[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your last character has been afflicted with the brand of sacrifice.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 23

Your last character has been afflicted with the brand of sacrifice. What happens?
>>
>>50397239
What is it and what does it do?
I've never read Berserk so I can't give any response.
>>
File: 1379881095885.jpg (183KB, 500x721px) Image search: [Google]
1379881095885.jpg
183KB, 500x721px
>>50397462
You're now a beacon that every monster in the setting can see and when you die your soul empowers some asshole that branded you.

Paraphrased; I stopped reading a while ago.
>>
File: Akira's worst enemy.png (271KB, 780x1220px) Image search: [Google]
Akira's worst enemy.png
271KB, 780x1220px
>>50397239
Are there demons nearby?
>>
>>50397737
>Are there demons nearby?
You bear the brand of sacrifice so the answer is always yes.
>>
>>50397691

Mm, well, presumably my character hunts down whoever branded her and fucking kills them, with full support of my party. Our current quest involves tracking down a characters parents because they made a wish for eternal youth in exchange for their youngest child. Said child is not in the party, the idea alone is enough to get us on board
>>
>>50397239
>>50397691
Depending on which character, either nothing changes (because they're already magnets for trouble) or whoever tried branding them gets a hefty smiting from the Powers That Be.

All my lower power characters just die horribly, I guess.
>>
Keeps on fighting until he dies without any real purpose
>>
YOU GET ON A BOAT

FOR YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEARS

OH WHAT'S THAT YOU GOT OFF BOAT?

DON'T WORRY, YOU STILL HAVE THE RETURN TRIP.

>The campaign lasts a decade and nothing happens.
Good game.
>>
File: RT_Bridge.jpg (642KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RT_Bridge.jpg
642KB, 720x1080px
>>50397239
No effect, you can't be sacrificed twice and there's a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh that has a prior claim on my soul. On the bright side, she's probably super pissed at whomever tried to jump her claim, which means that while she's distracted I can get back to worrying about being flayed by the Necron I cheated.
>>
>>50397873
Kek
>>
Honestly? They probably fucking die, what with being an astral beacon waist-deep in the Plane Of Things That Like To Eat People and all. Guts has at least 30 layers of plot armor.
>>
>>50397239

Please, the Demon City literally cannot handle me, considering my characters past life shares a sizable responsibiltiy for putting them there in the first place. And considering I hang out with a dozen other Celestial Exalted...
>>
MORE VIOLENCE
>>
File: Skull_Knight.jpg (155KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
Skull_Knight.jpg
155KB, 960x600px
I guess I get sacrificed unless this asshole comes to save me after losing an eye, an arm, all my friends, my dignity, my waifu, my zweihander...
>>
>>50397888
Sounds like ur fukt m8, good luck with that.

Playing a level 43 barbarian/frenzied berserker/berserker in heavily modified homebrew 3.5e D&D. Pretty sure I'd be fine, but I think it depends on if it attacts monsters of the power level seen in berserk or in universe. There are some BAD ASS demons in epic level D&D so I might be fucked despite my character level.
>>
You fucking demons think you understand goetia? You think merging astral with the physical will give you an advantage over me?

My character is a Mastigos Awakened with power over mind and space with some ability in elemental forces. I think he's more equipped than most characters to break the Godhand's back.
>>
>>50397995
>43 barbarian/frenzied berserker/berserker

So you are literally playing Guts
>>
>>50397995
Mistakes were made but I became fabulously wealthy in the process so it's all good.
>>
>>50397239
I'm pretty sure at that point our GM would need to change the Ryuujin from Green to Red at that point.
>>
>>50397984
That guy looks dope, who is it
>>
>>50398022
I'd actually love to hear more if you have time.
>>
>>50398039
Skull Knight.

He's pretty dope.
>>
>>50398019
Yes, except I use an axe instead of a sword. It turns out trading 1 attack for 4 damage is a pretty good trade when you have 87 str, who would have fucking thought.
>>
File: Skull_knight.jpg (611KB, 795x1221px) Image search: [Google]
Skull_knight.jpg
611KB, 795x1221px
>>50398039
Skull Knight, he's basically a deus ex machina to keep Guts from getting himself killed. Repeatedly throughout the series.
>>
>>50398080
>>50398084
Oh, I thought the file name was some kind of pun. Still, guy looks dope.
>>
>literally free XP pool
Nice, please, come, human buffet is open, don't worry, easy prey just ahead.

8th level Anima char. Technicia/Mentalist Warrior with 16 on every physical stat
>>
>>50398039
>>50398101

Skull Knight. His identity is never explicitly explained, but it's heavily suspected he's the legendary unifying king who decided to defy fate and the Gods and say fuck you to the Apostles.

He rides around murdering what amount to Daemon Princes and stealing their bauble of power. He then swallows said bauble of power and keeps it in his stomach, where he has formed them into a sword that cuts reality.

It still isn't enough to kill the big bad but I guess it wouldn't be much of a series if the protagonist wasn't the one to end it
>>
File: Huntera.jpg (704KB, 2865x3055px) Image search: [Google]
Huntera.jpg
704KB, 2865x3055px
>>50397239
>Someone tries branding Sathoth Yai'Adaru, The Hungry Dark Between The Stars
Well. One of her Aspects can just be geared to demon-punking. Maybe split of a Hunter.
>>
>>50397239
"WOAAHH BRO CHECK THIS SWEET ASS BRAND I GOT LAST NIGHT!"

"NO MAN I DON'T REMEMBER GETTING IT AT ALL! BUT CHECK IT- THIS THING FUCKING GLOWS EVERYTIME I POUR SOME OF MY BEER OUT AND IT FEELS LIKE I JUST DID A BUMP BRO! FUCKING AWESOME BRUH!"
>>
>>50398066
Me too. I haven't had a good storytime in a while.
>>
>>50397239
She calls her boss, and he sends a cease-and-desist alleging tortious interference with an ongoing contract. Said cease-and-desist probably involves chains and/or fire.
>>
File: Adela yellow left.png (425KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Adela yellow left.png
425KB, 500x700px
>>50397239
Her soul is already forfeit, a pact of damnation that she seeks to deepen with every soul claimed so that when at last her own is dragged down she might be promoted to something useful to the infernal queen she is sworn to. She and the party employ many demons and monsters in their lairs, along with innocents and agents of the gods being turned to the ways of darkness.

If anything, she tries to learn more about this brand and whether or not it can be of any use to her. Along the way it is unlikely that any of the minions can actually harm her if they were turned against her, for she had grown into something more than mortal by the end of the campaign, unable to be slain by anything less than the righteous weapons of the heavens.

tl;dr, high level 3.PF casters are pure bullshit and even worse when gestalted.
>>
>>50398309
Edgy
>>
File: herc likes fightan.jpg (95KB, 350x644px) Image search: [Google]
herc likes fightan.jpg
95KB, 350x644px
>>50397239
Well my last character was and still is a high level D&D 3.5 character, and you know what those all devolve into. I imagine it would go something like...

Heh heh heh heh ha HAH HAHAHAHAHA

COME GET ME
YOUR GOD HAND BETTER STEP IT UP OR THEY WILL RUN OUT YOU

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

And to think my character is the peaceful laid back one.
>>
>>50398434
Yeah, was a Dungeon Keeper game so went for over the top villainy. Of course she was also a hypocritical idiot half the time and not nearly as helpful to the party as she liked to imagine.
>>
>>50397239
Nothing, the Spanish Inquisition already took care of the worst demons.
>>
>>50397239
I try removing the brand. Not just with magic and shit, but also by having that bit of flesh removed.

After that, I go find that asshole and rip him a new one.
>>
>>50398066
>>50398278
It actually sounds terribly Mary-Sueish when I put it all down, but the short version is that my Rogue Trader is actually 1/64th Eldar and the Slaaneshi daemon in question had a serious hateboner for Great Great Great Great Grandma, which is itself a long and Mary-Sueish story.

Anyway, some Slaaneshi cultists had summoned this daemon bitch and we didn't have the firepower to forcefully banish her - but we could bargain to get her to go back to the Warp. So, I offered her my pointy-eared ancestor's soulstone, which was a family heirloom... except what I actually gave her was a shiny rock that our Astropath was charging up. Needless to say, now she has a serious hateboner for me, too.

As for the Necron, I stuffed its head into a stasis cask for ten thousand years thanks to some time travel shenanigans.
>>
>>50397239
What if my last character is basically a lich with multiple phylacteries?
>>
She's a psychic child with disabilities and uncaring parents who pretty much abandoned her to live her life in haunted hospital.
She's pretty much screwed.

Although, there is a literal Angel who works there as a nurse and the hospital is run by The Fallen Angel, Sammael, themself.
So the Angel will be helping to keep her protected and Sammael may even step in, depending on how they regard soul ownership of the victims, sorry, paitents.
>>
Speaking as a Kuni Witch hunter, IDK. Die a happy and honourable death? Literally the plot of Berserk but with less rape and more samurai? Orgasm? All of the above?

Probably all of the above not necessarily in that order.
>>
>>50397755
It's not as simple as that.

The brand can't be so easily used. In fact, the person branded must be the most valuable person(or people) to the one enacting the ritual.
>>
>>50397239
Probably gratuitous rape and almost rape that drags on and on and on.

The movies were good because the format forced them to pace things properly.
>>
>DBZ
Griffif gets blown up so he can go back to training for the one person he wants to fight to begin with. He didn't wish himself into a sayian to fight some fuck with fancy parlor tricks. He wants to face the champ!
>Shadowrun.
My shadow's completely fucked. She isn't even remotely equipped to deal with that sort of shit so unless she can get the brand removed as fast as possible the girl's going to be a walking disaster magnet.
>Pokemon.
Question, do demons even exist in Pokemon? Does this mean ghost or dark types are now after him? Is Giratina affected by that shit? Darkrai? I really have no idea.
>>
File: It was I, Dio.jpg (223KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
It was I, Dio.jpg
223KB, 1024x1024px
>>50397737
Oh shit, is it Devilman shitposting time already?
>>
>>50397462
you get trapped on a boat for several years
>>
>>50397737
God I love Devilman. Not only does it hold up well in its own right, it's even better when you take it in the context of the time period it was created, and realize how much the ending was inspired by the political climate of the time.
>>
>>50401534
>political climate of the time.
Please spoonfeed for someone with the historical Japanese political awareness of a lung fish.
>>
>>50397239
My character is already pretty much Guts but more cheery and with his own party, so I guess he becomes more cynical from whatever events led to getting the brand and then goes through his own Black Swordsman arc.
>>
>>50397239
Well I'm the half son of Hastur so I guess I sacrifice my teammates to become a god
>>
>>50397239
I live out the rest of my days in my isolated demiplane reading books occasionally surfacing to exhange with a library, rope bunker style.
>>
>>50397239
I've got a decent chance for a while, if I can find places to rest now and then, like Guts. Large size Half-Giant with a Gargantuan Battleaxe that hits as if it is one size category larger. My weapon is about 32 feet long. I've got a decent shot at crushing a lot of the shit he faces, but some of it would be ridiculously high level. I don't think he'd drag the party into it, so he'd likely die after a while.
>>
My Runner is a non-combat adept with social talents and a cactus kitten.

He fucked.
>>
>>50397239

He has already acenden and exists as a god in the Aether. The thing that was marked was merely his avatar, a spell casted in the supernal realms, ment to gather more data about the current state of the Phenomenonal world. The spell cares not of its fate, for it is but a musing of a god.

Once that avatar is dispelled the acended archmage will send down another. This one, however, it will serve a far more specific purpose.
>>
>>50397239
Do the demons count as summons? If yes, my character is rather in luck, since Protection from Chaos is her favorite spell, and I haven't since a lot of them use weapons in Berserk.
What happens next is that she tries to arrest them all, seeing as they're "willing" to follow her.
She's not the sanest person, but she *is* going to enforce the Law.
>>
>>50397984
I can never get over how distraught Zodd looks in this picture. Just look at his puppy eyes.
>>
>>50397239

FOR THE CURSE OF LIFE IS THE CURSE OF WANT
>>
Well one's a robot, so I'm not sure he has a soul to take? Does it even work in that case?

The other is a demon hunter paladin styled gunslinger, so I guess he gets down to business and starts shooting
>>
>>50397239
I suppose a champion of Khorne would see the brand of sacrifice as a test from the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>50397239
My CoC investigator fails her first sanity roll when the first demon attacks and dies horribly after a brutal rape.
>>
>>50397239
Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>50397691
So it's basically just a magical version of a crimelord putting a hit on you. Assholes try to kill you because King Asshole wants you dead. Feels like the "and he gets more powerful when you die" thing is largely irrelevant.

I could be wrong about that, but I'm probably not. Does anyone ever try to imprison Guts without killing him to prevent his soul from being used to empower King Asshole, or is that not really a significant element of the mark?

Also
>>50397239
My last character was a high level 5e Warlock. I live in Sigil. I stand in line behind angels and demons when buying groceries. And here's the most terrifying brag that a DnD character can employ: my GM is generous with magic items.

Yeah, you'd better run.
>>
my Character is basically GUTS if he was a 42 year old man who just wants to retire.

This would be pretty amusing.
>>
I wouldn't be too surprised. His goal in life is trying to undermine or kill the assassin god by wiping out followers and spreading textes implying he's less of a God and more of a bogeyman. He's only safe because the assassin God doesn't kill royalty and odds are his gambit would require too many lifetimes to do more than piss off the cult. Point is he's already marked.
>>
>>50397239
My character has already slain several demons and the area under his house was hollowed out and turned into an anti-fae and anti-demon armory/bunker.
>>
>>50397239
I continue to hone my Hide bonuses until I simply slip out of reality. I've already reached the point where I'm considered to have full concealment as long as I'm not being focused on, regardless of environment. Not much further until I become an un-person.
>>
>>50397239
>Last character was Comedy Movie Jackie Chan.
>NoTrableIntensifies.png
>>
>Level 23rd Wizard/Pale Master
>Have several thousand skeletons, kitted with armor and weapons
>Have a pocket dimension full of even more
>Have already killed three gods
>Ascended to god hood previously
>God of Harvest/Economy
>Have a succubus follower who gives advice

Literally the only issue here is that my phylactery is stored in my pocket dimension, which is rather hard to guard if I'm not there. But if my character is branded, they'd just go there to defend themselves.
>>
>>50397691
DtD, and I'm playing a Chosen. Tzeentch throws the biggest shitfit, because my soul is supposed to empower Him after my death, not some random jerkoff halfway across the Wheel. Unless it's him that branded me, in which case it'll be another case of just as planned, no matter what happens.
>>
She's a goddess, though she doesn't know it yet.
All the party are gods in the making.

Anything that comes after her is getting taken down in very short order.

What's more worrying is who placed the brand.
From what I understand you can only brand someone who is very close to you and for her, that's a somewhat small list.

She'll probably be a bit incensed when she finds out someone very close to her is trying to sell her soul.
>>
File: even better.jpg (64KB, 850x477px) Image search: [Google]
even better.jpg
64KB, 850x477px
>>50397239
My character is actually already afflicted by the setting's version of the brand of the sacrifice. The whole party is, and the very objective of the campaign is to go deep down into the abyss to kill archdemons and get rid of the curse.
So idk, now I must fight TWICE AS MANY DEMONS?

Good.
>>
>>50397239
Well, going based off of the info in >>50397691 and >>50401300, she first feels super-pumped that someone believes her to be incredibly valuable. Abandonment issues ho!
But I hope those demons weren't planning on trying to take her soul for themselves, as she's going to be punching them with it, repeatedly.

>>50398119
>Anima
MyMan!

lvl 14 Exellion/Hanja/Lama Tsu/Selene Tao right here.
>>
Well, my Bard is basically the party cleric, sooo...

Cut off the skin with the brand then heal myself.
>>
>>50403854
Would the brand even effect Liches? I ask because I too am currently playing a lich and was wondering if he should just be laughing this off or not considering his soul isn't even technically in his current body.
>>
>>50397691
>when you die your soul empowers some asshole
nope, that is wrong and false.
That asshole has power by himself due to the nature of the universe. Sacrificing you is just the step he needs to remove himself from humanity and acquire that power. What happens to you after he decides to sacrifice you has no relevance to him.
It's just a sybolic thing like.
>>
The most recent /tg/ character is a 2,300 year old vampire in a World of Darkness setting. He can raise the shroud of any area he's in for a month to make it harder for spirits to manifest, his haven is protected by a powerful spirit, ghouls, and basic occult runes, he doesn't take aggravated damaged from fire or high temperatures, and is as strong and fast as a player character can be in the setting. Oh, and he can Nightcrawler teleport. He could survive the day to day, probably defeat Apostles, but Femto is a literal god and would have no issue killing him.

Most recent character period is a Shaper from Geneforge. Essence allows him to survive for days or weeks with no food or sleep, and his creations could protect him, but I'm not sure that he'd even survive an Apostle. Hell, eventually trolls would probably overtake him.
>>
>>50397239
I leave the tattoo parlor and head downtown to pick up some shitty microbrews and case the Apple store
>>
>>50398019
>>50398082
Didn't we have a thread a while back where we worked out Guts is a ranger? I mean, he's so heavily based on the use of his kit and he duel wields his sword and cannon pretty effectively. He's got a pixie that basically is attached at the hip that is his excuse for healing spells. I an't remember the rest.
>>
>>50405590
>Owlbear stat block
>>
>>50397239
He krumps some gits, than he krumps the spiky gits, then he krumps the weird gits, then if gets krumped the sorceror just bring him back with their weird ass soul bond thing she hooked him into. He might come back as a gretchin but whatevs.

Oh, and the sorceror brutally, BRUTALLY murders whoever put the mark on me. I'm talking torture in the warp for glory of slaanesh shit. Every year is actually only an hour and all is overseen by a greater deamon to ensure it is done properly sort of brutality.
>>
>>50398125
Could it be possible that in some strange way (time shenanigans maybe) that the Skull Knight is actually Guts from the future?
>>
>>50404254
Depends. Other anons have said it's basically being cursed from Dominions. Monsters seek you out to rip you a new asshole. Personally I'd try to arrange a meet up with monster leadership to reverse it for manipulating their peeps into offing themselves on me.
>>
>>50403992
I like your attitude anon. Story teim?
>>
Just another undying doll for a Nechronica campaign. Stuff like that are just par for the course, really.
>>
>>50407442
No, because Zodd is already future Guts.
>>
Considering my character is toted as the buttbaby of Alexandros the Great and Lu Bu and ruling over the largest land empire in the world I'd say whoever put this brand on is too late. If the spear that pierces the essence of existence can't kill it it literally can't be killed.
>>
>>50397691
You forgot that it has some inherent benefits that are quirks of its actual malicious intent.

The demon brand makes you able to sense the presence of demons via the fact that it bleeds when a demon draws near.
More significantly, it's stated to put the branded "a half-step outside of reality," which means that it's significantly harder to inflict moral harm upon a branded by nature of their slight immateriality.
>>
File: berserk-unviverse-final.jpg (269KB, 800x547px) Image search: [Google]
berserk-unviverse-final.jpg
269KB, 800x547px
>>50408098
>it's stated to put the branded "a half-step outside of reality,"
Wasn't it said that since Guts has spent so long Branded without being sacrificed that he is actually becoming more disconnected from the Mortal plane
>>
>>50403574

>Does anyone ever try to imprison Guts without killing him to prevent his soul from being used to empower King Asshole

Most people think "King Asshole" (Griffith) is a good guy, a heroic god-emperor who saved the kingdom from demonic invaders by turning demons and giants to the side of good. Only Guts and a few others know the truth.

Also, imprisoning Guts will only work in an area protected by angelic or elvish blessings, otherwise ghosts that can move through walls will still get him. He's been imprisoned several times by people who think he's the source of all the demon attacks, and his elf buddy Puck helps him escape.
>>
>>50397691
last character was a paladin.
full on templar style
so I guess I smite all the evil,
and probably go down swinging

as to the soul
when I swore the oath and took up the sword, it became gods, and he will not allow you to take what's his.In nomine Dei
>>
>>50403574
It's not so much that they've put a hit on you, as it is them saying you're okay to kill.
You're a sacrifice, an offering to the things that go bump in the night.
The brand of sacrifice is literally a brand (like you brand cows) signifying that you have been sacrificed. Thus, brand of sacrifice.

Guts and Casca are sort of unique in that they managed to survive being sacrificed, largely thanks to the Skull Knight
>>
>>50397239
God I hate those threads. They always become an endless wank about how powerful, immortal and super-cool their characters are.
>>
File: 62d.png (1MB, 836x955px) Image search: [Google]
62d.png
1MB, 836x955px
>>50397239
My Deathwatch campaign just got real.
>>
>>50397239
>try to remove it
>pray Emperor for salvation, it hurts and feels wrong
>let's do it with sorcery!
>fail everything possible, phenomenas and demons appear
>character is dead, lots of other people are dead, hive city turned into chaotic mess
>probably more brands will appear on those who survive?
>>
>>50410211
We see the Brand burnt all the way down to the bones of its victims, so if you want to remove it you better hope it appeared somewhere you can easily amputate.
Though I suspect amputating the afflicted bodypart would just cause it to brand itself on you elsewhere.
>>
>>50403574

It's even worse. You can never sleep safely again. Ghost haunt you every fucking night.
>>
>>50411278
>We see the Brand burnt all the way down to the bones of its victims
Nigga, it's burnt all the way down to the soul. Let me know when you figure out how to amputate that.
>>
>>50411324
Shadowrun augs.
>>
>>50409649
Most of the popular systems you tend to be pushing demi-godhood in just a few levels.
Guts himself is pretty much around level ten in terms of DnD or Pathfinder.

If you look there are a few people saying they get killed quickly and ingloriously or otherwise only survive because of their party or in-game friends. Much like Guts himself needs Deus Ex Machi-Skull Knight on occasion.
>>
The Party just hit level 12 so we can take one most of what comes our way however my character worships an Old One disguising themselves as a Volcano Goddess.

I wonder how this will play out?
The Old One has a pretty sweet deal going on, they have a whole small civilisation that worships them and willingly gives their souls to them on death so no sacrifice is needed but on the other, are Old Ones affected by the brand?
Will my character suddenly find herself struck down by her benevolent goddess or will she get to live her life protected by them because once she dies, her soul is promised to them anyway?

And does that mean that her Goddess branded her in the first place?
>>
>>50397239
>playing a revolver ocelot spinoff

A lot of gun spinning.
>>
>>50397239
She whoops and offers the slain monsters to Luthic. Eventually her common sense will slap her, have her stop messing around and try to find the person who branded her and offer them up too.

Maybe Luthic intervenes, my cleric's done some interesting shit so patron goddess might not want her dead. In the same sense as a good show getting taken off the air, but maybe.
>>
>>50397239
he like a robo-man so who know
>>
level 2 dnd basic/expert wizard

Basically fucked, good thing it takes 7 minutes to write out a new character
>>
>>50397239
Kobold Barfighter Barbarian.

Probably assume that all of these demons and shit are results of someone drugging his whiskey and then seek vengeance. Also trying to eat as many demons as possible.

Its like watching an alcoholic lizard pac man.
>>
>>50414981
>eating demons
That's a recipe for even more curses and probably horrible death, friendo
>>
>>50407785
what
>>
>>50415733
It'll be a sweet ride though. I bet trolls taste like mushroom.
>>
>>50397239

I don't know the details, but i'd hazard that one character would just end up breaking the brand every time he reverts to his human form (eldritch noneuclidean transformations, ho!) and the other one would just confuse whatever demons would show up on account of being a non-psychotic cyberpsycho.
>>
lvl 11 undead bloodline sorc.

Demon zombies and mind controlled ghosts everywhere
>>
>>50397691
Oh neat, I have gauss cannons, several space ships, and a complete disregard for my own well being. Let's do this, it'll boost our ratings through the roof.
>>
>>50397239
not much.
smashing demons, eating their essence to recover and then smashing more demons.
except it happens more frequently.
>>
>>50397239
Light master wizard in a service of our good emperor Karl Franz, fighting in and after storm of chaos.
Demons? Bitch please, we had a full blown demonic invasion and my specialisation is fighting demons of chaos.
Monsters? Bring it on I'm in party with witch hunter other master wizard and warrior priest of Sigmar. Monster hunting is our job they coming just will make things easier.

In the end he will die impaled by gobin's spear in some random skirmish in service of the Empire, and will be buried in anonymous grave if in any.
As he expects from he day he become a wizard, his death sentence was passed. Only the day remains unspecified.

For soul my character belongs to Morr, and hopes that he will protect him.
>>
>>50397239
Incredible degree of whoring and slutting about.
>>
>>50411310
Several places in the manga, they rest in places that are warded or enchanted to make them safe. Casca is kept in one while Guts adventures a bit. And daytime is relatively safe, so you just have to adapt to being third shift. And your job being spook killing.

Really, the worst part of the thing is that everyone around you is in danger. The monster come for you, but they'll gladly take companions and bystanders. Those people are probably not as good at defending themselves.

>>50415733
It depends on whether you can incorporate their essence into yours. If you can eat it, it'll either digest or pass, and it may or may not poison you along the way. But if you're strong enough to kill it, you're probably strong enough to sublimate its being into your own. And the brand may help. If it does work by making you half a step out of normal reality, spirits can get at you better, but you can get at them better.
>>
My character is basically Guts in everything down to his backstory, but in Elder Scrolls.
If we assume that his Ebony greatsword will gain the same qualities as Dragonslayer after having slayed so many demons, he will be literally guts in everything but the name.
>>
>>50397239
>all the evil creatures in the land come after me
>my "paladin" no longer needs to hunt them down
>>
File: Saddam Al'Sahir.png (832KB, 751x1335px) Image search: [Google]
Saddam Al'Sahir.png
832KB, 751x1335px
>>50397239
BRING IT ON MOTHERFUCKERS!

MY SOUL AND FLESH ALREADY BELONG TO THE GOD-EMPEROR OF MANKIND! I'LL TAKE ALL YOU TERRA-DAMNED MONSTERS WITH ME
>>
File: GrizzlyBearRobinSilver.jpg (269KB, 570x330px) Image search: [Google]
GrizzlyBearRobinSilver.jpg
269KB, 570x330px
>>50397239
He turns into a Grizzly and eats the smaller demons. Turns into a bird and flies away from the bigger demons that try to murder him.

I guess this gives him all the more reason to actually turn into a Dragon in flesh and blood.
>>
>>50414450
I also don't think that most people realize what they're up against. Every single night you're pursued by spirits and demons trying to consume you, every day you're hunted by human soldiers or trolls or something else. Occasionally you'll have to deal with something the equivalent of a Greater Demon or Demon Prince in WH40K, and then in order to get this to stop, you have to defeat a literal deity, in cahoots with four other powerful deities, who can reshape reality with their minds (presumably, the source material is a bit vague on their abilities).

If your character has a patron deity which they think will keep them safe, they'll likely be happy to give you up just so they don't have to fight something which can potentially upset their own power or safety. If you yourself is playing a literal god or someone with enough powerful to kill a god, I'll go with it. However, I can't imagine that many people are playing games at that power level. But this also goes with my bias, where I don't think it would be that much fun to play a /tg/ where nothing can affect you.
>>
>>50420334
Yeah, but every so often Sigmar shows up to bail you out.
>>
File: 321654987.png (76KB, 286x218px) Image search: [Google]
321654987.png
76KB, 286x218px
>>50397239
My character revels in the carnage he is going to bring upon the enemy.

What are they going to do, eat him? Bitch please, his soul is long gone, he's still just going to get back up to fry them good.
https://youtu.be/fcbazH6aE2g?t=0m30s
>>
>>50397239
The universe already dies if any of the party die and are already facing down every heavy hitter the campaign setting ever produced as liches in command of the uberlich so literally nothing changes.
>>
>>50421404
Your game sounds fun.
>>
>>50414676
You're pretty good
>>
>>50397239
"Okay listen up you Daemonic asshat, get in fucking line. I've got vampires, True Fae, and Hunters to worry about. I'm a damned changeling on the edge!"
My last character is from Changeling the Lost and he's got a long, long list of enemies. So yeah they can get in line behind everyone else.
>>
Literally.

Nothing.

Changes.
>>
>>50397239
I'm playing a clockwork golem. I don't need to sleep and never get tired. I think I can handle the branded life but no longer being able to read books all through the night because of demons will be mighty annoying. My party will probably be very unhappy (except for the orc).
>>
File: Freebooter_Boy.png (1MB, 910x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Freebooter_Boy.png
1MB, 910x1079px
>>50397239
now DIS issa roight gud punch up!

My Rouge Trader ork Freeboota' would probably thank the one who did it before stickin im wit hiz choppa. Daemons make for the best WAAAGHs
>>
>>50420334
I don't agree with the god abandoning you thing

Biggest problem with >>50397239 is how much the Brand revolves around in universe lore. When the only true gods of the setting are the ones who just branded you, yeah you're pretty fucked, but if you're in, say, DnD and you got someone like Pelor or Torm there's no way they'd abandon you in your time of need because a couple of upstart ex mortals are fucking about

With a good god on your side, the Brand would have a fairly effective counter, since if a shitton of demons are going to be allowed into the material plane then it only makes sense that a shitton of angels show up to combat them
>>
>>50397239
>Be playing super-monk in game of Godbound.
>Character's entire existence is traveling around punching fucking everything evil in existence to death.
>Evil things now come to him.
You just saved him all the boring parts of his work.

He goes and finds an empty meadow, and he waits patiently....
>>
>>50427039
I'd agree with you except for the fact that your characterization of the Godhand is so entirely off base. They're not just hopped up mortals, they're the avatars of the Idea of Evil, which is more closely analogous to Warhammer's concept of Chaos Undivided than it is to any D&D pantheon. Having a patron god looking out for you may help, and in fact it does in Berserk on several occasions (like >>50420880 said, Skull Knight is basically like having Sigmar show up to save Guts' ass), but you're still talking about the fundamental forces of reality being personally invested in fucking you over in particular.
>>
>>50427538
If we're talking a pantheon like DnD I was always under the impression that the more one god directly meddled in the material plane the more its opposite could do as well, as a sort of cosmic balance thing

So if a evil deity or deities marked you with a brand that made hordes of demons attack you, I'd expect hordes of angels to be allowed into the world to fight them

Yeah the fundamental forces of reality would be trying to fuck you over but other fundamental forces of reality would be trying to unfuck you

Still not a nice way to live, in a constant battlefield between angels and demons. I'd expect you'd either die, go insane or have both sides back off, as your soul would be too costly to the demons to constantly fight over
>>
Probably fucked. Despite being a cleric of the god of the sun (and the main opponent of the god who makes demons), Hes pretty new. Learning some faith casting, and just recieved a blessing from his god (which is fairly common in the setting).
Unless they come at a ramping up tier allowing him to gain strength as he fights them, his god decides to intervene, hes fucked.
>>
File: xenohmph.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
xenohmph.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>50397239
Nanomachines, son!
>>
>>50427634
>as your soul would be too costly to the demons to constantly fight over
I don't think that would ever be the case in Berserk.
>>
>>50420334
So what, you're doomed to get killed at some point or another unless you kill king fuckwad?
>>
>>50397239
Well, it was a real world no magic setting so... He goes to the tattoo artist and beats him up for putting weeaboo shit on him instead of the biker stuff he wanted.
>>
>>50397239

To be entirely honest they are fucked. I won't go on a rant about how awesomey character is. Last character I played was a low to mid level nwod geist pc. They had a hell of a lot of utility, and I was one of the most effective in my group, but there is no way in hell they could survive constant demonic attacks.
>>
Lead all the rest of the demons to be contained in a top secret facility in which I am staying
>>
>>50427039
>>50427538
>>50427634
I guess I was only really thinking about pledging to evil deities or demons or things of a similar manner, where feuding over a single mortal isn't really worth the trouble, but a good deity might be up to give the good fight.

However, the problem is that the deity who has branded you is for all intents and purposes considered good and improves the state of the world, bringing prosperity to it. He uses demons to save the lives of innocents, and mortal and demon armies fight together to ward off actually evil threats. The only one suffering for their existence is you. So it's not just that demons are after you, but every human thinks that you're the evil one, and are out to get you too. It's not a simple good vs evil thing.

>>50433139
As I understand it, pretty much. The only alternative I can think of is if you can find some place which is magically sealed off from the rest of the world and demons cannot enter.
>>
File: The_Eclipse.jpg (294KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
The_Eclipse.jpg
294KB, 1280x544px
>>50397239
Unless Skull Knight shows up to pull them out of the horde of infinite demons, they die. Duh.
>>
Have surgery done on my tattoo and dump it in a volcano for the demons to fall for it
>>
File: 200 percent american.jpg (104KB, 934x834px) Image search: [Google]
200 percent american.jpg
104KB, 934x834px
What happens if you put it on Senator Armstrong?
>>
>>50397239

Solar Exalted

>Remove Brand
>Remove Apostles
>Remove Godhand

In roughly that order.
>>
>>50397239
My dragonborn paladin is already stuck in Ravenloft and trying to get rid of Strahd.

Her best buddy in the game already died, and she's doing her damndest to try and bring some light to the foresaken land of Barovia. If she can draw some of the darkness away from the citizenry, that's just part of the job, isn't it?

That all said, given some of the freaky shit that's gone down, I think she'll need to do some serious prayer to try and figure out how to get rid of this stupid thing. A vampire lord with dominion over a land is bad enough, much less with demons after her too.
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.