[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a relative who's a huge fan of the Catan games. For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: Catan 3D.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Catan 3D.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
I have a relative who's a huge fan of the Catan games. For his Christmas present, I want to produce some 3D printed tiles for the game, they're relatively cheap to print but take 3 hours for a pair. How many of each type of tile would be enough to make a meaningful contribution to the game?
>>
4 Sheep (Light green)
4 Wood (Dark green)
4 Wheat (Yellow)
3 Brick (Red)
3 Stone (Grey)

And then there are the trading ports. One for each resource plus four 3:1 Trading port tiles
>>
>>50517475
Thank you very much. I was afraid I'd asked the wrong board.
>>
Don't forget to add 1 desert. The bad robber(t) lives there
>>
>>50517733
Just the one?
>>
File: Catan Goths.jpg (61KB, 468x665px) Image search: [Google]
Catan Goths.jpg
61KB, 468x665px
>>50513981
So you are saying he Catans?
>>
>>50517770
There's only one desert tile in the original game (2-4 players). If you're going for the 6 player axpansion you'd need two.
>>
File: catan.jpg (104KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
catan.jpg
104KB, 700x700px
Here's a picture from the official website, showing all of the game's components.
>>
File: catan2.jpg (21KB, 600x225px)
catan2.jpg
21KB, 600x225px
And here's a close-up of the piles of buildings/roads, so you can see how many of each to make.
>>
File: Water tiles.jpg (2MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
Water tiles.jpg
2MB, 2656x1494px
>>50517871
Thank you as well.
>>
>>50517952
>>50517966
That's excellent. Are there only the tiles shown in the box and it's only their arrangement which varies?
>>
>>50517952
>>50517871
5-6 player expansion featuers:
6 Sheep (Light green)
6 Wood (Dark green)
6 Wheat (Yellow)
5 Brick (Red)
5 Stone (Grey)
2 Desert (Yellow aswell)
11 Water tiles
4 "any" Harbors and one of each resource execpt 2 sheep

I just checked the back of my old box. I'm sure your relative will love it, it's a great game, and 3d tiles would be a great way to play it.
>>
>>50518013
Yep, that's the one.
>>
>>50518031
I honestly can't thank you enough. I believe he has the original Settlers and Seafarers so that's extremely helpful.

If there are any chaps in the UK who'd like some 3D tiles, I'd be happy to run them off by way of saying thank you properly.
>>
>>50518057
I live in Denmark so it's a little far, but if you could post a picture of a map once you've printed some of the pieces I'd appreciate it. I only ever played with the original sexagonal pieces.
>>
>>50518110
What the hell, it is Christmas. Send an address to [email protected] and I'll send you some forest and water tiles as I have plenty of green and blue filament.
>>
Don't forget the little number tokens. It's hard to tell from the picture, but each number in >>50517952 pic is on a little separate coin-sized cardboard disc. The large round depressions in the middle of each tile in >>50513981 pic are meant to house these tokens.

Dunno if you plan to make the tokens too, or just have him use the cardboard ones, just something to consider.
>>
cant help think it would be rather fun to take a set of these and ultra-detail them as a modeller. do stuff like grind a water tile down, paint it with shoreline on 2 edges, then fill with transparent resin, and paint in the white wave breakers rolling in. make them spectacular.
>>
>>50518430
You could print them using an SLA machine (goes down to 50/25 microns layer height and comes out transparent) but that would push the cost from £10-15 of materials to well over £100 for a complete set of tiles.

I'm a pretty shit painter and too poor for SLA so I'll have to settle for 80 micron layer height and 1 colour.
>>
>>50517808
Epic
>>
>>>50518031 (Yellow aswell)
Because Beige is a myth, right?
>>
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.
>>
File: 400.gif (28KB, 310x292px)
400.gif
28KB, 310x292px
>>50517808
toppest kek
>>
>>50518430
if you can find them the old GW mighty empire tiles would work as a starting point.
Came as clip together terrained hexagon tiles with mountain, forrest, grassland and desert options
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.