[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/ I'm a new D&D player who's only played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: fullsizeoutput_572.jpg (68KB, 481x383px) Image search: [Google]
fullsizeoutput_572.jpg
68KB, 481x383px
Hey /tg/
I'm a new D&D player who's only played through one campaign with some friends of mine and I made the mistake of playing an extremely stereotypical character in my last campaign which left me feeling very trapped (It was an elvish druid with an affinity for animals. [femanon]) So we're getting ready to set up our new campaign and I'm trying not to pigeonhole myself this time. I'm hoping for some honest feedback on what I've got so far if you guys could help me out.

Fem. Dragonborn Fighter named Xirina. Neutral Good.
Descendant of Copper dragons with an acid damage breath weapon.
Rough backstory: Xirina grew up in a clan with a renowned fighter for a father who was training her older brother in swordsmanship. As he learned, she would also practice what she saw despite not being in training to become a fighter herself. Over time, she became proud enough of her skills to reveal what she had learned to her father and he was so impressed with her talent that he began favoring his training towards her and leaving his son behind. Feeling hurt and abandoned, her brother became determined to regain his father's approval by training under another swordsman in the clan. Eventually, Xirina was able to claim the title of the best swordsman within her clan.
>>
Everything was going her way until the day that her brother challenged her to a duel. He was tired of being outclassed by her and was determined to win and regain his pride. So the battle ensued and although Xirina was clearly superior, her brother would not concede. As Xirina's frustration with how shamelessly her brother was behaving grew, the aggression with which she fought increased. She just wanted the battle to be over so he would stop embarrassing himself and their family. One wrong move and it was over. In her anger, she had forgotten with whom she dueled and gone for the kill. The light left her brother's eyes as his body fell from her blade to the ground. A crowd had gathered around them as they fought outside their home and all of them had seen what Xirina had done. There was no excuse and no escape. She had dishonored her family and her clan. Before they could even begin to decide how to handle the situation, Xirina cleaned her blade of her brother's blood and left everyone behind. She knew exile was all that was left for her so she walked away of her own accord, hoping to never cross paths with anyone from her former life again lest she be reminded of the pain and dishonor she had caused.
>>
>>50372690
I'm not reading this all, but whatever the fuck this is you're overthinking it.
>>
Seems fine
>>
No one will expect you to come up with a character that breaks the mold every single time. That just leads to a million special snowflake. There is nothing wrong with playing into/using a trope or a stereotypical archetype, just try not to do it every time.
>>
>>50372690
>Dragonborn Fighter
Prepare to feel trapped again, because that is what we call a Trap option.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.