[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 35

File: regret.jpg (69KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
regret.jpg
69KB, 625x468px
>Latest News
Druid UA is out! http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/druid-circles-and-wild-shape
Be sure to fill out the survey on last week's clerics.

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

Previous thread >>50508939

As a GM, have you ever made an on-the-spot ruling that you quickly came to regret? How did you handle it?
>>
>>50519864
first for ghosts are fucking awesome
>>
>>50519882
second for ghosts are awesome fucking
>>
Third for fae are fucking awesome.
>>
>>50519864
I once was asked to rule how high the atmosphere extended.

I regretted saying five miles, but permitted the players to kill the kraken by exposurto vacuum.
>>
>>50519809

You know what, with that wording I'd say that's acceptable.
>>
File: bakjjf.jpg (446KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
bakjjf.jpg
446KB, 843x1034px
Sixth for familiars are fucking awful.
>>
Have you ever found a rule in the PHB that's always been there, but your party has never applied?
>>
>>50519930
You take that back, my imp is help action ful as fuck.
>>
>>50519882
>>50519887
>>50519893
Is this a meme?
>>
>>50519951
>Remember, have fun!
>>
>>50519920
So, with that done and finished. This is the final product with a bit of fluff added onto it.

Gale Blade
Cantrip Evocation(Sorcerer, Wizard, Warlock)
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 5 feet
Components: V, M(A weapon)
Duration: Instantaneous

As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell’s range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, the target takes lightning damage equal to your spellcasting modifier and a powerful tornado encircles your target. You can move to any empty square adjacent to the target, if no other creatures are near you or the target, you may instead move 5 feet away from the target without provoking opportunity attacks.

This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 lightning damage to the target. The damage roll increases by 1d8 at 11th level and 17th level.
>>
Mind flayers are so damned cool I wish there were more ceremorphised monsters.
>>
>>50519979
Most lame version yet.
>>
Sweet fucking christ what

>>50519930
what? are you just saying that as an excuse to post your anime garbage
>>
File: 1465385097241.jpg (746KB, 1252x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1465385097241.jpg
746KB, 1252x1800px
>>50520010
What's lame about it? Changing it from teleporting to riding the winds of a tornado?
>>
>>50519979
I kind of liked the previous one where it was essentially forced movement and couldn't be used to disengage unless you were surrounded. This just seems like a more convoluted version of shocking grasp.
>>
>>50519979
I like this a lot desu
>>
>>50520040
Making it a positioning spell with no value for repositioning, or in the alternate, a less reliable shocking grasp. Go back to avoiding opportunity attacks from creatures other than the target, the anons who criticized it have no clue about balance.
>>
>>50519979

Teleport was honestly fine.
>>
>>50520085
>less reliable shocking grasp

With much more damage since it's on top of the weapon you attack with
>>
>>50520097
No. No it wasn't.
>>
>>50520121
Yes, yes it was.
>>
>>50520085
>>50520097
>>50520104
>>50520121
Personally my question is: Do we actually need more gish cantrips?

Are GFB and BB not enough?
>>
>>50520104
Which just makes it lame. X with less utility and more damage isn't a very fun spell.

The version where you can dance around someone and possibly get out of the reach of other enemies was fine. It was better and worse than shocking grasp in some ways. I could easily see using the two in tandem on a lightning focused character.

This...there's no reason to really use shocking grasp if you have a weapon
>>
I was thinking of making an goblin Arcana Cleric gish.

I'd take the two attack check SCAG cantrips with a dex based build , using the bonus action to weave in and out of combat, probably choosing the Urchin background to get the roguish skill proficiencies.

I know it's not optimal and doomed to have a bit of jack of all trades syndrome but I think it'll fit a niche well in our party.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>50520121

Yes it was. As long as it doesn't scale it's literally shocking grasp but less reliable..
>>
>>50520144
How'd the Goblin become an Arcana Cleric?
>>
>>50520135
I would prefer more of different damage types, but that's just because I love Dagger Dragon sorcerers.
>>
>>50520135
>Personally my question is: Do we actually need more gish cantrips?

Personally I think we need one for more of the elements, at the very least poison, acid, and necrotic.

But that won't be a popular answer.
>>
How the fuck do I encourage my players to engage in role playing with each other? They roleplay with me (as in with NPCs) just fine, in character and all, but when it comes to interactions with other party members it barely happens at all, and when it does it's usually in third-person descriptions.
>>
>>50520146
It needs to be less reliable if it includes the damage of a weapon attack with it. Do you understand anything about balance? If it was as reliable as Shocking Grasp there would be no reason to use Shocking Grasp ever.
>>
File: ARR_Dragoon.png (405KB, 996x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ARR_Dragoon.png
405KB, 996x1024px
>>50520042
I mean, personally while I liked the previous iteration too I understand why some people had problems with it. From a mechanics stand point anyway, obviously if people like the previous version they should just use that(if they want to use it at all).

>>50520053
The Thundercrash anon who originally came up with the idea should get praise, it's what I based it off of.

>>50520085
Since so many people are arguing over what was or wasn't good/balanced, I've decided to make a strawpoll.

http://www(dot)strawpoll.me/11792887
>>
>>50520135
Yes. We need more spells generally, weeaboo fightan magic, martial rituals (meditations iirc?) more reactions, more team combos, and monsters redone with all this in mind.
>>
>>50520160
DM's personal setting, Goblins aren't all unredeemable savages.

A tribe of Goblins gives a newborn Goblin in yearly tribute to an Elven settlement. The Elves, a la mamlukes in Egypt, use the children given in tribute as war clerics. My character is one of those martial clerics.
>>
>>50520174
Sounds like your players aren't super comfortable with eachother?

are you guys friends or some dudes who meet up to play D&D?

>>50520194
you should just play 4e or 3.pf
>>
>>50520171
Why aren't there more DMs that allow tweaking spells for flavor?
>>
>>50520224

For the same reason we have someone freaking out about having a 5ft teleport on a cantrip in this thread.
>>
>>50520193
Fair enough. I've saved the version I preferred personally, though without the extra 5 foot step. I think the whirlwind disengage while surrounded and the added utility for flanking make it nice enough combined with the damage.
>>
>>50520171
>Personally I think we need one for more of the elements, at the very least poison, acid, and necrotic.

alright here try this, took me a while and I ran seventeen different sessions to playtest it let me know what you think

>Elemental Blade

Evocation cantrip
Components: V, M (a weapon)

As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and your choice of poison, acid, or necrotic leaps from the target to a different creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it. The second creature takes poison, acid, or necrotic damage equal to your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell's damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 poison, acid, or necrotic damage to the target, and the poison, acid, or necrotic damage to the second creature increases to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. Both damage rolls increase by 1d8 at 11th level and 17th level.
>>
>>50520130
This is 5e, not 4e or pathfinder.
I'm not even sure 4e had teleportation as at-will until the later levels, but I don't know much of 4e.

>>50520146
It's literally almost the same except more appropriate for 5e.
>>
>>50520260

Literally a reskinned greenflame blade, doesn't represent the element being used in it like Ray of Frost does for frost (a slow), Greenflame does for fire (spreading damage) etc.

Maybe if you combined Chill Touch and Greenflame Blade for necrotic.
>>
>>50520286
I think someone posted a version of a necrotic cantrip they were fiddling with, but I forget what it was.
>>
>>50520286
>Literally a reskinned greenflame blade

yes that was the fucking joke
>>
>>50520183
>It needs to be less reliable if it includes the damage of a weapon attack with it

Yes. I am not disputing that.

It being a less reliable shocking grasp with weapon damage and a teleport is the goal.
>>
>Browse through Tome of Beasts for some good deserty monsters
>Accursed Defiler
>Edimmu
>Gray Thirster
>Hagbui
>Sand Silhouette

Well, that's the 'sandy undead' niche well and truly covered, jesus. Not to mention the Mirager, Oozasis, Vesiculosa and Sand Hag if you ever want your party to become terrified of oases.
>>
>>50520297

I know, it just wasn't funny, so I'm staying on topic instead.
>>
>>50520171
Given Booming Blade and Greenflame Blade (and Swordburst and Lightning Lure) are all 4e Swordmage at-wills, you could always look at the other powers for ideas. I imagine higher level powers would have to work like Smite spells do.
>>
>>50520320

This is where I've gone so far. I've worked on an Acid-burst blade conversion as a first level spell, but currently my players aren't playing gishes so I've had no need to develop it further.
>>
Here's my cantrip.

Fae pull
V, s, m, a single iron coin worth 1 sp, which the spell consumes.
1 action
A small bribe, and Fae hands pull a creature through the hedge maze which surrounds all where and when. That creature briefly disappears to all eyes except those which can track things through higher dimensions and reappears in an unoccupied space five feet away. This movement doesn't provoke opportunity attacks from non-Fae creatures.

Feel free to ignore the fluff, in a sucker for it. The material component is again mostly fluffy, and balance wise could probably be disregarded.
>>
>>50520224
Because there is a very vocal online community that refuses to acknowledge that five eee is meant to be homebrewed. This community poisons the well for DMs looking for advice online.
>>
File: 1479610715473.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479610715473.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
Is there a .pdf spell list with the updated spells from SCAG and EE?
>>
>>50520310
it wasn't meant to be funny. The real joke is you guys feeling some need to create more cantrips because ??? when you can just change existing ones.

Make a BB but for cold damage, instead of being sheathed in lightning the target gets encased in frost that cuts them if they move through it

make a lightning lure that is you throwing a tendril of necrotic energy at the foe and pulling them in

There is no need to create new shitty homebrew cantrips. Reskin and refluff.
>>
>>50520344
Hold the presses.
This man's onto something.
>>
>>50520320
Well, based on other Swordmage at wills

Frigid Blade is similar to Ray of frost, but scales with a secondary mod for 5 feet decreases if they start their turn next to you, meaning it starts off as a slow and turns into immobilizing.

Frostwind blade is a slightly longer range Greenflame blade

And arcane lance, which is a d8 of thunder damage but can be used on a charge, basically adding a thunder spear to the tip of your sword for reach
>>
>>50520371
>because ???

Nothing wrong with more content.

>>50520371
>Make a BB but for cold damage, instead of being sheathed in lightning the target gets encased in frost that cuts them if they move through it

I think a cantrip that slows after a melee would better represent the element of frost, but there's certainly nothing wrong with building off a baseline of existing spells when homebrewing.

>There is no need to create new shitty homebrew cantrips. Reskin and refluff.

There's no 'need' to play tabletop games. What there is is desire. When reskinning does not function, we homebrew.
>>
>>50519979
>>50520085
>>50520097
>>50520137
>>50520193

ALRIGHT EVERYONE, I HAVE AN IDEA

How about instead of arguing about teleporting/disengaging/whatever the fuck, just give it this effect:

On a hit, you can move to any empty square adjacent to the target. Any opportunity attacks you provoke with this movement are made with disadvantage.

There. It gets rid of all the situational shit and, in my opinion, is a fair compromise between the teleport-disengage and no disengage. It also fits thematically with being swept around by a gust of wind.

Can we stop shitposting now?
>>
"Why does this game even have all of these spells and attacking options, why can't I just have a melee and ranged basic attack and then I can refluff everything to be it?"
"I don't need these races or classes either, just let me refluff 'thing who does things' " ALT "Why make a new race? Just take dwarf and refluff it"

"why do I even have mechanics, I can just refluff my freeform"
>>
>>50519887
Are you this lonely.
>>
>>50520320
How's this?

Arcane Lance
Evocation cantrip
Range: 10 feet
Components: V, M (a weapon)
Duration: 1 round
As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails. When making this attack, you can increase the range of the weapon by 5 feet.
On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and you form a gray lance of sonic energy around your weapon.
The concussive force of its strike briefly slows your foe. Its movement speed is reduced by 10 feet until the start of your next turn. In addition, if you moved at least 20 feet straight toward the target before hitting them, they take an additional 1d8 thunder damage. This damage increases by 1d8 at 5th, 11th and 17th level.
>>
>>50520223
We met over roll20 so we're not exactly close friends, but most of us have been playing together for about a year, at this point. I think it may be the case that I'm the only one who doesn't mind to sound silly making voices, etc. I want to find ways to help them be more comfortable with roleplaying.
>>
>>50520455
As long as it doesn't involve at-will teleporting for level 0 elves / level 1 characters / whatever, whoever can learn cantrips, I'm happy.
>>
>>50520277
>I'm not even sure 4e had teleportation as at-will until the later levels
A few classes technically had at-will teleportation, though it typically had a trigger instead of being 'whenever.'

>>50520356
Well that sucks.
>>
File: Dragoon_FFXIV.png (86KB, 287x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dragoon_FFXIV.png
86KB, 287x450px
>>50520296
Actually I think you're talking about my cantrip, Blood-Thirsting Blade. I'm the same anon who has posted Gale Blade as well, since I like my gish cantrips. Reposting, though it hasn't been playtested yet and is probably broken.

Blood-Thirsting Blade

As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell’s range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and begins to bleed until the end of your next turn. If the target willingly attacks before then, it immediately takes 1d6 necrotic damage.

This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 necrotic damage to the target, and the damage the target takes for attacking increases to 2d6. The damage rolls increase by 1d8 and 1d6 at 11th level and 17th level.

>>50520455
I am actually okay with this, it is a decent compromise.
>>
What's good nemesis for a sixth level party?
>>
>>50520517
Sentient Rust Monster with a grudge.
>>
>>50520517
bandit lord that's actually a dragon in disguise
>>
>>50520505
>Cantrip Necromancy
ftfy
>>
>>50520460
>There are people who genuinely believe this
>They are responsible for champion fighters
>>
Is there anything wrong with giving the DM hints about what you'd like your character to get in the future? I was playing in a game today and my character hit up an enchanter's shop to get a pricing quote on a battleaxe that would deal 1d4/1d6 extra fire damage.
Is this too much to ask? I haven't delved too much into the DM's Guide, and he's told me that it would cost 30k gold, which I was fine with since it gives me monetary goals, but I'm worried that that kind of thing goes against 5e.

Any advice?
>>
>>50520517
A dream-invading psychic fetus
>>
>>50519882
fucking ghosts is awesome.
>>
>>50520614
There's nothing too much wrong with even asking your DM out of character in between sessions
what you've done should be fine as some less experienced DMs have a hard time working out what treasure they should reward
There's nothing wrong with having a wishlist, just as long as it's not too long
>>
>>50520614
That bit of extra fire damage really shouldn't cost that much, depending on what else it does. Granted, just buying magic items isn't how 5e works, but it depends on your DM.

Instead of paying money, perhaps offer the enchanters that you can go fetch some of the rare reagents that they might need for such a weapon. Essentially, go on a quest and get that as a reward.

Really, you might just be better off talking to the DM about how you feel like a fire axe would be cool to have.
>>
>>50520614
Depends on your GM, honestly.

If a player of mine did that, I'd use it as an excuse for a quest to find the items needed in its construction.
I wouldn't put a price on it, but that's just my own preference. If you're in a fairly high-magic setting or one where magic is part of the economy, like Eberron, then magic shops make more sense.
>>
Bread anon here,
My dm's death hasn't set in yet
I'm going to be a fucking mess at his funeral in a week
>Last thread
Thanks for the condolences anon
His funeral is upstate ny
So for starting out dm keep it simple, I'll start the party at level 1 or 2.
He had heart problems since birth.
He just finished up beta blockers and his pacemaker was replaced
Heart just gave out
His fucking mom found him in his room dead for a day
I was in the room next to his
Never knew
How the fuck do you deal with this shit
Would he still be alive if I found him early?
>>
>>50520224
honestly? because often players are "tweaking" to get an advantage.

Had a guy in a game we are playing make a pyromancer, asked if he could "tweak" X Spell to do fire damage instead of (element), then took the feat so his fire damage bypasses resistances. That's why DM's dont like tweaking spells

Now if you want to tweak a spell in terms of aesthetics, i haven't ever heard of anyone not allowing that. But mechanical tweaks are power gaming shenanigans at least 70% of the time.
>>
Is there a settings rulebook yet?
>>
>>50520704
>Would he still be alive if I found him early?
No, not if his heart stopped working. There wasn't a thing anybody could do here.
>>
>>50520716
All that means was that he was being thematic as a pyromancer. If it was someone tweaking all the fire spells to be cold because cold was a better element, I could see it, but making every spell you have one element is more likely to hurt than help in the long run.
>>
>>50520704

Never do this to yourself. His death was not your fault in any way. Do not feel guilty, it will do you no good.
>>
>>50520740
>but making every spell you have one element is more likely to hurt than help in the long run.
unless of course you took a feat that let you bypass resistance of that element, which he did. And then made sure he had Eldritch Blast to cover the fire-immunes.
>>
>>50520017
>I looked it up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k1hwlsmEX8
NO
WHY DID I DO THAT
NO NO NO NO
>>
>>50520171
Honestly the only thing I think that is needed is something special for Eldritch Knights. Arcane Tricksters can just use GFB and BB since it doesn't conflict with sneak attack, plus the spellcasting they get works amazingly with the rogue base, with the upgraded mage hand, the "minor wish" spells (prestidigitation and minor illusion), friends, and find familiar, all of which don't even use up spell slots (you aren't casting find familiar more than once). Eldritch Knights basically require you to take Gish cantrips, so you don't get any of the funs ones that have non-combat uses, as well as the fact that abjuration and evocation is almost entirely combat spells, and you only ever use two of them, shield and absorb elements, because they use a reaction. Weapon Bond is nowhere near as useful as Mage Hand Legerdemain, and is pretty much useless. The only real useful thing they get is war magic, which is basically just GFB/BB and attack, which is bad compared to just attacking twice, and is useless once you hit level 11, and Improved War Magic is useless by the time you get it.

Since spellcasting mostly conflicts with your attacking, you'd assume the level 3 feature gives you some way to use it, but weapon bond is fucking useless. When every other fighter class gets a fluff feature at level 7, you get a combat feature which is useless at this point, far past when it actually would have been useful when you first got access to spells. Eldritch Strike is useless because you need to attack before casting a spell, which doesn't work with war magic, as you can't use your bonus action on attacking unless you've casted a spell, so its useless. Arcane Charge is meh, and Improved Arcane Strike is useless at that point, and even then why on Earth would you waste a spell slot on an attack spell, and even then there isn't any good options to choose from.

I want EKs to be good so bad, but they don't have any synergy whatsoever with the Fighter base class.
>>
File: thehorror.gif (2MB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
thehorror.gif
2MB, 300x170px
>>50520825
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcAefLBUx8U
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>50520854
>>50520825
>tfw I know a guy who ran a game with the author while he was playtesting it
Not only in the subject matter cringe as fuck, he's also just a plain bad author, game designer, and DM. Also he didn't even offer his playtesters free copies of his shitty rules or literally anything at all.
>>
>>50520842
Yeah, Eldritch Knights don't really have a good focus. It's hard to make something similar to a Swordmage from 4e, for example, since they can't use their spells to mitigate damage as well as just by killing things.

I really just want to give them the Abjuration Wizard's Arcane Ward or something so they can actually use their abjuration spells to defend allies instead.
>>
>>50520842
If you're sword and board, GFB/BB is never truly redundant except perhaps on level 5 or 6 or if your DM is giving you some really powerful magic weapons.

EK is perfectly fine for a sword-board fighter. Yes, it does tend to boild own to 'I cast shield and absorb elements a lot'. It also tends to do a lot less than GWM, but eh. You get to be tanky and stuff.

Odd combinations such as multiclassing after level 7 to pick up weird combos like eldritch blasts + shillelagh attacks for a charisma-based fighter are possible, though.

AT does have a slight issue with BB/GFB in that they can't use two-weapon-fighting with it and that if they take a rapier, they're left with a hand doing nothing they'd love to use a shield for. Good if they multiclass, I guess, but I digress.
GFB/BB is still pretty solid for them.

EKs are still better than pure fighter champions, at least.
>>
>>50520687
>>50520691
Yeah, I think I'll bring that up to him next time.
It's not uncommon for a campaign to go on an adventure to get someone in the party something cool, right?
>>
What if you made the eldritch knights have access to all schools of magic.
>>
>>50520704
Possibly, but this line of thinking leads to bad conclusions. It's also a natural line of thinking, so don't feel bad for thinking it.

If you're going to feel guilty for not finding him, you're setting yourself up for a lot of guilt in the future. You can't maintain a friendship with constant contact and interaction. People need time away from each other. So don't blame yourself that your time away from your friend happened to coincide with his time of death.
>>
>>50520980
Probably not. That's my personal preference. If the party wants to get specific magic items, they can try and go on a quest for those items. Treasure and experience might be a bit lower, since it's more of a side quest, but it'll have whatever they're after, and maybe a bit of other stuff too. Like if the party needs to kill a fire elemental for its magical ashes, they might fight a frost staff that was keeping it sealed.
>>
>>50521008
They technically already do, just at very limited points. It would probably help them out a bit with utility, but it still doesn't solve their features not meshing together very well.
>>
So, since everyone is shitting on Eldritch Knights rn, might as well ask. I'm currently in a 5E game, it's my first time playing DnD,and I made an Eldritch Knight because it sounded cool. The class is good enough to not be completely useless in a group of novices,right?

If it matters my idea was to specialize in thrown weapons, using Weapon Bond to retrieve them.
>>
>>50519864
You auto get your dex bonus to attack rolls with firearms without the aim action.
>>
>>50521035
Is this a symptom of the system or the class not meshing well?
>>
>>50521068
The class is fine balance wise. It's just boring to play.
>>
>>50521079
I would say that it's more a matter of the class not knowing what it wants to be doing.

>>50521068
It'll be fine. Even if you waste all of your spells, you're still a Fighter with some extra cantrips and lots of attacks. It's hard to be useless.

Not sure how great thrown weapons will work out, but just remember the biggest advantage of thrown weapons compared to bows is that they can still be used in melee.
>>
How do you remember/remind yourself what spells do?
>>
>>50521125
Thanks man. How might it improved to be more synergistic?

And how does the EK compare to the bladesinger?
>>
>>50521150
dnd spells.com for the hard to remember ones.
>>
>>50521168
Bladesinger is a Wizard who has shit ton of AC, and can occasionally melee if you want to.
>>
>>50521168
Basically what >>50521272 said

Bladesinger is a Wizard that can melee, but often doesn't, EK is a Fighter that can cast spells, but usually doesn't need to.

You'd have to retool the subclasses from the ground up if you wanted to encourage a more fluid blending of spell and sword, but it could be done. That said, I feel like to truly get it you would need something like an Arcane version of the Paladin, where melee and spellcasting are a more even split.
>>
>>50521168
Poorly, since only one is a wizard.
>>
File: gold edition.jpg (27KB, 590x259px) Image search: [Google]
gold edition.jpg
27KB, 590x259px
>>
>>50521384
One thing I can agree with him on
>>
>>50521384
You forgot the one word ending! Sad!
>>
The best way to play a skeleton mage in this edition would just be to play a Revenant and re-fluff, it right? There's loads of undead options for various editions and settings, but not much for this, outside of some dubious looking homebrew.
>>
>>50521548
Make some good homebrew then.
>>
>>50521068
Eldritch Knight is still great, its technically speaking the second best Fighter archetype. It's really similar to Arcane Trickster, since its awesome and tons of fun if you build it right and pick the right spells. A lot of people I know consider it to be one of those classes you need Variant Human for just to get Magic Initiate in wizard for an extra spell slot and more cantrips.

EK and AT are require more thinking than probably most other classes in the game, and they definitely aren't beginner classes, as they require a good understanding of the game to fully utilise to its potential, which is fucking huge, consider that they push cantrip abuse more than any other class besides maybe Warlocks, which is more about abusing the spells from your Invocations.
>>
File: Awaken Undead.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Awaken Undead.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50521548
Here's what I got for undead races. This might be the "dubious looking homebrew", but give it a look over.
>>
File: drain the RGPA.png (52KB, 590x233px) Image search: [Google]
drain the RGPA.png
52KB, 590x233px
>>50521428
>>
EK should be bumped up to 6th level spells and the bladesinger should be bumped down to 6th level spells but should get an increased hit dice, d8 at least.

Dunno how that'll work with the current system.
>>
>>50521548
The Awakened Undead is actually pretty well balanced.
http://imgur.com/a/U1rZW
Its one of the few homebrews I actually allow, although I only allow the skeleton.

Seriously though edgeghost and a straight up fucking ghost are mary sue tier, but Skeletons are whimsical as fuck. Plus with constitution and either a dexterity or intelligence boost, its basically asking you to pick either Wizard or Rogue.

One guy in our group played a Skeleton Assassin who disguised himself as a skeleton, and had his expertise in medicine, as he would kill an enemy, remove the skeleton of the person with surgical precision, and then proceed to put himself his skeleton into the boneless corpse, using his superior medical knowledge to make it look as if it was his skeleton, and to hide the smell of dead body.
>>
>>50521665
For EK, you could just add on something similar to what Warlocks get on one of their high level class features to give them a 6th level spell slot.

For Bladesingers, it's trickier, though I did come up with an idea I quite liked, which was letting them cast False Life for free with their highest level spell slot whenever they use Bladesong, meaning they get the temp HP to keep up with more melee classes while giving up some of their highest arcane power to do so.
>>
>>50521621
>>50521679
Thanks! This looks great, and I haven't seen this before. Also had no idea you could post on here with a pdf.

>One guy in our group played a Skeleton Assassin who disguised himself as a skeleton, and had his expertise in medicine, as he would kill an enemy, remove the skeleton of the person with surgical precision, and then proceed to put himself his skeleton into the boneless corpse, using his superior medical knowledge to make it look as if it was his skeleton, and to hide the smell of dead body

Respect.
>>
I can use conjure animals as a mount right? Since I can voiced my preference, I can ask for a flying creatures and stuff.
>>
>>50521779
I don't see why not.
>>
File: mempo.jpg (132KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mempo.jpg
132KB, 1024x1024px
What would be the rarity of an item (say a Mempo) that granted the Immutable Form ability from the Monster Manual. So the wearer would be immune to all form affecting effects, Petrification/Polymorph/Reduction ect?
Let's say it's an attunable Wondrous Item.
>>
>>50521843
If that's all it does, Rare maybe? It does the equivalent of a Greater Restoration on you when you're targeted by that shit, which is 5th-level, so Rare seems right by the system guidelines.
>>
>>50521843
I don't think that would be anything special, necessarily. I wouldn't have them available just anywhere, but I could see them being stocked in just about any major center of commerce.
>>
>>50521843

That would probably be a rare item requiring attunement IMO. Being immune to any kind of petrification, etc, is more powerful than what I'd expect out of an uncommon,
>>
>>50520517
Kobold draco-lich
>>
>>50520517
300 kobolds, provided that your party is made of fighters with diamond pickaxes.
>>
>>50521976
Maybe throw in an 8 int wizard just to be safe
>>
>>50521808
Some DM cry foul when suddenly everyone other than the Wizard can fly.
>>
>>50520517
A Nosferatu-looking vampire who styles himself after a Hollywood cowboy
>>
>>50522017
Some DM get locked in their basements.
>>
>>50522017
>play barbarian
>reach level 14
>can now fly using force of will alone
>>
>>50522192
ANGER-POWERED JETPACKS
>>
>>50522192
You mean through force of rage alone.
>>
File: aarakocra_barbarian.jpg (32KB, 794x795px) Image search: [Google]
aarakocra_barbarian.jpg
32KB, 794x795px
>>50522192
>>
>>50522208
>>50522219
>>50522254
thanks for the keks boys
I am curious to hear from someone who had the pleasure of playing as/alongside one of these characters
>>
Is there any feat worth taking over ASI when I hit level 4 as a barbarian? My Str is already 20, so I was going to up Con and Dex both of which increase my modifier. So I'd be getting +2 ac, +1 initiative and 4 extra health. The only thing that seems like it would compare is GWM.
>>
>>50522364

If you already have 20 str, Great Weapon Master is a good investment if you're using a greataxe or whatever. Lucky is always worth a take.
>>
>>50522364
Actor. So you can pretend to be civilized person.
>>
>>50522364
I'd say to boost con and dex to an even number first, then take GWM at level 8, when it's more likely you'll have a magic weapon and survivability isn't as big of a concern.
>>
>>50522376
Maul currently, greataxe seems like it only outpaces once brutal critical comes up.

Also small rp reasons.
>>
>>50522364
Getting +1 to both your Dex and Con modifiers is much better at level 4 than a feat
>>
>>50522391
It's a one shot so we're not advancing to 8.

Alert is a possibility, or gourmand for flavor. The people I'm playing with are not into min/maxing as I am and I don't want to sour my new group to me.
>>
File: 20161201173456_1.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161201173456_1.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
Why aren't you playing a Dwarf?
>wah their stats aren't suitable for the special snowflake build / class I want to play
Sounds like you need to nut up.
>>
>>50521651
Trump is the kind of person who'd insist on playing Spawn of Fashan, but misremembers all the rules and basically does whatever he wants.
>somehow forgot to control three of the orcs in the last combat, so you win and proceed on without telling him this
>he was sure you'd have a tough time so he gets a little mad and rolls a d20: 2
>rocks fall on you
>you mention you're in a field so that doesn't make any sense
>he rolls another d20: 18
>rocks fall on you again, shut up loser
>>
>>50522477
I'm not interested in playing scottish jew midgets.
>>
>>50522451
I thought the level 4 ability score/feat was almost all minmaxing?
>>
I'm trying to do a sword fighting monk and my DM and I are going to try and make a Monastic Tradition for this. I'm hoping some people here would have some ideas.
I'm trying to do something like Bradly from Fullmetal Alchemist.
>>
>>50522451
In that case, take something weird and fun.
>>
>>50522666
>sword fighting monk

Why not just play a Fighter with some monk fluff? Maneuvers/Superiority dice = ki, etc
>>
>>50522666
I'm not sure if you need a full monastic tradition, as any monk can just use a Shortsword
>>
File: 1435463143868.jpg (126KB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
1435463143868.jpg
126KB, 1024x744px
Water Cleric back for another attempt at a channel divinity.
>Channel Divinity: Holy Tides
As an action, you hold your holy symbol aloft and call a great wave of force to crash over the battlefield. Choose any creatures within 30 feet of you. Unwilling creatures can make a Strength saving throw with a DC equal to your spell save DC in order to avoid being swept away. Any creatures that fail this saving throw or are willing are pushed 30 feet in a single direction, stopping early and taking 1d6 bludgeoning damage if they collide with a solid object.

I wanted to make it flexible in use, whether you're trying to manipulate a single enemy or ally or trying to wash half of the battlefield back. Is the idea workable, and is it balanced?
>>
>>50522666
Applying character concepts from animes towards D&D characters doesn't work. The narrative conventions don't sync.
>>
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/805278241804066817

The Mystic has been pushed back, probably won't see it til next year now.
>>
>>50522698
you can just run a regular open hand/shadow monk and re-flavor everything so it uses your sword instead of unarmed attacks
That would be fine, wouldn't it?
If you're starting at level 5 or above you don't even have to worry about consecutive attacks doing less damage than your first
>>
>>50522658
This is my first campaign in 15 years, they've been playing regularly for a while. They're probably bored of powergaming by now. I don't really care anyway I'm already horribly overpowered because of my insane rolls while they did standard array. The one session we did so far was incredibly fun, the two regulars have great senses of humor and the DM plays fast and loose with their improv. Combat isn't the number one priority although it's still important.
>>
File: windowfight.webm (2MB, 576x304px) Image search: [Google]
windowfight.webm
2MB, 576x304px
>>50522666
Monks can already use (short)swords, "monk weapons" are purposefully vaguely defined, and the book flat-out tells you that you can make whatever you want a "monk weapon" with justification. Go ahead and use a longsword or rapier for all it's going to matter, or multiclass (or pick dwarf/elf) to get the proficiencies for a martial weapon. Fluff your unarmed attacks as secondary weapon blows and as long as you use the unarmed AB/damage, nothing gets broken.

I'm currently playing a Dwarf Monk who wears full plate, a shield, and wields a warhammer. It's going great.
>>
>>50519864
alright did I done goof or nah?
>human druid
>sailor pirate background
>warcaster feat
>14str, 16dex, 15con, 14int, 16wis, 14cha
>children of winter sect
>moon circle

I figure I can cast barkskin before combat and just bear the hell out of people
haven't played 5e yet so idk tho
>>
>>50522760
>I'm already horribly overpowered because of my insane rolls while they did standard array.
That's pretty stupid.
As a dm I would either have everyone in the group do standard array, or everyone roll for stats, preferably everyone just do standard array.
>>
>>50522687
Ideas besides gourmand? The dm hinted we might be dealing with poisoned food weirdly enough after I mentioned it.
>>
>>50522756
You could probably flavor all of the unarmed flurries and bonus actions as pommel strikes, but it does say you can use martial arts dice for monk weapons, so you don't need much reflavoring.

Open hand, Shadow, and Long death would be the best fits. The only one that isn't as good is Sun Soul, but that's because it prefers to hadoken from a distance.
>>
>>50522777
>those stats
Whatever game you are playing in does not give a shit so you'll be fine.
>>
>>50522777
You'll be fine with that.
>>
>>50522786
Its a one shot and the chance of getting stats above average really are not that high.
>>
>>50522812
Everytime I roll for stats I usually get like 3 14's and occasionally a 16 honestly.
>>
>>50522831
Your experiences don't change how math works.
>>
>>50522798
do you know if you keep your AC when you change form?
>>
>>50522873
You use the AC of your new form.
If you have a class feature that changes your AC calculation (Monk or Barbarian AC), you can opt to use that, but calculated with your new form's stats.
Spells like Barkskin or Mage Armor can also replace your animal form's AC.

It's important to remember that these calculations do not stack. You use one, and only one.
>>
So I'm playing this paladin of Torm and I wanted to have some prayers on standby for my spells like Divine Smite,Compelled Duel,Cure Wounds and Channel Divinity: Sacred Weapon.
>>
>>50522767
For the love of god, please tell me what this is so I can watch it.
>>
>>50522948
any ideas for adding AC aside from multiclassing? I can keep my shield I suppose but would I keep any other armor?
>>
>>50523281
No, you use the AC of the new form, which means if you turn into a bear, you have the AC of a bear.

Usually this isn't a big problem.
>>
>>50519951
Inspiration. I've never played with it, I don't know the mechanics of it and I believe nobody else does either or surely someone would mention it once in a while.
>>
>>50519951

No one ever, ever, ever remembers that cover gives you a bonus to your dex saves.
>>
>>50523452
Well it's not like it makes any logical sense or anything
>>
Gazers are cute
>>
>>50523501
>fireball
>uses cover to avoid fireball

>Well it's not like it makes any logical sense or anything
>>
>>50523501
>>50523577
It makes even more logical sense for stuff like Disintegrate which would hit the cover and not you
>>
File: 6a72fe33057687eb5fe65ce5d8929a40.jpg (153KB, 1024x631px) Image search: [Google]
6a72fe33057687eb5fe65ce5d8929a40.jpg
153KB, 1024x631px
From the man who brought you Gale Blade, I've come back for some more balance suggestions. This time I have a cold option, though I'm running out of ideas for effects that don't fringe on the other cantrips/spells. This is the first draft.

Palefrost Blade

As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell’s range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and takes cold damage equal to your spellcasting modifier. A layer of frost falls over yourself, you have a +1 bonus to AC until the start of your next turn.

This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 cold damage to the target and your AC bonus increases to +2. The damage rolls and AC bonus increase by 1d8 and +1 at 11th level and 17th level.

Another thought I had was that the +1 AC bonus only stays until the first attack, where it'd then shatter and deal damage to whoever hit you by like 1d4 or 1d6. Thoughts?
>>
>>50523681
Not sure how I feel about an AC boost cantrip with bounded accuracy. Temp HP might be safer, though it'd need to be such a small amount it might not be worth it.
>>
File: Mortek.png (8KB, 202x218px) Image search: [Google]
Mortek.png
8KB, 202x218px
So as a warlock, if I don't take eldritch blast am I screwed? I feel like having a class that needs to take a certain spell to keep up with every other class is flawed. Why didn't they make agonizing blast give CHA bonus to all damaging cantrips?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1920x1080px
>>50523699
I felt like going with temp HP was more in the necromancy domain, and when False Life exists with a 1d4+4, you're right in that it'd be so small it wouldn't be worth it.
>>
>>50523681
I really like the idea of the AC bonus only staying until the first attack that hits.
How about instead of the cold damage being your spellcasting modifier, if it was just 1d6 plus an additional 1d6 at levels 5, 11, and 17?
I'd also like to echo what >>50523699 said about an AC boost on a cantrip being tricky territory. I'd recommend the bonus not scale with level and just stay +1.
>>
>>50523709
Not screwed, but you're basically giving up one cantrip and one invocation to be the peer of any Archer. It's very little investment for a lot of reliable damage.

You can go with something else, sure, but at that point you're going to be closer to other casters in terms of damage with far more limited spell slots. It might be mitigated somewhat by going Blade Pact, but then that needs even more investment for strength to be worthwhile...

It's just so easy to take Eldritch Blast that not doing so is kinda weird.
>>
>>50523709
>>50523746

WotC really fucked up by not making Eldritch Blast an innate Warlock feature instead of a cantrip. They balanced the class around it so much that it's silly not to take it anyway, so why not just not worry about it and let all Warlocks have it automatically?
>>
>>50523709
Eldrich blast is only good because of the modifiers you can add to it and the potential to multitarget with it at higher levels. below level 5 and without invocations for it fire bolt is just as good, if not better due to utility
>>
File: 1461960471066.jpg (220KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1461960471066.jpg
220KB, 600x800px
>>50523740
So something like this?

Palefrost Blade

As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell’s range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and a layer of frost armor falls over yourself. You have a +1 bonus to AC until you are hit, where it then shatters deals 1d6 cold damage to the attacker.

This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 cold damage to the target and takes an extra 1d6 cold damage from the shatter. The damage rolls increase by 1d8 and 1d6 at 11th level and 17th level.
>>
>>50523804
May want to clarify the 1d6 is only against a melee attack, since if someone shoots you with an arrow it'd be weird for the shards to hit them.

Which is fine, it's a nice way to discourage someone to attack you either way.
>>
>>50522477
Honestly? No real reason. Just never struck me as a thing to do. This applies to most creatures smaller than roughly human sized.
>>
>>50523804

I second >>50523817
Also, as written, did you intend to not have any bonus cold damage on the actual attack until 5th level? Normally scaling cantrips have a base damage at level 1 that then goes up, not a base damage that doesn't appear until later.
>>
Finished Curse of Strahd tonight and I can proudly say I stunned almost every high level enemy with my monk, including Count Chocula himself. Feels good.
>>
File: artwork-lich-king03-large.jpg (303KB, 471x615px) Image search: [Google]
artwork-lich-king03-large.jpg
303KB, 471x615px
>>50523817
And fixed. Look good? If so, this one was easier to do than Gale Blade.

Palefrost Blade

As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell’s range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and a layer of magical frost falls over yourself. You have a +1 bonus to AC until you are hit by a melee attack, where it then shatters and deals 1d6 cold damage to the attacker.

This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 cold damage to the target and takes an extra 1d6 cold damage from the shatter. The damage rolls increase by 1d8 and 1d6 at 11th level and 17th level.
>>
>>50523857
I think it looks fine. It does kind of work out that now Cold cantrips have an anti-melee bent, where Ray of Frost can severly hinder melee enemies, and Palefrost blade is good for holding them off even if they get close.

>>50523853
Greenflame Blade does something similar.
>>
>>50523857

>>50523853
Personally, I would suggest the attack itself deal 1d6 cold damage +1d6 at later levels, and the shatter effect have the same scaling.
An AC bonus is strong enough that a 1d8 for damage might be pushing it a little, especially when you also have a secondary damage effect.
>>
>>50523853
Yes, the intent is to not overload it with extra base damage aside from the exploding counter attack. Some other cantrips do something similar. It'd be kinda powergamey to have the cantrip have

+1 AC on the first hit
1d6 scaling cold damage when hit
And cold damage based on spellcasting modifier.

>>50523896
So decrease the scaling damage to 1d6? So at fifth level it'd be

1d6+2d6(shatter)?
>>
File: tabaxi.png (116KB, 759x706px) Image search: [Google]
tabaxi.png
116KB, 759x706px
>>
>>50523247
Anyone?
>>
>>50523928
I was thinking more like 1d6+1d6(shatter), both increasing by 1d6 at higher levels.
My main concern was that it might not feel as satisfying at lower levels without the on-hit bonus damage, but then again a potential 2d6 damage at level 1 is very strong.
Keeping the shatter effect is a must because it's awesome, so perhaps the 1d8 at 5th for on-hit would work out for the best.

http://anydice.com/program/264e
At level 1, a 1d6 on-hit plus 1d6 shatter averages to 7, which is better than 1d10, so it's probably too strong.

http://anydice.com/program/9fbd
At level 5 however, 1d6 starting at level 1 and 1d8 starting at level 5 are very close power wise, so 1d8 at level 5 is probably the best way to go.

If you (or the DM) want to lean more on the safe side, a 1d6 at 5th level would be a good starting point.
I go by the philosophy that it's always better to start weak then buff it up, since a power increase feels much better than a power decrease when a change needs to be made.
>>
>>50524012
What is your question?
That post is worded as a statement
>>
>>50524018
Well, consider that the 1d6+1d6 from hit and shatter is in addition to the weapon damage and the modifier from that. Average damage would be very high in that case, and it also has the benefit of +1 AC, which might last even longer if you don't get hit.
>>
>>50524018
Taking lower damage for the early game is fine when you have the added beefiness of +1 AC. You can always just Palefrost blade the first turn, then go into a GFB or Booming Blade the next for the extra damage.
>>
>>50524047
>>50524064
Yeah, kinda forgot about the base weapon damage. In that case I'd say 0(on-hit) +1d6(shatter) at level 1 then add 1d6 for each at the scaling levels.

Also, I'd recommend adding that the frost armor should last for only one round.
Having it last potentially for a whole fight is a bit on the strong side for a cantrip.
>>
File: rage_by_rabbiteyes-d4j927k.jpg (134KB, 900x1451px) Image search: [Google]
rage_by_rabbiteyes-d4j927k.jpg
134KB, 900x1451px
>>50524084
So, final draft?

Palefrost Blade

As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell’s range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack’s normal effects, and a layer of magical frost falls over yourself. You have a +1 bonus to AC until you are hit by a melee attack, where it then shatters and deals 1d6 cold damage to the attacker. If you still have it at the start of your next turn, it melts and falls away.

This spell’s damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d6 cold damage to the target and takes an extra 1d6 cold damage from the shatter. The damage rolls increase by 1d6 and 1d6 at 11th level and 17th level.
>>
>>50524104
That looks great

I might even add that and Gale Blade into my own campaign.
>>
>>50524104
>>50524128
I certainly like what I've seen of them so far. I think he's only really missing Poison and Acid to complete the set, so to speak.
>>
What's a good background for a tiefling fiendlock? I can't think of what history a tiefling would have that would lead him to selling his soul to the devil.
>>
>>50524173
>Hey dad can I have some more allowance?
>Sure, just sign this
>>
>>50524173
>born a tiefling to rural human parents from a fluke
>family torn apart
>everyone has called him a devil his entire life
>began studying devils
>finds their great power
>takes this power and uses it for good to prove the bastards from his home town wrong
>>
>>50524173
He thinks he's a Tiefling because he's been cursed, and a devil "promises" him that he can remove the curse in exchange for his soul?
>>
>>50524128
>>50524159
Well I'm glad you guys like my cantrips, though one was technically not mine. So far I believe I'm missing Poison, Acid, Force, Psychic, and Radiant.

Obviously though those aside from Radiant seem "lesser" so to speak compared to the main types.
>>
>>50523709
You are doing nothing but hampering yourself for little reason.

Warlocks are 50% EBlast spam. If you're actually single-classing Warlock and not using EBlast you're going to be pretty shit man.
>>
>>50524212
Radiant isn't really arcane anyway, so it's pretty safe to skip. Same with Psychic, since it would be a better fit for Bard

Force is kinda covered by Sword Burst, in a way, though it also doesn't have an existing equivalent for Sorcerer or Wizard.

Poison Spray and Acid Splash are the ones alongside Chill touch, Fire Bolt, Ray of Frost, and Shocking Grasp to get weapon versions.
>>
>>50524212
I just had an idea for a poison one

Basically, you can magically poison your melee weapon as a bonus action, and the poison lasts until the start of your next turn.
This would allow you to apply the poison separately from your attack action in case you want to use it for a reaction attack.
But since it costs a bonus action the effect would have to be a bit stronger, but whether it's damage or disadvantage or something else is up for you to figure out because I'm going to bed
>>
>>50524268
Edit: the poison lasts either until the start of your next turn or until you hit an attack with the weapon
>>
File: skeleton_mage_by_jasontn-d9yp37e.jpg (203KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton_mage_by_jasontn-d9yp37e.jpg
203KB, 1024x725px
>>50524244
Well in that case I'd probably just make one for Poison and Acid. I'll post them tomorrow since I'm too tired to try working on them.

Ideas though would be Poison would probably be a stackable DOT, something low like 1d4 up to a max of 3 stacks(3d4). Acid might be something like "if you miss, the ground the target occupies becomes difficult terrain".

>>50524268
>I'm going to bed
You and me both brother.
>>
>>50524231
I don't think you've ever actually played a warlock. Your opinion is meme-tier shit. Feel bad about how yourself.
>>
>>50524268
>>50524280
I do like the idea of Poison being a bonus action to prepare. That does also allow it to be a bit more debilitating in effect.

I feel like Poison Spray already covers the damaging poison angle, so something that's more of a debuff would be nice contrast.

Acid having effects on a miss is sensible, but it shouldn't be damage. Difficult terrain might be a good compromise.
>>
File: barb.png (617KB, 1234x427px) Image search: [Google]
barb.png
617KB, 1234x427px
>>50522254
>>50522276
>>
I joined a mates campaign I'm running a Tabaxi Order of the Immortal Mystic level will I have a bad time
>>
>>50524405
You'll want to up your Intelligence as much as possible since you'll be behind the curve. Otherwise you should be fine.
>>
File: 549.png (973KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
549.png
973KB, 1280x720px
>Have a bunch of character ideas I'm enjoying
>Get a mini painted up
>Start to wish I'd done something different as I realize I might change to a different kind of armor or weapon but have satisfactorily finished the mini

>>>Go to FLGS event and buy a bunch of used minis that are cool and not only don't match my waitlisted concepts but inspire new concepts
Fuck this special hell.
>>
>>50524453
You got what you deserved.
>>
>>50524426
Cool we'll be running the game after xmas so take three will be out by then if take 3 has the order of the knife I might go that route instead but we'll see what happens.
>>
I'm joining a 5e game, and I want to build an assassin character. Is it worth multiclassing a way of shadow monk/ assassin rogue, or should I just stay as a rogue?
>>
>>50524298
I've played a Warlock to level 6

This isn't my opinion, it's fact. You have TWO fucking spell slots per short rest for the majority of your playtime. If your GM isn't giving you a short rest after every combat, all your doing is EBlasting.

One invocation slot is dedicated to agonizing blast, the other 1-2 you'll have for most of your character's lifetime will probably have one dedicated to your pact boon (it was tomelock for me, the rituals would have been great but the Cleric had rituals too and more of them).

You could take the silent image invocation and just spam that but frankly, everyone is going to get annoyed with you pretty quick, especially the GM, and you can't just expect to illusion your way out of everything.

One fun thing I did at level 5 was take the disguise self invocation and combo'ed it with friends for social cheese. I made myself look like the Paladin once and stole an apple from an old lady so that was pretty fun

but besides for that I was the Eldritch Blast guy who could also cast a spell or two. Had I been any other spellcaster I would have been way way better and more helpful to the party; even with EBlast spam I didn't compete with the fighter or paladin for damage, really.

Part of my mistake was going Fey, I didn't want to be some edgy fiendlock or a incredibly boring and cliched GOOlock. I think I used the level 1 Feylock ability twice. The level 6 was great though for the short time I had it (eventually retired the character because we went to the Feywild and I was like, no way he's returning this is his shit right here)

rolled a Bard and never looked back
>>
>>50524558

Shadow monk/assassin is a fine multiclass, it just takes a long time (level 9) to actually get rolling.
>>
>>50524558
Monk 6/Rogue X can work well, but your stats will be behind by two levels. However, adding expertise and sneak attack on top of monk is a fine tradeoff for that.
>>
>>50524558
>>50524614
Well obviously you need to be level 6 before you're really in it,

but if you want to be good at stealth to dangerously cheesy levels it's fantastic. PWAT yourself and the party for hilarity.

Monk helps with AC and damage kinda, nice to supplement your rogue SA with martial arts sometimes. Rogue gives expertise and SA and cunning action which is invaluable.

Go Variant Human and take Mobile, start Monk probably, and have fun. If you're starting at level 1 it's frankly going to suck though.

as everyone else has said long-term Monk 6 is prob where you stop taking monk levels, extra attack and the tele are invaluable
>>
>>50523681
Sorry if I'm being slow here, but isn't the most imbalanced thing about all these ideas the fact that you're casting a spell and doing a melee attack with the same action? It doesn't even state that the bonus action is used. And it's a cantrip no less, so they can be done indefinitely and there's no reason whatsoever to ever do a standard melee attack.
>>
>>50524737
These sorts of cantrips were introduced in the Swords Coast official splatbook.
Booming Blade, Green Flame Blade they work like this.
It's a spell casting action with a melee attack (that must hit) attached to it. You can't play a high level fighter with Magic Initiate and spam them like hell.
>>
>>50524737

There is actually. They're just patterning their cantrip off of the SCAG cantrips booming blade and green flame blade which do similar things. While it SEEMS very attractive (and is for some classes) you cannot get multiattack when you use these cantrips. Thus for classes with 2+ attacks they turn into a bit of a tradeoff at higher levels.
>>
>>50524737
Unless you get extra attacks from some source, yes. However, Greenflame Blade and Booming blade already exist, for comparison, and the classes that can take these aren't known for extensive melee potential anyway.

Wizards, Sorcerers, and Warlocks don't have great weapons, so while these do nice damage compared to some other cantrip options, it also requires the squishy caster be somewhere they don't want to. It's a bit better for a Bladelock, but that's about it.

Eldritch Knights and Arcane Tricksters can also pick it up, but they already have solid options for dealing damage. Eldritch Knights mainly benefit from some of the extra utility such cantrips give while being able to attack alongside it as a bonus action, while Arcane Tricksters are giving up the chance to get a more reliable sneak attack with two-weapon fighting.

Basically, for full casters, they function as normal cantrips, with ups and downs. For the gishes, they're a solid option for some extra melee utility.
>>
>>50524173
You "can't think of a history"? Jesus Christ son, you are not writing right. Stereotypes and cliches shouldn't be the bedrock of your character, just because a lot of tieflings grow up resenting their demon heritage because of the prejudice it causes them doesn't by any stretch mean that all do.

>egotist tiefling grows up surrounded by humans who mock and mistrust them
>character knows no other tieflings or people of similarly discriminated races, assumes that this suffering is personal to them
>goes the route of megalomania rather than stockholm syndrome, begins to believe that everyone resents them because they fear or envy their innate superiority
>this feeling of superiority leads to a deep fascination with demons, devils and the lower planes, character departs on a quest to learn more about such things, eventually finds a wizened master warlock willing to take them under his wing
>determined to forge a deeper connection with their own heritage, character insists on becoming a heritor of a demon's power
>after years of study and training, succeeds in becoming a warlock

Bingo-bango.
>>
>>50524628
would it be worth it to go Monk 11 for cloaking in dim light?
>>
>>50524783
>>50524790
>>50524802
Gotcha, not got around to reading that one yet.
>>
>>50522777
Those are some thicc stats anon, you'll be fine.

>>50522364
You've maybe already chosen a feat, but if you're playing with people who don't have another big block of health, sentinel is really juicy. They might love you for doing so. Maybe grapple master for the fun of it. They're both strong with team play built into their mechanics.

>>50522192
This reminds me of storm clerics flying around being ANGRY

>>50521621
>>50521679
That's an awesome homebrew. Agree with the rev and ghost being bullshit as well. May i ask as well anon, (and others) what did you guys think of the "College of the Fool" homebrew Bard? As somebody who is also extremely cautious about homebrews i was surprised at how seemly balanced and flavourful is seems to be.

Link: http://imgur.com/TUGn7DI

>>50521596
>>50521068
EK is a good enough fighter but a pretty shit wizard. I don't mind them though and am quite surprised how well my friends "sneaking tank" Half ork works.
>>
Does Lesser Restoration cure normal diseases? Like if my cleric finds a dude with a goiter or like leprosy, can he just fix that?
>>
>>50524613

Warlocks do alright but to be more than an EB turret you kind of need

A] A lot of short rests in your game
B] A rod of the pact keeper to boost save DCs and take advantage of autoboosted spells
>>
Ok quick question for everyone. Do they have any summoning spells where you actually get to choose what you want and it isnt up to the DM what appears? Id like to fit something like that in with my Bard but if I dont control what pops up it probably wont be worthwhile
>>
Which school of magic is the most fun to play?
>>
>>50525250

In my opinion? Transmutation and illusion.
>>
>>50519979
Don't give in to the autist leave it as a teleport. Making a meme tornado is stupid as fuck.
>>
>>50521843
rare
>>
Would you add any spells from EE to Staff of Frost?
>>
Hey everyone. If anyone remembers, this was going around. I'm working on a homebrew way of pointbuying class feats, so I was looking over it and was struck by how wrong a lot of the assumptions. When I ran the numbers, I basically found that the guy who made this way overvalued damage dealing.

Basically, when you look at damage dealt over a day with 7 encounters (the actual number that the game was based around), properly account for ability score and proficiency bonuses, and the different weapon options available, not only do wizards not outpace fighters by such an insane amount, but fighters keep up quite nicely, and I suspect most other classes do as well.

So, with that said, would anyone be interested in a formal write up? I would need to take some time to get everything organized, and maybe make some graphs, but before I did that I just wanted to check whether there any sort of interest
>>
How many sessions can Death House be run in?
>>
>>50522767
Players handbook specifies that a monk weapon is any simple weapon without the heavy or two handed properties. It can look like whatever you want however.

>I'm currently playing a Dwarf Monk who wears full plate, a shield, and wields a warhammer.
Why?
>>
>>50525898
>Why?
memes dude
>>
>>50525867
Does a TPK count as a satisfying conclusion? If so, 1.
>>
Anyone have We Be Goblins pdf?
>>
>>50525958
Are you sure you're in the right thread bro?
>>
>>50522767
Are you the anon who was gloating about how the party can't figure out your class?
>>
>>50524390
So a Barbarian Tabaxi can fly up to 9000ft per turn, huh.
>>
>>50526343
the race and equipment set up match, so probably.
>>
>>50526362
That guy is a dick.
>>
>>50526354
You lose a lot of movement by getting that many barbarian levels, but yes, they can fly pretty far too
It'd just be easier to have a wizard cast fly on you
>>
>>50526531
Just re-read fly
not sure if that works at all
Not sure how flying speed works at all, to be honest
>>
>>50523253
Butterfly and Sword
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN5p5B1tlMQ
There's subbed versions floating around, too.

>>50525898
Because I've already played a Battlemaster and having 21 AC with bonus action Disengage is fantastic.
>>
>>50523426
Our DM gave out Inspiration in the second session to our Cleric for nutting up and challenging some kidnappers to single combat to save a hostage's life. said kidnappers had a dragon in human form on their side so the cleric's weapon exploded on contact and he got blown the fuck into a moat Since then everyone has forgotten its existence.
>>
Is Great Weapon Master worth it for War Clerics?
>>
>>50526580
>mfw a dragon just chilling with some kidnappers while in human form
fuck is goan on here
>>
>>50526609
It's SKT. There's a dragon cult. Some dragon lady is up to no good. They were kidnapping a famous dwarf who knows all about giant shit.
>>
>>50526508
How so? I could see someone hiding their full caster class (or even Paladin) being slightly dickish, but hiding one of your martial classes in an all-martial MC seems really nonconsequential.
>>
>>50526623
Dwarven scatologists?
Do they get proficiency with toilet paper?
>>
File: dwarfnoteventouchingthat.png (131KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
dwarfnoteventouchingthat.png
131KB, 320x320px
>>50526683
Dwarves do not have assholes. Their stomachs are so efficient that they convert 100% of what they consume into energy. Their only forms of waste are piss (for directing at orc corpses and elves) and heat.
>>
>>50526683
>walking along in the woods doing ranger shit
>come across an ungodly scent
>track it all the way to the edge of the forest
>two dead and rotting grizzly bears collapsed by a tree whose leaves have turned autumn-brown out of season
>this must be the work of necromancers defiling your woods
>wait
>no
>it's all giant turds
>yfw
>>
>tfw stuck in hell with a newbie group who play the game in a way I hate and I can't get out of it
>>
>>50526777
Maybe your luck's about to change.

But seriously, be more specific.
>>
>>50526799
Everybody probably just argues with the DM, even if it's in character
>>
>>50526777
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v915YxgbCQI
Is this you?
>>
>>50526661
Did you read his gloating post? He is a dick.
>>
>>50526838
90% of the post was movement ranges and "god i love bonus action dash and doubled jump range"
>taking any amount of enjoyment in something is smuggish dickery
Can you explain what's so dickish about not telling your party, "hey guys I'm a Monk"?
>>
>>50526799
I haven't had a group in four years but part of my current friend group recently decided to start playing D&D.

Our DM hasn't familiarised herself with the rules properly and makes off the cuff homebrewed changes without consulting us beforehand to cover for it, meaning we frequently have to pause as she looks stuff up mid-combat or get screwed because she decides she doesn't want to let us do stuff like grapple (ever) because it's confusing.

My fellow players never stay in-character and most of the time munchkin or metagame constantly but still suck at planning out what to do in a fight, don't know even the basics of how to manoeuvre, resort to violence at every opportunity because they mostly want to kill shit, and both have inconsistent characterisation and can't maintain a consistent tone. One moment they're trying to seduce a bugbear while calling it their bara-daddy, the next they're trying to make a grand speech about good and evil before killing it.

(Continued in the next post)
>>
>>50526969
Also, one of them keeps fucking cutting me off constantly whenever I try to speak because she apparently can't fucking bare to have her Elf fuckboy not be the center of attention for more than one line of dialogue, which she justifies every time by saying "its just what he's like!" even when its in situations where he's supposed to be hiding while I distract a target so him and the others can sneak attack it. Also, she's written a fucking ten page backstory about how he was tragically physically/emotionally abused by his stepmother (who was a noble) which made him into a nymphomaniac who craves affection and who failed out of his school. This goes completely against the fact that he's a prebuilt character that came with the starter set and is supposed to be a particularly religious wizard, but that doesn't stop her from fucking bringing up how 'smart' her 'smol boi' is fucking constantly in spite of the fact she plays him as just a dumb slutty brat she uses to essentially roleplay her furry fantasies with whatever we're fighting.

The other two are a standard Lawful Stupid Paladin and a fighter who never talks because their player feels anxious about trying to find a "voice" for them before roleplaying much even on our ninth fucking session, which are less annoying but still pretty aggravating in their own way.

And the WORST part is that they're all having a ton of fun and are generally lovely people aside from this shit, they're just casual fans who've had the worst side of their former livejournal RP'ing ways brought out by the game. I wanna just quit and leave them to their fun but if I did I'd barely get to see the fuckers since D&D is all we've done while hanging out the past two months and the campaign is only half done.

Cheers anon for asking, venting felt surprisingly good.
>>
>>50527026
Sometimes all you need is a sympathetic ear
Surprised that we can even consider the posters on this anonymous Guatemalan crab fishing board sympathetic but from what I've seen you're a lovely bunch
>>
What's the most fun class for archery?
>>
>>50527089
Ranger, by far.
>>
File: 1477727862805.jpg (13KB, 324x451px) Image search: [Google]
1477727862805.jpg
13KB, 324x451px
>>50526969
>>50527026
>>
>>50527098
/this, or valor bard.
>>
>>50527110
Really? Why Valor Bard?
>>
>>50527098
UA ranger.
>>
How good is as a monk starting with 10, 15, 14, 10, 15, 10?
>>
>>50527116
Valor Bard gives you.
>something to use your bonus action on (mainly inspiration)
>Good spelllist
>Swift quiver at 10th(actually achievable in play)
>Battle Magic(attack as a bonus action after bard spell)
>>
>>50527190
Didn't know you could be a zombie PC...
>>
>>50527190
Pick a good race and you're good. Wood Elf lads.
>>
>>50527204
Those're my final stats after picking race.

>>50527203
?
>>
>>50527199
Sounds rad.
>>
>>50527190
>>50527210
Slightly "eh" then but at least level 4 ASI for +1 DEX, +1 WIS will help a lot.
Don't get stabbed.
>>
>>50527210
>?
I meant, you're a dead man walking
>>
>>50527211
Also has the bonus of being chalk full of bardy flavor. Do note this, as a bard you should take faerie fire so as to boost your sharp shooter.
>>
I'm playing a Bard and I'm at a loss with what kind of magic items to go after, any cloaks/rings/thingsIcan'tthinkof items that would fit in flavor or just gererally be useful?
>>
>>50527310
Bags of Holding, Rings of Free Action, Boots of Flying, Cloak of Displacement, the usual can't ever go wrong. Look into the fancy Bard-specific magic instruments if you want.
>>
>>50527336
Thanks, I was going to go for a Cloak of Displacement but my DM thinks it's op
>>
>>50527237
Good to know. Just gotta get bard-y
>>
Worst party usefullness wise you were ever a part of?

For me it was
>Me, College of Lore Bard
>Shadow Monk
>Wild Magic Sorcerer

It's a terrible composition for combat and the GM was kind of a dick with encounters.

We got by on the skin of our teeth and numerous strokes of incredible luck until the sorcerer rolled fireball on the wild magic table and TPK us
>>
>>50527190
Those stats are more tan fine, just wear amor and shield.
>>
>>50527423
>until the sorcerer rolled fireball on the wild magic table and TPK us
That's beautiful.
>>
>>50527427
A monk lacks proficiency with armor and shields.
>>
>>50527456
And?
>>
>>50523247
My nigga
Paladin of torm was my first character in 5e
Since im a /k/omando i used deus vult and ave nex alea for smites/channel divinity
Otherwise just look up things in latin
>>
>>50527545
And lacking proficiency means basically anything he does with DEX/STR is at disadvantage.
So basically he doesn't get to do anything properly. He also doesn't even start with armor and shields unless you roll for starting cash, in which case starts with basically no money (5d4 gp) (if you get really lucky you can get a shield and padded armor?). Then at level 2 wearing armor or shield negates your unarmored movement, so that's another feature rendered moot.

Doesn't seem like a proper solution to anything at all - "Just somehow get this stuff that renders everything else you do garbage so you won't actually do anything."
Why did you suggest it?
>>
>>50527605
Oh, the math on that armor would be
11+DEX+2 = 15
As opposed to 10+DEX+WIS = 14.
So you're getting +1AC, but in return you're almost useless (disad with +2 dex), hitting AC 13 only 25% of the time - and against a goblin (AC15), your hit rate is 16%.
>>
File: tumblr_o962gnZGy81sattp2o1_500.jpg (75KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o962gnZGy81sattp2o1_500.jpg
75KB, 500x749px
>>50524613
Obviously you're a shitty player then. First off, everything you said was terrible and makes me hate you. It in no way makes me believe that you don't play meme-shit garbage.
Secondly, You should have taken chilltouch and vicous mockery if you went tome. That would have freed up your agonizing blast invocation. And if you didn't go tome, then you should have gone chain and done all the scouting and helping actions you could have. You can blame the class sucking, but it sounds like you just aren't a very creative player.
>>
Dissonant whispers should be a cantrip.
>>
You guys can debate without being autistic fucks.
>>
>>50527780
How does Chill Touch and VM "free up" AB? They do entirely different things.
Chill Touch+VM are some damage (petty damage in VMs case) with utility, AB turns your attack into hyoog. And you don't even need AB for EB to still do more damage (even if it's like +1 over chill touch).

However, grabbing those does offer some utility rather than just being DPS, but there's no reason to assume his tome picks were damage (why would you ever pick just-damage cantrips when you've EB) and so that he lacked some utility.

Can you even grab both Chill Touch and vicious mockery off of tome? Bard lacks Chill Touch, unless it's read as all 3 cantrip options as being able to come from anywhere, not just one class's list.
>>
Is it okay for the basis of a CN character's goals to be "because I felt like it"?
>>
Anyone have any good one-offs? Bonus points if they're more roleplaying/social encounter-based.
>>
>>50527887
no that's shit and not a character anybody wants around
>>
>>50527891
Please elaborate on how it is shit and what is a better way to play that alignment.
>>
>>50527887
Sure. Just remember that a chaotic character can have friendships, which can justify going along with the party.
>>
>>50527887
Depends if anybody actually cares about any out-of-combat related things or game integrity.

A character whose only goals are 'because I felt like it' would have to constantly make up excuses as to why they're even in the party in the first place, and if you aren't constantly finding a convenient reason your character hasn't jumped off a cliff then you're not doing things properly.

It is possible for a CN character to actually be fun for everybody and have sensible goals other than 'I just want to fucking die to a beholder because I don't know'.

All they have to fit is neutral on the good-evil axis (Not entirely a self-absorbed prick but also not exactly fighting for the better of everybody in the world) and on the chaotic part of the lawful-chaotic axis (Fighting for freedom, revolution, change, dissolution of society or whatever.)
>>
>>50527909
It's shit because nothing you do has any weight, impact, or meaning behind it beyond "the lulz."
Your goals, aspirations, and morals are basically nothing if this is the extent of your being, which gives nobody anything to operate off of, which hinders play especially for the purpose of creating interesting drama (especially if the DM wants to primarily source things from your characters.)

It'll just serve to annoy everybody because your character is literally "whatever I felt like at the time" which is impossible to work with or do anything with. Do you not see how that's aggravating to have around?

You're probably not some dickass prankster pixie. Don't do this. Just throw that alignment out the window until you don't even have to consider asking this question. The alignment is workable and characters based off it can be plenty fine, but if you have to ask that question, it doesn't sound like it'll be great.

Also it seems like you're picking the alignment first and then a character to follow it, and you really should be going the other way with it.
>>
>>50527889
The players meet in a tavern of the city they ask grew up in. They are level 5, and fairly well established as mercenaries/adventurers in the local area.

The plot kicks off with them being arrested for the murder of the Duke.
>>
>>50527949
At that point their goal wouldn't be 'because I feel like it' but a more well established 'I want to be with my friends / be there when they die / help them not die / etc' or that they want to adventure or something.

Not saying that isn't technically 'because I feel like it' but it isn't in the same idea that 'because I feel like it' pretty much translates to 'dunno lol'
>>
File: warlock.png (735KB, 573x793px) Image search: [Google]
warlock.png
735KB, 573x793px
>>50527857
It's been confirmed that you can grab them from anywhere. And he spent his whole post whining and bitching about spamming eldritch blast and it never out damaging the paladin (and why should it), so I wanted to let him know he had alternatives to being a whiny little cunt who only plays a character in ways that he hears other people say are good.

>>50524613
And thirdly, if you're spamming anything, then you have already fucked up. At-Will does not mean spam. It means that when you need to use it, you always have it available. If you're using your abilities in ways that help the party whenever you can, then no one would get mad at you "spamming" unless you're actually just playing the LOOK AT ME show or your party is also full of reddit-tier faglords. Warlock is one of the most fulfilling classes to play because it's a challenge. It offers so many different ways to play it, and some of them are going to be sub-optimized, but others excel in their field and you can switch around your spells and invocations until you find ones that work for you. Also, your DM sounds like shit if he didn't give you a RotPK+1 when you got to level 5 and especially if he doesn't play into your character build by making short rests more frequent.
>>
>>50527971
He's a hedonist, and extracts the most pleasure from his friendships. He doesn't care what he does in defence of those friendships.
>>
File: bugsbunny.jpg (37KB, 499x367px) Image search: [Google]
bugsbunny.jpg
37KB, 499x367px
Hey, how are you guys doing?
>>
For those of you who have read wheel of time, if I wanted to make an Algai'd'siswai In 5e how would I do it? Not like, homebrew new shit or anything, just use existing stuff to make one.
>>
>>50528001
That sounds more chaotic evil, to be fair.

>hedonistic
Evil. Even if it's 'from friendships', evil people can enjoy friends too.
Hedonism implies those friendships are more for self-gain than anything.

Of course, you can justify it as neutral if it's not entirely hedonistic and 'I'll actually extend favours towards my friends' sort of a thing.

Still, rather than putting 'because I feel like it' then there should be some reason such as 'if all my friends are putting their life in danger, I don't want to lose my investment in them so I should go with them, I'd rather die than lose them' sort of a thing.

Just saying 'because I feel like it' is along the lines of 'I want to put myself in potentially life-threatening situations. Why? Because I feel like it' which quickly translates to 'Hey, I'm suicidal.'
>>
NEW THREAD
>>50528134
>>50528134
>>50528134
>>
>>50528098
Either a battle master with polearm master, or a monk. Long death probably.
>>
>>50527963
>It'll just serve to annoy everybody because your character is literally "whatever I felt like at the time" which is impossible to work with or do anything with. Do you not see how that's aggravating to have around?
What I was thinking for my character was something along the lines of "I don't like the way it is right now, so im going to change it", is that a bad way to play it, and the char is only CN because his actions wouldn't fit a LN or TN character.
>>
>>50526969
>>50527026
That sounds fucking atrocious. All I can think is to offer to DM, but that might be taken poorly.
For the player that feels anxious roleplaying, I can sympathize. That Guy Chaotic Neutral rogue in my group never talks in character, and I think it's partly because he doesn't feel comfortable with it.
Any advice on helping him roleplay? Not even necessarily doing a voice, just getting him to not act like a generic, off the shelf, CA aligned jackoff.
>>
>>50528222
Why not go for 'It isn't right for things to be like this, so ill change things for the better' and be Chaotic Good?
>>
>>50528438
I actually don't know why i didnt think of that, thank you, I'll try to talk to my DM to see if i can put it as CG, I'm kinda new to dnd so I'm still a little bit unsure of how to use alignments.
>>
>>50527605
>>50527630
>Being this much of a powergamer
>>
>>50527089
BM fighter?
>>
Question: can a Lore Bard's cutting words nullify natural 20s? As in, an enemy attacks someone with 23 AC, crits, but the bard cutting words it, thus making it actually miss?
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.