[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good way to have a cleric atone for summoning a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: death knight.jpg (119KB, 1000x854px) Image search: [Google]
death knight.jpg
119KB, 1000x854px
What's a good way to have a cleric atone for summoning a demon? Or, how does one seek to change their alignment back once it is magically changed in D&D 5e?

Any ideas?
>>
>>50369273
Kill the demon.
>>
>>50369273
What bullshit did the GM pull to shift your alignment, anon?
>>
>>50369286
This
>>
>>50369293
He said summoning a demon was always evil, and magically changes your alignment. I would kill the demon, but he went back to his domain. Damn Graz'zt.
>>
>>50369286
>>50369300
I would, but it was Graz'zt, and we're level 8. Even to bring him back would require some evil acts.
>>
>>50369316
It is simple. Crusade into his realm and claim in in the name of Kojima.
>>
>>50369565
Done. See, that's a plan.
>>
>>50369341
How did you, a low level cleric, summon Graz'zt?

Unless it was paid in dickings, I can't see why he would bother with you
>>
>>50369767
Completed the ritual for summoning him, based on the desperate suggestions of the cleric's companions. It took a cursed dagger and a researcher to fill in the blanks of what would be needed.
>>
>>50369316
I could see always evil but a magical alingment change rather then a mundane alingment change seems a bit odd.

Still does 5e have the atonment spell that should work as for the auctual redeming oneself prayer and attempts to fix any damage that was caused helps.
>>
>>50369273
1. Beat the crap out of the demon. If you can't do that right now, then work tirelessly against the demon.

2. Use at least 10-50% of the treasure you get to help people who the demon hurt. That includes burials, maybe resurrections, and recompense for victims families. Any treasure you don't need.

3. Get on your knees and cry and beg that some day you may right this wrong. Every gods-damned night. But in the day, put on a face of grim determination instead of bitching constantly.
>>
>>50372205
I don't think so. Anyone want to weigh in on this?
>>
>>50369273
>le summoning a single demon changes your alignment

Punch the GM for being a retard. People make mistakes, shifting their alignment to fucking evil over it is retarded. Of course then again, alignments on a whole are retarded because morality is a whole lot more complicated subject than some idiotic system a neckbread dreamed up.
>>
>>50372329
This.

If your GM is really that set on it and you can't work something out just roll with it as best you can.

No reason not to have fun.
>>
>>50373675
YOU DON'T ACCIDENTALLY SUMMON A FUCKING DEMON, ANON.

IT TAKES A DECISION AND CONCENTRATED FUCKING EFFORT. ESPECIALLY IN THE ULTRARESTRICTIVE RULES OF 5E.
>>
>>50369273
You must rectify this by doing a similar good deed of greater magnitude than the bad deed.

In short, just keep killing demons (Called demons for added irony) until you get your mojo back.

If you don't have enough power to kill demons, then just summon them under a soundproof cup and leave them there.
>>
>>50374566
Unless he specifically cast a spell to do it, demon-summoning is basically DM fiat. There are dozens of ways it could have played out. That's the way it's been for a very long time.
>>
>>50372329
>Use at least 10-50% of the treasure you get to help people who the demon hurt.
I'm not sure this works in D&D. I'm not familiar with 5E but I imagine it's more of the same. Players almost never ever spend on luxuries and all profits go towards increasing their power level and the game is balanced around that. I like the idea of a character spending their money to help deal with the effects of their mistake but if it means they're too weak to defeat the demon when they do fight then it was all for naught.
>>
>>50376970
5e took that idea out back and put three rounds in the head. Magic-mart isn't a thing.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.