[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have we had enough of these threads yet for it to be a general?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: MegasXLR.jpg (50KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
MegasXLR.jpg
50KB, 440x640px
Have we had enough of these threads yet for it to be a general?
Fuck it, post your pitch ideas for game settings or systems

How would you make a setting like pic related?
>Not so much diesel punk tech but not futuristic when it comes to giant robots
>Weird grungy, nu metal, pre Kurt Cobain an heroing, Tony Hawk's pro skater 2, fuck MTV, Jay and Silent Bob, "it's not a phase mom" culture
>Players could build a mech from scratch and pilot it like Voltron, or you could ditch the mechs all together for a more, less digital, Shadowrun feel
>>
>>50401871

A Megas XLR setting?
>Weird grungy, nu metal, pre Kurt Cobain an heroing, Tony Hawk's pro skater 2, fuck MTV, Jay and Silent Bob, "it's not a phase mom" culture
- Car\Motorbike culture as the starting point, adding in rock stuff comes AFTER that.
- Pro Skater 2 is right on the money, so more cookie-cutter punk: Early AFI, NoFX, Rancid, Blink-182, Fat Wreck bands, et cetera.

>Not so much diesel punk tech but not futuristic when it comes to giant robots
- Make Mechs a thing that was invented during the cold war, with all the classic brands (Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, DeSoto, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Lincoln, bla bla bla) creating their versions. Mechs were a symbl of patriotism.
Internal strife comes between all-american mechists, who worship Americana, and the growing "Fast-Furious"-Scene which rely on cheaper chinese imports and sit at the national anthem. If you want to go full retard, you could make it more political than that, but I'd advise you not to.
> you could ditch the mechs all together for a more, less digital, Shadowrun feel
- Now I am starting to be unsure if I understand you. What feeling are you trying to capture if not "working class slob pilots mech"?
>>
>>50402382

I think he's just trying to find a niche for non-mech pilot adventures. Any good mecha setting has to have shit to do for the people on the ground or in planes after all.

How to integrate the Godzilla/Tonkatsu monster elements and 90's Xmen-Go-To-Space-Teen-Titans-Learn-Starfire's-backstory Comic Book Scifi parts of Megas is my question.
>>
>>50402382
This is fantastic
I was just saying if someone had an idea that didn't involve being a pilot it was cool
>>
>>50402452
Did the cartoon not have enough of those?
> Waiting in line for mega-slushes
> Finding bits of the mech
> Finding Coop
> Herding important NPCs
Etc etc.
>>
File: BBy_L7NCcAELjnK.jpg (31KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
BBy_L7NCcAELjnK.jpg
31KB, 600x337px
>>50402382
>American 'Rivet-Iron' Mechs, built on reliability and cheap production
>Chinese and Japanese 'Rice Reactor' Mechs, made in the nu-wave gundam style with electronic controls, but varying wildly in quality
>European 'Imperial' Mechs, VERY expensive and VERY high quality (usually), but with a maintenance cost through the roof and no room for tinkering or modification

There will be a Top Gear in this 'verse, and they will be AMAZING.
>>
>>50406361
>>50402382
>>50405875
>side missions to become pro wrestlers so your mech learns cooler moves
>make a garage band and blast sonic waves from giant speakers (bonus points if players write edgy lyrics akin to Deftones or Nine Inch Nails)
>Monster is sold to the masses, but is poison in some way, like Rampage
>>
>>50406361
>make a garage band and blast sonic waves from giant speakers (bonus points if players write edgy lyrics akin to Deftones or Nine Inch Nails)

You could build an entire plot around this alone.

>Enter Battle of the Bandmechs
>top contenders:
>The One-Ders, a Beatles-inspired Golden Oldies classic rock band driving mechs inspired by first-gen Corvettes and Mustangs
>Thundersnake, a Spingsteen-style blue-collar rock band driving Ford and Chevy lifters (pickup truck mechs)
>Trollhammaren, a finnish metal band driving some custom-made THINGS covered in spikes, filigree, and fire-belching vents
>Potsmoke, a 90s alt/prog rock band driving what is clearly their mother's mech
>ZING! (exclamation point intended), a J-pop group driving what is probably the loudest Kowasaki you've ever seen, both visually and audibly
>>
>>50406784
Meant to reply to
>>50406664
>>
File: Threshhold.gif (495KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
Threshhold.gif
495KB, 500x267px
>>50406784
Sounds like Scott Pilgrim and I like it

>Party shows up in rusted jeep covered in vinyl stickers
>Duct Taped up drums and guitars that barley stay together
>pulls out the ultimate underdog victory and possibly gets a record label
>>
>>50406946
>Sounds like Scott Pilgrim and I like it
It is explicitly NOT hipster shit, though.
>>
>>50407023
I am 100% okay with keeping the hipster shit out of it
>>
>>50407060
So don't mention Scott Pilgrim, which is entirely hipster shit.
>>
>>50402382
>>50406361
>Soviet 'Old Block' Mechs, obviously out of production though still around, high durability and very low maintenance, but the weapons systems are outdated crap
>Conveniently-Unspecified Middle Eastern 'Sandstorm' Mechs, fast-moving and hold up well in harsh environments, but hard to come by and harder to operate
>African 'Bootleg' Mechs, when quality isn't your concern and you just need a starter mech, these are the cheapest you can get if you who know a guy who knows a guy who knows a 'Nigerian Prince'
>Oceanian and Australian 'Ripper' Mechs, for when esoteric weaponry and self-sufficiency is your thing, and you're okay with slow speeds
>>
>>50401871
>Have we had enough of these threads yet for it to be a general

Please no. The last thing we need is another general, they kill creativity.
>>
>>50409356
>>50409356
>>>50402382
>>>50406361
>>Conveniently-Unspecified Middle Eastern 'Sandstorm' Mechs, fast-moving and hold up well in harsh environments, but hard to come by and harder to operate
>>African 'Bootleg' Mechs, when quality isn't your concern and you just need a starter mech, these are the cheapest you can get if you who know a guy who knows a guy who knows a 'Nigerian Prince'

Japanese Toyota technical mechs outfitted with weapons systems that clearly are not meant for the chassis and uparmored with chopshop steel plate, built for hit and run and ambush tactics.
>>
>>50411112
Technicals. The same heavy-duty suspension and go-forever engine that lets fourth-gen Toyota and Volvo lifters run for decades carrying multiple tons of cargo lets them run ragged all over the deserts and badlands of the world carrying a cargo of chop-shop armor plate and aftermarket heavy ordinance.

Never underestimate a Technical. They look like scrap, and that's exactly what they'll turn you into if you let them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.