[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gentlemen, how do we fix the sisters of battle? Should they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 52

File: 38831-1-1293718943.jpg (234KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
38831-1-1293718943.jpg
234KB, 1280x1024px
Gentlemen, how do we fix the sisters of battle?

Should they be close combat almost space marines? Part of a larger faith based imperial faction? Lesser Daemons of the Emperor?
>>
>>50496626
Only saints are daemons/daemon possessed.
>>
>>50496626
burn everything
>>
They're going to be included in the Imperial Agents book.

Anyway, they should be the Imperium masters of mid-range shooting. Make their bolters Salvo 2/3. Universal 5++ or 6++ as a "faith save". Fearless.
>>
Broader imperial army perhaps?

Swarm of fanatics led by elite units of SOBs. In addition they sign hymns that grant different bonuses and can be switched on the situation.

Distinction between living saints which are for all intents and purposes, greater daemons of the Emperor and those merely blessed with his power.
>>
>>50496723
Allegedly it's just basic Sisters, the Rhino and Immolator that'll be in the book.

Also, allegedly, there isn't a single new SoB mini to be seen anywhere, Just the old metals.

As well as, allegedly, there isn't any Plastic SoB minis at all. CAD files exist but not even a die has been made at this point.
Said the FB video 'leak' was a joke.

I don't really trust my source to much, but so far they've been right about half the time.
>>
>>50496828

>but so far they've been right about half the time

So...they're guessing.
>>
Make them veteran guardsmen with a 3+ armor save, fancy faith buffs, and lots of fire based options. Tah dah.
>>
>>50496836
They probably do know a little and just speak shit the rest of the time.
They've been right enough then just guessing would easily account for..
>>
>>50496626
>Should they be close combat almost space marines?

They are between IG and SMs in the power ranking.

>Part of a larger faith based imperial faction?
They should've been part of the Ordo Hereticus instead being lackeys of the corrupt Ecclesiarchy.

>Lesser Daemons of the Emperor?
This post is reserved for The Legion of The Damned Space Marines.

If you want to fix Sisters, then make them a) part of the Ordo Hereticus as chamber militia because those stupid Ecclesiarchs have already too much power, yet the Sisters hearing the word CRUSADE will flock like flies to a corpse.

And finally b) make them back Space Marine hunters like they were originally. This combined with their faith and capabilities would make them also efficient Chaos Marine hunters.
>>
Sisters should be a shooting-based army with emphasis on short to middle range and faith magic to help them hold up in the inevitable CC.
>>
>>50497120
>Space Marine hunters
The Minotaurs already exist and the Imperium doesn't need yet another TK faction.
>>
>>50497120

>They are between IG and SMs in the power ranking.

See, this is a problem because now the Skitarii have this position.
>>
>>50497171
Minotaurs are just one Chapter.

And nobody knows when the Ultras and their successors will un-person them.

>>50497179
Hmmm. Then I don't know what to do anymore.
>>
>>50497171

A single chapter seems rather limited no matter how well supplied they are.

The militant arm of the ordos hereticus is a great idea.

In anycase, the sisters play a pivotal role in harvesting psykers and bringing them to Terra right? I'd like to see that expanded as the sisters embracing the use of psykers in some capacity. So they'd take a unique position as working towards the Emperor's vision of a super psyker human endgame. Whether consciously aware of this end game or not, the SOB ought to play a role in weeding out the weaker psykers to feed the astronomicon but retaining a large host of psykers to train and use against their enemies.

But also being the best on the scene to deal with psykers (among other things).
>>
>>50496665
>>50496626

More fire.

And change their 'panties on head' helmets.
>>
>>50497120
>They should've been part of the Ordo Hereticus instead being lackeys of the corrupt Ecclesiarchy.
Hereticus works best without a Chamber Militant.
They are investigators and an army is counter-productive to that end.

Also, remember that Vandire was High Lord of the Administratum before he took over the Ecclesiarchy.
And the SoB police the Ecclesiarchy more so then anyone else. They are by far, much more then 'lackeys' of the Ecclesiarchy.
>>
>>50497490
>And the SoB police the Ecclesiarchy more so then anyone else.

And yet they somehow didn't detect a Chaos Worshiper who caused the Abyssal Crusade...
>>
>>50496626
Give them bs and ws 4, some form of fearless (maybe chaplains?), and they would honestly work pretty well with some form of protection while getting up the field. Like drop pods, faster faith fueled vehicles or simply a 5++ army wide or a 4++ on vehicles.

Also I would like to see some built-your-own-saint rules.
>>
>>50497608

SOB? Chaos Worshipper? The Abyssal Crusade was almost entirely about marines. The SOB don't really factor into it at all.
>>
>>50497490

I would like to see more done with the whole 'Double edged sword for the Ecclessiarcny'. It's a cool dynamic.
>>
>>50497678
Although I may have been too harsh since the Abyssal Crusade started at the beginning of the Age of Redemption, hence why the Sisters didn't detect that one guy because they were still starting.
>>
File: 017.jpg (802KB, 1181x1635px) Image search: [Google]
017.jpg
802KB, 1181x1635px
>>50496762
>Swarm of fanatics led by elite units of SOBs.
i.e. Frateris Militia like in their first codex.

>>50497608
To be fair, no one did. He had the unanimous support of the Ministorum, Inquisition, Astartes, and even the High Lords themselves.
>>
As far as fixing what currently exists

>Army wide
The faith system itself isn't too bad, but the effects could use a buff, instead of having a different one for each unit have a pool the can select from, or maybe let each unit purchase different faith powers for a point cost.

>HQ
Canoness needs a cut in price, 65 points is far too much. Let her take more than one relic, and let her take a jump pack.

>ELITE
Celestians need a rethink and something to differentiate them from regular squads, let them purchase more special/melee weapons and artificer armour aswell maybe.
Repentia could do with a points cut and a transport, someway to get them into melee.

>TROOPS
Battle sisters are pretty solid, although they look expensive points wise compare to tactical marines/scouts/CSM. Maybe drop them down to 10 points, what does a scout run at these days?

>FAST ATTACK
Our best slot really, both choices are good, my only complaint is that dominions faith power doesn't work on flamers, but that would be fixed with the rest of the faith system.

>HEAVY SUPPORT
If battle suits and cyborgs are monstrous creatures then these guys really, really should be, they might work better in elites as well.
Retributors are fine, but I'd love a faith power that can give relentless, maybe one for skyfire too.
Exorcists are spot on
>>
>>50496846
Also give them all extra defence against psychic powers.
>>
Rules wise? A way to get into CQC with a reasonable amount of models left. Whether thats a nebulous faith shield or cannon fodder.

Fluff wise? They need a more proactive goal or purpose. There doesnt need to be a super Imperium endgame objective but something they actively are pushing. Because right now the SOB look more reactive than active.
>>
>>50497950
>To be fair, no one did. He had the unanimous support of the Ministorum, Inquisition, Astartes, and even the High Lords themselves.

Yeah. Nobody knew it.
>>
>>50497950
Got more of this?
>>
>>50496626
We had several threads on this topic a few months ago, which ended up producing a /tg/ 7e update for Sisters. You can find the resulting rules here: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Adepta_Sororitas:_/tg/_7th_Edition
>>
File: 018.jpg (772KB, 1181x1634px) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
772KB, 1181x1634px
>>50498148
>>
File: 019.jpg (737KB, 1181x1634px) Image search: [Google]
019.jpg
737KB, 1181x1634px
>>50498183
>>
>>50497973

Wish listing what could be added to the codex

>GEAR
Make some new special weapons for the holy trinity. Torrent flamers, a lance melta (I have a model of one from the inquisitor game), a salvo bolter.

>DEDICATED TRANSPORT
The army has decent amount of melee units, which really need someway to close the gap. My personal choice would be something open topped, like a modified rhino, or maybe even something more civilian like the GSC.
One upgrade I saw in a fandex that was cool was a pulpit, to allow priests or other independent characters to preach to nearby units.

>HQ
Add a beefed up priest to give the ecclesiarchy a generic hq.
Generic living saints always seem popular, so that too.

>ELITES
Let Arco-flagellants be taken as elites again, or maybe just make battle conclaves elites.
Add another elite sister unit, armed with storm shield and artificer armour, just a solid unit that can absorb charges and hold up elite melee units.

>TROOPS
Add militia, such an obvious choice.

>FAST ATTACK
Some sort of scout Walker pilot by a sister, made from a dual kit with the penitent engine, heavy weapon on each arm.
I've seen some art from the old Horus heresy card game of sisters of silence with crazy steroid dogs and hawks. Take that concept and mount the sisters on some weird cyber steed, like the death korp cavalry or even a Demi-gryph (eagles everywhere), and play them like DE beast masters.

>HEAVY SUPPORT
Another MBT, options for big turret flamers/melta/bolter. I'd prefer something not based on a Rhino, maybe a dual kit with the assault transport?
Give exorcists a soldier option.

>FLYERS
I'd like any flyers to stay imperial navy rather than break fluff and give sisters their own flyers, but I'd love a way to embark my squads on a Valkyrie or arvus lighter before deployment.

I think that would give them a decent sized army, and enough units from both sisters and ecclesiarchy to field an army of either.
>>
>>50498196

Fascinating

What happened to the remaining loyalists?
>>
>>50498196
>800 years in the Eye of Terror
>without logistics
>still a combat capable chapter, if extremely undermanned
>completely clean of any chaos taint
That's some complete mary sue teir bullshit right there.
>>
>>50497973
>>50498286
Most of these got covered in the SoB 7th edition update we made a few months ago: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Adepta_Sororitas:_/tg/_7th_Edition
>>
>>50498415
Time in the warp is weird, it could have been 800 years on the outside, and like 10 minutes in the warp.
>>
File: 57.jpg (633KB, 1182x1627px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
633KB, 1182x1627px
>>50498291
Unmentioned, and thus free to be expanded on later, officially or by players. The Vorpal Swords at least are/were still around in M41 and had appeared in fluff before this.

If they ever do revisit the period after the survivors' return, it seems like a perfect opportunity to include the Sisters - helping to bring Basillius down would be exactly the sort of thing they're meant to do.

>>50498415
>>800 years in the Eye of Terror
From the perspective of realspace. Within the Eye it could have been a lot shorter... or many times longer.

>>without logistics
I imagine they all would have had to resort to looting and scavenging eventually. Which in itself probably ended up bumping even more of them off the 'pure' list.
>>
>>50498415
Time is basically irrelevant in the Warp, so what was 800 years in realspace might've just been half that time for the Chapters, or even just a few decades.

And I wouldn't call ~25 out of 30 Chapters "taint free".
>>
>>50496626
>Lesser Daemons of the Emperor?
my only problem is this idea is that if ut did happen, then they would end up looking more or less the same, maybe with some shit like wings or a halo added, which just doesn't feel daemonic to me.

If their fluff and appearance were changed enough to keep them looking like warp monsters, then I would be more then okay with it. Maybe it's the teratophiliac in me talking, but having an army of females cut from the same cloth as Bloodletters and Plaugebearers that looks and acts like generic pretty woman sounds not only boring in comparison to other daemons, but also like a lot of wasted potential.
>>
>>50498291
Apart of the Vorpal Blades, nobody knows.

Either dead, corrupted, or somehow alive and trying to still continue their crusades.
>>
>>50496626
All Sisters have this statline and cost 10pts per model, +1 for Scout on Dominions and +3pts for Jump Infantry on Seraphim, +2 on Celestians for +1A and Stubborn.
(Before you cry OP look at SM Scouts that cost 11pt are and 4 on all stats):
WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8 Sv3+ 6++

Acts of Faith:
Once per game ability per unit, Faith Points per unit is equal to Turn Number. So turn 1 all units have 1 FP, Turn 5 all units have 5.
So the tactical question is do you use your once a game ability early when units are at full strength or later in the game when you have more FP to spend?

+2S per FP spent
+2I per FP spent (I1 weapons strike at +1I per FP spent, so spend 3FP and you strike at I4 with Chainfists (Eviscerators)
+1 To Hit per FP
-2 To Enemy Cover save per FP
+2 Inv save per FP
+1AP on weapons per FP (if at Ap1 get +1 on dmg table, Ap 5 weapons become Ap3 for 1FP).
+2-3" Range per FP (Flamers get 2-3" Torrent per FP, so spend 4FP and your flamers can be placed 8-12" from the model
1 of the following per FP : MTC, Fleet, Rage, Furious Charge, Rending, Shred, Preferred Enemy, Fearless, Relentless
Fire Weapons again for 3 FP
+1 to Invulnerable Save for each FP spent

If Sisters got the above they would instantly go from bottom tier to high mid tier. They'd still be shit but allot less so.
>>
>>50502402
>+1AP on weapons per FP (if at Ap1 get +1 on dmg table, Ap 5 weapons become Ap3 for 1FP).
What the fuck are you smoking.
>>
>>50503146
> Should be: Ap 5 weapons become Ap4 for 1FP

I'm smoking codex Eldar, SM, Admech, Skitarii, GKs, Deathwatch, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Tau, Necrons and Dark Angels, Chaos Legions. All of which contain weapons, wargear or special rules that work the entire game and have lower AP than all Sororitas weapons (other than Meltagun). Act of Faith would last for one phase once per game.

So giving your bolters or flamers better AP for one phase once per game is hardly game breaking compared to what other armies get.
>>
File: AoF3rd.jpg (310KB, 700x994px) Image search: [Google]
AoF3rd.jpg
310KB, 700x994px
>>50502402

Here's how faith should work
>>
>>50496762
>Distinction between living saints which are for all intents and purposes, greater daemons of the Emperor and those merely blessed with his power.

>Living saints are sanguinor

I just want this meme to die.
>>
>>50496626
fold them in with Sisters of Silences and make them the anti-pysker faction of the Imps
>>
>>50496626

Sisters are superfluous; get rid of them.

> Somewhere between a MEQ and a GEQ, much like the Tempestus Scions
> Guns-and-flamers role already taken by Salamanders
> Angel aesthetic already taken by half the Space Marines
> Fanatic religious theme already taken by Black Templars

Either roll them into the Astra Militarum as an Elite choice or just turn them into female Space Marines. Or let them die and move on.

There is literally no counterargument to this.
>>
>>50503415
No no no, that's a really bad system and not at all competitive in todays game.

Flaws in that system are having to roll higher or lower than models of models in a unit which leads to restricted army construction based on what you want to do.
Flaw in the number of Faith Points you get, it becomes better to spam small units to get more Faith Points to use with Divine Guidance on large units.

It's a bad system compared to the one I suggested and my system does the exact same thing but is more competitive with todays power creep.
>>
>>50503486
To elaborate:
This is a dawn of war spawned meme, the codezis treat them as badass normals. Even the Saint Celestine Miniature isn't angelic, it merely uses dove to hold her cape like wings;the model itself is human.
Her survival etc could jsut be a coincidence that was given reason in the aftermath, though that fuff was written in the more atheistic olden days of 40k.
The farthest i'd go with is the depiction of daemonifuge, but it has it's own problems.
>>
File: 1480401304382.png (3MB, 3592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
1480401304382.png
3MB, 3592x3888px
>>50496626
There should just be Codex: Inquisition.

Among the HQs are Inquisitiors from Hereticus, Xenos, and Malleus.

Take an Inquisitor to take units from that Ordo as Troops. Hereticus = Sisters, Xenos = Deathwatch, Malleus = Grey Knights.

You get bonuses vs Imperium, xenos, or Chaos depending on your HQ as well.
>>
>>50503540
And you are retarded and there is no counter argument to this...

Sisters place is right in between IG and SM, IG S/T/I with SM BS (sometimes WS) and some wargear.

Saying Sisters are superfluous is like saying all SM chapters are too, and Dark Eldar, GSC, Admech, Skitarii.

If you don't want sisters then play 30K, is has all the SM cock you can choke on.
>>
>>50496626
Just an idea, to give them a place gameplaywise:
Make them focus more on pole weaponry, which is more symbolic of being guardians; it also makes them hit hard in the first phase of combat. Add hit&run.

So now you have mid range shooters like most of the armies, but with the added gimmick of doing that run into melee and trying tog et out again for the next midrange shooting.

Also let them use flamers or rather burning flamefields to contorl the battlefield by creating fields of dangerous terrain for the enemy that stay for 1 or 1d3 rounds.
>>
>>50503286
>Turn one
>pop faith on all melta guns and pop all the SM vehicles
>Turn two
>Top faith on all other units, making all the bolters AP3 and reducing cover by 2.
>>
>>50503540
Is this bait or pasta?
>>
Give them Stormravens.
>>
>>50503662
Turn 1 you have 1 faith point, how exactly are you going to pop all SM vehicles with your short ranged Melta guns? Or are the SM deployed within 12"?

Turn 2 you have 2 FP, so you could get Ap3 bolters or Ap4 bolters with -2 cover saves.

If you did this on all your units you would have no faith left and simply get overrun by the far superior SM units. Perhaps you should play the game before you talk shit out your ass.
>>
>>50503486
It is not a meme though. They are literal daemons of the Emperor. There are 2 in the entire imperium, thats hardly impossible or crazy.
>>
>>50503540

Tau are superflourous; get rid of them.

> Somewhere between a MEQ and a GEQ, much like the Tempestus Scions
> Guns-and-more-guns role already taken by Iron Warriors
> Alien aesthetic already taken by most the Xenos
> Shooty based xenos already taken by Necrons

Either roll them into the Eldar as an Elite choice or just turn them into blue Orks. Or let them die and move on.
>>
>>50496626
Squat the bitches
>>
At the beginning of your turn, units may use an act of faith. To use an act, simply declare which act you are using. You may attempt to boost some powers using one or more faith points. To do so, remove one faith point and roll leadership.

You gain one faith point for the following:
Whenever a faithful unit dies
Whenever a faithful character dies
Whenever a unit of Martyrs dies
Whenever an opposing Psyker is killed
Whenever an opposing psychic power is denied

All units have the following acts of faith:

>Spirit of the Martyr
Until the start of your next turn, casualties from this unit are ignored. Remove this unit from play at the end of your opponent's turn. Units locked in combat may consolidate.
Faith: you may use an additional power

>Light of the Emperor
Add 1 to this unit's Shield of Faith until your next turn
Faith: Increase by +2 instead

>Divine Guidance
Pen/Wound rolls of a 6 Ignore Cover
Faith: Pen/Wound rolls of a 6 become Ap2
>The Passion
Add +2 to the unit's initiative
Faith: Ignore Unwieldly

>Hand of the Emperor
+2S, Unwieldly
Faith: Relentless

>Units

>Canoness
Adds 1 Faith
Gains jump pack
Can use 2 acts
AoF - Boost without point or test

Command Squad
As Celestians or Seraphim but add:
AoF - Reroll failed saves

Celestians
Adds 1 Faith
Following options:
Exchange bolter for power weapon, combi-weapon, storm shield, Evicerator
Pistol for power weapon, plasma, inferno, or flamer pistol
AoF - Furious Charge

Seraphim
+1 Faith
Can use pistols in CC (d3) for hand flamers
AoF - +1S to pistols

Doms
AoF - +6" range/Torrent

Retributers
AoF - Monster/Tank Hunter

Repentia
Martyrs, FnP 4+
AoF - Remove casualties at end of turn
>>
>>50496626
What they've got now is good, the strength is definitely what they can put out in terms of flamers.
>>
>>50496626
more units, more distinct differences between Orders, more customization options.
>>
>>50505031
This, and scouting meltas.
The only thing they are clearly outclassed by is the fact that things like gladius exist.
>>
>>50503616
>Saying Sisters are superfluous is like saying all SM chapters are too

>implying people don't say this all the time

>Dark Eldar

Which are nothing like CWE.

>GSC
>Admech
>Skitarii
>implying those aren't superfluous mini-dexes
>>
File: Untitled.png (119KB, 230x428px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
119KB, 230x428px
>>50496626
>>
>>50496637
t. ADB
>>
>>50503486

That, or Sanguinor is an example of what happens when a space marine becomes a living saint themselves.
>>
>>50496626
Sisters of Battle are morale tatted up gung ho Space Marines desperate for battle so they don't get assigned to pose as prostitutes or Slaanesh cultists.
>>
>>50498697
What would the Sisters be like, then, if they were all daemonic and freaky?
>>
File: 1231746830330.jpg (162KB, 535x437px) Image search: [Google]
1231746830330.jpg
162KB, 535x437px
>>50496626

Make them literal female space marines stat for stat on paper. They already have most of the equivalent units. Also make different type of Saints instead of mixing Inquisition units into the army composition to fill in slots.

>Normal Saint = Elites choice equal to a dreadnought
>Great Saint = HQ choice equal to an Avatar of Khaine
>Grand Saint = Imperial Knight tier
>Almighty Saint = Forgeworld Lord of War tier

Also make Sister termies, make Orders have Chapter equivalent rites which make players specialize in tactics like pure flamers, pure melta, pure melee, etc, and give Sisters Volkite weapons to make them models sell.
>>
>>50496626
They should be able to pray to gain massive boosts in a single turn, or have it triggered when they take losses via martyrdom via certain conditions.
>>
>>50507344
>Make them literal female space marines stat for stat on paper. They already have most of the equivalent units. Also make different type of Saints instead of mixing Inquisition units into the army composition to fill in slots.

You can already do this with regular space marines, just say they are female and that the first edition 40K fluff supports this.

Sisters ARE NOT SM, they are a step below SM and above guard in terms of stats.
>>
>>50507344

Why? WS/BS 4 with 3 on the rest would be enough and a base cost of 10pts per model.

There you go, a more elite army than guard but not as powerful as SM.
>>
>>50507344
This.

They could be powered by relics and prayer leaders to maintain their excellent stats and when these critical faith units are killed then their stats revert back to humans.
>>
just make plastic fucking models
I don't fucking care if it's just the basic squad, 80$ for 10 monopose models is ridiculous
>>
>>50504496
yeah at think point Games Workshop should have make female Space Marines canon so they have an excuse to pulled in Steven Universe's Jasper in canon like they want to (no really they're fans of the show)
>>
>>50496626
Battle Sister Squad
4 sisters & 1 Sister of Superior + up to 15 Sisters at 14 pts/model

>Stats
WS 4, BS 4, S 3, T 3, W 1, I 4, A 1, LD 8, 3+/6++

>Equipment:
Bolter, Bolt pistol, Grenades
Sister Superior Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Grenades

1 Sister in 5 can buy a flamer for 5 pts, a meltagun for 10 pts, heavy flamer or plasma pistol for 15 pts

1 Sister in 10 can buy an Eviscerator for 25 pts

The Sister Superior can buy a hand flamer or melta bomb for 5 pts, a combi-flamer/melta for 10, or a power weapon for 15

>Special Rules
Act of Faith: Once per game the unit can increase all their stats except Wounds and Armor Save by 1.

Adamantium Will

Stubborn
>>
>>50508272

>sisters
>14 PPM
>>
>>50508832
They should cost as much as Stormtroopers.
>>
>>50496626
see
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Adepta_Sororitas:_/tg/_7th_Edition
>>
>>50509299
>over costed shit, somehow less playable than the real codex

No.
>>
>>50508272
>Eviscerator for 25 pts
Just kill this sacred cow already.
Chainfists cost that much on a Marine because a Chainfist on a WS4 S4 T4 I4 Sv+2/++6 Terminator is really fucking good.

As Sisters are NOT terminators, the identically statted Eviscerator should be much cheaper.
15 points max.
>>
>>50509849
>Chainfists cost that much on a Marine because a Chainfist on a WS4 S4 T4 I4 Sv+2/++6 Terminator is really fucking good.
Chainfists are 5 pts on termies
>>
>>50509869
In that case make the Eviscerator 5-10 points. Maybe give it a premium for being fuck-awesome and giving a squad an unusual method of warfare, but for fuck's sake, don't just make it a guaranteed waste of points.
>>
>>50509886
Eviscerators typically cost 30 pts. When you take in the fact that you can buff the unit once per game guaranteed to WS5 & S4 I think a 5 pt discount isn't unreasonable.
>>
>>50496626
Their specialty is special weapon spam and units that very in their spam focus. Give them a new weapon that only they can get that fills a middle role like an Assault 3 S4 AP3 mid rang weapon with a pistol and heavy version.

otherwise fix some of the existing units slightly, make penitent engines MC instead of walkers, let Seraphim use their pistols S and AP in close combat (fitting their fluff and making them not suck in the assault, not to mention would make inferno pistols not insanely over-costed), up Retributors costs a bit and give them relentless (or make relentless their AoF) to make Multi-melta not pointless, maybe make Dominions infiltrate instead of scout.
>>
>>50496626
Proxy them with Space Marines.
>>
>>50509869
Truthfully I've never played Marines, I was just repeating what I've heard elsewhere.
Still, 5 points?
Yet Sisters have to pay through the bloody nose for them
>>
>>50509908
So once per game you can MAYBE have the unit hit as hard as a Marine and that means a 5point Marine weapon must be worth an extra twenty five.
>>
>>50509967
GW loves it's poster boys.
>>
>>50509992
It'll hit harder, actually and it's not a matter of 'maybe' it's a matter of will. You'll note they don't have to pass a LD test to get their act of faith off. It just happens.
>>
>>50509869
What's a Powerfist worth to a Marine?
Because a Chainfist is a PF with added antitank bonus so that 5pts addition is likely on-top of the built in PF cost.
>>
>>50510026
A powerfist costs 25 pts for a muhreen.
>>
>>50510022
>hit harder
>S4
Sorry, I'm missing something here.
Have Marines been demoted to S3 recently?
>>
>>50504480
The one from soulstorm is no 1
Who is the other?
>>
>>50510055
Sanguinor?
That Blood Angel's Celestine.
>>
>>50510046
>WS 5
>I 5
>A 2
You are missing something here, namely that they'll get more quantity and quality
>>
>>50510071
Sorry, i just thought we were only talking about the sobs
>>
>>50510084
Eviscerated are the same as Chainfists, Hit last in combat.
So only S4 WS5 and A2 count here.
And for a once per battle power-up, 25 pts is still too much.
Especially as you have sisters at 14 pts as is.
>>
>>50510309
>Eviscerated
Eviscerator.
Damn auto correct.
>>
Tweak them to be somewhat of an Anti-Psyker list, but not to the extent that they're useless vs everything else. Either give them a toned down version of the Sisters of Silence special rules, or let them use faith to Deny the Witch.

Perhaps each SoB unit should generate a faith point each turn, but these are then put into a pool. That way, the power of friendship can be channelled into that one Canoness who's trying to rip open a Chaos Sorceror.
>>
>>50510309
Wtf are you talking about?

Eviscerator:
SM 25pts S8 Ap1
Assault Marine Veteran Sergeant WS4 A2
Assault Marine WS4 A1

SoB 30pts S6 Ap1
Canoness WS5 A3
Sister Repentia WS4 A2
Priest WS3 A2

Sisters cost more as an upgrade and has -2S
Sisters Repentia cost 14pts per model and comes with one, too bad they will never get to swing since they are a T3 unit with NO SAVE.
Wow, you made it into combat with 3 models still alive, your act of faith passed so now you have FNP 3+ for one phase and never again.
Your models died before they got to swing? Oh how sad...
>>
>>50509220
No, that's fucking stupid, you're a moron.
A sister is a SM with one less S and T and no ATSKNF, yet is only 2pts less.

Stormtroopers are AP3 and have Deep Strike (and are still overpointed)

Seriously though, go fuck yourself for even considering 14 being reasonable for sisters.
>>
>>50508272
This worse than the current rules, are you fucking insane?

1 in 5 can buy a special (at more points than in the current book), are you fucking joking? You seem to know fuck all about what makes them unique.

You should feel bad about posting this.
>>
>>50503540
(Every SM Codex outside of vanilla) are superfluous; get rid of them

>90% of units and wargear overlap
>difference between them could be covered by chapter tactics and nothing more
>Make a suppliment for all the Unique Special Characters

Either roll them into Codex: Adeptus Astartes as Chapter Tactics or let them die and move on.

>>
>>50504987
So 'fuck you' if you're playing against a psyker free army?
>>
>>50510692

Nah, I was going to add kill an opposing unit, but figured that could get out of hand quickly. Free buffs for everyone that can be super charged. You also start with points from Canoness, Celestians, and Seraphim, too.
>>
>>50496626
Make it the "Inquisition" Codex again and everything that implies.
>>
>>50503606
You are getting just that in two weeks.
>>
>>50511590
see
>>50511628

Two weeks and you are getting just that exact thing.

The codex doesn't even feature an SoB on the cover, just an old, boring, reused pic of an Inquisitor.
>>
>>50510055
Celestine has always been an angel, sanguinor is the other
>>
I'd be happy if Celestin had Eternal Warrior.

T3 really makes you vulnerable to insta kill from about anything.
>>
>>50509967
Termies come with powerfist remember.
>>
File: SoB 2E.png (26KB, 453x53px) Image search: [Google]
SoB 2E.png
26KB, 453x53px
>>50507344
Battle Sisters had T4 and I4 in their first codex.
Seraphims were pure rape at the time.

I don't think WS4 and S4 are really necessary. SoB basic troops were never meant as CC choices.
And fluffwise, I'd expect centuries-old gene-engineered shock troops to have some kind of physical advantage over even the best elite human troops.
>>
>>50513465
In 2e humans getting T4 wasn't that unusual. All the stats were more mutable.
>>
>>50513465
WS4 fits them both from a fluff perspective and gameplay perspective.

Reason being this: Are SoB better trained in close combat than guardsmen and worse than SM?

Answer is yes and this is perfectly represented by WS4 as it makes them better than guardsmen but still worse than SM due to only being S3.

So I think the best statline for all sisters would be WS/BS 4, 3 on the rest.

Or if you wanted to keep them at WS3 they could re-roll To Hit vs armies of equal or lower WS. This on the other hand is allot better than WS4 vs WS3 or lower armies.
>>
File: 53.jpg (610KB, 1172x1633px) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
610KB, 1172x1633px
>>50513465
>>50513707
>WS6 BS7 S4 T5 I7 Canoness
>identical to an Ork Warboss except for BS, I, and Ld - which for the Canoness were 1, 2, and 1 higher respectively
>only differences from a Space Marine Captain were -1 WS and S
>>
>>50503415

How about

Faith Powers are essentially identical to Psychic Powers.
The army generates 1 Faith Charge per character, plus D6 for the army, plus one for every Martyred unit in the previous turn.
Faith Charges are allocated to units for their powers, and 'harnessed' on a 5+. You must Harness a certain number to cast them.
As they are not psychic powers, the enemy cannot DtW.
>>
>>50497380
The helmets are supposed to look like some medieval helmet Frenchies wore.
>>
>>50512001
At least you have to insta kill her twice.
>>
By giving them new models so GW will feel motivated to sell them.
>>
>>50515304

>plus D6

No.
>>
>>50502402

This is needlessly complex, sorry anon. 40k needs less bloat, not more.

>>50503415
A revamped version of this would be perfect.
>>
File: FEAR NOT.jpg (163KB, 1600x817px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR NOT.jpg
163KB, 1600x817px
>>50496762
>greater daemons of the Emperor
>daemons
That's 'angels', blasphemer.
>>
Also

>WS4 sisters

Absolutely not. WS4+ should be for elite armies or elite CC troops. Sisters are very well trained and well-equipped, but the base Battle Sister doesn't need WS4, and Sisters players don't need to pay for WS they don't need on their grunt troops.

Leave WS4 for whatever veteran/CC unit Sisters get in their new book.
>>
>>50496626
Not even kidding here:
They play exactly like Space Marines, except with the faith points intact and the sallies flame/promethium proficiency.
>>
>>50515597
Implying that is hard to do. When everyone and their mothers has at least one S6+ weapon in their squads now.
>>
>>50515918
Wtf u smoking, my system is ALLOT easier than the 3E Witch Hunter one. Turn number is FP a unit has, once per game ability, do faith test and pick the powers you want. My system is also balanced regardless of the size of units you have.

3E Witch Hunter, you have 1 FP per Sororitas Infantry unit, gain 1 when characters and units die, have to roll under or over the number of models in a unit. How the fuck is this less complex than my system? You have to keep track of FP, remember to add more when units die and it forces you to play MSU if you want allot of FP.

>>50515970
So Re-Roll To Hit vs WS3 or lower armies then since they are better trained in CC than guardsmen are.

WS is a horrible metric for measuring how good a unit is in CC. A model with WS3 S4 I4 is far superior to a WS4 S3 I3 model.

Strength and Initiative is what determines how good a unit is in close combat, not Weapon Skill.

If they changed it so that +2WS over your opponent allowed you To Hit on 2+ and if yours was double theirs would force them To Hit on 5+ then it would matter more. A WS5 model will hit a WS10 on 4+ just like WS6,7,8 and 9 would.

IF SM were to lose -1WS, S or I what would you chose to lose? I'm sure everyone who knows how the game mechanics works would chose to go -1WS
>>
>>50505783
I'd also go with their version of SM Chapter Tactics to translate the fluff of various convents into crunch.
>>
>>50515973
>no drop pods
>no dreadnoughts
>only real tank is the repressor
>no assault vehicles
>no chapter tactics

You're right, they totally play like space marines
>>
File: miracles.jpg (195KB, 441x842px) Image search: [Google]
miracles.jpg
195KB, 441x842px
>>50515918
>>50516478
While I understand people wanting to return to the FP system, I honestly prefer the current one. For starters, it's less complex. Complexity isn't inherently a bad thing, but you have to consider that, with allies, an SoB player could easily find themselves in a situation where they have to keep track of a bunch of psychic powers/warp charges and faith points/powers, which would be obnoxious to say the least. Additionally, the current faith power system better captures the way faith is currently portrayed in 40k (pic related). Miracles aren't anywhere near as reliable or common as psychic powers are.. Even the Sisters of Battle, infused with righteous zeal as they are, can't just manifest miracles on a whim. Living Saints should be the only exemption from this.
>>
>>50515973
That must be the most stupid thing I've read today.
>>
File: 1479942999909.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479942999909.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>50496626

They should be elite Imperial Guard units ranked somewhere between IGs and Space Marines, like the Skitarii are for the Mechanicus. And as one anon suggested, Faith in the Emperor should be equivalent to psychic powers.

>>50498697
>>50507227
>What would the Sisters be like, then, if they were all daemonic and freaky?
Not demons - angels, which can be plenty freaky enough, thank you very much.
>>
>>50516596
indeed. I hate to bring up Dawn of War: Soulstorm in a positive light, but at the very least, the campaign special units made it seem like the Order of the Sacred Rose had some personality to it.

the Mistress squad seemed pretty damn insane, among other things. it was good fluff.
>>
>>50517377
The current system sucks and doesn't scale in any way what so ever. If the AoF are to be one use only abilities that only last for one phase then they need to be damn strong or the points cost of sisters need to go down to retarded levels like 8pts per model or give them almost all special rules.

You need to look at the army as a whole, what can they do? They are basically SM without access to anything advanced. You have troops and jump infantry, that's it.

Compare a Battle Sister to a SM Scout
Sister: 12pts BS4, 3on rest
SM Scout: 11pts 4on everything. ATSKNF, Chapter Tactics, Combat Squads, Infiltrate, MTC, Scout.

So is a 3+ Armour save, Preferred Enemy one phase per game and a 6++ equal to:-1pts cost per model +1WS, +1BS, +1S, +1T, +1I, all those special rules but a 4+ Armour Save

Dominions cost 1pt than a Battle Sister for Scout and an AoF that is useless one Storm Bolters because you'd never be stupid enough to bring them, doesn't work at all on flamers and is very good on melta guns.

The only thing that makes Sisters special are their AoF, it is their unique mechanic but it's so shit right now compared to everything else.

If it's a one use one phase per game it needs to be more powerful than psychic powers or psychic powers need to be tuned down or perils allot deadlier, like the best result on perils being take 1 wound with no way to stop it and the worst result being the model and all models within D6 are removed from play and replaced with a daemon of your opponents choice that they get to control.

Psychic powers are too strong, almost impossible to stop, perils is a joke and Acts of Faith are some of the most useless and pathetic rules in the game.

With the system I suggested above there is no record keeping other than what unit has used their AoF, simply make a base with an icon on or something and simply remove it from the unit when they use their AoF so you know.
>>
>>50517377
The system scales perfectly and is very tactical, do you use the AoF early or later for greater effect?
How much of your army will still be around by then?
It's also fits the fluff very well, AoF are small miracles that allow the sisters to do something they shouldn't be able to do. So for one phase once per game they can do something above average. Strike at higher S or I, become more survivable, do more dmg with ranged attacks, perform an assault that isn't guaranteed to fail.

Another change Sisters should get is that if a vehicle or unit (Sister Dialogus) has a Laud Hailer then Adepta Sororitas faction models can assault from it when they disembarks.
This would fix all the problems Sisters have with assault and thanks to the AoF system I suggest they could actually do something in assault... one phase once per game...
>>
>>50504483

Funny thing is, people said exactly this back before Tau 6e. When your army isn't competitive autist scream at the top of their lungs to just remove it from the setting because it serves no purpose.

Then Tau got Riptides and the autists continued to bitch for about a week. Then they all bought Riptides themselves.

It's not that Sisters are superfluous, I mean they are, but they need to have a new niche invented for them. Skitarii were pumped full of odd gun profiles, bizarre rules, and Haywire. Sisters need their Acts of Faith built more like Chapter Doctrines or Doctrina/Canticles, or run off a modified Psychic phase where they generate Faith tokens to spend on Acts as they please. Otherwise, modify base profiles and rules for some of their more notable infantry like Battle Sisters, Seraphim, and Repentia (possibly Penitent Engines), give them a big stompy statue of a Knight equivalent, and then throw them in the Imperial Agents book as a small faction.
>>
>>50518378
>They are basically SM without access to anything advanced. You have troops and jump infantry, that's it.
That's more a symptom of the fact that they haven't had a real update since 3rd edition. If SoB had a serious update that gave them more unit variety, this would cease to be an issue.

>The only thing that makes Sisters special are their AoF, it is their unique mechanic but it's so shit right now compared to everything else.
I disagree. SoB have access to some pretty unique shit outside of AoF. I can't think of anything that's really similar to Repentias or Penitent Engines, and even some of their "standard" units function differently from those of other factions. For example, while Seraphim superficially appear to be SM Assault Marines, but they're actually a skirmisher designed to repeatedly hit and run to tie their targets down.

>Psychic powers are too strong, almost impossible to stop, perils is a joke and Acts of Faith are some of the most useless and pathetic rules in the game
Psychic powers are too powerful right now, there's no disputing that, but AoF are far from useless. I've used well-timed AoF to turn the course of games on numerous occasions. They just aren't an auto-win button like psychic power can be, like >>50518444 said, you have to be careful with when and how you use them.

>>50518465
Pretty much. They have a niche and a reason for existing, they just need a real update to make them competitive again.
>>
File: th[1].jpg (7KB, 250x270px) Image search: [Google]
th[1].jpg
7KB, 250x270px
>>50517377
>Miracles aren't anywhere near as reliable or common as psychic powers are.
The tabletop is VERY granular and abstracted. I don't think a lead pipe has a 1/6th of a chance to penetrate terminator armor in the setting, yet it does on the tabletop.

Just merge the psychic and the faith system. It's easy, and gives them something to do during the psychic phase, alongside opportunities to deny the witch.

>>50515337
They're supposed to be some kind of sallet (a.k.a. sexiest helmet type ever made)
>>
File: Celestine2.jpg (141KB, 723x1105px) Image search: [Google]
Celestine2.jpg
141KB, 723x1105px
>>50496626
>Gentlemen, how do we fix the sisters of battle?
Actually give them a full army of their own.

Battle sisters are close combat, higher speed, lower health space marines. Canoness is kinda like a melee sorcerer. Add some faith based shit. A penitent engine is higher dps lower durability dreadnought. Give them some small warp-based faith daemons. Make the living saint on par with a daemon prince/greater deamon. Give them high-speed cycler units. Seraphim are aight as is. Give them a flying vehicle unique to sisters that runs on faith abilities.
>>
>>50498622
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Adepta_Sororitas:_/tg/_7th_Edition
>That art
It'll be better than the black and white recycled stuff of official gw works, that's for sure
>>
>>50518862
>Just merge the psychic and the faith system.
Faith powers and psychic powers have never been the same thing, not in the fluff, not on the tabletop, and not in the RPGs. Making the SoB an army of not-psykers would detract heavily from the uniqueness of their faction, not to mention potentially cause serious rule conflicts as psychic rules change across editions.

As the codex says, "...miracles are not to be relied upon as a matter of course. At the heart of the Imperial Creed is the belief that the divine Emperor relies on his followers to create their own salvation, but also that if the situation is sufficiently bleak, he will intervene to deliver his
true servants." These aren't magic powers that can be summoned at will, they're exceptionally rare and unpredictable. While the tabletop is granular and abstracted, I think the current AoF rules do a fairly good job representing the fluff.

>>50518982
I thought so, too.
>>
>>50510071
More like Celestine is a SoB Sanguinor. Sanguinor did the mysterious appearance thing first.
>>
File: sob.jpg (102KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
sob.jpg
102KB, 736x552px
>>50518862
The sexiest helmet for the sexiest Imperial faction.

Dank.
>>
>>50520188
>sexiest Imperial faction

That's not shirtless Custodes.
>>
>>50503486
Celestine was slain in battle, then spawned again a few centuries later to kill a daemon prince and his army. And I quote "It is said that she has fallen in combat several times, having been dealt a mortal blow by one of the Imperium’s many enemies. However, each and every time she has miraculously returned to life, rising like a phoenix from the ashes. To the astounded faithful that see her rise again, Celestine has stated that she will die only when the Emperor himself claims her, and not a moment before."

How does that NOT sound like a greater daemon to you?

It's canon, not a meme.
>>
File: St.Sabbat.jpg (35KB, 300x390px) Image search: [Google]
St.Sabbat.jpg
35KB, 300x390px
>>50510055
>>50504480
To my knowledge, the only known living saints are Celestine, Saint Sabbat, and Saint Anais (soulstorm).
>>
>>50516366
You do run her with at least 10 allocatable wounds, right?
>>
>>50518136
You realize that Angels and Demons are literally the same thing right? Just on different sides.
>>
>>50504480
>It is not a meme though. They are literal daemons of the Emperor.
no they aren't

A living saint is, in literal terms, someone who is proclaimed as such by the inquisition and ecclesiarchy. Often post-mortem. There are no requirements beyond that.

I fucking hate Dawn of War for making people think they're all st.celestine clones.
>>
File: SoB BA.png (543KB, 998x422px) Image search: [Google]
SoB BA.png
543KB, 998x422px
>>50518136
>During the End Times, all Sisters and Blood Angels ascend to angelic daemons to fight alongside and defend all of mankind against Chaos in the Emperor's name

Good god I need this.
>>
>>50516366

Honestly, that's why I've switched to a canoness because of EW.
>>
>>50520786
No, that is an Imperial Saint. There are many different distinctions between the saints, and while these distinctions aren't really official in-universe, it's a way for the fandom to distinguish between them. In lore, a Living Saint is declared by the Ecclesiarchy, yes. But for all intents and purposes of our argument, when we say Living Saint we are referring to beings like Celestine. As anon mentioned >>50520347, there are 3 named Living Saints (though Saint Katherine is also believed to be one. It was Katherine's armor that Celestine inherited.)

Whereas Imperial Saint is much more generic and, as you say, refers to anyone that has been declared a saint by the Ecclesiarchy.

We're pretty much just arguing semantics. But Saints ala Celestine are very very much like greater daemons/daemon princes. The similarities in their descriptions is uncanny.
>>
File: triumph-of-christianity.jpg (581KB, 1340x2048px) Image search: [Google]
triumph-of-christianity.jpg
581KB, 1340x2048px
>Warhammer 50k
>Golden Throne finally fails
>Demons errywhar
>Fuckhuge WAAAGH! heading straight for Terra
>Hive Fleet giga-raep bearing down on same
>Lorgar himself at the head of his Legion commanding all the forces of Chaos Undivided because fuck failbaddon
>adorned in scarlet and purple is his bride Cyrene at his side because fuck the Black Library and their perpetuals bullshit
>All seems lost
>But then:

>>50520807
>>During the End Times, all Sisters and Blood Angels ascend to angelic daemons to fight alongside and defend all of mankind against Chaos

>..with a Resurrected now actual God Emperor of Mankind leading them to final victory

>Amen
>>
>>50521821
no
>>
>>50521821
>>50522037
yes
>>
File: Cyrene, Lorgar and Erebus.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cyrene, Lorgar and Erebus.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
>>50522037
>>50522253
It's the best possible way to end it all. Especially when Space-Jesus turns to Lorgar and says

>Hey guy I guess you were right the first time, turns out I actually am God! But guess what that makes you?
>>
>>50496626
You'd need to find a way to make them fill a new niche. Right now they sit between Spess Mehreens and IG as a jack of all trades, master of none but LMAOBOOBS. You'd really need to put a lot more effort into taking their Faith thing and going all out with it, since everything Imperium is already faithful.
>>
>>50496626
Let 'em take plasmaguns, give the option to swap bolters for chainswords, and give them army-wide WS 4. Then let them swap their power armor for either an eviscerator and FNP or their bolter for a second pistol and a jump pack for 2 points/model. Then make 'em an elites choice for Imperial Guard.
>>
>>50498697
>>50507227
this is how I would do it
>lemon yellow color schemes
>main animal influences are gastropods and mollusks, sometimes fish
>sisters are kind of "fused" with their armor; the neck guard has become their lower face so they only have the nose and up
>very large eyes, kind of dead looking and glassy
>exaggerated "female" forms, in a geometric sense. they're more top heavy hourglasses instead of being feminine by having boobs or anything
>they wield freaky daemon bolters and sometimes chainswords
>those that wield flamers shot out deep golden flames that hum like a choir rather then crackle
>Heralds are decked out with jellylike pairs of wings, sometimes with more then one pair, like the fins of a sea angel
>>
File: Skub.jpg (211KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Skub.jpg
211KB, 800x534px
>>50522037
>>50522253
>>
>>50522763
Also, give 'em a psyker of some kind.
>>
>>50522791
That all sounds alarmingly Gigeresque.
>>
>>50522763
>>50522943
>plasma
>not melta
>not holy trinity

>psykers
>sisters of battle
>>
>>50498196
Interesting, but how the hell was the Basilius still alive 800 years later? I thought 300-400 years was the upper limit for human longevity procedures.
>>
>>50520807
>Sisters become the new Sigmarines.
I'm perfectly alright with this.

Of course, knowing GW, they'll all be male citing some kind of 'perfection of form' fluff bullshit.
>>
>>50523644
Only faggots as massive as GW thinks that sigma-bodies embody "perfection of form" over pic related.
>>
>>50521821
>implying GW won't be putting super special "Legendary Perpetuals" or "Golden Men Remnants" into their game to add more Primarch-level good characters/monsterous creatures.

Or just have some Super Space Marine who fell into a vat into the Emperor's lab or whatever.
>>
>>50497715
Yes. This would be cool. I also miss when one of the sisters' functions was to root out and purge corrupt space marines. Is that still csnon or did it get retconned?
>>
>>50509994
It's fucking annoying
>>
>>50522791
I'm fucking drawing this.
>>
On the subject of Sister updates, does anyone know anything about the Codex next week?
Everyone, fans and GW alike, were discussing the CSM supplement and the recent campaign book but there is complete silence about Codex Inquisition, like no one wants to even acknowledge it's existance.
>>
>>50525428
>watches Star Wars
>complains about Jedis

Kill yourself.
>>
File: celestine.png (706KB, 515x1347px) Image search: [Google]
celestine.png
706KB, 515x1347px
>>50520289
That's Wardshit fluff.
>>
>>50520901
>But Saints ala Celestine are very very much like greater daemons/daemon princes. The similarities in their descriptions is uncanny.

Except for how Living Saints will die early while Daemons can't die?
>>
>>50526414

In the 3rd edition fluff yeah, saints were pretty much symbols of martyrdom.In the new fluff Celestine is not even human anymore she just appeared out of nowhere one day started killing dudes and can't die.
>>
Specialist groups that can do a few things well, but shine in one particular area.

A solid addition, but by no means mandatory.

Allow them certain rules depending on who they are attached to.

Can utilize drop pods if in space marine detachment.

Vehicular bonuses if in a heavy Armor IG unit/Anti-armor for enemy.

If needing of anti-daemons, they can act with faith like mini Grey-Knights, providign bonuses to allied space marine and Imperial guard units.

A full detachment of sisters should be middle of the road, but devastating on a full forward rush.

Bonuses to flamers and flame-based weaponry.

That's just my input.
>>
How's something like Base stats
>BS4 WS3 T3 I3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8 Sv3+/6++

Much like the skitarii have their protocols the sisters then have access to devotions which require either a character within the squad or within 12" (so a sgt which ive forgotten the name of, or a priest nearby.) These are activated on an individual unit basis (doesn't work for vehicles,) Names are just placeholders and require the character to roll an unmodified leadership test - priests pass it automatically. Each power lasts for one turn at which point they may roll for it again or another one

>1. Faith is our Shield - Invun 5+ & FNP 5+. WS and BS - 1, gains slow and purposeful
>2. Unfettered Wrath - WS+1 BS-1 gains hammer of wrath, may reroll their 6+ invun if failed.
>3. Storm of belief - WS-1 I-1 may re-roll failed to hit in the shooting phase, gain precision shots, rapidfire weapons become assault

If a leadership test is failed as a result of casualties inflicted the unit must undergo a Test of Faith (leadership test, modifiers included) and if failed they immediately lose any devotions and their invunerable save and must begin to fall back - they gain hit and run. On their next turn they must roll leadership again without modifiers and if passed they go back to normal but cannot move within 3" of another unit with the sisters faction. If failed they continue to run. If the Test is passed originally they gain Hatred (faction that caused it) and FNP 6+
>>
File: b1Gi9Oj.png (570KB, 811x456px) Image search: [Google]
b1Gi9Oj.png
570KB, 811x456px
Perfectly fine the way they are.

Otherwise, put them into a Witch hunter's codex alongside some other shit, like the old Grey Knights in the Daemonhunters and make them part of a larger chamber's militant for the ecchlesiarchy so they can be more varied in their lists.
>>
They should just be IG with Carapace Armor and flamers and that's all.

They shouldn't even be able to go toe-to-toe with the best IGs (think Cadia, Catachan) without their gear.
>>
>>50526414

The modern living saints function like Perpetuals. In Atlas Infernal Ahriman caught one and tortured her by putting her into an incinerator and letting her regenerate from bones.
>>
>>50503540
Marines are superfluous, get rid of them.

>Sits between Tempestus Scions and Grey Knights in terms of power, just like CSM.
>flexible Your-Dudes-friendly role already taken by CSM AND the IG
>Bulky, lots of skulls aesthetic already taken by the Orks and CSM
>Power armor taken by the SoB
>Outperformed in vehicle range by the IG

Either roll them into the Skitarii as a fast attack choice or turn them into Grey Knight auxiliaries. Or let them die and move on.

>>
>>50526980
>>1. Faith is our Shield - Invun 5+ & FNP 5+. WS and BS - 1, gains slow and purposeful
>>2. Unfettered Wrath - WS+1 BS-1 gains hammer of wrath, may reroll their 6+ invun if failed.
>>3. Storm of belief - WS-1 I-1 may re-roll failed to hit in the shooting phase, gain precision shots, rapidfire weapons become assault
Those are all rather shitty.

First thing, remove all cons. they are not that great that they need to be 'balanced'.

Unfettered likely needs S +1 also.
Storm you could reword that entire mess you made with everything is now twin linked, you don't count as moving for the purpose of heavy and rapidfire.

Then get rid of everything you wrote in the final paragraph and just replace with if Ld test is failed, unit loses devotions till the end of game.

Really, it's like you were just writing rules there for the sole reason that you could write rules.
>>
>>50518378

Special rules on units in relation to their points costs seem to have gotten out of hand in general.
>>
>>50522462

We already did Warhammer 50k though. It even had SoB basically becoming the Imperial version of the Chaos Daemons army because of their proximity to a fuckton of Emperor worshippers and the Emperor himself.

The Ship is all. The Ship moves.
>>
>>50520695
If I recall the optimal form was. 2 Seraphim with hand flamers, 1 Superior and 5 normal seraphim

8 bodies, one of them is there to accept challenges. Why 8? Mostly for not fucking yourself over with deepstrike.
>>
File: 232.jpg (26KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
232.jpg
26KB, 604x437px
>>50503540
Wojak is superfluous, get rid of him.

>Somewhere between Pepe and Spurdo Sparde, much like Comfy NEET Pepe
>Sad meme role already taken by Pepe
>White and badly-drawn role already taken by trollface/Me Gusta

Either roll him into Pepe memes as a background character or just paint him green. Or let him die and move on.

>>
>>50520786
Dudes want Living Saints need to be something warpy and cool because if they aren't than that means they are something terrible and lame, like perpetuals.
>>
>>50520786
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Living_Saint
>>
>>50523262
The emperor is/was a psyker. And it seems fitting to have some pyro and divination powers in a sisters army, it's like their core concept. Like one of those blessing and a burden things where they're ready to kill her if she steps one foot out of line but it's a position of honor if you can control your powers. Something about only the purest of the pure are allowed to be an angel of the sisterhood or whatever they'd call them.
>>
>>50527765

The source for this is “Codex: Witch Hunters (3rd Edition) pg.47" which is the page found here >>50526401.

As you can see in this fluff when Celestine died she stayed dead, nothing about her endlessly respawning or even having any magik powers.
Of course, her fluff changed in 5th edition but lexicanum does not quote that fluff
>>
>>50527816
>Emperor is/was a psyker

Fucking heretics, I bet you also think the Emperor denied his divinity, and half of of His Legions rebelled against him.
>>
File: burning of prospero bolt caster.png (11KB, 386x170px) Image search: [Google]
burning of prospero bolt caster.png
11KB, 386x170px
Seraphims with power swords and bolt casters. Y/N?

>>50520786
>living saint
>post-mortem

>>50528026
Even in Witch Hunters she respawned endlessly as long as she passed a command test.
>>
>>50528255
You do know Seraphim have two bolt pistols?

If the swords where free and give them S5 AP2 I'd consider them.

I miss the endless respwan. Is not hard to Insta kill a T3 character
>>
>>50528337
Relic Blades, then. S+2 AP3 Two-handed.
>>
>>50528255
>living saint
>post-mortem
people die when they're killed, and people with a fragment of the emperor's will inside them tend to get killed to death faster than others thanks to their feeble human form being unable to handle it

they shine bright, but brief

>implying imperial designations have to make logical sense
>>
>>50528255
>Even in Witch Hunters she respawned endlessly as long as she passed a command test.

No, she refused to die and had a rule to represent this. Like how Yarrick or other special characters had similar rules. Her fluff said when she died they put up a banner and that was it. No resurrection.
>>
File: living saints.png (269KB, 939x288px) Image search: [Google]
living saints.png
269KB, 939x288px
>>50520347
Also St. Praxedes and St. Romanée.

Romanée Living Saint is a subgenre of Burgundy vine. St. Praxedes was a MIA prioress of the Convent Sanctorum that had rules in 2 and 3E.

>>50528442
Though determining who's alive and who isn't may be difficult in 40k due to unreliable warp travel and interstellar communications, I think Living Saint refers to someone that was canonized before his death.
There are two ways of becoming a saint: Accomplyshing miracles or dying as a martyr*. Being a living saint seems difficult in the second case (Unless you're Saint Uther), and we got imperial saints that weren(t martyred, like Sebastian Thor.
So the only distinction left for living saints IMO is to be canonized when they are still alive. The witch hunter codex also insists on the original six being declared saints during their lifetime.

*Just living a virtuous life makes you a venerable or a blessed; I think it would be particularly true in 40k where there is no orignial sin, so you're a filthy heretic deviant if you're less than perfect.
>>
>>50525845
Not my fault space marines are the most generic and uninteresting thing about the setting. Particularly the Ultramarines.
>>
>>50526401
>I don't like it, so it's not canon
Kay
>>
>>50527082
>>50527045
That sounds brutal.

Did she cave?
>>
>>50529333
I just treat Saints as Perpetuals. You like Perpetuals, right?
>>
>>50527420
>We already did Warhammer 50k though.
I'm new. When did this happen?
>>
>>50529356
Daemon princes are cooler and give the Sisters a much needed power boost.
>>
Honestly sisters should be the strongest individual units in the imperial hierarchy. Not because of girl power, but because of a combination of the resources of the church, and the faith of trillions.

They should wield the best guns, wear the best armor, have the best training, and regularly work miracles.
>>
>>50529372

A couple of years ago now. The basic gist of it was that the Imperium gets sick of everything hammering in on all sides, and decides to GTFO. Planets are strip mined for all resources and then sent off to Holy Terra as part of a grand construction project: The Ship. It harnesses stars in Dyson Spheres for propulsion (originally just one but they capture more), and Holy Terra itself is the bridge. Once it sets off, it goes on a grand tour of the Imperium, picking up faithful by the world (and harvesting the planets themselves for resources to keep growing) before heading off to another galaxy.

It had some interesting effects on various factions: Orks and Nids were still around, having snuck on board one way or another, but were more pests than world conquering threats; Chaos was far less of an issue, partly due to proximity to the Emperor, and partly due to most of the heretics being left behind; Eldar and Dark Elder sneak aboard occasionally, but again aren't huge issues; meanwhile SoB got a huge boost for the same reason Chaos is less of an issue: proximity to the Emperor and his faithful, to the point where they basically replaced the Space Marines in the "avenging angel" role. Space Marines, in turn, kinda drifted into the background, taking on more of the monk aspect of their warrior monk design. IIRC they almost became a bit like Xiaolin monks, training in secret fortress monasteries and only leaving in times of dire need.

I'm not sure what happened to the whole idea in the end, last I remember it got bogged down in how big the ship should be (I remember hearing that an estimate of a light year in length was being thrown around, with some people thinking that it was ridiculously long).
>>
>>50529411
>Daemon princes are cooler
That's your personal opinion and I respect that. I like Kool-Aid eternal Saints more. Just add unwavering faith in the Emperor and Saint will appear from the dust.
>>
>>50527045
>trained at the schola
>spend the rest of their life as warrior monks, where every second outside of duties or prayer is spent training.
They might be lacking in experience compared to catachans or other Imperial Guard veterans, but they should be as well trained, if not better, than Imperial Stormtroopers or Tempestus Scions.

>>50497608
>>50498196
The whole Abyssal Crusade is hilarious if you don't take it at face value and just consider the Vorpal Swords to be butthurt about spending the best part of the millenium in a hellhole.
>I find your faith lacking, how about you go on a crusade in the Eye of Terror?
800 years later...
>Dude, why the fuck did you us there, 90% of the marines were corrupted.
>Hmm, I guess your faith was REALLY lacking.
>Nonetheless, we purged 400 worlds in the Eye of Terror.
>Then the crusade was a tremendous success!! Praised be Basilius!
The Vorpal Swords ruin every shrine of St. Basilius that they can find.

>>50523387
Officially juvenat treatments and faith in the emprah (maybe putting your brain in a new body, too). Unofficially chaos taint.
>>
make a big campaign that will convert them into the new sisters of silence

just an entire faction of blanks to fuck over any psyker hi-jinx
>>
>>50529980
To be fair it would be more "Imperial" if the sisters just made extensive use of "psychic lightning rods" to ground enemy psykers.

Add that to the sisters being kind of like the cult from the old Silent Hill film. Their faith blinds them so much that daemons can't get in, and they believe so heavily in the Emperors protection that witchcraft fizzle out against them.
>>
File: brutally kunnin'.png (2MB, 1076x2040px) Image search: [Google]
brutally kunnin'.png
2MB, 1076x2040px
>>50517203
>no drop pods
>no dreadnoughts
Actually...
>>
>>50530097
Well back then the IG had Rhinos and Landraiders if I recall correctly,

It was a strange time.
>>
>>50530097
Necron Dreadnoughts when?
>>
>>50531751
Not at all.It's not the freshest stuff, but as you can see, the stats are from third edition upwards, roughtly ten years after IG lost access to rhinos and land raiders.

>>50532318
Right now.
And canifexes were tyranid dreads, initially.
>>
>>50532374

I still think the idea behind those Destroyers is weird. Necron/Scarab hybrids make way more sense.
>>
>>50529446
It's already the case?
Though they have few textual powers, unlike the Adeptus Terra or the AdMech, so it makes sense that they are restricted in using some of the toys (like plasma weaponry or super-heavy tanks).
>>
>>50524303
>>implying GW won't be putting super special "Legendary Perpetuals" or "Golden Men Remnants" into their game to add more Primarch-level good characters/monsterous creatures.
You're probably right, I forgot that it's all about the little resin men sales.
>>
>>50529446
>>50533765

I would think the AdMech and Ecclesiarchy should in some ways be similar; powerful entities and cults of the Imperium that are essential to its function and wield their own armies to pursue their own interests.

AdMech run the technology, the Forge Worlds, and keep the Imperium stocked with weapons enough to pursue its endless wars. When war comes they open up their private reserves and treat it like a laboratory experiment on a planetary scale.

Ecclesiarchy run the Faith and the churches, keeping trillions of humans faithful in the sanctioned Imperial Creed and otherwise keeping the Imperium's citizenry knitted together with that faith. When war comes they unleash endless waves of zealots and martyrs, backed by the most expensive war machines it can afford and holy warriors who wield uncanny abilities and powerful reliquary weapons on top of their hundreds of years of combat experience.

If the Imperial Guard are the backbone of the Imperium's military, and the Space Marines are its special forces, then the AdMech and Ecclesiarchy might be seen as private militaries with their own interests but ultimately subservient to the Imperium as a whole.
>>
>>50529531
Damn this sounds fantastic. I actually like this idea better than mine >>50521821 but I was thinking in terms of GW going all End Times on us and how they might try to accomplish that. Unlikely in any case since 40K sells so well in comparison to WFB.
>>
>>50529531
Is this real or your headcanon?
>>
>>50534896

/tg/ "what if" project.
>>
>>50534906
Oh. Well it's good and I wish it was real.

But I know what GW will give us won't be half as good.
>>
>>50530079
>Their faith blinds them so much that daemons can't get in
That's exactly what happens.
Pure faith in anything makes you harder for Chaos to get to you.
If you believed, 100% without a doubt, that your toaster was a god, not only are you now psychiclly empowering your toaster bit by bit, but you are also very difficult for Daemons to slip in.

The Emperor just happens to be one of the strongest psychics around and even in his semi-dead state, will help out time to time.

This also means that Psychic powers tend to slide off the Sisters as well, it takes more effort to make things stick.
>>
>>50534896
>>50534889

I imagine it's still in the archives somewhere. I only remember it myself because I posted in the original threads a few times.
>>
>>50529531
>>50534906
Are you guys referring to this?

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:The_Shape_Of_The_Nightmare_To_Come_50k
>>
>>50535023

Nope, it's this:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_ship_moves

Though the 1d4chan page doesn't go into a huge amount of detail, it would be worth reading the archived threads if you're interested.
>>
>>50535157
Thanks. Diving in right now and so far it looks great. Why is so much fanfic and /tg/ stuff better than what Black Library comes up with? Somehow that ain't right.
>>
I have a lore question.

Do Sisters undergo any kind of physical augmentation? Obviously they don't get anything as extreme as SM, but do they have anything that elevates them above baseline humans? Or are they just extremely well trained humans? OR does it just depend on the Order? Do some orders augment their recruits and others don't?

Are there even any canon details about them in this area?
>>
>>50537043
Sisters don't undergo any augmentation of any kind, not as part of their training or any such reason. If they lose an eye it gets replaced with a mechanical one, same goes for the loss of anything else afaik.
Sisters can use Bolter weapons due to the power armour they wear, it has servos and stuff so the recoil doesn't break their arms.
>>
File: 547685478.jpg (768KB, 1024x712px) Image search: [Google]
547685478.jpg
768KB, 1024x712px
>>50496626
Give Black Templars their own codex back again, and put sisters in it as is, I have no clue how these two factions weren't put together in the first place.
>>
>>50539482
Because the two have absolutely nothing in common.
>>
>>50539431
They can use Bolters because there are human version of Bolter and Marine version of them.

Not because of power armour.

>>50539482
Back when GW at least pretended to care about their costumers. They published a scenario where SoB wear hunting BT and trying to prove BT as heretics.
SoB had 500 points, BT had 500 points and 500 in reserve. If BT had to bring reserves for x condition I don't remember and did not manage to win before x amount of turns SoB won proving that the BT had more than the legal numbers of marines.

The scenario was a call to the original marine hunting role of SoB and to the BT fluff they had more marines than anyone else due to the Eternal Crusade and how each crusade was basically a mini chapter costantly growing, expanding and conquering.
>>
File: esher jes goodwin.jpg (96KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
esher jes goodwin.jpg
96KB, 640x480px
>>50537043
It's a big galaxy, do as you wish.
The ecclesiarchy sees the human form as perfect, so in most cases you aren't gonna upgrade it with tech.
But you could have fringe cults that venerate him in his Omnissiah aspect, or sisters on combat drugs.
>>50541016
They hipshoot multimeltas and heavy bolters. If that's not because of the power armor, then humans in 40k are even more harcore than I thought.
>>
>>50522791
This makes me wonder about what other daemons of the emperor would be like if they worked like this.

What would the greater daemons be like? what about daemonic beasts and steeds? what would daemon weapons and engines made with these daemons be like?
>>
>>50544526
>Greater Daemons
See>>50518136
>>
>>50544526
>greater daemons
either >>50544630 or something like a giant squid mixed with a female commissar

>daemonic beasts
Sisters Repentia or whatever they're called, but instead of being strapped into a clawed warmachine they're stuck inside big crab monsters

>daemonic steeds
Those snails that make iron plates on their feet, only giant, deathly fast, and made to resemble legion motorcycles

>daemon weapons and engines
Probably gilded with gold, but curved in all the wrong ways and covered in sgit like slime, barnacles, scales, and sometimes aquatic flesh
>>
So this link got posted in the 40K general thread.

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1457

So allegedly it's actually happening this time.
Allegedly.
>>
File: 1476987374065.jpg (126KB, 933x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1476987374065.jpg
126KB, 933x1170px
>>50496626
land raider redeemers for repentias
>>
>>50522791
I can only imagine how uncomfortable the guardsman and the marines who work with them are.
Not to mention what the psykers who stand near them must experience.
>>
>>50545743
I remembered a time when Sisters could have Land Raiders.

They should give them back + as many variants as possible via contacts in the Ordo Hereticus.

Maybe even make a new one for themselves?
>>
>>50546655
Witch Hunters. Many things become possible when you have an inquisitoral rosette.
Including putting stormtroopers or arbites in land raiders.
>>
>>50547392
Indeed.

Then again we have Codex Inquisition.

And they have Land Raiders.

Thus no reason to NOT take a Witch Hunter allied detachment with a couple of those.
>>
>>50544091

Goodwin is too good for this Earth. There needs to be more 40k made from his concept artwork, more pictures in the Codices of his work.
>>
>>50545971
>every regiment has that one jackass that tries to fuck them
>>
>>50548449
Agreed here.
>>
File: codexi.jpg (51KB, 664x222px) Image search: [Google]
codexi.jpg
51KB, 664x222px
>>50547662
>Thus no reason to NOT take a Witch Hunter allied detachment with a couple of those.

When the new imperial codex comes out sisters can be taken as henchmen for inquisitors , not sure what that exactly means but sisters may become an acolyte style choice or get a formation/detachment combining the two forces. Either way no allies needed.
>>
>>50548662
Well that would be quite useful.

But I still hope the Sisters will still have their weapons, units, vehicles and Acts of Faith untouched.

Also hoping for more generic Saints, though fluff-wise they should be super rare.

Maybe as a HQ/Lords of War?
>>
>>50548609
I need a greentext of this. Can an anon deliver?
>>
>>50545176
>Those snails that make iron plates on their feet

WTF are you describing? You have got to provide a picture for this monstrosity.
>>
>>50545626
It's a failcast Canoness...
>>
File: 60.jpg (698KB, 1197x1623px) Image search: [Google]
60.jpg
698KB, 1197x1623px
>>50529155
Praxedes was a Canoness. Helena the Virtuous was the Prioress character and the only other Sisters SC who was an actual Sister.

>>50529624
>The whole Abyssal Crusade is hilarious if you don't take it at face value and just consider the Vorpal Swords to be butthurt about spending the best part of the millenium in a hellhole.
I've often wondered that too. The twist at the end is resolved very quickly - one assumes when they went to apprehend Basillius (sounds like there could be room for a whole other story there) they witnessed indisputable evidence that he was indeed all Chaosed up, but the text doesn't actually say that. Only that his "true nature" was "revealed" by a bunch of guys who were mad at him.

On the other hand, right from the very first mention of the crusade, it seemed too suspect to not be a Chaos plot.
>>
>>50510440
You know what? That's actually a really good idea!
>>
>>50549182
>Praxedes was a Canoness
My bad.

On the topic of special characters, I would like to see priests that aren't demagogues.
Some cold, calculating cardinal like Richelieu would be really cool.
>>
File: 63.jpg (701KB, 1178x1627px) Image search: [Google]
63.jpg
701KB, 1178x1627px
>>50550418
There is Kyrinov who fits into both moulds, though as a playable character he's been in and out, in again, out again... currently still out, because apparently GW didn't feel like keeping his mini in production.
>>
Seems the Canoness is a Blanche one, perhaps the one from the 2E codex cover...

SeanDrake wrote:
Ok what do you know I can confirm a ltd edition Blanche S&M cannoness in resin.

SISTER OF BATTLE CANNONESS VERIDYAN only 5 per store limited run.
>>
File: canoness.png (87KB, 771x119px) Image search: [Google]
canoness.png
87KB, 771x119px
>>50551602
>>
>>50551602
I'm no economist, but an ultra-limited run afters years of neglect and discontinued models doesn't sound like the most solid business plan to me.
You'd think that making more people able to buy it would make more people interested in collecting sisters.

Anyways, let's hope that it will be one of the good and dynamic resin models.
Unlike the limited terminator chaplain
>>
>>50551892
I'm just happy it's not one of those faggot stamp card things where you have to get 10 stamps to be allowed to buy it. What kind of faggotry is that?! I have to first spend $200 to be allowed to buy a mini?
>>
>>50552009
Just do the same thing that I do with my pizza cards. Counterfeit stamps.

>>50544091
Aw, now I really want a former Esher ganger character that saw the light of the Emperor during some inderhive skirmish and joined the sororitas afterwards.
I've always felt that restricting SoBs to Schola cadets cut out a lot of potentially interesting backgrounds. A lot of real life religious figures come from unlikely places, which has always fascinated me.
>>
>>50552144
>Just do the same thing that I do with my pizza cards. Counterfeit stamps.

I'm banned from the GW store because I was caught shoplifting... got about $5000 worth of stuff over the years but was finally caught and got a $250 fine.

Funny thing, when the police came they searched me and found about 20 bottles of GW washes and technical paints in my jacket pocket. They asked me about it and I said I bought it, I didn't have a receipt but they couldn't prove I hadn't bought it and didn't ask the GW store staff if they sold those.

So I walked away with 20 pots of the larger pots of washes, technical and such paints.
>>
File: image.png (77KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
77KB, 600x800px
>>50551845
Resine...

Haven't we suffer enough?
>>
>>50552248
Around blacks
>>
>>50552567
Blacks can't read so why would they be interested in 40k?
>>
>>50551602

ONLY from a GW store? I can't get this shit from my LGS?
>>
>>50551845
>$25 usd
So that's what, $100 Kangaroo Koins?
>>
>>50553269
>Kangaroo Koins

The denomination of Marsupial Money is Didgeridoo Dollars, ya fuckin' cunt.
>>
>>50496626
Identify 1 army out of all the others that they are the foil to, and specifically set up to kill.

Acts of faith now function as Psychic powers in a grey knight squad. Faith points dropped, but sister powers are not true psychic powers and cannot be denied, or jammed by psychic hoods or the like.
>>
>>50548863
>>50548609
>Jameston was always a hardy man; he was cadian born, after all
>he never had any fear of chaos, even when he was a child he was punting nurglings and harassing daemonettes
>so when he and his regiment were assigned to work with the Sisters of Battle, he was one of the few who wasn't immediately put off by them
>they were tall as shit, and freaky too
>they reminded Johnston of the seafood his grandmother would serve back on his home planet
>rubbery, yellow, and undeniably tainted
>under official Imperium terms, the Sisters were "angels", but anyone with half a brain knew otherwise
>Kev, the local psyker, won't even let himself be in the same areas as them
>despite all the fear surrounding the, Johnston was undeniably entranced
>the way their hips swing, the curves of their chest plates
>and most importantly
>how that squishy lemon flesh feels on his dick
>approaching one, he decided to start off with some small talk
>she didn't really understand anything he tried to talk about
>the only things she was willing to discuss were things like how great the Emperor is, or about the "bright place" where she and her sisters "bloomed forth"
>Johnston has heard the word Emperor enough that he begins to gag at the sound, so he quickly tries to steer the conversation to it's true purpose
>"so, uh..."
>"you down to fuck?"
>the daemon cocked her head
>"ą f͞u̷c̛k?"
>the cadian was taken aback
>this must be those prudes on terra
>they're probably just jealous that they can't get any, so they don't tell the fishsticks about it
>"it's when a guy takes it's cock and sticks it in a pretty girl. you know, like you."
>"dơ̶ yo҉̧̢u͘͠ m̸̴̕eaǹ s͝͠e҉̶x҉͟?̵"
>the daemon's gray eyes locked onto him, gazing into him intensely enough that he could feel it
>"yeah?"
>with an inhuman quickness, she raised her flamer to Johnston's face
>"b͘͜͟ u҉͡ r̢̀ n s͡͡ l̶ a̶͜͠ a̸ ń e̡͜͡ s͏̀ h̕͢ i̵ s̸͢ c̡͘ u m̀͘"
>>
>>50553674
Excellent.

Had a nice chuckle.

Anon delivered, and anon delivered well. Time to make this into a comic.
>>
just make them all leather for the grey knights to wear
>>
>>50534542
That is literally their mission statement:

"We make the best fantasy miniatures in the world and sell them globally at a profit and we intend to do this forever."
>>
>>50529356
I like Perpetuals but I actually wish they were more slightly mundane like psykers, relatively speaking.

Like if they were still secret but are somewhat irrelevant and view themselves as unlucky leftovers of humanity's golden age of tech and occult secrets etc, but otherwise act as long lived and really cool normal humans who tend to die a lot. And most choose to live normal lives with the exception of inspired great perpetuals like the Emperor who just decided to exploit his immortality to gather the nigh-invincible might to match.
>>
File: SoB Daemon 1.jpg (881KB, 1300x669px) Image search: [Google]
SoB Daemon 1.jpg
881KB, 1300x669px
>>50544526
>what other daemons of the emperor would be like
They'd probably look something like this
>>
File: SoB Daemon 2.jpg (138KB, 992x651px) Image search: [Google]
SoB Daemon 2.jpg
138KB, 992x651px
>>50555494
>>50544526
Or this.
>>
>>50553741
>Time to make this into a comic
do tell, anon
>>
File: Daemon.png (761KB, 1700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Daemon.png
761KB, 1700x1100px
>>50555562
Oh anon. Little do you know, I'm a drawfag.

And I'm already drafting concept art.
>>
File: hey, that's pretty good.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hey, that's pretty good.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>50555906
>>
File: 1_five_roos.jpg (10KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1_five_roos.jpg
10KB, 125x125px
>>50553336
Nope. Kangaroo Koins.
Just take a look.
>>
>>50496626
Give 'em an ap 1 ranged heavy weapon that uses their model's leadership for strength. Like a Str 8 Ap 1 lascannon. Call it a purity cannon and have it shoot literal laser beams made out of faith.

Let them take plasmaguns in addition to meltaguns and flamers.

Make Sisters Dialogus, Sisters Hospitaller and Priests an elite choice that can be split up into different squads.

Give them a LOW choice similar to a Daemon Prince that is some kind of Imperial Saint.
>>
File: Ladyboner.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Ladyboner.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>50555906
>>
Similar to spess meens but with worse saves and worse toughness. Big focus on anti-infantry with flamers everywhere. Some option for tank cracking. Anti-psyker options like sisters of silence.

Slightly weaker than spess meens but they have Prayers/psychic powers based on their faith in the emperor that can make them a bit better than spess meens
>>
>>50556830

This interview always seemed so perfect to me. He is totally clueless/doesn't give a fuck, she's actually pretty damn hot and also a professional fitness model or some shit, and she's splooshing all over him RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS HOT WIFE

And the kicker is you can see on the wife's face that she's noticed.
>>
On the subject of rumours can someone point me towards the exact point Lady Atia said there would be Plastic Sisters?

I see a lot of people say she confirmed it but I've never seen the exact post of her confirming it.
>>
>>50527082
>ahriman captured one
>when there are like 5 in existence

delete this
>>
>>50557218
He's telling about his wife's cancer and the interviewer is crying.
>>
>>50557338

You can't because it's not happening.
>>
>>50558949
>implying that he doesn't collect them like plastic anime figures
>>
>>50559795
DON'T YOU SAY THAT!

I HAVE A RIGHT TO DREAM!!!
>>
>>50561028
Need greentext of this.
>>
>>50496626
>>50518907

I like these ideas.
I wouldn't mind seeing some more deep strike-able units. SoB terminators and some new drop pods maybe.
>>
>>50527082
Oh no, clichéisation.
It was already bad with Star Wars EU (Han Solo is from Corellia? Then all corellians are hotshot pilots and smugglers.
Jabba has a couple of gamorrean enforcers? 99% of gamorreans will be honor guard for mob bosses from now on)
But in a setting that prided itself on its "your dudes" and "it's a big galaxy" stance, making every living saint have the power set of Celestine is fucking lame. Especially since none of the other living saints mentionned in old fluff regenerated.
>>
>daemon SOBs
>you will never shove a qt soldiergirl into your bolter
>>
>>50563006
Welp, if it's according to our own faction, then my living saint looks like >>50518136 and is an Imperial daemon prince named Mirielle.

If it's player-by-player based, then my saints are going to be strong as shit ala Celestine.
>>
>>50563021
You know what?

Wouldn't be surprised if they put in theses as a troop choice for Lost and The Damned.

>SoBs and Chaos SoBs both get Zealot USR when both are on the battlefield.
>>
>>50520774

Maybe in the Christian sense, but in the 40k / 90% of fantasy sense their differences seem a bit more emphasized.
>>
all this discussion of Sister Daemons makes me wonder

What kinds of emotions and concepts would fuel them?
Faith is an obvious one, but that fuels every chaos god already when they're worshipped so it's kind of a given.
>>
>>50515950
Where are the angles of the warp anyway? Is everyone of them eaten as soon as tehy come into existance? There has to be at least a small number of good/angelic beings in the warp somehwere.
>>
>>50563241
I would expect them to be made from both hatred and feelings of guilt in particular.
I also like the idea of them having a sort of primordial deep sea motif as was suggested earlier in the thread.
>>
Better establish them as the rape and torture bait that an all female fighting force, especially one focused on purity, is destined to be.
>>
>>50563241
Zealotry, righteous fury, self-importance, pride, a tendency towards order, and a tendency towards law.
>>
>>50563316
Wasn't there a story where a sister almost got raped by a bunch of cultists, but at the last second accepted a daemon of Khorne into herself? Then she butchered all of her would-be rapists?
>>
>>50563272
I don't really think angels can exist in 40K.
Even if they're benevolent, any warp spawned entity is a daemon by denifition.
Even cases like Ishtar, who's probably practically a Great Unclean One at this point anyway.
>>
>>50563158
If your character or group of character is defined by one major thing (like Purity). You shouldn't take it away unless doing so is a fundamental part of the story you're trying to tell.

In other wrds don't make a foe terrify Space Marines just to show how badass it is. That's the epitome of bad lazy writing.

So I think chaos sisters should be nothing more than an occasional line of fluff or side character. And certainly not a troop choice.
>>
>>50563365
>any warp spawned entity is a daemon
I suppose you're right. Still though I think there should be angelic deamons somewhere in a small corner.
The galaxy is mostly shit and therefor mostly spawns spychic shitmonsters, but there should be a small portion od decency and helpfulness and everything sweet and nice be left.
>>
do you prefer the idea of daemon SOBs being angels, or the idea of them being more like other daemons but influenced by deep sea life?
>>
>>50563357
I wonder of it would be possible to weaponize a daemonhost for inquisitorial ends whole keeping the host "pure".
>>
Sisters seem to be an in-your-face shooting and smacking army. They load up on rapid fire weapons and flamers and unload on the nearest bastards to step close to their rhino.

So, granting them more utility and nastier close range shooting would just make sense.
>>
File: limited canoness.png (3MB, 1562x1198px) Image search: [Google]
limited canoness.png
3MB, 1562x1198px
Canoness Veridyan model revealed, for those that missed it.
>>
File: Thanatar.jpg (54KB, 373x400px) Image search: [Google]
Thanatar.jpg
54KB, 373x400px
>>50563436
You are right.

Though there do exist some out there. And they are the results of being corrupted because they fought Chaos non-stop, or themselves got corrupted by Chaos Sisters.

Still they are considered incredibly rare. As in Chaos Marines are much more common than them.

>>50563316
Slaanesh Patrol detected.

Overriding all safety protocols.

All power to weapons.

Purge the Heretical Scum.
>>
>>50564048
The latter.
It just seems more fitting (and more interesting) then making them plain angels.
>>
>>50566300

Yeah and it seems that it will be the only new mini sisters - indeed the entire codex - will be getting.
>>
>>50570844
>>50566300

MTO sisters in the same article, btw.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.