[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /tg/, Tell me about the current pests in your setting!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

File: Rat+catchers,+1900's+(4)[1].jpg (212KB, 1150x767px) Image search: [Google]
Rat+catchers,+1900's+(4)[1].jpg
212KB, 1150x767px
Dear /tg/,

Tell me about the current pests in your setting! Roaches, Rabbits, Rats- whatever you've got, I wanna hear about them!

-How does your setting get rid of them or otherwise do 'pest control'?
-What sort of damage do these pests cause if left unchecked?

>inb4 it's a sapient species/specific race.
>>
File: remove.png (19KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
remove.png
19KB, 165x115px
>>50441563
>>
File: shadowrun_47_devil_rat.jpg (113KB, 800x603px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun_47_devil_rat.jpg
113KB, 800x603px
>>50441563
Devil-rats in shadowrun.

They're pretty horrifying. Giant rats with predatory cunning that are very difficult to control, and sometimes eat children and the elderly. They're one of many, many reasons that weapons and armor are so prolific in shadowrun, even among civilians.

The weird part is, if my character was going hunting them, he probably would use his silenced hunting rifle. Kind of like OP, but more cyberpunk.
>>
File: hahaha.jpg (280KB, 632x483px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.jpg
280KB, 632x483px
>>50441563
Weaboos.

>-How does your setting get rid of them or otherwise do 'pest control'?
Mind flayers and dragons eat most of the anime characters. The lolis are eaten by demons.

>-What sort of damage do these pests cause if left unchecked?

Mass infantilization of the population, followed by uncontrollable masturbation then an inability to procreate, leading to civilizational collapse. They're pretty awful pests, highly destructive to the faculties.
>>
>>50441563
I misread Rabbits as Rabbis.
>>
>>50441563
Minotaurs.
Fucking Minotaurs.

For some reason, they've started to live in tribes, like goblins. They now use numbers, like goblins.

Where are they?

Well, we found one of their LEADERS 300ft outside of town. what were the guards/members of the Minotaur Task Force doing? nothing.

Why have they done this?

Because the DM needs to balance encounters around the DMPC.

How bad is it?

A party consisting of a cleric, a samurai, an adventure chef, and a wizard, all level 2, along with the DMPC, were pit against 5 minotaurs.

How do we plan on solving it?

I don't know. probably leaving the town to its fate.
>>
>>50441563
Urban crabs are a nuisance. They can climb walls and otherwise are much like rats with greater manual dexterity.

The leaping owls take care of that.
>>
>>50441563
Elves. FUCKING elves, sitting in their forests being all faggy.

>-How does your setting get rid of them or otherwise do 'pest control'?
Burn the forest. Salt the earth. It's the only way to be sure. Who needs trees anyway?
>-What sort of damage do these pests cause if left unchecked?
They fag up the planet.
>>
File: 1477371750182.jpg (126KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
1477371750182.jpg
126KB, 1280x1811px
Most city pest tend to be fey creatures that have adapted to live amongst humans, many of them predatory.

For example, Urchins are ghost like entities that will dress themselves in the rags of street orphans and tend to use the disguise to lure children and unweary adults around corners where packs of 3 or 4 will attempt to overpower and drag them away into abandoned areas of the city to eat them. Similarly you have spider like fey who will tear off bits and pieces of something like a trashcan or box and use their illusion magic to pass themselves off as the object until you get too close.

When they are discovered it's usually a response by the Constables who will cardin the area off until the thing has been hunted and killed or contained.

In smaller cities there may be businesses who specialize in doing this.
>>
>>50445666
Just let the DMPC do his thing. Your job as the PCs is to try to run a profitable business revolving around this Mary Sue.
>>
File: steal.jpg (87KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
steal.jpg
87KB, 650x650px
Harvestmen are small wildfey about half the size of a human that look like scarecrows with scythes for arms. They wander fields and steal crops, often gathering way more than would reasonably be used for food. Sometimes they leave it there to spoil. The little pests are definitely responsible for food shortages, but they don't appear in numbers large enough to cause full blown famine or anything.

Aside from standard fairy weaknesses, they're cowardly and not particularly strong, so a farmer waving around an iron weapon is enough to get them to leave. Prevention is harder, but they like fall colors and can be warded off with stuff that reminds them of summer or winter. Blue or white cloth typically works best, but still isn't a guarantee.
>>
The city of Cylch used to have a real rat problem, and the Council of Parks (who are a vaguely religious organization that worships that Dhalka, the Woman Who is the Sky) was tasked to fix it. So the council asked itself "what can we bring in that will eat all the rats?" The answer was snakes. So they shipped in tons of snakes to eat all the rats, only they weren't incredibly picky with what kind of snakes they brought in. So they ended up with all sorts of snakes. Garter snakes, boa constrictors, rattlesnakes, coral snakes, anacondas, pythons. You name it. And their plan worked. The snakes ate all of the rats. No more rats in all of Cylch. Eat your heart out, Alberta. But now they had all these snakes that they didn't know what to do with. And since the snakes had no natural predators, they became an invasive species. So now you can't walk outside without stepping on a scaly cylinder. Every morning you have to check your shoes to make sure one of those little guys didn't curl up in there and go to sleep.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.