (everyone else) while using they life force to ressurect the ones he cared about (his pokefriend)
>>
>>50531156
>I can't imagine Pokemon actually existed even in a time when people still ran around with swords and sandals and stuff.
There's a race of Pokémon who were created by a ancient babylon like culture, who made clay bodies and managed to bind spirits on the clay (golurk)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.