[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this recurrent NPC in my campaings, a dark and mysterious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: MERCHANT_cONCEPT.jpg (366KB, 780x1800px) Image search: [Google]
MERCHANT_cONCEPT.jpg
366KB, 780x1800px
I have this recurrent NPC in my campaings, a dark and mysterious traveling merchant that usually have 4 or 5 good magic itens that may help the party, to avoid them going to the city and order their custom made weapons and armors like they have a catalog available.

I want to make him appear more, with some itens that may or may not help, only to slow the game a bit and see the players spending time with different equipment. Any ideas for those items?

inb4 they kill the merchant and get the goods
He's a death slaad, so they know he's not one to be messed with.
>>
>>50523840
Even though I didn't agree as a player, once I started to GM, I found the concept of being able to purchase magic items cheapened their impressiveness.

I have nothing else to contribute but a bump.
>>
>>50523840
>Any ideas for those items?

RARE ENCHANTED CAMELS! THE GIFT THAT IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED! ONLY SLIGHTLY USED!
>>
>>50523840
The only recurring merchant in my campaign is a slippery high elf with dubious methods of acquiring his goods and has been secretly shipping stuff for the BBEG under pain of death.
He's gonna beg like a bitch for his life if the party ever finds out.
>>
>>50524518
maybe if he were a collector. he doesn't purchase items but offers swaps, the items you trade for may or may not be useful thus adding risk
>>
>>50524571
>not "slightly retarded"
>>
>>50523840
I would put a downside on all the items if players are just going to walk up and buy them.
>>
I tantalize and then torment my players. Only higher level magic using NPCs sell magical items.

Aside from one traveling merchant of Abadar (In Pathfinder). He looks like excalibur from soul eater, and speaks with the Borat accent, complete with mannerisms.

My party is level 9 and has decided to go without magic items because of how much they fucking hate him.
>He's neutral good.
>>
>>50523840
http://goblinpunch.blogspot.com/2015/01/d100-minor-magical-items.html?m=1
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.