[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm totally fed up with complex systems that try to go for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: A4HexLandscape.jpg (208KB, 1086x767px) Image search: [Google]
A4HexLandscape.jpg
208KB, 1086x767px
I'm totally fed up with complex systems that try to go for maximum realism through a ton of rules or systems that place a lot of weight on gamey aspects (such as complex character builds and the like, generally just mechanical, metagamey stuff). At the same time, I'm also tired of abstract, narrative systems that try to go for very quick general-purpose conflict resolution or abstract "challenges" or stuff like that.

I guess I want something concrete, a system that still makes you feel like it's modeling actual actions and interactions (hopefully with beliveable results) without complicating it with countless rules or gamey bits. That all can be fun, but I'm busy nowadays and I don't have as much time to game or as much time to plan for games.

What's your simple, punchy, effective and concrete system of choice, /tg/? For when you just want game to happen without bothering with too many mechanical bits for it?
>>
>>50474111
The closest I can think of is Savage Worlds, which isn't exactly a system I enjoy. There's also some of the game-y elements that you might be looking to avoid.

There's Feng Shui 2e, but that might be too far on the abstract side.

I'd start by checking out those two, and then if the thread's still up, maybe someone else has a better idea.
>>
>>50474111
Cyberpunk 2020. No narrativist bullshit, medium crunch, null perspiration.
>>
>>50474111
I really like The Riddle of Steel.

-No Mapping
-There are a lot of options for combat maneuvers, but a simple swing can do just as much damage if it gets through.
-The options are very intuitive.
-Combat is really fast until someone lands a solid hit.
-After someone lands a solid hit it's probably over. The wound table is pretty realistic.

If I could use a system like this for every genre I would.
>>
>>50474111
Ironclaw Omnibus edition?

I keep seeing it recommended on /tg/ as an "efficient" system in terms of crunch/reward, with a particularly good combat system.
>>
>>50474111
White's wolves story teller systerm always stuck as having the right level of rule complexity. Shame it's a fuck mess.

Other then that I would say basic role play.
>>
>>50474111
Just play GURPS.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.