[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it more important for your character to appeal to you,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1466226605152.jpg (181KB, 638x825px) Image search: [Google]
1466226605152.jpg
181KB, 638x825px
Is it more important for your character to appeal to you, or your group?
>>
>>50443075

Its a combination.

You are a player, so what you want matters. Playing a character you hate doesn't benefit anyone.

At the same time, if your character doesn't mesh with the group then your enjoyment of that character is going to be ruined in short order. A good character in the wrong game makes for a shit time for everyone.

As with everything, extremes are usually stupid and the best mix is somewhere in the middle.
>>
Start with a character you like.
MAKE your group like them as well.
>>
>>50443075
Ribbon a loaf. A loaf!
>>
regular P&P - myself, just making sure it's not a blatant eyesore for the others
ERP - a crowd pleaser through and through~
>>
>>50443075

It needs to appeal to you so you will want to play it. It needs to at least not irritate your group so they won't hate you for it. Ideally both are fulfilled, but since this is a group activity I would say appealing to the group is more important.
>>
>>50443201

Also easier to satisfy.

If your character is hated by the group or causes some other problem, you are going to be fighting an uphill battle to get them to change their minds.

But simply making a different character that you also enjoy playing isn't that hard, unless you are being a baby and only want to play one thing. In which case the problem is probably at least partially you.
>>
>>50443075
For broad strokes (like class), go with what suits the party; for finer details (like personality), go with what suits you.

Unless you're going out of your way to be a dick, a character you can play comfortably and effortlessly will always be more fun for your party than a stilted jerk you just made to fit in.
>>
>>50443075
make a character that appeals to you and have it mesh with the other players and setting

as long as you don't make him/her a lone wolf or edgelord, character interaction, structure, dice rolls are certain to have your character find his/her place in the game.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>50443122
>You are a player, so what you want matters.
>>
>>50443075
For you but make it to where it will cooperate with the group. No reason to run a campaign if your gonna fly solo
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.