[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I am about to wrap up my year long DnD campaign in 2 sessions.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

So I am about to wrap up my year long DnD campaign in 2 sessions.

What are some good tropes to play on? Nice twists or even open endings. That sort of thing.

tl;dr how would you end a DnD campaign?
>>
>>50449889
Anon.
You DMed a campaign for two years and don't have any plot thread to finish on? Not a ingle unresolved hook? No overarching BBEG?

What the everloving fuck were you doing all this time?
>>
>>50449889
It might be a bit late to reveal a big twist. Good luck. Look back to what the players have accomplished / failed to accomplish. Try to draw lines back to as many of their actions as possible.
>>
>>50449915
Well to be honest, I just got a new job, so I cant run anymore, had at least 6 more months of plot to progress through.

Just trying to end it the best I can at this point.
>>
>>50449936
If you would be able to run it in the future make the last session a BIG TWEEST you were planning.

Then after new job settles and you figure out new schedule, do a time skip and begin a new campaign in that setting.
>>
File: A better DM than you.jpg (267KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
A better DM than you.jpg
267KB, 800x600px
>>50449889
>>
>>50449889
I ended my campaign with the BBEG being defeated and captured, but the wake of rebuilding to be carried out and a quite a few things left to be done that the players could imagine their characters looking forward to.

Additionally, short term epilogues are pretty fun. Just talk that over with your players to see if that sounds ok with them.
>>
>>50449984
This would be a good idea, but i'm kinda burnt out from running, so I want someone else to step up.

All this running DnD and i've never played it.

I just want to make it memorable.
>>
>>50449889
>how would you end a DnD campaign?
With an apology.
>>
Do the characters have goals? Have they reached any?
>>
File: 1404004679202.png (300KB, 588x819px) Image search: [Google]
1404004679202.png
300KB, 588x819px
>>50449889
The entire campaign was just a dream. The campaign ends with one of your unimportant NPCs waking up and realizes that none of it ever happened.
>>
>>50452322
I hear GMs who do that see Hastur flashing before their eyes and disappear forever.
>>
Tell me... I mean, us, about the campaign you've ran so that we can be more specific and make better suggestions
>>
>>50450194
Us fa/tg/uys amirite?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.