/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/, why are the Quicksilver Falcons the bard of Exalted? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: latest-1.png (142KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
142KB, 400x400px
/tg/, why are the Quicksilver Falcons the bard of Exalted?

I'm admittedly new to Creation, but they seem pretty easy to break the game with, having access to almost every charm there is; it seems like it'd be pretty trivial to wind up as an unstopable figure of legend, able to go anywhere and do anything.
>>
File: lA12IH6.jpg (45KB, 500x648px) Image search: [Google]
lA12IH6.jpg
45KB, 500x648px
>>
>>50445596
because exalted devs were lazy and tried to make each caste an archetype from dnd even where it didn't fit.

if anything out of splat skills should have been the twilight's thing. the oathbinding and diplomatic immunity were enough without it
>>
>>50445596
>having access to almost every charm there is

This isn't the D&D wizard who can just pick two spells every time he levels, you're stuck on solar charms unless you can find a teacher.

(Also it never struck me as particularly bard-like. It's more like "exotic skills II learned in foreign lands" like when the main character of a pulp drama knows some bullshit martial arts move because he served with the East Indian Company before the movie started, except scaled up because Exalt travellers don't go visit other humans but instead the gods in their courts.
>>
>>50445596
XP costs and general weakness of nonsolar charms limit your idea heavily. Charmshare is just costly fluff outside of a few exploits.
>>
>>50445596
>>50448455
Yeah, and that's true even in 2nd Edition where Eclipses did have access to a ridiculous amount of non-Solar charms. Appart from cheesy picks like Principle of Motion, it's not generally worth it.

As for 3rd Edition, Eclipse charmshare has been reigned in quite severely. They can only learn charms with a specific keyword.
>>
They're really not. They're deft social chameleons, diplomats, and explorers who can get anywhere and fit in when they get there. They learn spirit charms with the Eclipse keyword as a function of that. They're also masters of legalese, of managing organizations, and of making deals. If anything, Zenith castes are the Bards. They focus on performance, presence of personality, and inspiring the people.
>>
>>50452232
When was the last time anyone actually played exalted?
>>
>>50452293
Last Saturday?
>>
>>50453976
I'm running it tonight!
>>
would you consider "always has a human shadow" a valid lunar tell?
>>
>>50457313

It's a super boring one that says nothing about the Lunar, and since all tells are mechanically identical, making one interesting is the only part that I consider for validity or not.
>>
>>50457480
what makes it more boring than any of the other examples such as "has goat legs"(but somehow none of the mechanical effects of having goat legs)?
what is that meant to say about the lunar other than "sometimes turns into a goat"?
>>
>>50457524

The things I look for in a Lunar tell are:
1) Stunt fodder. Something that you can make part of your actions and descriptions in a natural way.
2) Expressing the /specific/ reason your Lunar has the totem that they do.

"has goat legs" would fly if your character was meant to evoke the satyr, for example, but not if it was just because it was an anatomical feature goats have and you needed a goat tell
>>
>>50457588

I mis-remembered. it was cow legs. strength of many had cow legs. because he was a cow.(not a mountaingoat)
>>
>>50457313
I thought a hyena like laugh would be cool until I realized tells have to be available to detect which meant it'd have to be a nervous tic, but st still thought it was too much like the secret birthmark example of a bad one.

ended up changing the animal when I changed the lunar's direction of origin anyway
>>
Are there any social perfect parry charms? If so how do they work as arguments if you have an audience?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.