[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a fantasy dream last night, /tg/, and it raised two questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: scent witch inventory.jpg (71KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
scent witch inventory.jpg
71KB, 960x716px
I had a fantasy dream last night, /tg/, and it raised two questions that generally would require two different threads, but let's merge it in a single one.

In my dream, I was cornered into a small bodega/storage by a group of ravaging orks, and was able to make a concoction (whether it was a potion or some kind of explosive, I don't know) using a shot of glass, pouring some liquids into it - some found in the bodega, some from my robes - and heating the bottom of it with a match while gently stirring it in the air with the other hand.

So, I was wondering two things:
>Have you ever had a /tg/-related dream? I'd like to read some stories.
>What are some games with interesting crafting/alchemy systems that allow/require you to roleplay the actions to some extent?
>>
>>50419623
I've had loosely /tg/ related dreams that were inspired by RPG games. One really good one was a recursing one with a consistent world I had adventures in with the JRPG esque party. Don't remember specifics.

I barely ever remember much more than vague feelings from my dreams though, don't know why but my brain is really good at erasing everything as soon as I wake up no matter how hard i try to hang on to the memories.

>What are some games with interesting crafting/alchemy systems that allow/require you to roleplay the actions to some extent?
Sorry I wouldn't know, I'm a filthy pleb who only ever learned the most hated version of DnD.
>>
>>50419623
>Have you ever had a /tg/-related dream? I'd like to read some stories.
Well no, but I did have a /d/-related dream last night, in which I got cockblocked and cucked by a futanari version of my grandmother. I...have no idea why I dreamed that happening, I don't even like futa or cuckoldry!
>>
>>50419694
I'm pretty sure that's called a nightmare, anon
>>
>>50419795
Not him, but has anyone else gotten to the point where even "nightmares" are enjoyable? Last night I was dreaming about some silent hill tier place with eldritch horrors, deformed monstrosities and tortured chunks of human deformities all over the place but I was pretty disappointed when I woke up because I was actually enjoying experiencing that unreality.
>>
>>50419873
What, do you mean enjoy like one would enjoy one of Salvidor Dali's surreal paintings, or enjoy as in you start turning the tide against the Nightmare? Because I have experienced something like the latter.

It was while ago so I don't exactly remember the specifics of the dream, but basically, there was something bad after me and I had to avoid it. Eventually i found...something, i think it was an axe but i'm not sure, and I felt freaking invincible so I was gonna start fighting. But before I could all Khornate Lumberjack, the dream ended and I woke up.

I remember feeling vaguely disappointed in the shower because I didn't get to have my imaginary payback against the imaginary creatures. Sounds pretty stupid now that I think about it.
>>
>>50419873
Most of the dreams I can recall could be labeled adventures and I usually roleplay the position I happen to "spawn" in. Threatening stuff regularly happens and I enjoy it. A particularly harsh jumpscare can still wake me, but it is more a bummer than a proper nightmare (I can semi reconnect to the dream again if I'm lucky, but that comes always at the cost of a twist in story). I very rarely can still get regular nightmares, but those mostly feature things happening to people close to me, not a threat to me.

And I just realize that comment is 5 hours old, oh well, the cost of catalogue use and liberal thread hiding.
>>
>>50423850
It's okay anon, /tg/ is a slow board, people often even come back to see if anyone replied to a days old comment.
>>
>>50419623

Oh all the time about nerdy hobbit sized elf librarians with glasses and innocent looking lips
>>
>>50419623

as long as you were in the bodega,you should have got a soda and some chips
>>
Yesterday i had a dream where i was traveling a realy fucking big ruins. I had some bread and meat, some wind in a flask and a classic adventuring gear.
Strange rooms and artifacts, tons and tons of bookshelves and wandering stairs.
Confy/10, would sleep again.
>>
On the topic of dreams, does /tg/ lucid dream? Seems like something worldbuilders and RPers would be interested in.
>>
>>50424215

Yes every morning Lucid dream for an hour about those nerdy hobbit sized elf girls or maybe they are 3e halfling with pointed ears and glasses
>>
>>50424215
I wanted to have them but I Always have shit ton to do and never can sleep enough/wake up slowly to try to get a lucid dream.
>>
>>50424215
I can identify being in a dream and do some things, like a superhero power set, but I don't have full control. Don't really want to take full control anyway because I feel that would interfere with the subconscious production of content. I like discovering what the dream has in store organically. Further that would kind of break character and I often have a role to impersonate.
>>
File: Tiana.png (274KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
Tiana.png
274KB, 500x666px
>>50419623
Hmm, my most weird dream that I remember could be interpreted as loosely /tg/. I remember the world had suffered nuclear annihilation, but instead of being a desert/wasteland it was a world full of lush mutated vegetation, green hills and mountains as far as the eye could see, it was gorgeous. Thing is, radiation was still super heavy everywhere, so people had to live in safe places.
Now here comes the weird part. Although I am a straight white dude irl, in my dream I was a black woman. A radiation-mutant black woman. A radiation-mutant black woman, who was a princess and the ruler of a group of people who lived in a humongous open shelter at the edge of a destroyed city. I wore a turquoise dress and would have been super beautiful, if my arms weren't all twisted and deformed.
My people loved and trusted me, even though being a mutant carried a heavy stigma. They were in danger however, I knew they were and I knew some immense threat was approaching from the nearby mountain and that I had to protect my people.
Unfortunately my alarm went off at this point. Usually sooner or later I return to dreams that were super interesting to me, but this was the last time I dreamed of this place. Maybe that is for the best, because I didn't know if I could save my people from the Threat from the Mountain.
>>
>>50425339
My most weird dream would probably be when I dreamed of being an emotion.

My most /tg/ related dream was dreaming of exploring an abandoned castle. Cue fighting against demons, cue trying to go down stairs while missing everything bellow the knees of both legs.
>>
>>50419623
When I was younger I could lucid dream on fucking Godmode.

Now I'm trying to get it back and the best I can do is summoning people and doing dimension doors
>>
>>50419623
I had a really badass /tg/ related dream in which my father and I were protecting some dignitary, along with two other guards, decked out in sweet robes with swords, and we got jumped by 3-4 "Bear Czar Assassins" as the only words I associated them as in my dream, and I remember feeling kinda scared my dad was gonna get injured or something, and then I remember we killed them relatively easily.
I remember picking one up and pulling the mask of realizing she was a renown noble woman! and with that plot twist I woke up.

I always get really vivid, fantasy dreams when I go to bed really drunk.

I also had another one involving Sophie turner, the apocalypse, and priests living in a trailer attached to an ancient temple.
>>
>>50419623
I had a dream i was some Napoleonic rifleman trying to fight off a bunch of orcs in a forest but I couldn't find the flint for my rifle, so I was desperately trying to find flint on the ground to knapp a new flint for my rifle and then once I finally did it, I woke up.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.