[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL4 -bX4t20w Why do GW still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 200px-DuncanFuckingRhodes.jpg (5KB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
200px-DuncanFuckingRhodes.jpg
5KB, 200x160px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL4-bX4t20w
Why do GW still keep comments disabled? Warhammer TV is nothing but in-jokes and comedy ads as of late, do they really care about what people will say? Have they not seen the like/dislike ratios on their videos?
>>
>>50435979
Have you read youtube comments? It's worse than /pol/. If I was a business owner, I would be hard pressed to not disable comments on all my videos, especially if I wanted to attract new players.

At least on facebook some of the anonymity is gone and it's easier to ban and delete comments. I am not talking about comments that simply disagree or offer counter arguments, I am talking about the really shitty dumb comments that offer nothing but shock value and meant to troll.
>>
good god I would fuck duncan
>>
>>50435979
Because then the autists would ruin every comment section with rules inquiries, bitching about OP TAU/ELDAR WHAT THE HELL GUIS, and general shit posting.
Because this hobby attracts the worst kind of fucking people.
Including you.
ESPECIALLY you.
>>
Short Answer? There is nothing of value to be gained from Youtube comment sections.

Long Answer? Before GW seriously upped their social media presence this could be seen as a problem, but it was just another sympton of a much larger one,now that theyve become way more open to the community via Facebook theres really nothing to be gained from interacting with the average youtube commenter.

Facebook has a bit of accountability since,for the most part its real people and real names, so they cant go off sperging like idiots without a care in the world. Interacting with folks there is both easier, a better format and holds people somewhat accountable whenever they try to start bullshit.
>>
>>50435979
forums were a mistake
>>
>>50435979
Why should comments be enabled? They are glorified ads, your opinion doesnt matter and even if it somehow did there's customer service.

You dont need to shout your retarded opinions on every single medium of the web so why do you care about comments on youtube?.
>>
>>50435979

> warhammer tv
> no battle reports

what is this shit
>>
>>50440167

>Showing the public how bad your game is
>>
>>50437797
>There is nothing of value to be gained from Youtube comment sections.

This. Comments in general are a trashfire, and unless you've got a really nice community (and good moderation) any good that'll be gained from them will be outweighed by some shitstorm.
>>
>Not posting the best video today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY6qGamu24Y
Shame on you anon. That one, the Chaos Black XL and the Hero bases ones are pure gold.
>>
>>50437797
>Facebook has a bit of accountability since,for the most part its real people and real names, so they cant go off sperging like idiots without a care in the world. Interacting with folks there is both easier, a better format and holds people somewhat accountable whenever they try to start bullshit.
This a thousand times. When people asked if the new website would become a forum, they said no and it was the prime reason for it. FB is perfect, there is no anonymity, to an extent.
GW learned their lesson from the previous websites, and it's fine like that.
>>
>>50440350
You won't catch me spending a dime on GW spray paints of their base decor, but these commercials are pretty brilliant
>>
>>50440467
Yeah, I won't spend money for that either, but it's still extremely refreshing and a good feel to see them not take themselves too seriously, losing the corporate side to get the hobby side back.
It's the little things that count and sustain us until the 8th edition comes around with the Oh-so-awaited overhaul.
>>
>>50435979
Keep sticking it to the man!
>>
>>50435979
Hey buddy I think you got the wrong door. The Games Workshop Hobby Store is two blocks down.
>>
>>50440541
My buddies and I have adopted a little saying: wait for 8

I really hope the rumors for it turn out to be true.
>>
>>50440577
>Sexy Chad working at GW
>GW having a gym

What is this alternate reality? Next thing you know, SoB get constant releases, are the postergirls and SM have been waiting for a plastic release to not have to carry their boxy metal Land Raiders around.
>>
>>50440167
they will have battle reports next months
>>
>>50435979
>Have they not seen the like/dislike ratios on their videos?

Meaning what exactly?
>>
>>50440894
That people have opinions and they are all super special and important!.
>>
>>50440894
I think because of the likes/dislikes they will keep people's expression in just that form. Because of the likes/dislikes, they would be even less inclined to open comments

The way I see it, youtube is just a host site to upload videos so they can be shown off and discussed elsewhere. They are likely not even considering youtube subscribers part of their success, and relying solely on hits on their blog and likes on their facebook pages.
>>
>>50435979
they want you to talk on facebook since youtube is just full of idiots most of the time
>>
Has anyone ever seen anything of value in a YouTube comment? The comment section on every video is like a septic tank buried down the page and if you're unfortunate enough to go digging (scrolling down) all you're doing is digging in shit.
>>
>>50440541
>8th edition comes around with the Oh-so-awaited overhaul.
Keep dreaming, matey. It'll be more of the same bloated tripe we've had for decades.
>>
>>50441883
I remember, once upon a time, where you could just filter the comments section of a video you were watching. For some reason jewtube took that feature away from the users.
>>
>>50444099
A few months back, i was talking with a family member who knows a guy who knows a guy. He told me that 8th edition was supposed to come summer next year. That's all he could tell me.

Skip to earlier this month when we saw a few rumors of 8th edition being a cross between what the game is now and taking lessons from AoS for streamlining and simplification, going for a major overhaul of the system because even the developers recognize how much of a bloated mess it has become, not being as friendly to new players as it could be. Those same rumors also said 8th was coming summer next year.

So take that for what you will. To me it gives me some hopes for the future of the game.
>>
>>50440167
>implying GW does battlereports and not New-Release-Wins-reports
>>
>>50444166
>implying watching battle reports are good for anything but entertainment and watching players have a good time with each other
>>
>>50444218
It's no fun if the new shit wins because GW wants people to buy it though.
>>
>>50440350
Jesus Christ that's geld.
>>
>>50444230
Dude, I would love to watch duncan and the other warhammer tv guys go at it on some battle reports, I don't even care if the winner is decided and made through careful editing. As long as it's entertaining and their british humours and impressions apparent through the whole thing.

I really don't do the whole 'internet celebrity' follow thing, but these guys are really starting to interest me.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.