[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /tg/. I posted two or three weeks ago the first version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hexdraft.png (79KB, 466x546px) Image search: [Google]
hexdraft.png
79KB, 466x546px
Sup /tg/.
I posted two or three weeks ago the first version fo HexDraft, my web-based alternative to Hexographer.

http://hexdraft.x10host.com/

I took into account what some of you said. So now we got :
-Color picker
-Fill color option
-Roll20 compatible size option for the hexs (need to be tested but it should be okay)
-Quick save as PNG/JPEG buttons

What do you think of it so far? Any ideas of things I could improve/add? I'm also still looking for an icon pack more fitting than the current one.

Thanks for your return.
>>
File: MS1uT[1].jpg (13KB, 174x200px) Image search: [Google]
MS1uT[1].jpg
13KB, 174x200px
>>50475048
Sorta neat. An option for horizontal hexes would be nice (pic related). I'm assuming you're putting in a line tool at some point?
>>
As someone who is planning a big hexcrawl for a GURPS game, this is pretty fun to use so far. It would be nice if you could use photos to fill in hexes in case someone has a nicer tileset or icons that they want to use. Also something to change the orientation of the hexes so the point bits can face up would be a nicer option as well like what >>50475346 said.
>>
>>50475346
I'll look into it. The line tool is planned yes.

>>50475384
The photo part should be doable. I need to do a bit of research.
>>
>>50475048

This is badass as fuck. Hell yeah.
>>
You may want to post this in the OSR threads if you haven't already, as this is pretty relevant to their interests
>>
Actual terrains on the tiles would be really good - as well, the ability to annotate the map and in particular specific icons and tiles with text of varying sizes and fonts would be great.
>>
>>50477435
>Actual terrains on the tiles would be really good
I agree with this sentiment. IE a tile with a forest looking pattern, a mountain looking pattern, a road looking pattern, and the like.
>>
The ability to upload your own set of icons would be good. Just upload an image file and specify a tile size. The app could then cut the image into tiles which can then be used as icons.
>>
I love you even more.
>>
OP here I'll note everything everyone said.
I'm slow af though, so the next version may need some time. My priority will be horizontal hexes, as it will be easier to implement early on.

The only thing I'm not so sure is the text annotation, as I assumed people could do that on their own.

I'll also post in the OSR thread as suggested.

Thanks everyone.
>>
Please add a brush tool OP. Like you hold down the mouse and it draws the color on all the hexes you pass over. Clicking on each hex individually is pain.

Thanks for building this.
>>
>>50475346
Horizontal hexes are haram
>>
I'm accustomed to numbered hexes in the 0000 format.

ie, 1,1 would instead be 0101.

Both are useable, but the 0000 format IMO works better for larger maps.

Also agree with this >>50477435

I could do without the text, but terrain symbols would be cool--just translucent stamps. I really like how clean and simple it is!

Thank you for sharing this. Is there any chance you'd release a desktop version?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.