[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

“Do not take pride in our strength, it is nothing but the enabling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: GreyKnightTriumphant.jpg (92KB, 879x845px) Image search: [Google]
GreyKnightTriumphant.jpg
92KB, 879x845px
“Do not take pride in our strength, it is nothing but the enabling factor of our grim and glorious fate, our most solemn duty.

The Emperor did not create us to retake the stars, to put things right, he created us out of spite, and a twisted sense of poetry.

‘One last blade forged in defiance of fate,’ that’s what he called us, and no other description matches it.

The Imperium will fall, oh yes, it will fall. The Men of the Guard,the Sisters of the Sororitas with their short flashing lives have no inkling of it, even the Astartes can blind themselves to it if they want to, but we live longer than all of them, and we fight against a scale of evil and terrible power beyond the ken of any other military body or knightly order, and slowly we see the grand pattern that unfolds across the stars, and behind them. Man will swept over by a tide of xenos, faithless rogues, and deeper, darker things.

When all others are rended down to shattered bone, we will stand.

When the brave men of the Guard are vast mountains of rotting meat, we will stand.

When the Astartes are ash in blackened armour, we will stand.

And when the cities of man are nought but raging bonfires, and the flame is all the light there is, we will stand..

That is what we are for, and all our victories are but prologue to that day.

We shall speak the final words of Man, and strike his final blows. We will fight on when all others have fallen, and in the hell around us we shall envy them their rest.

And we shall fall ourselves, having hurt the darkness just a little more, but more than any others code have hoped to. That is our fate and purpouse. To be a fitting full stop at the end of the great record of human history.

And I swell with pride that we have been entrusted with that duty.”
>>
Is that from a codex/novel, or OC?
>>
>>50410537
OC, wrote it just because I thought of it and liked the whole 'one last spear forged in defiance of faith' take, cause it kinda gives the mary-sueisnhness of the grey knights a proper thematic place in a dark setting. Then I posted it here cause if you can't publish you may as well post and if it's 40K you may as well post it here
>>
>>50411109
Neato.
>>
I don't think GK's have Chaplains, but if they did, this would be what they'd say.
>>
Cool stuff OP but I think the Grey Knight dream is dead.

I dont know if its a good or bad thing but I never see anyone fanboy over them or hate them anymore they are just....there
>>
I'd say you captured the ideal of the Grey Knights perfectly, even though this reminds me exactly why I loathe them as much as I loathe the Malevolents and the Minotaurs.
>>
>>50411164
>Chaplain in Aegis armor.
Aaaand I have to change pants.

More seriously, wouldn't grey knights have an office similar to chaplains? Even if they are super beings, they are exposed to chaos constantly, so a bit of additional faith wouldn't hurt.

Maybe a randomly selected brother conducting the office, like some RL monastic orders do?
>>
>>50411346
In old lore, even though they had a good track record, the threat of falling still loomed over them as a constant possibility
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.