[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yo /tg/ any suggestions on (good) systems that involve a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: DnD4E_Deities.jpg (169KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DnD4E_Deities.jpg
169KB, 1000x1000px
yo /tg/ any suggestions on (good) systems that involve a lot of religious/pantheon shenanigans? I hear a lot of people's homebrew involve the gods living and dying based on their followings, are there any systems that have similar mechanics?
>>
>>50457277
Have them always trying to impregnate their mortal followers.

Powers only every granted on offering of reproductive services.
>>
You could play Fate except change the attributes to things gods care about: power, followers, health, strength, magic, whatever.

I think once you did that, you'd have the game more or less sorted.
>>
>>50457277
black crusade maybe?
>>
>be Priest
>discover artifact of [God]
>it is a sentient magic item
>begin speaking to it
>it's actually an aspect of [God]
>PC: "Wowie! I'm a huge worshipper of yours!"
>[God]: "The fuck? People worship me?"
>PC: "Yeah! You grant us all sorts of divine powers!"
>[God]: "Uh... no I don't."
>PC: "..."
>>
>>50457277

Palladium, being a kitchen sink, has a sourcebook called Pantheons of the Megaverse. It includes such gems as regular plain 'ol Zeus, an alien intelligence masquerading as evil Mirror Universe goatee Zeus, a dragon pretending he's regular Zeus, and Hermes on a future rice rocket a la Akira. Designed for shenanigans aplenty.
>>
>>50457767
"Wellll you do now.
And you're MY cute little deity.
Yes you are."

Yandere followers, constantly trying to get more pieces of their beloved. Isis-Osiris precedent, too.
>>
>>50457814
something similar may happen in a campaign I'm playing a few sessions of. found a bloodstone @ lvl 3 thats a part of a turbo liche thats kind of a god (i think) i'm probably misremembering. it seems a possible hook if the party decides to bite.
>>
>>50457664
never played but heard good things.
>>
>>50457640
FATE is meh, though you are on the right track; generic abstract rules-light games would be great for this sort of game, and there are a good number of those systems out there.

I have a stiffy for refluffing Don't Rest Your Head, so I'm suggesting that as well; it's not a generic system, but it's very rules light and easy to refluff -- as long as there's a risk of "diving to deep" in to your chosen resource, DRYH works.

Just off the top of my head, trade out Discipline for Faith, Exhaustion for Champions, Madness for Might, and Fight/Flight for Smite/Curse.
-A god draws on the Faith of their followers to perform most of their actions. Faith powers most of the gods' miracles.
-A god can chose or create Champions/Avatars/Saints/whatever title is most setting-appropriate for a mortal manifestation of a god's will on Earth. These Champions spread the word of the god or perform miracles in their name (representing the extra dice rolled). However, too many Champions, or a Champion with too many direct followers, risks a schism in the religion (having too many Champion dice leads to the god being taken out, possibly permanently, as differences of dogma and strife occupy their followers).
-Lastly, a god can call upon raw divine Might to accomplish deeds grand by even the gods' standards. Forcing the universe to twist to the god's desires, however, has a tendency to produce cruel and tyrannical gods that smite and curse their followers indiscriminately for the most minor of sins (having Might dominate ticks off a Smite/Curse response). If this continues for too long, the god will lose followers and must rely on Might more and more (tick off all the responses and you lose a die of Faith and gain a permanent die of Might). Gods with no followers of Faith are forgotten Old Gods, beings of incredible Might but disconnected from the mortal realm and mad by most standards (if you lose all Faith dice, you're out. You've lost all control and are now a monstrous NPC).
>>
>>50457277
>the gods living and dying based on their followings
This is terrible and you shouldn't do it.
Gods aren't like football teams. You don't just pick one to root for while acknowledging that all the others exist. Religions IRL tend to make factual claims about the nature and origin of the world and humanity that obviously contradict each other.
If the pantheon is clearly defined by a single source and the only conflict is moral, it would be foolish to only worship one god. You would occasionally make offerings to the harvest god, the ocean god, the fertility god, and any other god who might affect you today.
>>
>>50459732
perhaps not, one way to interpret Moses vurses the Egyptian priests is that both gods are real and intervened but Yaweh was better.
though not dependant on worship you still have a scenario with competing gods.
>>
>>50459732
Anon, Google "henotheism" real quick.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.