[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a self-aware talking animal still an "animal"? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: rocketR.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rocketR.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
Is a self-aware talking animal still an "animal"? What defines an animal in any setting?
>>
>>50469858
>What defines an animal in any setting?
Intelligence score of 0 or 1.
>>
>>50469858
Technically, yes it's still an animal, just like humans are technically animals.
In a setting where sapient beings have some kind of unique soul that base animals do not, then whether or not the raised animal is a person or beast would depend on if it has such a soul.
Otherwise it's pretty much dependant on whatever the in-game characters' opinions are.
>>
>>50469858
Not being able to keep hand in the box.
>>
>>50469858
By the ability for me to kill, skin and cook it before consumption without the slightest pang of guilt.
>>
>>50469858
Humans are animals too, so I don't see why a talking rodent should escape that category.
>>
>>50469858
Yes it's still an animal. Kingdom Animalia.
>>
>>50469923
This. You're an animal. You're a primate with obligate bipedal anatomy, and with behavioural drives geared to complex social interaction.
>>
>>50470043
Raccoons are procyonids.

How the fuck do you call an animal without the characteristic encisors of a rodent a rodent? Fucking seriously. Go outside.
>>
>>50469899
>Intelligence score of 0
Wouldn't that be dead?
Also what does that make all the shit with 2 or 3 int? Like most animals.
>>
>>50473101
In 3.PF animals are INT 1-2. 1 is for "dumb" animals - slow, complacent herbivores, reptiles, chickens. 2 is for dogs, horses, Corvid birds, things considered to be "smart" animals.
>>
>>50473091
By "that category", I meant to refer to the category 'animals'. My bad anon.
>>
>>50469858
Multicellular, mobile, and lacking both cell walls and chloroplasts.
>>
>>50473143
>Corvid birds
>tool usage
>language
>complex/multi-step problem solving
>recognition of faces
>recognition of self
>only 2 fukkin int
Fuck paizo.
>>
>>50473373
At 3 int, the bird can read.
>>
>>50473373
Bitch, don't be pedantic. If I knew enough to call them by taxon, I knew what they were capable of.
>>
>>50473481
Then the bird should fukkin read. Even if it can't and I'd believe crows could learn to read then paizo should make their system not shit and have fully sapient creatures thrown in with a bunch of other dumb animals like horses and not make 3 int b able to read.
>>50473520
You entirely miss the point of the post which is weird since its clearly stated in the only non-greentext part of the post.
>>
File: i guess.png (46KB, 1200x1314px) Image search: [Google]
i guess.png
46KB, 1200x1314px
>>50473570
*This* is what made you realize PF was shit?
>>
>>50469858
We're all animals, you fucking twat.
>>
>>50473646
No but one more thing to add to the pile.
>>
>>50473373
>tool usage

Not just tool use. Second order tool use. The New Caledonian Crow will make a tool whose only purpose is to make another tool. That's serious abstract thought that's beyond most primates.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.