[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't you think this board could use a general that is containing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

File: ISS2007-front-cover.jpg (577KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
ISS2007-front-cover.jpg
577KB, 700x900px
Don't you think this board could use a general that is containing all those lesser known, relatively new, niche ttrpgs that can't really sustain their own threads usually?
Not just "indie" ones, or at least ones that are usually labelled as such, just ones that don't get that much attention. Some might be talked about sometimes, like Burning Wheel, The One Ring or Barbarians of Lemuria, others almost unknown, but all far below the attention systems like Shadowrun, WoD, wh40krpg, Star Wars
I'm mostly interested in purpose-crafted games which quality assesment isn't tainted by brand recognizability myself. I like to learn moar about such games. I found quite a few of them thanks to /tg/ and I think they deserve a thread of their own. To explore and discover new brilliant games and talk about them.

To start this post few of such systems, ones you know and like, with a short description.

My current favourites are
>The One Ring
Tolkien: Te RPG, modern edition. Personal favourite of me
>Heroquest: Glorantha
Narrativist game in classic, tad forgotten but recently ressurging setting of Bronze-Age mythic fantasy, pic rel
>>
They won't get more attention if they are contained in one thread the whole time.
>>
>>50449585
Glorantha is an awesome setting

HeroQuest is shit. Utter, utter, shit. RuneQuest forever!
>>
>>50449972
Didn't play it yet (too busy with TOR) and I don't think I'll play it anytime soon (players around are lazy cunts that won't read the fucking rulebook, ever, just have to have everything explained by the GM, and HeroQuest isn't a game that would work with players relying only on DM to handle mechanics) but I kind of like how it's mechanics are designed towards story crafting, while using simple, standard dice and not that much meta, as opposed to FATE. I like RQ too, though. But for some reason I'd rather play it as an universal system and handle Glorantha with HQ. I don't even know why, I just feel that way.
>>
Why do I hear so much praise for Burning Wheel? Give me the lowdown.
>>
File: ElmalHeroquest2.jpg (165KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ElmalHeroquest2.jpg
165KB, 640x480px
>>50449972
>>50449585
Last year we used to have Runequest and Glorantha generals.

Elmal up in this bitch, time to stomp some chaos and lunar fags
>>
File: 1423446392319.jpg (134KB, 639x348px) Image search: [Google]
1423446392319.jpg
134KB, 639x348px
>>50450455
spooky
>>
File: 1423442543629.jpg (140KB, 560x605px) Image search: [Google]
1423442543629.jpg
140KB, 560x605px
>>50450665
>>
File: 1423345897094.png (462KB, 532x843px) Image search: [Google]
1423345897094.png
462KB, 532x843px
>>50450722
>>
File: bulma.gif (735KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
bulma.gif
735KB, 500x384px
>>50449585
So basically give anything that isn't D&D one general?
So basically "elf slave wat do" and stealth /pol/ thread and all sorts of vaguely D&D related shitposting would be allowed it's own thread but we wouldn't be allowed to talk about the vast majority of actual RPGs outside of a single general?

No, fuck that shit. I hope you didn't submit a form for Janitor.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.