[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just recently began playing Bloodbowl with a friend of mine,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Bloodbowl.jpg (133KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodbowl.jpg
133KB, 768x432px
I just recently began playing Bloodbowl with a friend of mine, and it seems to me (after a few matches trying out the different kinds of teams) that the teams that are centered around simply fucking up the players of the other team are just flat out better and more consistent in their success than the teams that would rather play ball than trade blows.

Now, I fully admit that I am in no position to comment on the balance of a long-running game series after just a few matches. I just want to hear what veterans have to say about this observation.
>>
>>50442682
That may seem to be the case initially but elves are absolutely god tier simply on the basis on speed, passing and being a right pain in the ass to even hit. Specifically wardancers in wood elf team.

Dwarfs though are anyi fun team who just murder people to win as with chaos and orcs but when you learn to combat them it becomes more manageable.

Except ogres with hot dice. Then you probably wont have a team left.
>>
It looks that way when you only look at one game. But in a league format, since scoring touchdowns nets more SPP than injuries, whihc are hard to gain anyway. Also, passing gives SPP so ball tams end up getting more players with skills faster. Also, an Elf Team, (which are the majority of teams that focus on the ball) are able to go most of the game only sustaining one block a turn. If you are being hit a lot in a turn its probly because you are looking for blocks as an elf team, something you are meant to do later down the line. In terms of balance, yes some teams are intentionally worse. No-one will say that a 1000TV dwarf team is balanced against a 1000TV halfling team, but in general, teams are balanced. There are better teams, but a good coach can overcome any discrepancy in an overpowered team. Halflings in fact become some of the nastiest high TV teams, because they can foul every turn, and don't care about loosing players.
>>
>>50442682
As this poster says >>50442779
It might seem like they're outright better at first, but once you learn to place your catchers and throwers you'll be landing 3-0 wins over less agile teams.

I'd say the passing game is definitely harder at first, but it has a very high skill ceiling.
>>
If we're talking the standard orcs/humans box, then yes, the humans have a tough time dealing with orc blitzers and black orcs.

Once you start going beyond the (for the most part) wonky starter set lineups, things even out a little more.
>>
>>50442843
Hell Orcs human box disadvantages Orcs, since they lack their 4 black orcs, and 4 blitzers.
>>
>>50442871
Well, both are sub-optimal teams for sure.

Gotta wonder why they didn't include four blitzers for each team, at the least.
>>
>>50442843
The orcs seemed to stomp the skavens with ease too. I guess I could scratch those matches up to bad luck with the dice, though.
>>
>>50442938
Thats because as a skaven player you should not be in punching range. once your turn ends, there should only be at most 4 players in base to base with an upright ork. All the rest should have dodged away, or be standing over the one or two blocks/blitz you made to move the ball.
>>
>>50442938
Bad luck or just being unfamiliar with the game and skaven in general.

Fat beaters punch above their weight until the players start learning how to mitigate their ability to throw blocks, and skaven are squishy as fuck.
>>
>>50442682
>with
That is always how it looks when you first start playing, but it is a deception, sort of like how green LOOKS super-powerful in MTG when you first start playing. In reality, a balanced generic human team played by a skilled player RAAAAPES the competition.
>>
>>50442682
>teams that are centered around simply fucking up the players of the other team are just flat out better and more consistent in their success than the teams that would rather play ball than trade blows.

Welcome to Blood Bowl.
I haven't played the new rules, but this is essentially true, especially in league play for the older editions.

Undead had an unfair advantage because of this.

But in single game play Agility was king. Passing, catching and running speeds made Elf teams gods on the field.
>>
agility wins games more often than punching, but sometimes you lose too many dudes.
we have a general for the game as well if you would like to learn more.
Humans are also the middle of the road team and are generally a "weaker" team than orcs. But blood bowl is a game decided by dice and good play with good play often making up for dice.
>>50442991
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.