[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I find an RPG with good rules for gunplay. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Dog vest gun.jpg (830KB, 1793x2241px) Image search: [Google]
Dog vest gun.jpg
830KB, 1793x2241px
Where can I find an RPG with good rules for gunplay. I'm not after anything with an autistic ruleset or something hyper realistic, but mechanical differences between guns and PCs being threatened by firearms would be nice.

What systems can you suggest? What do you like about said systems?
>>
>>50449678
what kind of genre do you want?
there's guns in many games and settings
>>
>>50449678
Savage Worlds?
>>
Whitewolf old WoD system is pretty solid.
Hunters Hunted and Project Twilight are decent splats to reference.
I remember they did a splatbook for homebrewing fantasy and other niche areas as well with their system.
>>
File: Far cry 4.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Far cry 4.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>50449698
>what genre
no lie I'm really inspired by pic related atm. I was hoping for something adventurous and fun, but where guns could still fuck you up if you don't take cover.

>>50449705
Maybe. How exactly does the combat work in Savage Worlds?

>>50449787
old WoD isn't half bad, good point. I may look that up in a bit
>>
>>50450091
I'd use savage worlds for that.
Different weapons have different reach and do different damage, shotguns are hella op, if you want to have a balanced game dont use the +2 bonus.
initiative works by drawing cards, highest card goes first, you can have qualities that let you draw two cards and discard the worse.
combat works by rolling your shooting skill and hitting by rolling over 4 (usually), afterwards you roll the damage of your weapon and check it with the targets toughness, if it's higher the target is shaken and loses an action,for each 4 points over its toughness it gains a wound and suffers - 1 (wich isn't as low as you'd think). after three wounds most npcs die, players and important npcs can roll to survive a bit longer.

das basically it
>>
>>50450629
Thanks my nig.
>>
>>50452047
To give an example; in my game my players were rolling for one of their allies. I only gave the character a d6 in shooting. One shotted a toughness 14 monster because of good rolls and burst fire.
>>
>>50452107
yeah, in one of my games we killed a hellhound by kicking in its nuts
>>
>>50450629
I'd use Savage Armory for weapon creation and ignore the weapons in the core book entirely.
>>
>>50450091
>I'm really inspired by pic related atm.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had dog boys and so does Rifts. The original (non-mega-damage) TMNT rules are pretty good for firearms, with different damage types, autofire rules, and a complete compendium of guns (now somewhat outdated, it was mostly 70s/80s stuff).
>>
>>50450629
that seems pretty neat
>>
>>50449678
Cyberpunk 2020 has very decent gunplay without being autistic. Guns have different stats allowing for great variety.

Twilight 2000 has ok combat. It's strong point is a seamless combat system for gun and heavy weapon combat. Weapons range from pistols to artillery, automatic grenade launchers and mines.
>>
>>50449678
Ops & Tactics was made literally just for this
>>
>>50454813
>>50449678
Seconded
>>
>>50454813
A game focused around optimizing weapon stats is autistic as shit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.