[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I wanted to run a game based on this, theoretically, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

If I wanted to run a game based on this, theoretically, what would be the best system currently around?
>>
File: mmbn rpg.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
mmbn rpg.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50482407
GURPS
Strike!
FATAL
D&D Fourth Edition
WHFB Second Edition Beastman Handbook
StarFinder
Car Lesbians
>>
>>50482407
Why you gotta pick the worst one OP
>>
>>50482597
Hey, Megaman EXE may have been cheesy as hell and a little bit underwhelming compared to his robot assassin brothers, but the battle network games were fun as fuck. Don't you talk shit about them.
>>
>>50482626

Battle Network 4 was so bad, though.

Especially considering how good Battle Network 3 was.
>>
>>50482655
>>50482597
I just picked an image, I was more familiar with 3 than any other, but the cover was arguably less 'interesting'.
>>50482500
Oh shit, yeah, I'll give this a look.
>>
>>50482655
>>50482626
Yeah, I gotta agree with this anon.

Order of Quality is something like
6, 3, 5, 2, 1, 4

Star Force was never as good, but Black Ace/Red Joker was probably the best one, as it brought back something resembling the style changes of BN3.
>>
>>50482718
Actually, sorry, no, 3 was definitely better than 6, my bad, just for the sheer amount of AfterGame story.
>>
File: mmbn web brew.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
mmbn web brew.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50482655
MMBN4 was the reason I stopped playing the games, I did give 5 a try after a year though.
>>50482679
I have a couple other ones, but they are all super incomplete.
The only other one that actually looks good, and is complete, is hidden somewhere in my folder of many PDFs
>>
File: indexcards.jpg (83KB, 1500x1012px) Image search: [Google]
indexcards.jpg
83KB, 1500x1012px
1,000 Blank White Chips.
>>
>>50482626
Hurr MMBN was my favorite game growing up and probably why I became a software engineer. I mean why you gotta pick the worst BN game.
>>
>>50482815
Oh, I thought you were talking about Megaman EXE and his games in general. Nevermind then, I'm really not in much of a position to argue about specific games.

I mean I had both BN3 and BN4 as a kid, but i was a fuckin braindead little shit who was terrible at games as a kid, so they kinda blended together in my mind.
>>
File: bnandsf.jpg (185KB, 720x736px) Image search: [Google]
bnandsf.jpg
185KB, 720x736px
huh, I was considering asking this recently myself, namely the optimal way to run a game with the BN feel to it, and I remember some were like
"you have two characters one net op and one navi" or
"one's a net op and the other is the navi" or even some really convoluted ones like
"everyone is a net op and also someone else's navi" and then just
"you're all navis and GM is net op" and so on and so on.

I really hope someone has a good idea for how to make it work but keep that kinda dynamic that navis and operators have.

also potentially an adaption for Star Force rules.
>>
>>50482407
The Combat system doesn't lend itself to rpgs.
>>
File: 1404357308497.png (132KB, 208x239px) Image search: [Google]
1404357308497.png
132KB, 208x239px
I tried making a wholesom MMBN system but I quitted because my group had no interest and i have no experience making RPGs
>>
>>50483116
You could always just be solo Navis, too.
>>
>>50483129
yeah you could probably get close to emulating a battlechip folder by taking the D&D cleric approach where you have a lot of oneshot chips and then you have your common chips that your folder is packed with.

Alternatively one could take an ammo pool approach to it like network transmission where you have a set number of times you can use a chip per battle.
>>
>>50483154
yeah especially if you used those copybots from battle network 6 to let them do their real world stuff; make the party a group of investigators or police or something and have them use both the net and the copybots to investigate and gather intel and such.
>>
Strike!

It's incredibly fitting. I wanted to run a game set in MMBN in Strike! already.
>>
3>6>2>>5>>>1>>>4
>>
File: chibi_burnerman_by_mana_exe.jpg (166KB, 491x476px) Image search: [Google]
chibi_burnerman_by_mana_exe.jpg
166KB, 491x476px
>>50484221
4 may have sucked, but it had my favorite Navi
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.