[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That GM thread? That GM thread! >Finally, after many, many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: rageface.jpg (129KB, 1600x1071px) Image search: [Google]
rageface.jpg
129KB, 1600x1071px
That GM thread? That GM thread!

>Finally, after many, many adventures, manage to corner the BBEG on a battlefield, where he still probably has an advantage over us in terms of external resources, but nothing like trying to pry him out of his home base.
>We're pretty powerful at this point, and as befits the Big Villain, so is he, and lots of people are scrambling out of the way to let the big guys throw down.
>Try to taunt him, do a bit of a psy-op, lead him down the path of some of the actions of his we know about, how he's become a much worse despot than those he was trying to overthrow.
>GM announces that he turns red in the face, screams at us to shut the hell up, and starts tossing off kill spells at a ferocious rate.

What the fuck was the point of letting us go through all that backstory if it turns out to be fuck useless to us and has him shooting off at top speed right off the bat?
>>
File: GM.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GM.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>A guy I kinda don't get along with invited me, our mutual friend, and this grill from his class to play Pathfinder with him
>Mutual friend drops out last minute
>Grill turns out to be a 8/10 fit blonde
>Was expecting 4/10 hastings jacket
>Just me, grill, and mister sensitive
>Two hours in me and grill are visibly having a blast and we're getting pretty buddy buddy irl
>He's becoming super petty and keeps telling us to "pay attention" and "stop flirting"
>Third hour in he informs me that a random bum is trying to beat me up while I use the restroom as a tavern
>Roll a reflex
>I rolled an 18
>The bum knocks you out in the bathroom stall and dumps your head in the toilet hehehe
>Haha ok buddy sure thing
>Random bullshit like that happens for the next 2 hours
>Me and grill go see a movie
>Petty acquaintance continues to fuck me in game if I'm a player or derail if I'm GM

I just don't play with him anymore, but he's a pretty shitty GM too.
>>
>>50492395
>Taunt enemy
>Enemy gets angry
>Bad DMing
>>
>>50492655
>I use the restroom as a tavern
If you walked into my establishment and tried to start a competing business in my very own washrooms then i'd want you out of there as well.
>>
>>50492395
I don't understand what the problem is. The NPC seems to have reacted in a believable way. Was the goal to draw him out of his stronghold with taunts, and it didn't work, making knowledge of his deeds seem "worthless"?
>>
I literally don't see anything wrong with OP's GM

I half suspect that OP is actually the GM and is blowing off steam by getting /tg/ to defend him
>>
>>50492745
The restroom was in a library, doofus
>>
>>50492780
Well then why would i want a bunch of noisy drunks in my liberry? You go there to read, not for mead.
>>
>>50492792
Libraries have long ago resigned themselves to the fact that 90% of their visitors are hobos using their bathrooms for all manner of sinister purposes
>>
>>50492655
Best possible end.
>>
File: OPstudy.jpg (61KB, 685x474px) Image search: [Google]
OPstudy.jpg
61KB, 685x474px
>>50492395
I thread died for this you scum
>>
File: 1480392456395.jpg (32KB, 729x522px) Image search: [Google]
1480392456395.jpg
32KB, 729x522px
>fighting a really cool, extremely challenging boss that has appeares several times
>beat him
>as in, one of the PCs deals last bit of damage, reducing boss to 0 hp
>cut scene mode
>one of the fucking NPCs is the one who "actually" does the damage that makes the boss flee
>mfw

I got over it, and it was the best campaign I've been in. For a long while I was ridiculously salty, though
>>
>>50492706
Ikr what were they expecting?
They should wait his little temper tantrum out and then cream him when he's low on slots.
>>
>>50493080
Why would a GM ever do that.
>>
>>50495565
Guess he just wanted a participation trophy kind of game...
>>
>>50495577
Fear of a Player killing a Cool, entertaining returning enemy.
>>
>>50492706
>>50492753
>>50495565

I'm not sure, but I *think* we have a munchkin on our hands who wanted to have some sort of mechanical benefit to spending all that time uncovering backstory, and was disappointed when there was only some RP difference.
>>
>>50497237
But... he GOT a mechanical bonus. The boss is acting angrily and wasting slots, the just have to hold with counterspells, dispells etc and then send in the fighter with a dragon dildo the size of his arm to annihilate his boipussy.
I'd be so confused if I were the GM here: I'm telling them they're succeeding and they go all grumpy wtf
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.