[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It doesn't make any sense, /tg/. If Khorvaire is around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (709KB, 1500x1154px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
709KB, 1500x1154px
It doesn't make any sense, /tg/. If Khorvaire is around the size of Australia, and assuming the map is to scale, how is Eberron physically capable of supporting twelve moons? Zarantyr is way larger than Luna.
>>
>>50476077
Aside from 'the setting has literal magic, both arcane and divine'?
>>
>>50476187
>it's magic
Fuck that noise
>>
>>50476077
Magic.
>>
>>50476244
No man, seriously, isn't the entire Eberron setting formed from the bodies of dragon gods or some shit?

That is creation myth levels of non-science. We're talking a dead giant forming all land on the planet sort of shit.
>>
>>50476077
Magic.
>>
>>50476077
Well, the moons while physical objects are also tied to Eberron's localized Planar structure what differs greatly from the standard great wheel.

Also we know nothing of the mass of the moons and I dare say don't trust the sworn word of House Sivis, they control information on a grand scale.

Whose to say what they present isn't only the truth they wish known? Who knows what distant secrets the world yet holds.
>>
>>50476077
You heard of this thing called density? With higher density more mass can be contained in less space.
>>
>>50476726
I'm pretty sure mass and density have no effect on gravitational pull
>>
>>50476688
>>50476077

And lets further expound on things. One of the moon's is destroyed. From the Age of Giants and their conflict with the turning of the age in Dal Quor and the rise of the dreaming dark.

This act possibly creating the ring of siberys from which that named variety of dragonshards do fall. Does this tie those dragonshards to the plane of dreams? Who knows...but perhaps it is in the supernatural composition of the moon and the planet below that we must consider.

the realms of Khyber may well be a plane unto themselves, immeasurable beneath the surface of Eberron. Physical space twisted by the fiends bound there as well as the creatures of madness to whom our concepts of space are ultimately alien.

Perhaps that's it. The moons function as a resonance between their dragonshard composition and that of the planet below.

So yeah, it is damn well magic. Very specific magic that hasn't yet been measured or quantified by the scholars of their world and probably with answers that will vex their brightest minds for more than a century to come even by means of artifice and divination.
>>
>>50476826
Holy fuck you dipshit, mass is literally one of the variables in gravitational equations
>>
File: rufucknserious.jpg (4KB, 187x191px) Image search: [Google]
rufucknserious.jpg
4KB, 187x191px
>>50476826

>I'm pretty sure mass and density have no effect on gravitational pull
>>
>>50476077
D&D runs on Spelljammer space physic, not real life physics.
>>
>>50476077
It's not like Earth-sized planet would be able to hold onto twelve moons either. Moon orbits need to be at least certain distance from each other, or they'll disturb the orbits of each other. Gravity well needs a certain strength so that furthest moons are not nudged away by that of sun or other planets.
>>
File: This.jpg (20KB, 385x196px) Image search: [Google]
This.jpg
20KB, 385x196px
>>50477062
>>
>>50476323
Not to mention that the moons are actually representative of the borders between planes, waxing and waning as the planes draw near and creating soft spots on Eberron.
>>
Eberron lore thread?
>>
>>50477886
Eberron General When? If FR gets one, we should have one too. Especially since we're the one setting where elves were cool, orcs were good, Drow were playable, and Halfling Barbarians rode Dinosaurs into combat.
>>
>>50476077
I don't know shit about the setting, but do they give any clues on how far away the moons are?
If there's no massive nearby planets, it's not impossible for a rocky planet to have a very large moon system.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.