[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How? How does Wizards continue to fuck up perfectly good planes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

How? How does Wizards continue to fuck up perfectly good planes so consistently? Tarkir loses the clans which were some of the most unique groups that we've seen in a while; Zendikar loses most, if not all, of its jungles and what made it the "adventure" plane; and Innistrad loses its central church and identifying trait as the gothic horror plane.

Why? Why is Wizards so intent on ruining the best aspects of its planes?
>>
>>50432194
Can I get some uh.. context? Is this MTG?
>>
>>50432202
Yes.
>>
>>50432202
More specifically, a world eating, extraplanar being turning everyone with less than an iron will into extensions of herself and basically causing the plane to tear itself apart. She eventually gets tired of it, and seals herself in the plane's moon to be used as a plot point in the future and literally no other reason.
>>
File: Cryptolith_Fragment.png (397KB, 530x370px) Image search: [Google]
Cryptolith_Fragment.png
397KB, 530x370px
>>50432194
I agree about Tarkir and Zendakar. But I think Innistrad is still fine to revisit. There's still plenty to do there.
Most of the people on Innistrad reacted with "Well this was a rough apocalypse this month. See you chaps for the next one."
Also OG Innistrad was still fairly high fantasy with a Gothic horror paint job. Angels and Gryffs were common sightings along with bloody hell hounds and dragons.
I don't think the cosmic horror that Emma brought was that out of place. There's also a fair amount to follow up on.
>Sorrin is gone so the vampires are unchecked.
>Thalia and Odrick need to rebuild the church.
>Unclear if Emmrakul influence is still effecting things.
>Wasn't Tibalt up to some shit? (I honestly forget)
>Plenty of Demons still fucking about.
Point is there is still stuff to do on Innistrad. Where as Zendakar and Tarkir had their most interesting fluff torn away. Which is annoying because there are a couple of characters from those planes I really liked. oh well. Maybe see them in commander 2017.
>>
>>50432592

But they killed most of my waifus man.
>>
>>50432592
You forget that Sorin is still alive. They could have a "what happened to that Sorin guy anyway?" or Ugin just sends someone to go pick him up.

Also didn't Ugin send Sarkhan and Narset to do some errands or something?
>>
File: Drana.jpg (275KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
Drana.jpg
275KB, 750x450px
>>50432617
Best Zendikar girl is still about.
Sorry about any Kahns waifus tho.
>>
I just wish they'd stop revisiting planes so often. Ever since the 'reboot' we've gotten what, six original planes?

I get that they want to tell a story with the game and all but fuck me the multiverse feels tiny considering how you can count the number of relevant worlds on one hand.

We shouldn't be getting multiple blocks with the same setting within a decade of eachother.
>>
>>50433330
Before the reboot we saw two 90% of the time, doninara and phyrexia. Reebot is better on that front, we've never had more than 2 blocks set on any one plane
>>
>>50433325

...I was thinking about innistrad, but now that you mention it....no no I think my waifus made it through unscathed in khans.
>>
>>50433330
Kaladesh is new and the next is supposed to be where Nicol Bolas was from. After that I honestly wouldn't mind revisiting a plane that wasn't Ravnica or Theros. Those two still feel too current to me.
>>
>>50432194
When they cannibalized Mirrodin in order to bring back the fucking Pyrexia for the fifteenth time you were all screaming and ejaculating with joy. Well, now the rape train's going too fast for brakes.
>>
>>50432194
>Tarkir loses the clans
I've said it before, but they really should have done the opposite: Tarkir should have started as the dragon plane that get Sarkhan hard as fuck. But for the sake of the multiverse or something he had to get over his dragon fetish to bring back Ugin at the cost of no dragon, only khans.

>>50433646
This, so much this. It would have been so much better to kill phyrexians for good there. Have them being a terrible threat but falling short as we realise that without the will of Yawgmoth they are just lacking something to really drive them.

Comparatively to those, I would be relatively ok with Innistrad and Zendikar. The execution may have been lacking but Zendikar was to be fucked by eldrazi anyway. Actually, you could argue it was not fucked enough.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.