[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"GM why are we being attacked by evil gargoyles in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: disgust.jpg (12KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
12KB, 250x236px
>"GM why are we being attacked by evil gargoyles in a LG city?"
>Deep down I want to say "Read the lore."
>"GM why does everyone hate this cute girl?"
>Deep down I want to say "Read the lore."
>"GM why are plasma weapons illegal in warfare?"
>Deep down I want to say "Read. The. Lore."
>"GM what evidence is there the moon landing was faked in your setti-"
>Deep down I want to scream "READ THE LORE."
>"GM how can this guy identify the owner of a blood splatter from a glance?"
>At this point I'm throttling the faggot while screaming "READ THE FUCKING LORE!!"

I'll admit I have a good bit of lore to my settings, but I give it out in doses when the details are relevant so they don't get overwhelmed. Yet I've always got one or two players who don't read it and they think that I'm just pulling random crap out of my ass when it's an established fact and has been for weeks or even months. It's rarely more than 200-300 words in summary (though going into extreme detail is when it gets retarded) but this is a major part of the reason I quit running games. Why bother giving you a setting if you just want to kill shit? Go play WOW if you want to play something where you can ignore the lore.

/rant
>>
>>50493958
Just make it a rule in the beginning of a game that players don't HAVE to read the lore, but if they ask stupid questions that have a clear cut answer in the lore you have provided, then their character takes a penalty.

Don't make it an absurd penalty, though.
>>
>>50493958
>Some lore setting up the world in such a way the players can get into the game as if their characters always grew up in that world
This is fine.
>Having to read an entire encyclopedia to get into the world
This is not fine.
>>
So you're turning this into copy pasta because the arguments were so severe last time, huh?

I guess this is what counts as /tg/ creativity now.
>>
>>50493958
>copypasting
>>
File: wait.jpg (17KB, 253x165px) Image search: [Google]
wait.jpg
17KB, 253x165px
Please don't do this.
>>
>>50493958
>reposting this thread
>>
>>50494038
>Having to read an entire encyclopedia to get into the world

>It's rarely more than 200-300 words in summary

Fucking hell, millennials are worse than ever

You're projecting hard
>>
>>50494435
OP specifically said his players weren't reading short lore blurbs.
>>
>>50493958
We already had this thread, and it was shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.