[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever had a best friend in an rpg? Not necessarily your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_oaqcl5fQKk1qedouro1_1280.jpg (234KB, 702x830px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaqcl5fQKk1qedouro1_1280.jpg
234KB, 702x830px
Have you ever had a best friend in an rpg? Not necessarily your best friend irl playing with you, I mean have any of your characters ever had a best friend, pc or npc. How did it turn out?
>>
>>50498921
Yeah, we were both playing Guardsmen in a game of Dark Heresy. Made it our mission to play as strict buddy cops as we could together.
>>
>>50498921
Yup. My first game, actually. I was a barbarian, he was a monk. We had paired rings of Friend Shield, so we could soak up damage for each other. I helped him kill the man who tricked him into betraying his dojo and killing his master, and last time we played, he was helping me hunt down the necromancer that attacked my village.

We had this awesome double-meteor-drop combo using my Winged Shield and his Sandals of Weightlessness. He'd climb on my back, we'd fly above the enemy, then he'd jump off to get attack damage and falling damage on the baddie, then I'd dispell the shield to do the same. He had the acrobatics to ignore a lot of falling damage, and I had the health pool to not give a shit about it.
>>
>>50498921
Yes. I ended up putting her in a box and sending her to the head of house of her enemies. It made things awkward for a while, but we ended up working it out.
>>
>>50498921
Yeah, it was a hell of a lot of fun. I got crappy rolls at the start so I just went with it and played a good hearted, but exceptionally shitty knight. I was an embarrassment to my family so they went to have me offed, but the assassin ended up getting botching the kill and befriending my shitty knight. He killed the lord that hired him, and I gave up my knighthood to become a bard. I was the moral compass and created distractions, he did the dirty work and earned us money until we both died in a terrible climbing accident trying to scale a tower to help him score with a cute nun.

>>50501880
That sounds like an amazing first time.
>>
>>50498921
Yes, my farmer-turned-mercenary became fast friends with an NPC architect whilst protecting a caravan of settlers. The two mostly bonded over drinking, the merit of a good strong roof over your head, and the intricacies of farming. The DM even gave me a bonus story feat which would allow me to just sort of magically find my way to him, regardless of where he was. It was a total bromance.
>>
>>50498921
We were playing the Mines of Phandelver pack. Players captured a goblin from the first encounter, and after getting all the info they wanted, they were gonna kill him. Continually crit-failed the rolls to do so. We joked about him being unkillable, so one of the players had the bright idea to use him like a living shield as we went through the goblin lair. Despite being used this way, he still survived.

During the redbrand manor story, they got tired of lugging him around and gave him two choices: stick with them and they'd give him a weapon for the fight, or just kill him now.

"Gob likes weapons."

I later handed Gob the Unkillable over to one of the other players. He later got levels in barbarian, and was seriously badass.
>>
>>50498921
damn yes, a friend's PC, he even died saving my ass, i will never forget that guy
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.