[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /tg/, I've just started playing in a Pathfinder home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: derp.png (32KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
32KB, 500x474px
Hey, /tg/, I've just started playing in a Pathfinder home campaign, and i have a question. Is every NPC suppose to be a dick? I'm playing a lawful neutral cleric, church's IA, and the only time i've encountered a friendly or helpful NPC is when the GM was trying to feed me a plot hook, or trying to get my character laid. Granted, i don't have great charisma, but that doesn't seem like it should influence EVERYTHING. Playing with several people that the GM has known for years, i've been there 2 months. Is this just how the pathfinder world works?
>>
>>50508862
>Is every NPC suppose to be a dick?

No

But if you're talking to a bunch of random strangers with no plot relevance this might be a hint that the GM does not want to roleplay as a bunch of random strangers with no plot relevance
>>
>>50508862
No, because the game master has control over what the NPCs do in the grand scheme of things. If it's an option, you might want to reconsider a new group.

Also don't play Pathfinder.
>>
>>50508885
That's a good point that i didn't think of, thank you.

>>50508908
what's wrong with pathfinder?
>>
>>50508935
A lot of things, but let's not turn this into a thread we've had ten thousand times.
>>
>>50508862
Wait, I just reread your post
>or trying to get my character laid.

Only using NPCs when they're plot hooks is probably a sign of laziness/desire to move the plot forward, but if they're all dicks except when they suddenly want the dick

well that's painting a picture of the GM that I am less inclined to be sympathetic towards, though there aren't many details to go from
>>
>>50509175
Agree, the GM sounds like he's heavily set to run his railroad and doesn't like your character talking to the passerby. You might want to re-evaluate whether the game is worth your time.
>>
>>50508935
Well, let's forget about the system as a whole for a second, and consider this:

/pfg/ always look like the OP is made by degenerates with tacky monstergirl bait. Like, not even good monstergirls just the same round of generic shit taste, kitsune or not!catgirls.

Whoever posts that should honestly be ashamed of themselves. The game itself is fine, and the community seems mostly normal, so why the hell would you try and advertise your fetishes with a Generals thread? It just makes the community look bad.
>>
>>50509520
Unfortunately, Pathfinder tends to attract the same types of weirdos who ruined WoD's community.

They introduced a lot of furry races, pandered to the LGBT community, fetish pandering such as the succubus made of shit, and introduced more bullshit that made the game even more imbalanced than it already was; so the community ended up becoming a vocal minority of min-maxers who ruin campaigns for fun or degenerates who use it to play out their sexual fantasies whether people want to enter their magical realm or not.

It's why I avoid roll20 nowadays.
>>
>>50509520
1. Deendee is shit awful garbage and nothing will ever improve it. Its core mechanics are irredeemably flawed. Play something else, which directly translates to play something better.

2. It's that autistic cadre of optimizers that (>>50511171) is talking about. They are, quite literally, autistic, and I mean that in a clinical, diagnosed sense. This is what deendee and 3.pf in particular attracts, because they love numbers and math and "system breaking" and "theorycrafting" (since they never get to actually play, too autistic for it).

The solution has always been to stop playing deendee and play something else.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.