[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a paladin for my next campaign. Which is more compelling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (823KB, 1256x1800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
823KB, 1256x1800px
Making a paladin for my next campaign. Which is more compelling

>chaotic good paladin ruled by his morals and own sense of righteousness

Or

>lawful good paladin that smites anything that isn't pure and holy

which one is correct?
>>
>>50367083
>lawful good paladin that smites anything that isn't pure and holy
this is not how lawful good works, you enormous turdmunching cockgobbler.
>>
>>50367083
What is this false dichotomical bullshit?

Both options are fucking dumb as rocks. What the fuck is wrong with you?

How's Australia this time of the year?
>>
File: bait gesserit.png (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bait gesserit.png
17KB, 600x600px
>>50367083
Here we go again.
>>
File: This.jpg (23KB, 385x196px) Image search: [Google]
This.jpg
23KB, 385x196px
>>50367106
>>
>>50367083
surely thats the wrong way around shouldn't it be
>chaotic good paladin that smites anything that isn't pure and holy regardless of context or nuance
>lawful good paladin ruled by his morals and own sense of righteousness and never strays from this
>>
>>50367083
I play the latter but Lawful Evil instead. I am more of an inquisitor/witch hunter. I hate the use of the arcane and burn the heretic etc. Tonnes of fun, I try to just follow my code which states that anyone who gets in the way or protects my foes becomes a foe. That way I am not killing innocents when they disagree with my views, only if they are actively trying to stop me or hinder me.
>>
I'm writing two Paladins in a book I'm putting up on /tg/ soon. I deliberately made them polar opposites in terms of personality. Neither of the two archetypes you put up there make any sense by themselves, because they tend to be reactions to their environment. When you play them in conjunction, they're much more interesting.
>>
>>50367083
Try this one.
>lawful good paladin that sacrifices his goods, his time, even his health to help the forgotten, the unloved, the oppressed. He lives on the crappy side of town, and his neighbors all know him.
>"he helped me fix my roof joist after the big Aquaborne Cataclysm two years ago!"
>"when my gran said she wanted to just slip peacefully to the outer planes, he used Lay On Hands to ease her suffering."
>"thank all the gods for him. If he hadn't stood up in council against the Landholders' Act, I'd be in the streets - me, and all my kids!"
>>
>>50367143
Please, our shit posts have more quality than this.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.