[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody actually like AoS. I don't frequent /tg/ often

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 38

File: ageofsigmarlg.jpg (315KB, 1021x580px) Image search: [Google]
ageofsigmarlg.jpg
315KB, 1021x580px
Does anybody actually like AoS. I don't frequent /tg/ often enough to pick up the general tone that people have taken towards it and am curious. I used to play quite a bit of Warhammer Fantasy back in the "good" old days and while hadn't played in a few years by the time AoS dropped I heard about the changes they made to both the fluff and the rules and found myself repulsed. Is my disgust founded? Honestly not trying to start a flame war, just looking for some honest opinions.
>>
>>50495177
since the Generals Handbook I'm liking it, after a good solid few months of thinking it was boiled dog shit.
I'd still have prefered a proper ninth edition with some sort of skirmish rules to curb the army size bloat. Perhaps something like kill team in 40k.
>>
>>50495218
The Generals Handbook? Is that the book that added point values back to models?
>>
>>50495231

It added points values to units, not individual models nor upgrades. Kind of a lazy patch job really.

Still, does provide the ballpark game sizes for this to function on a basic level as a pick up game rather than something heavily negotiated.
>>
>>50495177
I liked it. It's a fresh, newbie-friendly game. You can buy a half of starter set and one start collecting box to make an 1k point army and play with friends. Easy and understandable rules, good deals on boxes and comfy setting. I could pick AoS or 40k - picked Sigmar, regret nothing
>>
>>50495305
That is at least something I can admit the old editions had a problem with, the immense cash investment it took to get playing and the rules were not exactly a breeze either.
>>
A part of me can't quite get past the style choices. I understand that to make it more approachable they made it so it was a skirmish game rather than ranks of units and while I prefer ranks I get why they made the change. But why make the imperials look almost identical to space marines. Why twist the fluff so hard just because of a change in rules?
>>
>>50495361
Because WHFB was dying so they could use it for experiments. Now GW knows what they should do or not with wh40k 8e
>>
>>50495177
It's hot trash designed to sell plastic crack to teenagers. Anyone who likes it is suffering from severe Stockholm syndrome and needs mental help.
>>
>>50495383
Has it actually picked up since AoS or is it still "not 40k so don't care" territory.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1434x975px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1434x975px
ive tried to get into the aos story but for mine, the old worlde held interest and wonder...
>>
>>50495177
I don't care about the rules changes, even if I still haven't done a match with them; the main issues are the butchering of the old world, the vagueness and high-magic pov of the new fluff and the choices behind aspects of the artworks and models.

I don't like the episodic nature of the moving fluff as I think a solid setting which is expanded retroactively has better results in creating the type of sandbox people play with their stuff in, but I can't argue that it keeps things fresh (until the third or so ineffectual "achievement" at least).

All in all I don't like it, but I keep an eye on it should I happen to recognise the warhammer I fell for.
>>
>>50495177
Age of Sigmar is a new age game that predicted the rise of the right wing.

>The Mortal Realms (The Western World) is in ruins because of the dominion of Chaos (Leftists).
>Chaos floods the Realms with daemons (illegal immigrants) and marauders (refugees) and corrupts (cucks) the natives
>Suddenly Sigmar (Kek) returns and launches a series of devastating assaults (Brexit, Trump, rising rightwing populism in Europe)
>Sigmar even has the power to uncuck people
>Chaos is caught completely off guard
>The Seeds of Hope are planted.

GW was always one step ahead.
>>
I like it more than the last 3 editions of whfb. The fluff is absolute dogshit though, so I just pretend I play in the old world.
>>
sigmarines are pretty dope and I hope MC rules come to 40K because fuck daemons
>>
>>50495560
You have to go back.
>>
File: Quel'dorei_Crest.jpg (142KB, 550x650px) Image search: [Google]
Quel'dorei_Crest.jpg
142KB, 550x650px
>>50495177
Sure, I always wanted miniature wargame based on WoW. Shit, army of Highborne is cool.
>>
File: 1470750654477.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470750654477.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
>>50495560
>predicted the rise of the right wing.
>In AoS Sigmar fights for queal society for everyone.
>racists from Azyrheim who was against refugees from other realms showed as Chaos agents
>>
I've yet to see anyone playing a game in any games club I've been into or in games workshop beyond the models they had out when it got released.

It's as shitty as it looks it seems.
>>
AoS now rivals 40k for popularity according to my source in head office. 30k is gaining but GW will never admit to that because itts forgeworld primarily and they don't like to encourage anything beyond BoP and BaC.
>>
>>50496628
>AoS now rivals 40k for popularity according to my source in head office.
>not even in top-5 in US
>>
>>50495177
I myself quite like the rules, but I was never invested in Fantasy's fluff as a 40k player. The only problem I can see is that tyring to port them over to 40k wouldn't work, as they'd need to be slightly more complicated. Well, that and most Fantasy fans not liking New Lore.
>>
>>50496444
>Sigmar destroys refugees because they bear Chaos taint
>Sigmar closes the borders and looks to Azyr first cleansing it of all taint
>>
File: 1408033345594.gif (442KB, 441x270px) Image search: [Google]
1408033345594.gif
442KB, 441x270px
>>50495466
>Setting is over
>Still like 40% of the world had never got any attention
>>
File: 1470754786875.jpg (328KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470754786875.jpg
328KB, 1000x1000px
>>50496851
>>Sigmar destroys refugees because they bear Chaos taint
>Yet still everyone could become sigmarine, not matter of race, or gender, or religion
>>
File: IMG_4387.jpg (63KB, 414x371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4387.jpg
63KB, 414x371px
>>50495177

What can you say, they hit the reset button on a hobby that didn't make enough money. And honestly, who can blame them? With the fan-base of neckbearding basement dwellers that used to play WHFB, its not surprising they didn't make a profit.

So they start again fresh, with a model series that will appeal to a new generation of miniature wargamers. As other anons have mentioned, the similarities to videogames is not hard to notice, and games such as WoW clearly comes to mind. Not only because of the models, but because of he simplicity of the game.

Well, I cant blame you for hating the game, many people do. I did to at first, I didn't even try it until the Generals handbook hit the grid. I thought points at least would make the game playable, but alas I was wrong. I was wrong about the whole god damn thing! The game was fucking fun, it was fast, the rules where (despite their simplicity) extremely well functioning, and the scenarios actually made the game come alive.
Hell, we didn't even bother with points after the first few games, and finally I got to play a game where monsters was actually that, MONSTERS! A game where my green tide could just swamp my opponent, but still let him win because he survived, despite being heavily outnumbered. A game where just about all buildings have rules that ad to the gameplay, hell, even the board sections have custom rules.

All I can say, try the game out. If you have no interest in painting or modeling, go look for another game, but I think your up for a surprise if you do try AoS out.
>>
>>50497117
>g-g-guys pls, buy our game to try it, we run out of shekels, because FFG beating shit out of us
>t. redshirt
>>
>>50497116
>People who prove themseves worthy can be elevated in society
>People don't get free hand outs based on race, or gender, or religion
>>
>>50497117
>who can blame them?
Everyone since WHFB was killed by 8th edition.
>where monsters was actually that, MONSTERS!
>was actually that, MONSTERS!
You mean it could be killed by 3+ just as random not-goblin?
>>50497175
>>People don't get free hand outs based on race, or gender, or religion
Actually they get.
>>
>>50497175
>>People who prove themseves worthy can be elevated in society
Including Warriors of Chaos.
>>
It is the standard GW fare. As in terrible game design and balance for the purpose of selling people lots of increasingly expensive models (Though I won't claim that 8th was any different, nicer fluff I guess). If you want fantasy skirmish then you can always play something like Malifaux instead, and play Kings of War for mass combat.

Around me there is a real scene at the local GW store so it certainly isn't dead, but no none plays it at any of the FLGSs.
>>
>>50497147

Are you seriously comparing GW to FF? Haha, Jesus, you must be a retard or the age of 12. FF would eat GW for breakfasts, by the simple reason that FF is in a different market. The market of board games will always beat a straw of hobby like miniature wargames, no matter how you pull it. And even FF, who does a bit more advanced board games, still out-sells GW on a regular basis.

And yea, AoS is still fucking fun, now go eat a dick.
>>
>>50497192
Yup, even the cucked can find redemption in the new age.
>>
File: top5.jpg (94KB, 666x460px) Image search: [Google]
top5.jpg
94KB, 666x460px
>>50497206
>by the simple reason that FF is in a different market.
Really?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1qlZP9dwEk
>>
>>50497188

I was mostly referring to the amount of attacks and general beefyness of it. Before, all monsters contributed to, was being target practice for all the cannons (and even then, it only took a pair of good rolls to take one down).
>>
>>50497232
>Before
Newfag, pls.
>>
>>50497147
FFG is also beating the shit out of the Infinity and Warmahordes guys.

Out of all of them, the only people who probably can't simply be bought out by FFG would be GW.

>>50497204
Actually, I played Plenty, I'd probably say AoS is how 40k should played, it's an incredibily fast game with a fair few tactics.

>>50497226
Runewars has been laughed at by literally everybody and nobody is going to buy it.
>>
>>50497226

Yes totally, but thanks for proving my point on you being a retard.
FF makes toys with rules to it. GW makes miniatures to a complete hobby. If you didn't even know this, I'm afraid your lost friend.
>>
>>50496851
>Sigmar takes and fortifies the Realmgates
>Sigmar enforces tight border control
>>
>>50497226
Is that graph a bit pointless?

I know tons of people who collect Warhammer and don't use it as a Wargame tool at all.

Hell, it's why I love AoS right now.
>>
>>50497251
>FFG is also beating the shit out of the Infinity and Warmahordes guys.
Yes, since FFG especially with Asmodee support are much larger than PP and CB.
>Runewars has been laughed at by literally everybody
>source: my ass

>>50497254
>FF makes toys with rules to it. GW makes miniatures to a complete hobby.
Kirby, pls.
>>
>>50497281
>I know tons of people who collect Warhammer and don't use it as a Wargame tool at all.
Anecdotal evedience, nothing more.
>>50497207
>in the new age.
In the age of equeal rights, you are right.
>>
>>50497226

And to be fair, the only company not succeeding in selling a Star Wars license is EA games with their mmo. But again, its a totally different market, FF makes board games on the nerdier side. Its still shit quality models, don't get me wrong, but its good standard for board games. With X-Wing, and now Runewars (which really just is X-Wing with sword and bow, in a medieval fantasy setting, judging by the rules system), they are slightly touching the miniature wargames market (though X-Wing still follows the idea of pre-painted toys). But its still just the same model quality they use in their board games, thus when in comparison to GW´s latest and greatest, it looks like shit.
>>
>>50497300
Well, let's use a very simple metric for Runewars shall we?

Are their any Runewars threads on /tg/ right now? No?

Is it because it's just X-wing repainted as a shitty game with absolutely terrible models and zero incentive to play?

>>50497323
What more do you need seeing as the "Person who collects" is the main focus group GW even go after.
>>
>>50497323
>In the age of equeal rights, you are right.

Yes, in the new age of the death of leftisim.
>>
>>50497300

>Makes a solid point

>Response: Buhu, redshirt, stop shilling!

Is that all defense you can muster?
>>
>>50497352
>Yes, in the new age of the death of leftisim.
Since when social utopia without social classes becomes death of leftism.
>>
>>50497341
>as a shitty game with absolutely terrible models
Look who is talking abiut bad rules and models.
>>50497372
>>Makes a solid point
>literally quoting Kibry's word
>solid point
>>
>>50497390
>No social classes
>Literal god king
>All the way down to peasants.
>>
>>50497390
Actually in Canon, Azyrheim is very much a Class system.

It's literally a Meritocracy. The Best guys at jobs boss around the guys less good at their jobs.
>>
>>50495177

Age of Shitmar is abject garbage
>>
>>50497406
>B-But Age of Sigmar models are shit.

Sorry, but even the Napoonpan Dwarves have some decent models outside the basic Dwarves.

Meanwhile, Runewars looks like someone trying to make a WoW game and then failing halfway through. There are zero multipose, terrible plastic and downright horrific sculpts with about 3 poses a model.

Even Warmahordes can push out better models, MUCH MUCH better models and they're not strictly focusing on that.
>>
>>50497409
>>Literal god king
Just like Stalin and Mao.
>>50497416
>The Best guys at jobs boss around the guys less good at their jobs.
Just like in communism, if you are good in your job you are the boss.
>>
>>50495177

I like it. But it's mostly because it gave me what I wanted to begin with. It's Warhammer Fantasy that plays like 40k. I know it's blasphemy, but I have never liked the rank and file system of movement.
>>
>>50495177
The art is shit. The story is even worse. The rules are okay.
>>
>>50497465
>Just like in communism
>I literally fail at knowing anything about how Governments work.

Communism is nobody is the boss, the government is just an administration system designed to run everything. So clerks and book-keepers are the bosses.

Azyrheim is run more like Renaissance Venice or Italy, with Sigmar being an aloof Doge while all the guilds run everything else.
>>
>>50497465
>Just like Stalin and Mao.

No, quite the opposite.
Since he is a literal god and they are literally not.
Also he is literally a king and they are literally not.
>>
>>50497463
>Meanwhile, Runewars looks like someone trying to make a WoW game and then failing halfway through.
SO just like GW?
>There are zero multipose
So just like Sylvaneth troops infantry.
>and downright horrific sculpts with about 3 poses a model.
Skelets still better than GW undead.
>>
>>50497468
My biggest issue ever with Warhammer fantasy movement trays is the Horseshoe formation was impossible outside of severe abstraction.

In AoS you can do it because denying unit coverage is a thing.
>>
File: Wight Knight.jpg (266KB, 772x898px) Image search: [Google]
Wight Knight.jpg
266KB, 772x898px
>>50497505
>AoS is WoW, despite the heavy Renaissance inspired Christian imagery used as a counterpoint to 40k's Heavy gothic catholic imagery.

>He thinks the Sylvaneth cannot be posed

>Halloween tier decorations for the Skeletons in Runewars are better than Pic related.
>>
File: machiavelli.jpg (161KB, 625x400px) Image search: [Google]
machiavelli.jpg
161KB, 625x400px
>>50497494
>the government is just an administration system designed to run everything.
Just like in flawless multicultural Sigmar's society.
>Azyrheim is run more like Renaissance Venice or Italy,
TOP FUCKING KEK.
Lawful Good (Ultramarines-tier) Sigmar is totally oppsite to Italy
>>
>>50497554
Not at all, because it basically describes how the upper Echalons of Azyrheim are probably corrupt as fuck Machiavelli like Merchant princes abusing their power.

Sigmar gives zero shits if they're just greedy jews, he wants the best guys for the job to run his shit so he can fight chaos.

If Schlomo Shreklegoldberg is an absolute cunt to people but still builds fantastic fortifications under his guidence, Sigmar keeps him in power.

Hence a Meritocracy, nobody said it wasn't full of backstabbing politics.
>>
File: 1477793348888.jpg (91KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
1477793348888.jpg
91KB, 920x950px
>>50497535
>heavy Renaissance inspired Christian imagery
>AoS
yeah sure
>>He thinks the Sylvaneth cannot be posed
>He thinks that "lol guiys, just use some green stuff and fix the models" is argument
>>Halloween tier decorations for the Skeletons in Runewars are better than Pic related.
>posting models from hateful WHFB
>>
>>50497591
>Not at all, because it basically describes how the upper Echalons of Azyrheim are probably corrupt as fuck Machiavelli like Merchant princes abusing their power.
Yet still none suffer from this and everyone except ebil racists fights against Chaos, because AoS setting is 8+ (shit even Azeroth is 12+)
>>
>>50497463

This.
As I mentioned in my earlier post, FF makes good standard models for Board games, but when you try to hit a new market and break ground on miniature wargames, you better be prepared to know what you're getting yourself in to. Because, all of a sudden, all of your "good quality" models looks like shit in comparison. Its like playing with the models from Talisman for your warhammer games, its just sad when you put it up to a clearly better made model. Personally, I think FF is doing a bad move with Runewars specifically. First of, it ended the partnership with GW, that alone is just stupid, because they made great games for them. Secondly, I don't think the game will sell, and even if it does, people will just use it as an entry way to the real hobby that lies within miniature wargame.
>>
>>50497620
Ending the partnership with GW was a bad idea simply because now GW could probably get someone else or even home make WHRPG and Deathwatch RPGs.
>>
>>50495177
GW fucked WHFB for greed.
8th was awful. Instead of giving the fanbase a fixed WHFB, they scrapped for a copyright friendly, uninspired, undefined setting.

Their lack of professional ethos creeped in the lack of points, horrible rules made free to parrot other companies, juvenile humour.

They applied an hot fix with the general handbook but the gimmicky spamhammer, the disgusting setting and the action-figure-y miniatures are not addressed.

3/10 fuck you GW
>>
>>50497620
>First of, it ended the partnership with GW, that alone is just stupid, because they made great games for them.
1) Partnership was ended before because GW was buttblasted about X-wing and othyer Star Wars stuff, Runewars was just a next step.
2) It's FFG who made great games, not GW.
>to the real hobby
You mean Citadel overpriced things?
>>
>>50497616
We didn't hear how Karl Franz's rule was shit for th Empire's common man either. Is that now unrealistic?

Age of Sigmar is very much designed to be a more "Heroic" Warhammer, with even Orks being far more talkative and "Heroic"
>>
>>50497658
>We didn't hear how Karl Franz's rule was shit for th Empire's common man either.
Say that to Nordland.
>>
>>50497651
>Juvenile Humour

Fuck you, it's 6e babbies like you who drained GW of Humour in the first place.

>>50497656
FFG ended the partnership, not GW. It's because GW keeps it's IPs close and FFG wanted to jew more of it out.
>>
>>50497598

Well, actually, not that anon but regarding the poses on models. Thats what differs GW´s hobby from FF´s boardgames.
A hobbyist will do what it takes to make his army or his models look the part that he wants them to. A hobbyist not satisfied with the look straight out the box, will simply fix it, re-model, convert and use green stuff.
GW even encourage their fan-base this, to make each players army look unique if they wish it so.

Now, again, as others have mentioned, you seem lost boy this is /tg/.
>>
>>50497683
>FFG ended the partnership, not GW.
Source?
>>50497694
>GW even encourage their fan-base this, to make each players army look unique if they wish it so.
>generic paladins
>unique
>>
>>50497694
Also the guy literally posted Multipose models.
>>
>>50497725
>>50497694
Guys it's the Slav warmachine shitposter. Bad English and baiting. I sometimes wonder how you guys cannot identify him.
>>
>>50497713
>Generic Paladins
>Goldenrod/art deco designs

I wish Paladins were more like this.
>>
>>50497746
Shit, I forgot about him.

I guess Runewars is his new tool?

But yeah. FFG stopped the partnership because of Runewars and I think because they refused the rights of HH to FFG.
>>
File: BA_Sanguinary_Guard.jpg (430KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
BA_Sanguinary_Guard.jpg
430KB, 873x627px
>>50497749
>I wish Paladins were more like this.
>>
>>50497746
Problems with Slavs, eternal Sven?
>>
>>50497770
He switches bad and forth. Most of the time he trolls the Total War thread in /vg/ with pro-AoS posts. So don't take whatever he says seriously, he has no position, He just spews whatever he thinks will get him (yous).
>>
>>50497795
Only that they're disgusting subhuman trash.
>>
File: Art Deco.jpg (42KB, 768x1207px) Image search: [Google]
Art Deco.jpg
42KB, 768x1207px
>>50497780
While both are inspired by Renaissance Imagery, Sigmarines use more Goldrenrod/Art Deco designs.

It's why the Sigmarines look fucking fantastic when painted Dark Colours contrasting with Gold.

It may have been unintentional, but the Main "Order" soldiers being based on an Artstyle that imposes rigid order is pretty neat.

But of course, Slavs cannot into art.
>>
>>50497683
started in 4th Wh and 3rd 40k, sorry mr. Retard.

And if you were neurotypical, you would understand the difference between being witty and being forced and inappropriate.
>>
>>50497836
>While both are inspired by Renaissance Imagery,
Where?
>Sigmarines use more Goldrenrod/Art Deco designs.
Yeah, totally original.
>It may have been unintentional, but the Main "Order" soldiers being based on Space Marines terminators is pretty neat.
fix
>>
>>50497851
>GW
>Witty

GW have, and always will be, Low brow commoners from Nottingham.

Dark Angels are one big gay joke

Leman Russ is meant to be said with a funny Swedish accent

Gahzkhull Mag Uruk Thraka is named after a certain female Politician.

Dwarves being Dwarves, Grots being Grots, Orks.

GW was always low brow designed to make nerds chuckle a bit while rolling dice and drunking pints.
>>
There was a two week period after the general's handbook where games were played here at the LGS, then people started breaking it again. They were banned, but then people started breaking it without realizing they had shattered it. Understanding that they were basically playing the equivalent of a premature crack baby on a ventilator, everyone quit again.
>>
>>50497901
>Gahzkhull Mag Uruk Thraka is named after a certain female Politician.

Andy Chamber disproved this. He said that he came up with the character name by using a random Orc name generator
>>
>>50497851
what you listed is still miles ahead the moustaches rules.
One word-play is good, the free warscroll rules looked like written by the exact same person you will never bring to a party.
>>
>>50497921
was for this >>50497901
>>
File: stormcast.jpg (111KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
stormcast.jpg
111KB, 600x595px
>>50497886
Try studying art, maybe you'd not come off as a literal mongoloid.

The Wings of the flying dude are the perfect example of the Art Deco Design.
>>
>>50497918
Andy Chambers also has a habit of talking shit.
>>
File: Angel.jpg (197KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
Angel.jpg
197KB, 1280x719px
>>50497966
>Try studying art
Comcis =/= aren't art
>The Wings of the flying dude are the perfect example of the American Art Deco Design.
another fix
>>
>>50498036
>Feathers.
>When the Stormcast ones are clearly not feathers and are either solid or rays of light

Sorry Slav, guess you're stock images and half-arguments don't work when someone has actually studied this stuff.

Your argument basically falls down to

>But Stormcast are big and gold

I guess that means they're just a ripoff of everything big and/or gold right?
>>
File: QODkh9on.jpg (86KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
QODkh9on.jpg
86KB, 566x800px
>>50497966
>literal mongoloid.
>white knights still buttblasted because they will never create the greatest continental empire
>>
>>50498072
>b-b-but they're straight!
>>
File: mr roger.jpg (11KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
mr roger.jpg
11KB, 273x185px
>>50498072
>>50498036
you faggots are faggots
stop this shit
>>
File: 1480282506452.png (72KB, 286x301px) Image search: [Google]
1480282506452.png
72KB, 286x301px
>>50498141
>greatest continental empire
>mogols
pic related.
britian/US still best empires
also mongoloid is more of a testament to the mongol empire then anything else.
given they named that entire breed of humans after them
>>
>>50496662
WHFB rules were already more complicated than 40k rules and they were simplified in AOS, so why couldn't they simplify the simpler 40k rules in the same manner?
>>
File: rotc-heels1-600.jpg (91KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
rotc-heels1-600.jpg
91KB, 600x400px
>>50498233
>britian
Colonial Empire
>US
picrealeted
>>
>>50498273
>Colonial Empire
i fail to see the fault in that.
>picrealeted
if i'm not mistaken, troopers were forced to do that because of political matters.
feminism is directly responsible for that then if i am not mistaken.
>>
>>50497300
Kirby is responsible for trying to make Warhammer/40k more board game like in the 90's.
>>
>>50497635
Right, and now FFG loses out on the $5 grand it made on deathwatch & their other 40k RPGs. Did you graduate high school?
>>
File: 1018131294.jpg (91KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
1018131294.jpg
91KB, 1000x541px
>>50498322
>if i'm not mistaken, troopers were forced to do that because of political matters.
And how such troopers and their cuckommanders supposed to stop stepps (the guys who managed to tame greatests eagles in the world) son and one of the founder of "United Russia"?
>>
>>50497116
>White guy with black skin
Why can't GW into black people?
Or are they just too worried about turning out some sort of bix nood caricature if they do try and sculpt an ethnically african-looking black person?
>>
>>50498467
>Why can't GW into black people?
The same reason why they made transgender models wearing hijab.
>>
>>50498072
>>When the Stormcast ones are clearly not feathers and are either solid or rays of light
>guys it's special feature, not bec ause GW cannot make good models
kek.
>>But Stormcast are big and gold
Yes, since sigmarines doesn;t have anything else in their design (Except Blood Angels elements, including Dante's mask)
>>
>>50498463
drones anon.
drones and having more ton of ship in the ocean then almost the entire world combind.
>>
>>50498656
>drones anon.
Works only against poorest terrorists and was jammed even by Iran
>more ton of ship in the ocean then almost the entire world combind.
Burger never heard about anti-ship miislies?
>>
>>50495177
The fluff is terrible, but that is mostly because GW's current writers are dogshit rather than just the concept of the setting.
>>
>>50495177
We've had a consistent AoS General thread up since the game's introduction.
Frontline gaming, the guys responsible for the ITC, The west's largest tournament circuit for 40k, have picked up AoS and provided national rankings for it. They report that they have seen more activity with warhammer fantasy side now with AoS than they ever have with old warhammer.
GW reports that AoS has revitalized their warhammer fantasy sales.

These among other reasons say that AoS is doing well, despite the haters saying otherwise.
>>
File: aos_is_a_failure.jpg (28KB, 1143x128px) Image search: [Google]
aos_is_a_failure.jpg
28KB, 1143x128px
>>50499151
Here's an excerpt of the report I was talking about. I foolishly don't have the source or name of the document, I wish I had kept it. So take it for what you will.
>>
File: aos_is_dead.jpg (376KB, 1599x815px) Image search: [Google]
aos_is_dead.jpg
376KB, 1599x815px
>common reactions to aos
>>
>>50499151
To be fair; the early AoS threads were pretty much powered by anger and shitposting alone.
>>
>>50495305
>You can buy a half of starter set and one start collecting box to make an 1k point army and play with friends
If you play Sigmarines or Khorne Adjectivenoun, you mean.
Just to be nitpicky. To be quite honest I think start collecting deals are pretty amazing, and I say so counting reasonable prices for miniatures and not the absurdly bloated pricetags of the new miniatures
>>
>>50499203
DESU, this does not address the quality. Lots of shit is very popular.
>>
>>50499374
Nice opinion.
>>
>>50499182
note the use of "rate of sales" instead of terms that specifically address incomes and remember that aos has had in that year more releases and support than warhammer has ever had in a similar time frame.

if it was producing noticeable incomes they would have said it, as the document is supposed to convince people about it, they didn't, so it's likely it isn't.
also must be considered how that year's report stood positive only thanks to royalties from a videogame.
>>
>>50499397
Well, you did not answer.
>>
>>50499374
This. People still like 40k even though it has been going downhill for over a decade.
>>
>>50499402
I do not trust GW reports in general. The language is ambiguous at best and looks more as a way to placate the shareholder than to report data properly.
>>
>>50499413
I was thinking about a couple of movie franchise but yes, that too.
>>
>>50499409
Answer to what? Your opinion?

My answer would be that AoS isn't shit and good quality. But that's my opinion. You are of the opinion it is indeed shit and of poor quality. And thus we have a battle of opinions.

I understand this thread was asking whether or not people like this game, or if it indeed is popular, not people's opinions of its quality.
>>
>>50499442
But I was answering to your picture. You were mocking the fact that people, since AoS is a pile of shit, expect it too fail and that does not happen.
But we live in a world in which people are very invested in franchises and brands so the reaction to AoS is not the normal one would expect if was the product of an "who" company instead of GW.
>>
>>50495560
But who are Russians in this game?
>>
>>50498764
>Houthi's recently tried firing off ASM's at a pair of US warships
>US intercepted and decoyed them.
>>
File: doitforher.jpg (18KB, 374x511px) Image search: [Google]
doitforher.jpg
18KB, 374x511px
>>50495177
I'm glad people like it, but I'm done with it. I don't want to buy models from a company that I think could kill the army the models are for just because sales dipped.
>>
>>50495177
Your disgust isn't founded, as you have no knowledge of this whole thing, but your disgust IS the correct reaction.

The game is terrible and has had a highly mixed reaction. It seems stillborn here, but other people will swear it's come alive in their area. But over here it died a death because its rules and models were total shit, and people had already moved on to much better games by the time it reared its ugly head.
>>
>>50498772
Nah, the concept of the setting is plain awful.

"These giant gold men fight these giant red men in this ambiguous, uninteresting fire land? What are they fighting over? I dunno portals or some shit, it's not important. No land claimed or won is actually important because all the 'realms' are infinite and beyond comprehension and there's no interesting nations or people to defend or attack. Victory means nothing, defeat means nothing."

This is the AoS setting. Fucking poor showing.

But don't worry, they're forging a narrative! Three new cities exist... that we know nothing about and that have no set geographical location or importance. But they're there now!
>>
>>50497281
It's based on miniature sales by shops, no? So what people use the models for is irrelevant.
>>
>>50499842
I think an interdimensional war in Heaven could work on its own as a setting. Any competent writer can make anything work.

AoS is just jarring because it's rebooted Warhammer and the setting is only shitty because the writers are shitty.
>>
>>50499374

Nice of you not to be able to separate personal opinion regarding esthetics and quality.

To my knowledge, and I'm not a huge AoS fan, but I do play it from time to time, but mostly enjoy the miniatures (that I have collected for a good 20 years now), quality is still getting better and better.
>>
File: Sylvaneth TreeRevenant.jpg (726KB, 1000x984px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvaneth TreeRevenant.jpg
726KB, 1000x984px
>>50495177
I like the Sylvaneth.
>>
>>50499266
Yeah, I know. But you can go to the AoS General - they have a 1k pts list for every faction
>>
>>50500987
They are the only faction that feels natural and not contrived.
>>
Everything about AoS is garbage, and I genuinely do not understand how people can like it, unless they're being ironic.

>Weak, terrible rules
>No tactics beyond 'move forward and roll more 4s than your opponent'
>Fluff is laughably bad
>Setting makes zero sense
>Models are over-designed pieces of shit
>Artwork is farmed out to the lowest bidder and it shows

Everything about it is terrible, and if it hadn't been released by GW, it would have sank without a trace a month after release. The only reason it's still going is because GW fanboys will buy any shit the company churns out.
>>
>>50501026
The Seraphon do to but they already had good modles and basically went in without needing any real changes
>>
File: sylvaneth tree revenant.jpg (589KB, 1536x1420px) Image search: [Google]
sylvaneth tree revenant.jpg
589KB, 1536x1420px
>>50501026
I genuinely also love their aesthetics, and also find their lore to be pretty cool.

They basically took the stuff I absolutely loved about the Wood Elves (tree people, creepy forest spirits etc), and made a whole faction of that stuff alone, and left the faggy elves out.
>>
>>50500736
no, here is just you that do not accept any answer that is not a praise.
The game is shit, and you have the same pleb tastes of all the people we have to thank for capeshit in cinema.
>>
File: Mentor.png (1MB, 901x984px) Image search: [Google]
Mentor.png
1MB, 901x984px
I'm more of a 40k fan than a Fantasy fan. From what I've heard, an AoS-type system for 40k might be neat, although I still prefer small Kill Team games to the standard points levels. Simplifying the system would be great, though for HoR-type rules they're going to have to add a whole lot of terrain rules back in to adjust the system for the small scale.

Given how they're bringing the Primarchs back, it definitely looks like they have Age of Emperor in the works, and is setting up 40k for its own End Times.

As for AoS itself, I just need to find a place that has more Stormcast bits cheap rather than the multipart monopose Stormcast models because I want to make some of my Kill Team models themed off of the characters from E.Y.E., and the armor and head bits are perfect for some of them.
>>
>>50501409
But the stuff the movies are doing with capes is objectivly better then the comics
>>
>>50501409
Why is it that every time I see the term "capeshit" it's always thrown around by some bitter shell of an anon seemingly incapable of enjoying anything new?
>>
>>50501046
>seraphon
>not contrived

Space lizardmen who are kinda the old lizardmen but are made of cosmic energy now because someone decided they should be daemons. Also, they happen to look and dress like the old lizardmen, and have no weird warpy effects or anything to denote that they're actually psychic constructs.

They're contrived as fuck like everything in AoS.
>>
>>50501637
DESU, american comics are bad, at least now, at least the "big ones".

>>50501603
Pleb confirmed. keep swallowing the "new stuff" without any sense of criticism. You are the perfect consumer.
>>
>>50501076
The guy in that image is an elf you dumbass.

It's an elf with tree legs, sure, but still an elf.
>>
>>50501682
>They're contrived as fuck like everything in AoS.
The Sylvaneth are cool, nature spirits that went full-on native when no elves were left to counterbalance them.
>>
>>50501693
I never gave the comics any praise and think the deserve none, the movie adaptations basically do them better for the most part, there are bad ones, but I don't just lock everything out on principal
>>
>>50501715
I find the design of most of the sylv as being the usual overdesigned mess.
And I am generally a treehugger in RPGs..
>>
>>50501076
I mostly like their theme because GW actually got it right when they made the nature faction vicious and cruel.
>>
>>50501694
Except they aren't elves.
They may look like elves superficially, but their lore, behavior and nature is nothing alike the wood elves of the old world.

They are creepy telepathic tree people who grow from pods, inherit memories of their ancestors, can fucking teleport via "spirit paths" and simply happen to have a passing resemblance to the wood elves of the old world, because their creator wanted to look like that.

They have no relation to elves other than the ghostly elf like visages. They are entirely separate entities from the Elves of AoS and have completely different origins.

The Sylvaneth are all plant people, every single one of them, with the exception of their god.

Actually read their lore before talking shit, moron.
>>
>>50501786
But AoS lore isn't even worth reading in any capacity, hell my shit would feel insulted for resting upon their lore
>>
>>50501715
The Sylvaneth are wood elves elves re-explained (and over-explained) so as to be hip and with it with the kids, and to not cause heart attacks in GW's legal team.

And they look stupidly overdesigned like everything in AoS. I still don't get why people were so big on the Alarielle model, it looks absolutely retarded, just a little less toyetic than all the other huge based stuff for AoS.
>>
>>50501848
You dedicate to many words to it, we should just spam that AoS is shit and leave it at that, repeat anything to these idiots and their belive it, so we might turn the tide that way
>>
>>50501682
This. Basically everything carried over Fantasy (maybe barring some ET stuff) looks forced as fuck. "Yeah, these new Candlehobos® just happen to looks exactly like the flagellants two apocalypses ago. What a coincidence!"
>>
>>50501822
>they are Elves!
>actually, they are not, read their lore.
>lol, the lore is trash, why would I read it?

If you don't know what you are talking about, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>50501694
It's actually a tree that chooses to look like an elf, common mistake, but still arguable that they would be considered elves, so anon's point is kinda shortsighted.
>>
>>50501875
Not until AoS is dead and it's player base shit quits, you don't deserve fun
>>
>>50501786
>They may look like elves superficially, but their lore, behavior and nature is nothing alike the wood elves of the old world.

Live in forest. Pretty much never leave. Single-mindedly protect nature. Fug trees. Long ears. Elfin features. Nature magic.

Fuck, they're actually more like generic D&D wood elves than the actual elves of WHFB, who were mostly just protecting themselves. Growing from seeds and having wood legs doesn't change the fact that they are FUCKING ELVES with a coat of "oh hey kids, look how rad and different this is without being actually different at all!"
>>
I never knew this many braindead GW drones existed, no wonder this shit company still lives on with its crappy worthless settings that only harm table top in all ways
>>
Next one of you niggas is going to try to tell me 'aelfs' and 'shadow aelfs' aren't elves.

Don't be such easy marks. These are all just standard fantasy races with extra spiky bits added.
>>
The shills stopped replying, we won!
>>
>>50501958
Woohoo!

Guess they punched the clock.
>>
File: Sylvaneth Kurnoth Hunter.png (332KB, 725x663px) Image search: [Google]
Sylvaneth Kurnoth Hunter.png
332KB, 725x663px
>>50501848
The sylvaneth aren't "wood elves elves re-explained". There is really nothing of the Wood Elves in the Sylvaneth, outside of some elven features of some of the tree people.

They are basically just the forest spirit and raw nature aspect of Athel Loren made into a whole faction, with the elves left out of it.

>>50501889
>stop liking what I don't like.jpg

>>50501908
>Live in forest.
They ARE the forest. They don't just "live in forests", they are one with it, because they are god damn TREE PEOPLE.

>Pretty much never leave.
But they do, they spread their forests around and fucking wage war even in the realm of FIRE and make colonies there.

>Single-mindedly protect nature.
Because they are Nature personified. Their god is literally the goddes of fucking life.

>Fug trees.
Again, Tree People. So that's a given.

>Long ears. Elfin features.
On like 2 unit types who are still over half part tree. The rest are full on friggin trees.

>Nature magic.
Duh, they are Nature=the Faction.

>Growing from seeds and having wood legs doesn't change the fact that they are FUCKING ELVES

Yes, it does, because Elves do not grow from seeds and are not plant people.
Elves in Warhammer and AoS are quite distinctly their own thing, and the Sylvaneth are very clearly, not God Damn Elves.
>>
>>50501977
Now what?
>>
>>50501995
We have a shill left over, how much are they paying him? Must be a good job to articulate this much for such objective garbage that even my shit would say "ewww gross" upon seeing
>>
>>50502019
You know that calling people with opposing viewpoints shills isn't an argument, you fucking retard?
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 615x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 615x630px
>>50501889
>>
>>50501995
fairly sure these guys have been talking about looks instead of fluff and only of that one particular unit

also the tree units like your pic are over designed crap
>>
File: durthu.jpg (116KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
durthu.jpg
116KB, 920x950px
>>50502046
>smaller version of Treemen from Warhammer Fantasy
>muh overdesigned crap.

Not an argument.
>>
>>50502060
You don't deserve argument, you deserve torment, also that modle was made when they were getting ready to kill the setting, the old tree men were better
>>
>>50502038
But you are defending the worst thing to ever happen to table top, you can't be stupid enough to do it without being compensated, can you?
>>
>>50502038
Hahhah, don't get too angry, redshirt.
>>
>>50502122
>the Treebeard model was better
fixed that for you.
>>
I have never seen such undiluted hate in all my time lurking.
Can we have more AoS threads? this is a good show.
>>
>>50501995
>outside of some elven features of some of the tree people.

They gave those guys the looks they have for a reason. Because Sylvaneth are meant to be the hip alternative wood elves for the rad kids of the 2010's.

Everything else you've said applies to wood elves. It's just wood elf tropes taken to the EXTREEEEME.

They EXTREEEME elves.
>>
>>50502100
Are you feeling anally ravaged? Did you try and shove too many movement trays up your ass at once?
>>
>>50502191
Why? That means giving AoS attantion, we want it to die, anyone with a brain wants it to die
>>
>>50502060
There's a reason nobody bought 8th ed crap. It, too, was overdesigned nonsense.
>>
File: Wood elf Treekin.jpg (46KB, 444x319px) Image search: [Google]
Wood elf Treekin.jpg
46KB, 444x319px
>>50502100
Such massive amounts of salt.

>>50502122
>the old tree men were better
Top fucking kek.

>>50502141
>>50502159
>this is what asshurt Fantasyfags actually believe.

And again, calling people who hold opposing viewpoints shill still isn't an argument.
No amount of your bitching and whining will convince anyone to change their viewpoints.
Your impotent, angry lashing at people who don't see AOS as trash does nothing but further delegitimize any grievances you might have.
Nobody gives a shit about grognards throwing a bitchfit.
>>
>>50502191
>more thread shilling the worst game
>>
>>50502218
Go ahead and discard my wisdom, you are still and always will be, part of the problem, while I will always be part of the solution, you're the villain for supporting GW
>>
>>50502232
Look at that fucker's swag walk, charming as fuck
>>
>>50502218
I'm sure GW appreciates your dedication to the company.
>>
>>50502249
I'm the villain? Great! if it gets more neckbearded cunts like you out of the hobby so i can enjoy myself with bad wrong fun, the better. Go masturbate over kings of war or something.
>>
>>50502232
You don't understand that you're in the minority, you can't strawman us red shirt, we are your lifes blood, and are shriviling up without us, we have the power, not you or your evil masters
>>
>>50502100
Nah, I get what you mean. I don't find it very impressive either, but I think you are being pretentious and silly.
>>
>>50502220
>>50502244
Or it could get better.
You never know what Tzeench may bring.
I don't even play or read the lore for AoS, I just want to grab up the remaining Empire models for painting and maybe see what General's Handbook 2 brings.
>>
>>50502272
I know they do. I play a game and enjoy myself rather than sit in a basement and rant over pointless things.
>>
>>50502278
Kings of war was a failure, nothing with satisfy me accept a total revision to WHFB and a public appology, also fire kirby

I just want my tomb kings back...
>>
>>50502232
That's not a way to treat potential customers, bucko.
>>
To be fair, no matter what the sylvaneth are, they're ridiculous overdesigned trash first and foremost.

They kinda remind me of the guys from GW2 except not visually interesting and even worse from a lore standpoint.
>>
>>50502281
No, i think old world fags are the minority now. you're dead and dying. the sooner you all do, the better and the rest of us can just enjoy ourselves.
>>
>>50502302
Oh so you're an idiot, smart people have evolved past false happiness
>>
>>50502324
Stop saying "us" like you represent the customers, your a shill, stop this charade and leave
>>
>>50502305
Get over it. They never went away. You've still got your models, army book and rules. Play it with your friends, assuming your attitude allows for any.
>>
>>50502305
>>50502325
AoS is shit, but you're a dumbass.

Just go play Infinity or Warmahordes or DZC or some shit. There are loads of games that are way better than AoS out there.
>>
>>50502281
>if I keep calling people who disagree with me redshirts, they will surely shut up.

Keep on going m8. You sound like the leftists after Trump won, continuing to repeat their shit ad nauceum, thinking that somehow after the hundredth time, the words will have some effect.

I mean surely, bitching about AOS and insulting people who like it will kill the game eventually?? Because if it actually had no effect, that would mean that you'd have been wasting your time whining on the internet like the pathetic child you are.
>>
>>50502340
The community vanished because my friends were all morons, you corrupted them, give back my fucking life!
>>
>>50502302
>I shill the game and count my thirty pieces of silver while you fight the righteous fight

Catched couple of typos, no need to thank me.
>>
>>50502325
No, intelligent people recognise happiness and just enjoy rather than stewing over change.
>>
>>50502339
*You're.

Stop living in the past and crying over "muh ranks". Play a game if you enjoy it. If you don't, find something else to do.
>>
>>50502360
And you supported trump too! You really are a fucking moron, I know the truth, I know what's right, and I will not let you tell me what is and isn't true
>>
>>50502360
Eh, he doesn't have to shout particularly loud, the game is doing fine at killing itself.

$50 for five duuuuudes. I've never seen new players turned away faster.
>>
>>50502363
Stop being such a pussy and put some effort in. If you wanted the group to survive, you would have found a way.
>>
>>50502391
Sure you did, it was when WFB was still a thing and you needed six boxes of those dudes rathe than one or two for Sigmar.
>>
>>50502360
>redshirt AND /pol/tard

It checks!
>>
File: Finnish elf.gif (2MB, 1067x720px) Image search: [Google]
Finnish elf.gif
2MB, 1067x720px
>>50502388
I'm not a murrican.
I just take great pleasure in witnessing the butthurt of delusional people, from all walks of life.

That includes you too.
AOS is here to stay, and nothing you do will change that.
>>
>>50502408
Eh, it's about the same.

I knew a few people that actually tried to get into 8th ed. I told them they'd give up before they even had half a viable army, and they did, but the lore was good enough to force a few purchases out of them.
>>
>>50502433
Are you really not smart enough to spot a false flag when you see one? Seriously, is everyone replying this this guy actually fucking retarded?

He's even doing the dumb 'no proper punctuation' thing.
>>
>>50502441
Ended up pointless then if they just gave up. At least with Sigmar you could have a viable game with just a couple of boxes.
>>
>>50502408
Overpricing kills two games in a row, what a tweeest!
>>
>>50502456
What really gets me, that the haters think he is actually one of them.
>>
>>50502467
>viable game
lol
>>
>>50502497
Have you played it before trying to be funny?
>>
>>50502467
Look, I've played a few games of AoS, and I know you're lying.

The game technically has no lower limits, but it is completely unfun without at least thirty models on either side of the table.

You need like six of those $50 boxes before your purchases mean something.
>>
>>50502479
>implying you're not one of us pretending to shill with retarded arguments
>>
>>50502515
Worst time.
>>
>>50502456
>He's even doing the dumb 'no proper punctuation' thing.

The what now?
>>
>>50502515

How many people here have actually played it, really?
>>
>>50502467
Nobody, not even the freshest, newest players want to play a game with five Sigmarines and five Khornemarines knocking bases.

A few kids might be tricked into buying a box or two like that, but that's as far as that goes, because 99% daddy and mommy are unwilling to guy twelve boxes of this stuff so that their kid can have a real game with someone.
>>
>>50502467
AoS isn't Infinity.

You need numbers for an appreciable game.
>>
>>50502520
Uh huh, so you don't know what you're talking about then. Right oh.
>>
>>50502456
I give everyone on 4chan the benefit of the doubt that they could be retarded.
>>
>>50502535
So which version of the game did you play? Matched, ladder other? How many games?
>>
>>50502592
>I unironically enjoy simplified yathzee with overpriced counters

Ok.
>>
>>50502559
So you're telling me when you first started any mini game, you had a full and complete army and didn't just try to piss about with the rules and a few dudes?
>>
>>50502622
So, any miniature game ever then? Because all minis are just over priced counters.
>>
>>50502613
I'm not your fucking game tester, GW.
>>
File: 1300797600611.jpg (53KB, 451x392px) Image search: [Google]
1300797600611.jpg
53KB, 451x392px
>there are people who legit think that GW shills here, on this board.

Where do morons like them come from?
>>
>>50502655
The difference is that some rules are fun to play with such novel concepts as skill and choice, even with few models. And with minis that look better.
>>
>>50502676
So none of them and you're talking out your ass then. Fair enough. Leave the discussion to the adults now, ok?
>>
>>50502638
I generally have enough for a real game.

If you experience with a game ends at pissing about with the rules and few dudes you've essentially done nothing and wasted your money. Granted, this is why I would have never played WHFB - it takes too much to get to 'appreciable' level.

I'm not one of those people that hates AoS because it killed WHFB. I just recognize a shit game when I see one.
>>
>>50502697
>sweating brow intensifies
>"hopefully this pic I found on Facebook will mask me"
>>
>>50502467
>At least with Sigmar you could have a viable game with just a couple of boxes.
You can play any version of warhammer with a couple of boxes, doesn't mean the game will be good.
>>
>>50502716
You get the same in Sigmar. Tactially it's actually surprisingly subtle, but game changing in how units work together.
>>
>>50502745
You try and play a game of WFB with two or three boxes of anything and tell me how well that goes.
>>
>>50502774
Did that, several times, was good, fuck you and your bankrupt adaptability.
>>
>>50502721
Gash! You saw right trough my dastardly plan, Mr. Redshirt! Truly, it is I, the Great Grognard, who prevents those teens entering your store, out of pure spite! Clearly I lack the mental faculties needed to enjoy the RAW FUN ingrained in those glorious four pages and further elevated by the following TOMES of ENTERTRAIMENT® and QUALITY©!
>>
>>50502728
Then you're in the minority. Virtually no one can afford or will invest in a full force of a game without being certain it's worth the investment first.

"Opinions". Sigmar is a surprisingly good game. I have two sizable WFB armies of vamps and beastmen and to be honest, giving them a new lease of life with sigmar brought me back into gaming hard. Fantasy was stale. Tried kings of war and 9th age and they are so fucking boring. There's no flavour or interest too them.
>>
Has AoS solved the problem of almost every model having to roll either 3+ or 4+ to do everything yet, no matter what it's attacking or defending against?

Because that was the most boring shit ever. It felt like nothing in the game interacted in any meaningful way.

Better yet, have they just gone "fuck it" yet and replaced the ruleset with LotR's far superior one?
>>
>>50502818
Trying too hard. Get off the internet child, it's past your bedtime.
>>
>>50502792
Course you did sweetheart. You keep arguing as long as it makes you feel good.
>>
>>50502819
>Virtually no one can afford or will invest in a full force

Not 'full'. Enough to be an appreciable fight.

A starter set and maybe one other unit is an appreciable Warmahordes fight. Just the starter box vs another starter box works fine for Infinity, or DZC, or DFC.

They're not huge games but they give you a full sense of the kind of tactics the game revolves around, and the forces you're playing with are varied and deep enough to be interesting to use.
>>
>>50502845
But I can't argue if you do not post arguments :^)
>>
>>50495177

A lot of people like it but a lot of people also hate it.
>>
File: 1300803490975.jpg (42KB, 205x205px) Image search: [Google]
1300803490975.jpg
42KB, 205x205px
>>50502743
>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill!

Because the only reason someone might have a different opinion from you is if they were paid.
>>
>>50502860
Same thing with the start collecting boxes from GW. That also come with rules in the box so you can play that formation right out of the box.
>>
>>50502828
I wish. LotR is a rad system. While there are some balance issues, it is just a much better game than AoS.
>>
>>50502882
Don't take the bait, you should know better.
>>
>>50502834
Don't you have a store to run tomorrow? Truly sucks they moved to one man stores, doesn't it?
>>
>>50502890
What balance issues were there? I play it as my primary game and it's extremely balanced from what i've found.

As a side note, it's the best ruleset GW ever put out, period.
>>
>>50502920
Nah, i've got a skype meeting with a few people as i work high up in payroll. You know, a well paying job.
>>
>>50502019
>STOP HAVING FUN STOP IT STOP IT STOP!
>>
Age of Smegma will never, ever be a better product than Warhammer Fantasy ever was.
>>
>>50502889
>Dropfleet Commander Starter Box
6 incredibly detailed miniatures.
Like fifteen variations you can build.
Functional bases.
Stat sheets for quick play.
Can build a small but varied fleet for a good intro game.
>£36

>Age of Sigmar Paladins Box
Five detailed miniatures.
Two variations.
Nothing else.
No way to run a good game with these.
>£35.99

Something seems out of place here.
>>
>>50502889
Yeah but those boxes cost twice as much as the aformentioned boxes
>>
>>50502992
Wait, sorry.

You can build SEVEN models out of the DFC starter. Eleven if Shaltari.
>>
>>50502942
Is Nottingham nice this time of the year?
>>
>>50502992
Fuck's sake, START COLLECTING box, not a troop box.

>£40 discounted
>Lord Celestant
>2 Retributors
>5 Liberators
>3 prosecutors
>Formation rules
And the core rules are free to download as are the indvidual rules for the units.

Go away and try again.
>>
>>50503016
Don't know, i'm in France right now and going to Spain on Monday.
>>
>>50503007
And you can build ELEVEN out of the start collecting. Next point please.
>>
>>50503054
Not a poor deal, I could start with that if I didn't know the game is mostly just rolling 3+ and 4+ over and over.

GW are clearly getting gud at packaging deals again, makes me wonder why they even bother having five normal dudes at £35.
>>
>>50503054
You need three of those for a good game.

Of course, you don't want three, because you don't want three Celestants. But you want 3x that number of dudes.
>>
>>50497494
> thinks communism is an actual government, not the utopian state of existence AFTER fall of western capitalist government, ie in a sense the end of history
Try actually getting a higher education, not just reading pol. Fucking poorfag.
>>
>>50502890
I am honestly amazed that nobody has hijacked the LotR system.

So long as you word it differently, it'd be totally legal, and GW are doing literally nothing with it despite it being their greatest creation.
>>
>>50498656
This guy gets it.
>>
>>50498764
> can't even spell MISSILES
Is this what your college level education in your shit country got you? I am surprised you even have an Internet connection.
>>
>>50503181
His shit country is the USA.

His state is Ruseland.
>>
>>50503161
You mean apart from the massive reboot it's had recently? The oop models coming back in stock, the new chunky supplement coming out tomorrow, plastic, modular lake town houses going on pre-order tomorrow, Iron hills dwarves release already happened. That's alot of literally nothing.
>>
>no one to play with
>no one wants to start at LGS
>might still get Sylvaneth box

Wtf am I doing...
>>
>>50503283
What you want to to enjoy yourself.
>>
>>50503293

Idk if I will be enjoying myself, though.
>>
Anny info of new Darkroot Wargrove?
Rules?
>>
File: TomaruCigarette.jpg (180KB, 1197x898px) Image search: [Google]
TomaruCigarette.jpg
180KB, 1197x898px
>>50495560
>uncuck
>when they're daughter hating fucks themselves
>>
>>50501682
Are you dumb? The Seraphon are created out of the memories of the Slaan who were the only survivors of their trip through space. So of course they would look like the old Lizardmen.

They are made from Azyr energies and bleed light. They manifest out of star light and stuff.
>>
>>50503601
>and this is absolutely not contrived bullshit guyz
>>
>>50503090
>3+ and 4+ over an over again.
It's not. Those are the most common rolls, but that's not always what happens.
6+ and 2+ are pretty rare, but they do show up in most armies, and 5+ are something that you encounter regularly.
2+ are rare because rerolling 1s is pretty common, and outside of saves you have limited options to affect your opponents target number. Anyone with experiance with rerolling 2+s knows that it messes up the game pretty fierce.

>Five normal dudes for 35 pounds
differ massively from model to model.
That same price gets you 15 to 25 of most Seraphon troops.

GW is very inconsitent in their price structure.
>>
>>50501682
>>50501682
>no weird warpy effects.
One of the few armies that can be summoned, the others being demons and undead. Literally everything other than the Slaan can be summoned but only by Slaan and engine of the gods
Magic laser beams as ranged weapons.
Special anti chaos demon powers.
Slaan command ability causes the whole army to fly.
>>
>>50502206
Not him.

The Revenants are the warrior caste of the Treefolk. The majority of the Treefolk are Dryads who are the civilians and most of the time they didn't fight since they were gentle and peaceful (Before Chaos invaded). The Everqueen created the Revenants with the visage of the old world Wood Elf forest protectors to honour them but in essence they are just solider trees. The Revenants know little of the creatures that they took their image from but they strive to live up to their legend.

The Revenant are the only part of the Treefolk with Elven features (there are corrupted spiteful ones too). Literally, one unit. So pointing them and saying Sylvaneth are wood Elves is just dumb.
>>
>>50503644
Not in the way you were implying.

>You : Huuur why do they look like old lizardmen
>Me : Give lore answer

>You : Dey have no effects Haaar
>Me : Actually, they put a light show whenever they fight

I cannot believe that people here believe than a whole race can survive ages of space travel without dying out.
>>
>>50503601
>The Seraphon are created out of the memories of the Slaan who were the only survivors of their trip through space. So of course they would look like the old Lizardmen.

I'm aware. It's just a dumb, contrived excuse to have old lizardman models in the game. Which is one of the biggest reasons I could never play AoS: the old WHFB models and the new stuff do not look like they belong in the same universe.

>Actually, they put a light show whenever they fight

Effects and such ON THEIR MODELS. There's nothing on them to mark them as daemons or even slightly unnatural. They're not bad models, GW never got round to ruining them, but they don't look like what they are in AoS. They look like oldschool lizardmen in a setting totally unfitting for them.
>>
>>50504088
>on their models
Paint scheme.
Having things look like they are made of light or shining is something you do with paint, not plastic.

>the new stuff does look like they belong in the same universe.
Paint scheme does a shitload to fix this, though I'll admit it doesn't work very well with generic human footmen.
Then again, the high fantasy stuff is supposed to be pretty different from generic human footmen.
>>
>>50504254
Those generic human footmen never looked out-of-place around the high fantasy elements of the old designs. And it'd be pretty easy for GW to make seraphon models with otherworldly traits like fire rolling off them and such, but the fact is, seraphon only exist because GW wants to sell old models.

It's okay to admit that the AoS setting is incredibly contrived.
>>
>>50495256
I actually like the unit points rather than upgrades

It clears away the dumb bloat of "I can't afford another unit because this model has a plasma pistol"
>>
>>50504857
>fire rolling off of them
but they aren't actual demons, they are constructs from memory and made of light.
They aren't supposed to be on fire or spilling fire. They're star stuff.
This is Old fantasy lore you're fuckingup here. Azyr isn't fire, it's beams of light.

And maybe I should have said epic fantasy. those footmen did look out of place against Nagash and Glotkin.
At least as much as they do against Sigmarites with a decent color scheme, Fyreslayers, etc.

>the AoS setting is incredibly contrived.
it's not, because you're using the wrong words to critique it.
It was poorly thought out at first, and rushed.
There is a definite scene of playing pickup with the setting, but as they've moved forward it's fiting together as an epic high powered fantasy.
>>
>>50501889
and you think shitposting on this chinese message board will somehow accomplish this goal?

youre actually pathetic
>>
>>50502305
You can still play tomb kings. Theyre actually top tier in AOS

I'm laughing at the irony of you saying you hate GW but that you also want them to bring back tomb kings so you can buy more models.
>>
>>50502339
>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill

good job protecting that frail ego
>>
>>50502360
Best post in this thread
>>
>>50502388
You dont have to support trump to laugh at the moron liberals that are doubling down on calling everyone racist sexist bigots
>>
>>50502520
My 2000 point tomb king list is around 20 models and my 2000 pt ogre list is 11 models. Both are really fun

Fuck off moron
>>
File: bone zone.png (21KB, 595x360px) Image search: [Google]
bone zone.png
21KB, 595x360px
>>50502828
A big part of the game is finding unit synergies, like a trading card game - you bring units that become more than the sum of their individual parts.

For example you can make a group of skeletons do 242 unsaved wounds with the right buffs, it is really satisfying to pull it off.
>>
>>50503283
My LGS got people into AOS by hosting a Start Collecting tournament, and eventually moved into 1000 pt game tournaments and then 2000pt game tournaments.
>>
>>50495383

They were releasing an army or 2 a year compared to 40k releasing one every 6 days. Not sure it was dying more than it was killed off.
>>
>>50505137
>it's not, because you're using the wrong words to critique it.

It's exactly the right word.

Why are there Witch Elves still in the game when Naggaroth is gone? Oh, lemme just CONTRIVE something up to explain that about cults in Sigmarland, despite them clashing horribly with the Sigmarine aesthetic and not fitting the new lore at all. Why are there lizardmen that are exactly what they were before? Oh, you know, because... uh... the Slann have like memories of them... and they make new ones out of light... and stuff?

This kind of shit is precisely what the word 'contrived' means. Contrived LITERALLY is the word for situations like this.

I really do wish GW had the balls to go deep and redesign everything. Then we'd have a game that feels consistent, like it's all set in the same narrative and the same world, rather than a weird mishmash of genres and tones that spangles all over the place in its spastic attempts to sell old models.
>>
>>50505137
>Fyreslayers

Everything looks out of place next to them, because they hail from the dimension of extremely poor sculpts.
>>
>>50495177
The rule changes are okay. Lore changes are unacceptable.
>>
>>50505928
No it's not.
Witch elves are just in the collection of old models getting updated rules.
That not a contrived part if the setting, it's not even the setting.
They just gave them rules, like back when lizardmen were still lizardmen.

The seraphon explanation fits. They were always based on the Slaan who were always super wizards with super brains.

They fit the new tone fine, and they dropped the parts that didn't fit the new tone.
>>
>>50505928
give it time

at one point WFB lore was really rough and contrived too

>why is everything british punk af
>why are there evil stripper elves
>why is there a faction based on Arthurian legends?
>>
>>50506461
>give it time
1,5 years wasn't enough?
>>why is everything british punk af
>Old World
>british punk
>>why is there a faction based on Arthurian legends?
Because writers have some taste to show society based on Arthurian Legends yet still have totally feudal system.
Still better source than WoW without anything cool and interesting
>>
>>50506684
Did you actually pay attention to the changes in that year and a half?
The developments in the setting at much more cohesive than what started.
>>
>>50506684
>WoW is based of Warhammer
>With some standard high fantasy stuff added
>AoS has stuff from Warhammer and standard high fantasy elements.
Clearly stealing directly from WoW.
No other possible explanation.
>>
>>50506760
It's still empty sandbox with Space Marines.
>>50506785
>>WoW is based of Warhammer
Source?
>>AoS has stuff from Warhammer
You mean few character's names who now generic superheroes?
>Clearly stealing directly from WoW.
And from DnD.
>>
>>50506862
Where's your source for warhammer being based on WoW
>>
>>50506862
Orcs vs humans was originally going to be a Warhammer title. Hence the stupid orcs, which they moved away from, but look AoS maintained from Warhammer fantasy

>End
So also standard fantasy.
Warhammer and now AoS use a lot of standard fantasy concepts.
This is not plagerizing other works to still include the same standard fantasy ideas they have all always used.

What are you going to say was stolen from WoW.
Big pauldrons? Multiple flavors of elves? Dwarves with canons?
>>
>>50506930
Meant dnd. Stupid autocorrect
>>
this is the most autistic thread, on this most autistic chinese dog eating bazaar
>>
>>50506889
>Where's your source for warhammer being based on WoW
Uruk's megaboss wear Gorehowl.
Gold and Blue are Alliance colors.
New Nagash models totally Kel'Thuzad with legs.
Realm Gates are totally Dark Portal rip-off.
>>50506930
>Orcs vs humans was originally going to be a Warhammer title.
Source?
>Warhammer and now AoS use a lot of standard fantasy concepts.
Remind me please, how many "standart fantasy" use Morrcock elves instead of Tolkien and how many settings have pseudohistorical humans in 80's?
>they have all always used.
Sorry, but I cannot remember Blood Angels in WHFB.
>>
>>50507178
>Blue and gold are alliance colors
They're also the colors of University of Michigan.
So now clearly they are stealing from college football
>>
>>50505657
the problem with this that it limits army building when some units suck ass unless you also take the 2-3 other units that synergy with them
>>
>>50505657
>Warhammer
>synergies
>>
>>50505657
>like a trading card game
Why is every game going this direction these days? What happened to traditional unit vs. unit battles rather than wombo combos? This is the shit that keeps me away from Warmachine and its ilk, which AoS now belongs to.
>>
>>50506930
>Dwarves with canons?
Dwarves with riffled artillery, steam power armor, while other races still fights with swords and bows.
>>
>>50505709

That's not a bad idea. Too bad everyone here is on the AoS hate wagon because they only hear about it from people who never play.
>>
>>50508807
>That's not a bad idea
>playing less than 500 points
>>
>>50509034
>Luring people in with a cheap box
>then they buy more
>>
>>50509060
>Start Collecting
>cheap
>>
>>50497598
Protectors make me jizz, those SPEARS.
>>
Anny info of new Darkroot Wargrove?
Rules?
>>
>>50509130

If you don't think any of the start collecting box are a cheap way to get right in to a hobby, you need to look around mate.
One box with enough content to keep you occupied for at least a month worth of building and painting. And enough contents that holds the test of time, and will reward you with a lifetime of play-time.

Now, take the sum of $85, and divide that with the regular life spawn of your average human, take away the first 12-14 years of age since you don't start a hobby as a new born. Thats about $1 a year. Is that too pricey for you? Well, I got some good news for you kid, you can even give this hobby to your own child, so that he too can enjoy a entire lifetime with this box, granted he takes just as good care of it as you did.

See, your argument about price falls flat, unless your one of those bloated neckbeards that wants new toys every month, and cant make up your mind on what team you should play (also the dude that always shows up with hardly assembled models, and no painting, just to play proxy an entire evening). Start seeing your purchases as an investment, and you might stop whining.
>>
>>50506321
>The seraphon explanation fits
it doesn't
a wizard did it is barely an explanation
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.