[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 33

File: vampire4.jpg (155KB, 610x404px) Image search: [Google]
vampire4.jpg
155KB, 610x404px
Previous Thread: >>50347428
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-shattered-dreams-and-kinfolk-in-print/
>Mage 2e Errata
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
https://mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/when-in-doubt-time-to-play-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Whats your favorite vampire movie?
>>
>>50365647
>Whats your favorite vampire movie?
Underworld is the best. It's so stupid, which makes it extremely fun to watch with friends.
>>
Still no errataed Mage? Did anyone share non-advance version of CofD core, at least?
>>
>>50365647

The Revenant, from 2009. Great movie that makes for good Requiem inspiration. Nightcrawler doesn't have a vampire in it, but it's my go-to movie for what a CofD film should look like.
>>
File: Disapointed.gif (1MB, 478x360px) Image search: [Google]
Disapointed.gif
1MB, 478x360px
>>50365699
how did I know you were going to show up
>>
>>50365699
Buy the bloody books, niggardly peon.
>>
>>50365647

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
>>
>>50365760
Can't get a credit card where I am. Rural Russia is not good for your banking outlets.
>>
>>50365775
can't go wrong with the classics!
>>
>>50365803
Zamkadysh ssaniy
>>
>>50365775

Ok, General, it's time to throw down: Universal Dracula or Hammer Dracula? Bela Lugosi or Christopher Lee?
>>
>>50365825
I love Christopher Lee and I love Hammer Horror, but there's something about Lugosi's performance which is just...perfect.
>>
>>50365803
Get Paypal then, and connect it to your bank account. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>50365647
>>50365775

Other favorites:

The Lost Boys - Would we even have WoD without this movie? It's corny and too 80's, but it pinned down "Vampire as a subculture."

What We Do In The Shadows - Yeah, it's a comedy, but it also answers the question of "What do our characters do most of the time?" It captures the banality of immortality. Man, sometimes you just have to deal with your ex at a party.

Bram Stoker's Dracula - The 1992 version, just because I fucking love Gary Oldman.
>>
Running in a mixed nWoD game as a Moros Mage in 1st ed. Should I prioritize skills, attributes, arcana, individual spells, or gnosis?
>>
>>50366286

If your table's anything like mine, you'll want to focus on Skills. If you're still in CC, use your Skill dots to specialize in what you want your character to do the most. If not, take advantage of the fact that one session will probably give you enough XP to learn the first dot in a new skill.
>>
>>50365647

I'm still holding out for Bloodsucking Fiends to get optioned.
>>
Are there any Mage games going on that are recruiting?
>>
>>50365699
>non-advance version of CofD core

https://www.sendspace.com/file/0f0zne

However, I'll second the request for the final Mage 2e with errata.
>>
I haven't checked /wodg/ in a while. Has DaveB indicated an ETA for the Mage 2e FAQ or the release of Signs of Sorcery?
>>
>>50365647
Probably From Dusk Till Dawn. Salma Hayek was one really sexy vamp. What We Do In The Shadows was pretty good too. I didn't see many vampire films though.

>>50366830
I think he has to much work to do know. I'm not sure if it was DaveB or someone else who said that we shouldn't expect FAQ to come out this year.
>>
Speaking of vampires: would you guys think that a vampire could draw additional blood points from a mortal that's been doped up on EPO or other erythropoietic agents?
>>
>>50366830

No. I wouldn't expect to see the latter until next year, and at this point I don't think we're going to see the former at all.
>>
>>50366972
I don't see why a token extra blood point would be all that bad. I mean mortals on speed give vamps extra celerity dots and all.
>>
File: 1366787396807.jpg (83KB, 762x668px) Image search: [Google]
1366787396807.jpg
83KB, 762x668px
>>50367042
>I mean mortals on speed give vamps extra celerity dots and all.

I forgot about that.
>>
Promethean just got its final, PoD version today. If that's something you want, have at it.
>>
>>50367093
pod is print on demand right?
>>
>>50367093
also speaking of Promethean today is Boris Karloff's (the original 1931 Frankenstein's monster) birthday!
>>
>>50366286
Arcana as high as you can get, then Gnosis until you can get Arcana even higher, repeat.
>>
>>50366785
>However, I'll second the request for the final Mage 2e with errata.

Don't he's an asshole
>>
>>50367152

Yep! So you can now have it in print, if you want.
>>
>>50367390
ok thanks
>>
>>50365642
>William Pryor is literally set up to be on the Supreme Fucking Court.
He could be a fucking president and wouldn't be able to pass it. Go read the GOP what does it say about homosexuals :-)
>"People are literally dying" is never a small number. It's a larger number than it should be, and is still disproportionate. It's also simply the dangerous end of more widespread systemic issues of discrimination by the police. And don't you dare fucking tell me that doesn't exist.
So you say that being prevented by court to see your child growing up is no biggie, you fucker?
And again ignoring example of even criminal justice system stacked against males. Another example of discrimination is mandatory registering for draft.
>Go read the GOP platform.
I read it just now and surprise surprise they don't call for ban on abortion when pregnancy is result of rape or when it endangers life of mother.

>>50365683
>You literally just used anecdotal evidence in the first example, you are being blind to your own arguments
I didn't claim it to be anything more. On the other hand you used it as argument for conservatives generally wanting to criminalize homosexuality.
Also one example defying rule is enough to prove it false (homosexuality is innate X my example), but one example doesn't establish a rule (your example -> conservatives want to criminalize homosexuality)
>Because the sane part of the country doesn't agree with it.
Conservatives aren't all identical; they don't have identical opinions. For average conservative opinion go read the GOP platform. :-)

>>50367093
Does Phosphorum refinement have still those retarded pronouns? Did they fix pandorans so they don't have so ridiculously high defense?
>>
fuck its starting again! can we just stay on fucking topic god!
>>
Fuck off Pol/

This is wod/
>>
How exactly do Grim Sight and Dark Matter (the Mage sights for death and matter) function? How are they useful, exactly? All they do is detect resonance of people or places that have been around death, right? Or do they also function like Detect Magic in DnD, where you can see or feel auras to detect magic/supernatural stuff?
>>
>>50367042
Wait what? Amphetamines dont give humans super speed, why would they give that to vampires?
>>
>>50367571
Its in V20
>>
>>50367511
Sorry couldn't help myself let those idiots have last word. Especially when it was so retarded.

>>50365647
Btw where is that pic from? Google shows just some italian gibberish.
>>
>>50367638
You are the idiot. Go back to /pol/ and your little hugbox.
>>
>>50367638
fuckoff pol/
>>
>>50367568
>Death Sight allows a mage to detect the presence of the
>Anchor Condition or manifested ghosts and related
>phenomena. With a glance, a mage using Mage Sight can tell if
>someone has a soul, or if a body is, in fact, dead.

>Matter Sight allows the mage to determine the Structure and
>Durability of anything she looks at, as well as highlighting the
>value and quality of items (in game terms, telling the player the
>Availability and Equipment Bonus of any object).

>>50367652
>>50367653
You are not much better than him, what about staying on topic?
>>
>>50367784
every derailment
pol/
Call it out
>>
>>50367638
Fright Night.
>>
>>50368153
It seems it has remake too. Any idea which one is better?
>>
>>50366286
If you're not joining an Order, then you should ask your GM, nay plead, that instead of Rotes, get Extratemporius Affinity.

It's an extremely potent merit which gives bonus dice to Improvised Spellcasting. There's an unwitten rule that it's for banishers, and those who have no access to Orders and their Rotes.
>>
>>50368236
I've haven't seen the new one, but i liked the original, it wasn't exactly a deep movie, but it was kind of a goofy 80s comedy-horror movie. Which i like.
>>
>>50368292
Extemporaneous Affinity, rather.
It's an amazing merit, but only justified should you reject mentorship and decide to cast spells you make up on the fly.
>>
File: Red_Thirst_by_Isra2007.jpg (50KB, 400x556px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Thirst_by_Isra2007.jpg
50KB, 400x556px
What happened to 4th edition? Did it die in the cradle?
>>
>>50368561
3.5 got cancer

4e was the painful chemo

5e is palative end of life care
>>
>>50368579
No not DnD, WoD. There where talks about a new edition a couple of years ago
>>
>>50368636
Didn't it become the 20 series? Then get abandoned and now everyone is waiting for 5e or something?
>>
>>50368645
No it was started after the extreme kickstarter sucsess of 20th.

Here is something i dug up

https://plus.google.com/+BrycePerry/posts/ga2xnRi7a7p
>>
>>50368561
Was canceled when the Paradox deal happened.
>>
>>50368722
Oh, thats sad :( Thanks
>>
>>50368561

20th Anniversary retroactively became 4e when Paradox bought White Wolf, and when White Wolf Publishing decided to start One World of Darkness. 5e is WWP's in-house, multimedia sequel/reboot.
>>
>>50368368
Ok, I'll probably check out both.

>>50368561
WW consider 20th anniversary to be 4th edition now.
>>
>>50368771
Huh. I thought the developers were staunch that 20th wasn't technically a new edition at all, but rather just a compilation of old material with a few tweaks and updates here and there.
>>
>>50368865

OPP was, and almost certainly still sees it that way. White Wolf Publishing does not, and they're the ones who get to determine what's an edition or not, since they own the IP.
>>
>>50365647
Hrm.

It's typically a three-way tie between Interview, Dracula and Only Lovers Left Alive.
>>
>>50368865
Paradox/White Wolf has said they consider 20th Anniversary to be its own edition and will be putting it out as 5th Edition. They've said this as early as the second interview where Dracula goes on about the multimedia blitz they plan.
>>
Anyone read the Mummy novel yet?

>tfw didn't back it
>>
>>50370001
Wait.
YOU didn't back Mummy?
>>
>>50370001

I'm a few chapters in. It's no Curse od the Blue Nile, but it's all . It's pretty much what you would expect from a White Wolf novel.
>>
>>50370109

Anon, I hated Mummy until Book of the Deceived came out.
>>
>>50370141

>It's no Curse of the Blue Nile, but it's all right.

I have no idea how the fuck that happened in my post.
>>
>>50370141

Blue Nile was fantastic, and considering I normally hate any tie-in fiction that's high praise.

Sothis Ascends was still miles beyond it though.
>>
>>50370168

Well, so far it seems like standard tie-in fiction. Shuankhsen wants to steal an arifact that helps make new but flawed Mummies, Mummy and her Cult have to go stop him.
>>
>>50370267
>new but flawed Mummies

Ah, I have to wonder if this is their answer to everyone clamoring for non-Iremite mummies which I'm opposed to, for the record.
>>
>>50370284

Update on that: Nope, it's just an Vessel that takes spirits (I assume meaning ghosts here and not the other kind), and hooking them up into dead bodies. It's apparently an Arem-Abfu thing, and even Shuhankhsen think it's blasphemous.

The strangest thing about the book so far is that most of the Mummy game-related exposition given in-character is by a Cultist. Declan seems to be a high ranking man but it still feels like he knows way too much about Mummy stuff.

That's about all I'll get into since I'm only a fifth or so into it. We'll see how I feel about the novel when I finish.
>>
>>50370354
>The strangest thing about the book so far is that most of the Mummy game-related exposition given in-character is by a Cultist.
How much of that is there?
How long is this book?
Do you want to share it with us?
>>
>>50370441

It's not a whole lot, but it's stuff like:

-The Rite of Return
-What a Shuhankhsen is
-Who Arem-Abfu is
-What a Judge is

It feels off to me but it doesn't take me out of it or anything. It's a full length novel from what I can tell: 25 chapters in total. I don't share PDFs so I'll have to say no, but given that it's a KS stretch goal, I assume it'll hit the net in the usual places soon enough.
>>
File: arisen funk.jpg (447KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
arisen funk.jpg
447KB, 750x500px
The new Mummy novel is out now. Dawn of Heresies, because when the Heretic isn't in the scene everyone should be asking 'where's the Heretic?'
>>
>>50370354
>Declan seems to be a high ranking man but it still feels like he knows way too much about Mummy stuff.
Apparently mortals can be full members of a guild, and practice Iremite sorcery going by Curse of the Blue Nile. I think that the right cultist might know plenty.
>>
>>50370612

Not a single sign of the Heretic 5 chapters in. Here's hoping for the rest of them!
>>
>>50370626

True! The High Priest of the Cult of Kemisyet (the protagonist Arisen) has a high priest straight up described as "Neo-Iremite", and consistently tries to interview their patron and piece together her history, so maybe that gives them the edge in knowledge.
>>
Any good homebrew rules for player-controlled Pijavica?

Unless someone's come up with something good that's more in depth, I'm thinking Vigor, Resilience and Protean as disciplines, and making their bane a combination of the Nosferatu social penalty and something along the lines of being unable to pass physical examinations with the Blush of Life.
>>
Could somebody sum up each of the the Mage Paths for me? Ive been reading 2e for a fucking hour and I cant exactly figure out what each one is.
>>
>>50365681
That and it has Kate Beckinsale in a latex catsuit.
>>
>>50367212
I try to get gnosis to 3 as fast as I can so I can get ritual time to a reasonable time.
>>
>>50371193
Acanthus-Specialize in Time and Fate magic. Think of fairy tale witches and wizards like Merlin.
Moros- Death and Matter. Think of full metal alchemist with more zombies.
Mastigos-Mind and Space. Nightcrawler with a more cruel bent.
Thrysus-Life and Spirit. Savage barbarians which can cure cancer, stop hearts, and revolutionize society if they weren't too busy talking to trees and fucking non-stop
Obrimos-Forces and Prime. Think divine agents like Hercules, or Gilgamesh.
>>
File: gentlemen out for a stroll.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
gentlemen out for a stroll.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>
So has anybody here ever encountered the infamous trenchcoat katana guy?
>>
>>50374109
Almost. He had guns instead of a katana.
And I played him.
In my defence, it was my first RPG character, and I never re-did the mistake.
I suppose I was simply more influenced by The Matrix (did I mention he had dark sunglasses?) than I was Blade.
>>
So I am planning on running a vampire campaign and I am trying to decide which is better masquerade or requiem, what would you recommend, what are the pros and cons of each?
>>
>>50375814
Requiem is a toolbox for constructing your own weird vampiric society in a city. It's more of a street-level gritty stuff.

Masquerade has more political grand-scale stuff, with a rich history and a premade world.

I prefer the former but your mileage may vary
>>
>>50374109
I played a Free RPG Day game when Requiem 2e was coming out and there was a guy in it who played an Invictus Trenchcoat Katana character, who ended up derailing the plot treating the Invictus/Carthian conflict in the scenario like the Sabbat/Camarilla war. Katana came out during a panic at court, slaughter of Carthians began. I just facepalmed.

>>50375814
'Better' is a subjective term. Both games have their good things and bad things. What type of game are you wanting to run?
>>
>>50372833
Where does an anon find more material like this?
>>
>>50376020

It's a Radiohead promo: http://pitchfork.com/news/65455-radiohead-share-a-moon-shaped-pool-artist-interpretations/

You should be able to find the rest here, though it may not be as spooky. For more short form spooky stuff, Chainsawsuit's Local 58 is a good one.
>>
File: 1473098765540.png (84KB, 480x280px) Image search: [Google]
1473098765540.png
84KB, 480x280px
>>50375814
>VtM
>>
File: car_dog_karma.webm (522KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
car_dog_karma.webm
522KB, 400x224px
>>50375814
Whether you'll decide for Masquerade or Requiem world, use Requiem rules.

>>50376020
>more material
pic related
>>
>>50375997
I am planning on running a game focuses mainly on intrigue, with the characters trying to gain power in the princes court and in mortal institutions in the city, I was also thinking of every now and then throwing ion a wild card, like a newly awakened elder or the intervention of other supernatural factions.
>>
>>50376355
Both games will function for what you want. Are your players at all familiar with Masquerade, or will this be your group's first WoD rodeo?

Here's the big considerations you need to make.

* How much of your world/history/story do you want to create? Requiem gives you a backstory to play with and build your own setting, but there's no huge timeline of events to draw from. This is a good thing to many, and a bad thing to many. Masquerade has a huge history that expands and advances over multiple books; much of it might not matter or be necessary for the game, but it's an ever-present cloud over the things you're doing in your setting. Both have their ups and downs.

- How much do things like mechanics matter to your players? Requiem has streamlined mechanics, reducing combat to one roll instead of four and simplifies a lot of things. It's not perfect still (no system is) but some people like the four roll and some like the one roll. There are broken options in both, though it's not to the level of say, trap options in Pathfinder.

* Player options. Requiem pares down the clans to five' archetypes' of vampire (monster, seducer, lord, beast, mystery) with five ideaologies (noblesse, pagan religion, God-fearing religion, pseudoscience mysticism, any form of government attempts) as a mix-and-match method. It lends itself well to political and powerplay since Clan and Covenant cna mix more easily. Masquerade has 13 clans (many of which are 'this vampire is defined by this one thing about them', like madness) that can be more easily stereotyped, and two organizations that CAN be viewed as 'good' and 'evil' depending on how you present it (though both are morally gray). Politics are done generally within those two big organizations, and the clans function as a second political group.

If they aren't invested in Masquerade's setting, I'd go with Requiem 2e. Tighter mechanics, more fun Disciplines, and still gives you the slate to make your setting with.
>>
>>50376442
Also I forgot to mention, in Requiem you have 5 Clans but innumerable bloodlines, which are specializations of the blood within that Clan, founded by someone who meant to create a lineage of their own. For example, you have a Nosferatu bloodline that went from 'super creepy and often ugly' to 'hyper pretty that wraps around to super creepy' or a Ventrue Bloodline that became all about social decorum to the point of being a moderate and social chameleon at all times. It gives a LOT of player options within the archetype clans.
>>
>>50376442
>>50376477
Thanks for the advice, I think I will go with requiem in that case, would you by any chance have any further advice in regards to running the game as this would be both me and my groups first attempt at WoD.
>>
>>50376511
Hrm. It's been a long time since I've been a brand-new ST, but a few pieces of advice I've always clung to as an ST is...

* Start out simple. Basic ideas like 'the Prince has tasked the city with <doing this thing> and offered a reward, and the players get swept up in it' or 'the players are witness to <a thing> that draws them into the plot' are good starter ones. If you want to go with political intrigue and such, I'd look at some concepts like this from modern media you could adapt. The concepts of say, a vampire who the Prince truly cared for, like a childe (his vampire offspring) was killed and he's looking for the murderer, is a good starter story. It also gets the political plot and investigatory stuff going.

* Give the players a reason to be together. If a player wants to play the loner/lone wolf character, it's difficult to do on your first game. Try to, when making characters, have them make them as a group. One introduction I used once, was the players were vampires who were new, their sires (the people who made them vampires) bringing them to court to introduce them to the populace and release them to their own recognizance. It became a natural gravitation of 'you're new? me too' play for the players, giving them a reason to cling together.

* Don't worry about using other supernatural types and their books. If you want to have a werewolf as an enemy for some reason, use vampire powers to build it.

* Be flexible. I generally build a story with a start, some middle bits that are 'if, then' statements... and then let the players have their way with the world. Storytelling is about adaptation, as a player may look at your plot, take the hook... and then follow it down Jenkins Lane when it was supposed to lead to Main Street. Be subtle if you have to steer them a certain way, and if they come up with something in their plans/ideas/thoughts that's cooler than what you had planned? Shamelessly steal that shit.
>>
File: 1465915867155.png (194KB, 663x537px) Image search: [Google]
1465915867155.png
194KB, 663x537px
>>50376598
>the Prince has tasked the city with <doing this thing> and offered a reward, and the players get swept up in it
What's the point of playing Vampire if all you're going to do with it is dumb vidya quests? Any time the ST tries to sweep us up in this sort of """""intrigue""""" I feel like vomiting.
>>
>>50376477
And my personal favorite the Angry Texan Ventrue bloodline. Long live the Children of Cade!
>>
>>50376712
That scenario existed long before video games.
>>
>>50376712
Because they're brand new to WoD and it gives him a framework they may be familiar with?
>>
>>50376477
>a Ventrue Bloodline that became all about social decorum to the point of being a moderate and social chameleon at all times
... which one is that?

>>50376511
Make sure you go with 2e. You'd need to create your own Bloodlines (unless your players are interested in the two and a half that exist semiofficially on the blog), but it's not actually that difficult to make your own (while they have special merits and disciplines and traits, frankly its as simple as a new Bane and a fourth Discipline).

http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Bloodlines
Links to the blogs are on the right side.

Here's a bunch of homebrew ones
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/vampire-the-requiem/8627-requiem-homebrew-hub
>>
>>50377164
Sotoha, who are all about the samurai ideals and emotional composure, which ends up lending itself well to social decorum. Their discipline, Kamen, is all about being socially appropriate in all situations, to the point of being a magical social chameleon and able to fit in with other social/political groups. So 'at all times' is a bit of a stretch as they CAN and DO get affected by their Beast and such like other vampires, they're just real good at controlling it and covering it.
>>
>>50377164
Son's of Cade is pretty easy. No new discipline they just gain Vigor which already exists. Their bane is that they have a lot of problems dealing with the beasts anger. As in good luck reigning them in when that goes off.
>>
>>50376785
Aren't angry venture just Brujah?
>>
Is there anyone who has final version of Prommie and could answer few questions?
D pandorans and sublimati still use those modified ephemeral entities rules which make them have not only have high abilities but skills too?
Are there still those pronouns (particularly in that one refinement writeup)?
>>
Speaking of homebrew, I made this a while back
>>
>>50377459
They are pretty Brujah. Still cool, though.
>>
>>50376712
Because with people totally new with a new GM you need to simplify the shit out of things till everyone gets their footing
>>
>>50377199
Ah, right.

>>50377209
Sounds like they'd be good as just a Gangrel+Ventrue Bloodline that has the Bane of both.
>>
>>50377087
It's still bad advice. Give him a better framework to work with. Games based around doing Prince fetchquests are the worst. That framework completely fails to draw on any of the unique parts of Vampire.
>>
>>50378940

And that better framework would be?
>>
>>50379277
I've found making people decide on a personal, mid-term goal relating to themselves or their covenant at char gen helps, since then you can just throw them into a social event with other vampires or a spooky haunting in one of their feeding grounds and someone in the coterie, from the Invictus bootlicker to the Dragon who can't stop poking things that shouldn't be poked, will find something to drag the group along. Takes a certain amount of player drive though that you might get in slightly more experienced players but not new ones though
>>
So Changeling the lost 2e. Should we expect the release in spring or summer?

Also, anyone for advice on how to run Changeling?
>>
>>50379566
No. We shouldn't.
>>
>>50379566
>Should we expect the release in spring or summer?

Yes. 2020
>>
>>50379702
What is a reasonable time to expect the release then?
>>
>>50375997
>treating the Invictus/Carthian conflict in the scenario like the Sabbat/Camarilla war.

Man that's double retarded, the Carthians are closer to the Anarchs than the fucking Sabbat. I hope you put a boot in his ass.
>>
>>50380030
We ran out of time on the thing, since it was Free RPG introductory scenario using the 2e Reap the Whirlwind thing. I was going to, playing a Gangrel Invictus, but our 2 hour slot ran out not long after.
>>
>>50377199
That's quite possibly the most flavor I've seen out of a Requiem clan yet.
>>
>>50380095
That's a Bloodline. The Clans are meant to be five big archetypes that you can choose to take in any way. The Bloodlines can often be a little *too* restrictive when it comes to concepts.

I like the other big Japanese group, the Kuufukuji. They're a group of monk-Mekhet who are all about being badass and keeping the Beast under control through keeping it hungry. They go as low as possible with their vitae and skirt wassail.
There's also mention of a second Daeva Version, made up of "hungry whores", and may either be the original one or an offshoot made up of the prostitutes the Mekhet ones keep.

I love the "there's also another one" Bloodlines. The super beautiful Nosferatu that bathe in blood are based around a Roman cult to Cybele, but there's mention of a similar group (who'd be exactly the same mechanically) descended from Erzebet Bathory.
>>
>>50379928
It isn't.
>>
File: 2012-10-19-young_frankenstein.jpg (122KB, 533x289px) Image search: [Google]
2012-10-19-young_frankenstein.jpg
122KB, 533x289px
>>50380315
>The super beautiful Nosferatu
>>
>>50379406
>here's also mention of a second Daeva Version, made up of "hungry whores", and may either be the original one or an offshoot made up of the prostitutes the Mekhet ones keep.

If they are newbies to the game then deciding goals for themselves and their covenants is pretty hard. Unfortunately WoD (any wod) chargen assumes everyone read the book and knows what what on the setting which is not really the case.

The fetching quest for the prince can work, it shouldnt be the main drive of the game of course, as a way to present the setting to the players.

I like to make the fetching quest something easy/trivial and then shift the focus of the session on presenting a side of the setting. Like say, the prince tells you to check on X ordo dracul member who is missing a few days? PCs go there and find out that he was just immersed in work and forgot to pay the phone bills but now the get to talk to him and learn about the Ordo Dracul.
>>
>>50380315
>That's a Bloodline

Ah, that explains it.
>>
>>50380435
All Bloodlines are like that.
>>
>>50380396
Nosferatu in Requiem are less about being hideous and more about being unsettling and unnerving. Their discipline is Nightmare for a reason.
In 1e they still felt like they were right out of Masquerade most of the time, but in 2e they have a normalish looking art character that's a grungey guy(girl?) with gauges and facial tattoos.

>>50380435
Like I said, that's how the Bloodlines are.
>>
>>50380324
You realise I'm talking about Changeling the lost and not Changeling the dreaming, right?
>>
>>50380710
Yes. And I doubt it'll ever come out. I think OPP will tank before that.
>>
Reminder that all systems are made better by lifting the Obligation rules from Edge of the Empire.
>>
File: horrorofdractitle.jpg (80KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
horrorofdractitle.jpg
80KB, 1280x800px
>>50365825
I really liked Horror of Dracula
>>
>>50380434
On that same topic. One of my favorite techniques is the panic NPC with a quest. Start the PCs with a action scene and then drop out into a wtf just happened exposition.

Example
Set Up Meeting up at the local damn, Suddenly damn about to break. Save/Survive the Damn. Skill checks. Thrown in a monster for the combats. Then ask ok why did this happen? And then yah set up the conflict and tone of the over arcing story.

It lets the players feel like heros without a whole lot of buy in immediately. Then you establish and set up the intermediate stories and conflicts. and when you're ready for a chapter cut off, a book end. The book end including social, into an investigation, into one last show down with the big bad. All good stories need a climax. And that sort of denotes this is the end of story. ... for now.

I've seen plenty of Gms not knowing how/when to end a story/chapter. To give themselves enough room and pull to think how the group is going, and stop ST burnout.
>>
>>50379566
Next Summer is my bet. Ignore other Anons they be salty no one wants to work on Exalted
>>
>>50379735
This isn't exactly exalted here. My guess is fall 2017, things seem pretty worked out from the packet, but likely the number of Keith's will be reduced because damn there are a ton in there.
>>
pls make Dark Ages Companion come out
>>
>>50380911
Yeah, fuck those Keith's. Always fucking shit up for us.
>>
>>50380937

Dark Eras, rather

I have shamed myself
>>
>>50380030
>>50380085

>Reap the Whirlwind
Well the set up of RtW is a court and city in chaos so you can get away with kill on sight politics all Red Wedding style, but it is generally not conducive to a long term game. Like that continual behavior in actual play would lead to Carth being excessived from the setting, and then the others putting down the mad dog, or the other Invictus pulling a retreating the front lines so the Carths dogpill him. thus weakening that convent while only sacrificing one of their own. Thus the next few cycles see the Inv with the upper hand in the next few years. That keeps there side more or less together while at the same time holding the hill of influence and resources
>>
>>50380783
I think you're an idiot.
You realize OPP is doing very well, right?
>>
>>50379566
>Also, anyone for advice on how to run Changeling?

Talk with your players about what parts of the setting interest them and what parts interest you and how those parts can come together. Obviously, this is key for any system or game, but it's still good advice. If all your players want to do is plumb the depths of the Hedge and fight True Fae and Hobgoblins, then wasting your time with Court Politics will just frustrate them.

Like a game I was in, I made a character who was very ambitious and his main goal was to dive deep into the political side of things and eventually claim the Antler Crown of Spring. But I never communicated it to the ST and the ST never asked us what we'd be interested in doing, so my character kinda just...tagged along.
>>
>>50380911
>>50380995
Keith 's ???
Pls expand Anon
>>
>>50381060
They be salty Trolls. Pay them no mind least it derail the thread
>>
>>50380937
I know, right? I want to better get my vampire knightin' on.
>>
>>50381094

I think the DAV20 Companion is out to backers and is apparently really good, I was moaning about Dark Eras and got mixed up even though I hate when people do that.
>>
>>50381067
Kith like dragon, troll, hunter heart.
I'm on a mobile device while cooking and the auto correct kicked in.
>>
>>50381119
Alas, I wasn't able to back, so I'll have to wait for it.
>>
>>50380602
So question. Is there a bloodline based upon the fear of the Divine / Divine Fury?
>>
>>50381122
Ah fairs fair Anon. Good luck with Dinner
>>
>>50379566
>Also, anyone for advice on how to run Changeling?

Dreams is an awful mechanic and brings 0 to the game.

Find a meaning to motleys in your game as the book doesnt really have an explanation for them beside "party".

The one i used was changeling society moves through pledge and tokens (not the magical object kind but the IOU kind) so the token of a single changeling is not worth as much as a token from a Changeling in a motley because motleys by their pledge are obligated to help their members so a token from a motley hold political power in a way.

Another advice, triple check any pledge PCs make as the system can be abused.
>>
>>50381176
There are a lot of divine Bloodlines, but the closest is the Galloi, the ones I mentioned that are all about being pretty as fuck. Their Bloodline Discipline was a special ceremony where they bathe in oils and vitae and get a straight bonus to their Presence (they still had the 1e Nosferatu flaw of no 10-again and 1s canceling successes, which means their own Discipline isn't that great for them). Their whole thing is that they're cultists of Cybele, a Roman Goddess of Motherhood. Her Greek interpretation had a priesthood of castrati.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybele
And this is the source of their Discipline:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybele#Taurobolium_and_Criobolium
And this is the source of the Galloi themselves
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galli

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Galloi

Looks like someone already made a 2e version
http://requiemforkingsmouth.wikia.com/wiki/Galloi
>>
Well, that's the end of the second story arc for my Forsaken game, as the pack run screaming from the clusterfuck in Macau and flee back to the relative safety of a triad war and a police investigation in Hong Kong. No-one dead, but the Ithaeur has ended up on Harmony 8 which means she's up to the general death rage trigger. That should be interesting.

Currently mulling over what Lodges I need to write up mechanics for in the near future.
>>
>>50381624
>Currently mulling over what Lodges I need to write up mechanics for in the near future.

Totally the Lodge of Arms!
I need to know what the borderline insane warrior cult of the Iron Masters looks like in your point of view.
>>
>>50381730
If I remember correctly, I originally had quite a lengthy section in The Pack about the sort of weird shit the Lodge of Arms do, like trading with Uratha round the world to get their hands on famous weapons wielded by particularly notorious killers or that had particularly high kill counts attributed to them - and indeed trading for bits of famous human soldiers and fighters, or even currently alive ones. I think I had to cut a load of it to fit everything in word count in the end, tho.
>>
Why have the OPP forums become so quiet?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-quw1RGKQ_U
>>
>>50382645
With CofD being dropped entirely,there's not much to talk about
>>
File: 1334270980954.jpg (110KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1334270980954.jpg
110KB, 1680x1050px
>>50382646
Justin Achilli: "At long last, the Grand Masquerade Succubus Club playlist (or as close to it as I can remember; songs may be missing).
VNV Nation, "Chrome"
The Smiths, "How Soon Is Now?"
Peter Murphy, "Cuts You Up"
Gary Numan, "Cars (Ultimix)"
Kite, "Ways to Dance"
Dead or Alive, "You Spin Me Round"
Destroid, "Lucretia My Reflection"
VNV Nation, "Generator"
Wolfsheim, "Once In a Lifetime (Club Mix)"
Seabound, "Hooked"
Suicide Commando, "The Pain that You Like"
Rotersand, "The Chase"
Assemblage 23, "The Noise Inside My Head (Sonik Foundry Remix)"
Parallox, "Goodbye Horses"
Rhesus Factor, "Conducator Al Statului (Remix)"
Skinny Puppy, "Pro-Test"
David Guetta vs. Bowie, "Just for One Day (Heroes Radio Edit)"
Aesthetische, "Here Today (Club Shot Mix)"
Florence + the Machine, "Shake it Out (Benny Benassi Remix)"
Lana Del Rey, "Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Mix)"
Metallica, "Enter Sandman (Dirty Funker Vocal Mix)"
Propulsion, "Evil"
S.I.T.D. "Dunkelziffer (Tactical Sekt Remix)"
Sons of Magdalene, "Hold On Hold Still for a Second"
Godhead, "Bela Lugosi's Dead"
Depeche Mode, "Flexible"
Queen f/ David Bowie, "Under Pressure""
>>
>>50382671
Wait, what?
>>
>>50382779
He's talking out of his ass. They haven't 'dropped' anything, but they haven't released anything new for a bit. Especially for Vampire.
>>
>>50382779
>bait
>>
>>50382873
>>50382878
thank fuck for that
>>
>>50382645

A slowdown in releases has really hurt things. I know I'm barely there these days.
>>
>>50382680
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz77LWHXzM8

>I see a red door and I want it painted black
>no colours anymore, I want them to turn black
>I see the girls walk by in their summer clothes
>I have to turn my head until my Darkness goes...
>>
>>50382645
>>50382671
>>50382873

After OPP "amicably parted ways" with DaveB, and there were discussions about Matt McFarland becoming the new Mage developer, I knew the CofD's days were numbered.

At least we can look forward to a more edgy Vampire: The Masquerade 5e and the new One World of Darkness...
>>
>>50383636
>more bait
>>
>>50365647
Let the Right One In.
>>
>>50383790
The Original or the American version?
>>
>>50383812
The original of course. I think the American version is alright though.
>>
>>50382680

Huh, that's a pretty slick VtM playlist. Gonna borrow that for a thing.
>>
>>50383790
I've been wondering when someone would add this.
>>50383812
>>50384084
I heard they'd be making an American TV series based on the novel and movies.
>>
>The idea of unified action between guilds is not just a convenient bromide that the Maa-Kep trot out to remind everyone how good and nice they are. They are serious as cancer about inter-guild cooperation. How serious is that? In the 1400s, when they found a pair of Arisen within the Mesen-Nebu who were plotting against the Tef-Aabhi, they first approached them and tried to talk them around. But when careful analysis of their next few risings (over the course of 200 years) indicated they were still pursuing their grievance, the Maa-Kep decided that, rather than permit the situation to fester, they would just crack open the alchemists’ tombs, pillage every single relic inside back into the Underworld, and either repurpose or destroy their cults. Those two Arisen have not been summoned since the year 1622, because the Maa-Kep decided that it was the Judges’ true will that those Arisen be suppressed until the Sothic Turn. They’re prepared to ensure that the rebels’ Sothic experience is as brief as possible, too.
>tfw you're playing My Little Mummy: Friendship is Mandatory

Why are the Maa-Kep so based?
>>
>>50384212
Interesting I remember seeing a mini series based on Salem's Lot. Any idea who's producing it?
>>
Im thinking of running a game of Promethean. Plz halp.
>>
>>50384355

Do you want us to talk you out of running the game or...?
>>
>>50384355
Don't?
>>
>>50384355
If you're running it for 3 or more players don't. Disquiet makes it really hard to play anything else than a rogue solo adventure. 1-3 is about the most you can easily do without destroying yourself.
>>
>>50379566
It says on the site that it should come out in Winter 2017
>>
So, WoD bros. Ever wanted to see THE site from the height of the WoD in the late 90s/early 2000s during the internet boom? I have mirrored a backup of the one, the only, BJ Zanzibar's World of Darkness fan website, a collection of the insanity of WoD fans from the era. Some of it's bad (like The Cursed and The Windrunners and a LOT of stuff), some of it is good (like Highlander the Gathering).

It can be found at

http://bjz-backup.droppages.com

Feel free to go bask in the wonderfulness of the WoD as it was almost 2 decades ago!
>>
>>50384566

>BJ Zanzibar archived

Oh thank goodness. The shit eating vampires are preserved for all time.
>>
>>50384566
What the fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>50384625
Back in the 90s/2000s BJ Zanzibar was a huge fan site. It had no quality control, so there's more dross than there is gold. It was up until like 2010, when the university it was hosted on removed any non-university pages. It's sorted by the links at the top, just click an image to go to that page's stuff. There's some decent stuff here and there, mostly in the Potpourri section. Mostly it's sometimes fun, sometimes terrifying, to read exactly what people wrote or converted for the OWoD.
>>
>>50384403
>Disquiet makes it really hard to play anything else than a rogue solo adventure.
Alright Ive been reading the Final Pdf and I can't figure out why people keep saying that. I think I'm missing something?

Disquiet is your Azoth Vs their Resolve + Composure. or at least thats what it says on pg 173.
If you both fail thats good.
If you fail and they don't thats good.
As long as your Azoth doesn't beat them.

So a char gen prommie meets some bloke and the prommie rolls 1 dice and the bloke rolls 4-5 dice. Then the prommie wins this roll 9 times out of 10 for some reason? Is there a cumulative penalty for disquiet somewhere? Is there somewhere were it mentions teamwork rolls on your Disquiet roll? Some powers cause automatic levels and proc rolls but I can't find were people are getting the 'Disquiet is really powerful'.

Sometimes I feel like I'm blind.
>>
>>50365647
>favorite vampire movie
I liked Nadja for the weird aesthetics of it, being shot on cassette tape with a PXL-2000. near dark is a given, my best friend is a vampire, and the original fright night. shit terrified me as a kid. and salems lot 1&2.
>>
File: Pilgrimage Chart.png (2MB, 1254x1627px) Image search: [Google]
Pilgrimage Chart.png
2MB, 1254x1627px
>>50385004
You're not blind, people are making assumptions. It's true that in 1e, things were a little worse, but even then it was completely possible to run a game. Disquiet is important, but as with many things in the game that are treated as serious in the fluff, the effects were exaggerated.

In 2e, though, it's even impossible to get to the higher stages of Disquiet without being within a Wasteland, and it's harder to create a Wasteland simply by existing. On top of this, while Promethean Distillations often rely on Azoth, a Promethean can willingly nullify their Azoth, even down to 1.

>>50384355
I want to point out that >>50384403 is right for the wrong reasons. Running Promethean, especially with more than a few players, is difficult, but not for the reasons that he's saying. Disquiet isn't really the problem--after all, it's an important theme of the game and *meant* to come up. If it doesn't come up, that's bad, and one of the primary sources of drama is being the target of the mob, even if you have many opportunities to avoid said mob or keep it from forming.

The real problem is that Promethean is very much a game about personal growth and reflection, and that works best with smaller groups or even single players. Each Promethean is going to have their own Pilgrimage, and unless you work things out very well, the party is not going to be walking the same road. That said, this is also a boon, in that it provides an ST with a strong framework of how to progress the story. Each Pilgrimage is going to complete the same steps (seen here). While it might be difficult to overlap multiple Pilgrimages, as long as you can think "I want the player to experience this moment and be tested by it", you shouldn't have trouble running Promethean. It's very directed, and has *the* most focus of any game. If I were to rank WoD games by the strength of their focus, Promethean would be at the very top (Geist or Beast would be at the bottom).
>>
File: 1458740275702.webm (1MB, 272x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458740275702.webm
1MB, 272x480px
For a long time I've been wanting to make a NPC database. Mostly to help me keep a track of them and where there respective stories are at in the various games I run in the setting.

Anybody have any ideas about what software would be good for this? I have about 200 NPCs with pictures and backstories...
>>
>>50384084
the american version is creepy on a child predator level.

Dark Shadows could have been a great movie, if Tim Burton and Depp would lay off the drugs for 15 minutes, and pick a direction they wanted to go in, and stick with it.

>>50384212
there was a comic book prequel when the american version came out. it was ok i guess, but nothing great.

>>50384285
hopefully they keep king away from it.

>>50384566
god i loved that site so much. me and my friends had the universes most fucked up League of Extraordinary Gentlemen thing going on with that. along with my buddies little sister playing a michael myers slasher.
I wish Kim Newman could get his Anno Dracula series made.
>>
>>50385316
How do you have 200 NPCs?
Also, you'd really have to create your own system there.
>>
>>50385390
>king away from it

Salem's Lot was SK's work from the 80/70s
LTROI is from a dutch writer. Sk is a good writer but he stuck in the TalesofHorror mind set which doesn't translate well into a 2hour movie
>>
>>50385442
Been building on the settings for years. So kindred, ghouls and kines in a self-made city. It piles over the years.

Was afraid I might have to tinker out some database system myself ye..
>>
Does anyone have the Mage 2e pdf with errata?
>>
>>50385720
Such a thing existed once, but then we realised it for the Magic it was, and Dissonance took care of that.
>>
>>50384511
Thought it was winter 2016. Plus somewhere on the opp forums the developer handed said he'd handed in the final draft so part of me is hoping for a spring release
>>
>>50385316
When you have 200 characters, you need to think freeware for law enforcement.
i.e.
http://kodiak-software-systems-police-field-con.software.informer.com/8.0/

>Don't say WoDFans never contribute...
>>
>>50385908
Thanks man! I'm gonna check it out.
>>
>>50385908
Alright so I gave it a quick spin and it already looks promising. Thanks again!
>>
>>50385908
This is pretty great, though it'd be nice if it was possible to change the categories.
I wonder if there actually are any NPC databases...

>>Don't say WoDFans never contribute...
No one says that to begin with, stop trying to start something.
>>
>>50385968
you're welcome
>stop trying to start something
Board Culture.
>>
File: Pentexconsumer.jpg (149KB, 846x563px) Image search: [Google]
Pentexconsumer.jpg
149KB, 846x563px
>>50386168
Some guy kept saying it a month or two back, during the Edition Wars that raged for literally weeks. It was a callback, anon. It was greentext. Relax and enjoy this complimentary O'Tolleys burger; the O'Face. O'Tolleys... feeding YOUR family since 1954.
>>
>>50386584
>It was a callback to edition wars
That's even worse.
>>
>>50365647
Shadow of the Vampire. Was very happy we could incorporate it into my WoD game.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphonte
>Wishing to remain a virgin Polyphonte fled to the mountains to become a companion of Artemis. This provoked the ire of Aphrodite, the goddess of love and procreation, who viewed Polyphonte’s decision as a personal affront. To punish Polyphonte for failing to honor her womanly duty, Aphrodite drove her mad and caused her to lust after a bear.

>Once at home, Polyphonte gave birth to two humanoid bear-like sons Agrius and Oreius (the result of her union with the bear). Agrius and Oreius grew into huge men of immense strength. As perhaps befits their feral patronage, the Bear Twins honored neither men nor gods. Indeed, they were cannibals who attacked strangers on the road.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strix_(mythology)
>The earliest recorded tale of the strix is from the lost Ornithologia of the Greek author Boios, which is partially preserved in Antoninus Liberalis's Metamorphoses. This tells the story of Polyphonte and her two sons Agrios and Oreios, who were punished for their cannibalism. Polyphonte became a strix "that cries by night, without food or drink, with head below and tips of feet above, a harbinger of war and civil strife to men".

I'm getting ideas for a Bloodline.
>>
>>50386596
>4chan; jokes about dead babies are fine, just don't discuss the past
>>
>>50380030
What IS the Requiem version of the Sabbat anyway? I want to say Belial's Brood but the Sabbat isn't JUST the ultraviolent chainsaw maniacs.
>>
>>50383636
>After OPP "amicably parted ways" with DaveB, and there were discussions about Matt McFarland becoming the new Mage developer, I knew the CofD's days were numbered.
wut?

>>50385004
So what exactly changed with Disquiet in final version? From what you wrote it seems same.
>>
>>50387181
Well duh since half the people in these threads weren't around in the past and only emigrated here from Onyx Path forums when they found out their devs post here to get away from them.
>>
>>50387181
>>50388269
More like "don't try to bring up old arguments just to start shit, because we're sick of the fucking argument"
>>
>>50385004
No, if they don't beat your azoth then they go up. That means that if you both fail they get a level of disquiet
>>
A question for the owners of the final Mage pdf.
Is the Sanctum merit unchanged?
What is the final benefit of having a redundant Legacy Arcanum?
>>
>>50377608
Do you want a honest review of that?
>>
>>50388977
Sure. Most of it is an update of Coil of Blood for some anon ages ago, but also I wanted vampire chefs, so I made the Taste of Blood Scale.
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Coils_of_the_Dragon
>>
>>50389052
Ok, but I warn you, no punches pulled.

● ok
●● ok, although that stored blood part seems a bit superfluous
●●● although thematically nice, willpower is much rarer resource than vitae
●●●● at least this time it's 2 vitae for 1 willpower, but altogether I'm not sure if willpower should supersede vitae as vampiric abilities should originate from power of blood itself, not some mage-like mind over matter
●●●●● similar problem as in 1e 3 dot coil of the blood, allows endless drinking from ghoul
ToL although it looks like a good idea, it would probably feel pretty weird if I played in game where vampires breed non-human cattle. Not very vampiry thing, is it?
EtS looks overpowered to me
OtB wording is weird, I don't understand what is it even exactly supposed to do.
Coils should help vampires mostly overcome negatives of vampirism which I feel your Coil of Life does only partially.
>>
>>50377608
Blood Seeps Slowly sounds useful, but if you compare the gaming experience of players with and without the Coil, is it any different? How often does it come into play? It needs more mechanical punch. I know this is literally how the 1st edition did it, so you're really not the one to blame, but there's a reason 2nd edition dropped it.
Also, lower of Coil and Resolve creates a massive XP tax.
>>
>>50389151
>although that stored blood part seems a bit superfluous
Probably. But a less-than-one BP is possible, so I figured I'd add that.
>willpower is much rarer resource than vitae
... it really isn't. I mean, it's not going to be overflowing, but it's possible to regain Willpower every scene. Also the idea for Keep the Red Hoard is less "mage-like mind over matter" and more making the vitae you use do more through will. Actually, I guess that is mind over matter...
>allows endless drinking from ghoul
True, but Producer is already a thing, and at least there's a downside.
>it would probably feel pretty weird if I played in game where vampires breed non-human cattle. Not very vampiry thing, is it?
While the idea is simply to allow vampires to eat human food, there's no restriction on what meat it can be used for. If you get my drift.
>EtS looks overpowered to me
Possibly, but I kind of like the counterintuitiveness of "vomit up a shitload of vitae wastefully to store slightly more vitae"
>OtB wording is weird, I don't understand what is it even exactly supposed to do.
You bathe in blood and loose any stage three blood bonds in exchange for a stage two blood bond with the Dragon that gave you the bath (unless you bathed yourself). For one to five nights you don't get blood bonds.

>>50389189
2e dropped it because there's a premium on space and new stuff wins out. I mean, the 1 vitae for waking up is barely meaningful, it's true, but it's one of those things where you can understand why characters would want to mitigate it.
I don't really feel like it creates that much of an XP tax, either. Most Dragons are going to have good Willpower anyway, and it keeps things from going passed 5.

>Coils should help vampires mostly overcome negatives of vampirism which I feel your Coil of Life does only partially.
How so? Lowered waking cost, lowered feeding restrictions, lowered ability costs, more vitae gained, the ability to eat, hold more vitae, and avoid blood bonds...
>>
>>50365841
Yes, yes it is, in fact it's both rocket science and curing aids via curing cancer after curing aging, sickness and death. You have to verify this and quantify that. It's not like I can charge shit up using my bitcoins, now is it?
>>
So, is Undead Menses the only Merit that has a gender-identification requirement or are there some I'm missing?
>>
>>50385646
>LTROI is from a dutch writer.

No. The author of Let the Right One In is Swedish. John Ajvide Lindquist.

He wrote the screenplay for the original film btw.
>>
>>50384566
Damn, this is cool AF
>>
>>50389769
There's not even a real requirement. You can have a dick and still menstruate for some reason.

I don't care about saying your gender doesn't matter but let's not be stupid: menses come out of a vagina, not a dick.
>>
File: gold_grin2.jpg (214KB, 444x467px) Image search: [Google]
gold_grin2.jpg
214KB, 444x467px
>>50389769
Afaik only one. I love that part where it's enough to identify as woman.
>>
>>50389984
Let's not be stupid: vampires don't really exist.
>>
>>50390369
Low quality bait
>>
>>50389524
>it's one of those things where you can understand why characters would want to mitigate it.
This leads me to my point. You're right that the characters would clearly want that. The players, on the other hand, pay XP for something they don't get to enjoy. How often did that scale come out in play?
>>
File: Just_Fuckin_Logic.png (143KB, 379x205px) Image search: [Google]
Just_Fuckin_Logic.png
143KB, 379x205px
>>50390369
>ignores the game's premise
pic related
>>
>>50390458
*Coil, not Scale
>>
>>50389524
>it's possible to regain Willpower every scene
Theoretically yes, but in reality? Not so much.
You have an opportunity to defend your mask, dirge or touchstone only so often. Another argument for rarity of Willpower is fact, that using willpower you can ignore your feeding restrictions 1 point for 1.
>Producer is already a thing
ghoul can't have Producer merit
>>
>>50389984
you confuse someone's sex with someone's gender, anon
>>
>>50388263
>After OPP "amicably parted ways" with DaveB, and there were discussions about Matt McFarland becoming the new Mage developer, I knew the CofD's days were numbered.
>wut?

Haven't you wondered why Dave now barely posts here or on the OPP boards...
>>
>>50391041
He has too much work with mage supplements and Deviant.
>>
Is there a collection or list of supernatural/magical creatures in the World of Darkness?

I'm not talking about the one's with splatbooks.
>>
File: 1468897563781.png (57KB, 150x154px) Image search: [Google]
1468897563781.png
57KB, 150x154px
>>50391081
>>
>>50391205
Le smug animu face
>>
>>50391081

There haven't been any Mage 2e supplements or Deviant blog spoilers. We haven't even seen the Mage FAQ or promised post-release antagonist or legacy material.

Dave's gone. Stop living in denial...
>>
>>50391041
>Matt McFarland becoming the new Mage developer
So can we expect Banishers to be 1-dimensional with only "I WANT TO KILL MAGES!" as motivation? (Heroes and Alchemists, anyone?)
>>
File: Mel Brooks Cross.jpg (45KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mel Brooks Cross.jpg
45KB, 400x300px
>>50365647
Mel Brook's "Dracula: Dead and Loving It".
>>
>>50389984
>>50390252
It's almost as if the ancient evil mother Goddess isn't transphobic.
What's more interesting is that it's not faction locked, so you can be a trans vampire in the Lance (would they even accept one? Or a woman, as a fancy priest?) and start menstruating Cruac bonus blood.

>>50390474
>Prerequisite: Human or Ghoul
Are you illiterate, Anon?

>>50390458
It's still a benefit, it's just a small one. It's the first dot after all. Most of the Coils feel useless unless you go all in.

>>50391146
No, but it's mostly left up to you.
>>
Been reading and learning the mechanics behind Vampire the Requiem coming from Masquerade, and wondering about Humanity.

I see lots of things that could cause a Breaking Point and have you lose Humanity, but are there any activities that lets you gain Humanity? Or is that a thing of acting kind and human and the Chronicler rewarding you with a point of Humanity when it befits them?
>>
>>50391620
Sort of yeah. Mechanically, you can just spend 1 Experience and move up a step on the ladder. But most ST's will want a narrative justification for you buying that dot of Humanity.
>>
>>50391663
Just 1 Experience? That seems a bit too easy. So you can just commit heinous things (technically) and then spend a few sessions levelling Humanity back up? That is, if we ignore the logic of it in-game.
>>
>>50391684
>Just 1 Experience? That seems a bit too easy. So you can just commit heinous things (technically) and then spend a few sessions levelling Humanity back up? That is, if we ignore the logic of it in-game.

In theory, yes.

In practice, no. Any competent Storyteller would be quick to put a stop to any player trying to abuse the Humanity system through spending experience.
>>
File: Humanity.png (569KB, 777x727px) Image search: [Google]
Humanity.png
569KB, 777x727px
>>50391663
>>50391684
It's 1 Experience in 2e, which is fifteen Beats.
It's also meant to be cheap, but narratively difficult. If you've faced and succeeded Breaking Points all throughout the time you've been trying to raise Humanity, that's not a good excuse for being able to raise Humanity, since you're still experiencing things that remind you you're inhuman.

Two things also worth noting if you're new to Humanity (and assuming this is the chart you're using):

>1 These are *potential* drops
You don't automatically lose Humanity, you just suffer a Breaking Point.

>2 You only care about sins *below* where you are
Which if I'm not mistaken is also how Masquerade was, but for some reason lot of people don't seem to get that. If you're Humanity 4, you won't care about watching people eat, because you don't even think about that being something inherently human.
>>
>>50391684
Yeah, but who ignores the in-game logic? Cronicles is generally not a rollplayer's game, more of a roleplayer's.
>>
>>50391775
You mean 5 Beats is 1 XP
>>
>>50391768
>>50391785
I was mostly asking about the mechanics of it, is all.

>>50391775
What >>50391804 said
>>
>>50391684
It's Experience you could have been spending on something more useful instead. I think it's a fair trade.
>>
>>50391816
Sure enough, but if's useful if you're trying to reach a high humanity.
>>
>>50391804
Yeah, I got mixed up. It's 3xp (x rating) in 1e.

>>50391785
Try harder. Here's your (You)
>>
>>50391829
Yeah, I don't even know how to get there through GM fiat. There's a point where it's hard to figure out what you can even do to go higher. It's like you have to suck everyone's dick? I don't know.
>>
File: Godric5.jpg (36KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
Godric5.jpg
36KB, 333x500px
>>50391916
>>
>>50391684
>That seems a bit too easy
Eh, you're burning your advancement to compensate for the shittiness of your actions through an ardent, but frequently failing attempts to be a better person.

I'm all up for that.
>>
>>50391581
>It's still a benefit, it's just a small one. It's the first dot after all. Most of the Coils feel useless unless you go all in.
I will go ahead and put my goalposts right here:
Could you depict a situation from an actual game where use of that Coil became relevant to the PCs? If you can, I will concede. If not, I'll keep believing the benefit is functionally non-existant.
>>
>>50391146
You mean all published creatures? That would be one hefty list.
>>
>>50391581
>It's almost as if the ancient evil mother Goddess isn't transphobic.
She seems rather sexist though.

>Are you illiterate, Anon?
Who are you even reacting to? If it's concerning Producer merit, in my version of rules it's only "Prerequisite: Human"

>>50391775
>which is fifteen Beats
only five beats
>If you've faced and succeeded Breaking Points all throughout the time you've been trying to raise Humanity, that's not a good excuse for being able to raise Humanity, since you're still experiencing things that remind you you're inhuman.
I would say that succeeding at breaking points is precisely the thing which should work as excuse to raise humanity.
>>
>>50391263
Mage 2E literally just came out in its finalised format. Plus Dave made a post on the white wolf subreddit yesterday
>>
>>50392028
Huh, care uploading your copy? It's clearly more up to date than the one I've got. Are there any merits that *do* say "Human or Ghoul"? Because I'm inclined to think they got rid of the "or Ghoul" for being redundant. Ghouls are human.

>She seems rather sexist though.
Yes, and?

>I would say that succeeding at breaking points is precisely the thing which should work as excuse to raise humanity.
I already fixed my math above, but I was sort of thinking "hrm, maybe that's a bad way of looking at it". I'd say that if the character is *intentionally* meeting those Breaking Points, that's bad, because it shows they don't really want to improve. So buying Humanity up as a jerk who abuses people isn't really a good justification. Or at least will need more than "I succeeded my breaking points for hospitalizing a bunch of people for pissing me off".
>>
>>50392281
So you just ignore the rules when it fucks the player over more?
>>
Anyone know why Hallucination is a Patterning spell rather than a Weaving spell? Is it because the version in the book affects all the senses simultaneously, or...?
>>
>>50392209
>Plus Dave made a post on the white wolf subreddit yesterday
Got a link?
>>
>>50392398
https://www.reddit.com/r/WhiteWolfRPG/comments/5eh6uk/mtaw_2e_can_time_4_cure_vampirism/dacejh6/
>>
File: HAHAHA_NO_ca7fdd_433522.jpg (67KB, 780x477px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA_NO_ca7fdd_433522.jpg
67KB, 780x477px
>>50391775
>Spending most of the day in the sun

What.
>>
>>50392540
Coils
>>
>>50384566
>>50384593
I was curious about the"shit eating vampires" so I looked them up and I'm laughing since. The short story was actually great given the theme.

>>50392281
>care uploading your copy? It's clearly more up to date than the one I've got.
It's same version as the one in Mega bin from the >>50365647, although I have no idea whether it's new or old. All I know it's VtR 2e, not Blood and Smoke.
>Are there any merits that *do* say "Human or Ghoul"?
Yes - Protected, Beast Whispers and Beloved (Ghoul or Human, Touchstone)
>Yes, and?
It just isn't very nice.
>>
File: 1438546875924.png (139KB, 424x470px) Image search: [Google]
1438546875924.png
139KB, 424x470px
>>50391775
>seeing a culture that didn't exist when you were alive
Sorry, I'm too busy making my players do videogame-tier quests to have cool shit like this happen.

>Ooh, watch out guys, if you don't do this thing for the Prince, he'll be vaguely threatening to you!
>Oh no, now that you went and did it, the entire society vaguely threatens you now! What a twist, am I right guys? Bet you didn't see it coming!
>Now you must do 'this' to prove your innocence!

I'm sore. All of my games were like that.
>>
>>50392398
>>50392424

A single pity post hardly mitigates the evidence that something is amiss concerning the CofD generally, Mage 2e specifically, and Dave's status at OPP.
>>
>>50392311
What?

>>50392540
Vampires no longer burn up like flash paper. At low levels, you can even survive in the sun for hours, provided you're not against wasting vitae on healing the damage. A vampire could also wear a burqua and not burn. Although it's never actually clarified whether heavy clothes stop the sun damage or not, there's just a spot for BP 0 vampires, even if most effects that reduce your BP only go to 1.

Except Carthian Law.

>Use Mandate from the Masses
>The WILL OF THE PEOPLE reduces the target's BP to 0
>They effectively become a Revenant
>... they kill you in your sleep because they aren't burned by the sun
Fuck.

>>50392597
I think there's also a Cruac Ritual or Theban Sorcery that'll allow it. Really, just "Blood magic" covers all bases.

>>50392626
If it's VtR2e, that's more up to date than mine. Huh. Wonder why you stop being a Producer if you're a ghoul. I actually have a Ghoul with that merit...

>It just isn't very nice.
Neither is stuffing a poor girl full of crows, and yet The Unholy exists.

>>50392631
Isn't that all on you?
Also, throw them into torpor and have them wake up in a Shadowrun world.

If Dark Eras 2 doesn't have a cyberpunk or space setting with Vampire or Mummy, I'm going to be so disappointed.
>>
>>50392281
>So buying Humanity up as a jerk who abuses people isn't really a good justification

Actually it can be.
Humanity 2ed. Isn't about how moral you are, but about how Human (species) you still are. Humans fuck over other humans all the time. So in that vein, you're still humanist, just a total jerkass.

Try think of the rating as a percentile (yeah it does work for any thing but the middle ratings but bear with for the moment) The rating starts off at 70% human(species) You drink blood, You're a walking corpse, but you still have mostly a human mind and metaphysical state. As you face the fact you are not 100% human(species) you're metaphysical state falls. You are now 60-50% Human(species). And any reminders tick the "I'm not human" sense. Ala Surviving a fall off a skyscraper dings as much as killing a man.

It's more about reflection. The question is would a or can a normal human(species) do this? Frenzing on a bunch of people and sending them to the hospital(like your example) would most likely be a breaking point, with some penalties. it's wanton causeless destruction.

The beat you gain for facing a breaking point will not out weight the cost of buy back
>>
>>50392540
It's the burning in the day star not the actual waking during the day. The Sun burns and the burning feeling is a consistent reminder you are not human. Which is the emotional breaking point
>>
>>50392785
It's how Human you are contrasted with how much of a Beast you are. So, yes, fucking people over and being vile and beastly isn't helpful. Being at the high end of Humanity is even stated to be an idealized and iconic human. It's also not *any* reminder that you're not human, it's only *big* reminders that can shake you when you're lower. Surviving a fall from a skyscraper is big and bold. But at Humanity 6, watching someone eat isn't a big deal, because you don't think about that as a reminder of what you've lost.
>>
>>50392815
I'm assuming they're more complaining that they can be in the sun at all. That whole "abloobloo twilight" complaint that you see a lot from people who think the slightest ray of the sun should make a vampire explode.
>>
>>50392908
It's less complaining about Twilight (stupid on its own, sure, but everybody knows that already) and more just that you used to need excellent agg damage regen ability to survive in the sun for *minutes*, let alone fucking *hours*.
>>
>>50392741
quoting from Errata:
>Revenants have Blood Potency 1 (see p. 94). However, if a supernatural effect would strip one of the Kindred to Blood Potency 0 or lower, the vampire instead becomes a Blood Potency 1 revenant.
it's Ghouls who have BP 0

>The Unholy exists
I have no idea who is that.
>>
>>50392674
>DAVE'S NOT POSTED IN FOREVER! OPP IS DYING!
>links proof Dave is fine
>That means nothing!OPP IS DYING

You got me to respond. 4/10 now fuck off
>>
>>50393046

Hey, if denial helps you sleep at night...

In any event. we'll soon have the super-edgy Vampire: The Masquerade 5e and the One World of Darkness. It'll be like the CofD never even existed.
>>
>>50392855
Well dramatically appropriately would be the best time to apply a breaking point. And that is the system working as intended. and an st applying it every time in the instance is watering down the experience. A breaking point is a moment of OhGodWhatHaveIBecome!?!?

But that line of thought circles back into the argument "but my character kills people all the time"
>>
>>50393046
>all the bait
>>
File: 1471520187360.png (409KB, 487x594px) Image search: [Google]
1471520187360.png
409KB, 487x594px
>>50393116
>Vampire: The Masquerade 5e
make it stop
>>
File: The Unholy.png (2MB, 982x1469px) Image search: [Google]
The Unholy.png
2MB, 982x1469px
>>50392963
Yeah, and that's just one of many small changes to the mechanics and setting. I'm too lazy to save and upload here's the chart http://i.imgur.com/ESRdOgZ.png

>>50392983
But Ghouls don't burn in the sun, so it's weird to include BP 0 on the chart. Although, I mean...
>A character can avoid damage from sunlight only with complete coverage from its rays. If she only exposes her eyes, for example to run for shelter, consider her Blood Potency one step lower on the chart.
I can't think of any situation for this *other* than wearing a burqua.

>I have no idea who is that.
Badass Gangrel cowgirl cursed with hideous clawlike arms covered in feathers, who tends to blow through domains and potentially fuck literally everything up. She also has a Devotions that a) summon a swarm of crows, and b) allows her to teleport between crows with bloody little explosions.

She was once a pure innocent maiden who according to legend met The Crone in the forest and was Embraced by being stuffed full of bloodthirsty crows.

She's mentioned in the Gangrel write up ("Ask about The Unholy and her crows") and the Claws of the Unholy Merit is named after her.

Almost forgot my image
>>
>>50393195
>I can't think of any situation for this *other* than wearing a burqua
Stop being down on my vampire biker Anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tAYfQuE3g8
>>
Are Spirits bound by Changeling contracts?

e.g.
A Changeling wants to escape from a fairly dangerous situation through usage of his Mirror-Walk-Thing Contract.
However the only available Mirror is currently the Fetter of a Mirror Spirit, which isn't too happy with this Changeling (perhaps because it broke all the other Mirrors in the room).

Is the Mirror Spirit obliged to acknowledge the Changeling's Contract, and permit their passage? Or can they attempt to use their Influence (and perhaps a Clash of Wills) to stop the operation of this Contract through rendering their Fetter unsuitable?
>>
>>50393218
>I can't think of any situation for this *other* than wearing a burqua.
You can mask yourself as cosplayer, burn victim in particularly bad condition who is bandaged, bank robber, wear surgical mask as do Japanese, facial masks are possibility too - just pretend you had to leave cosmetic salon early, lifelike silicone mask and go full Fantomas, possibilities are literally endless (translation: I just run out of ideas)
>>
>>50393250
You can be born a Vampire in Blade?
>>
>>50393218
Jesus, a newbie vamp at a decent Humanity only takes 1L every ten minutes? That's hilarious. Is sun damage soakable normally if it's lethal, or do you still need Fortitude?
>>
>>50393716
>Mixing systems
>>
>>50393716
There's no such thing as "soak", you just take damage. Also, Resilience gives you more Stamina as a passive, which translates to health boxes, but you still take damage. If you activate Resilience, it gives you an effective armour rating (subtracts damage) equal to your Resilience+1 (or [Resilience] against Banes, like sunlight).

It also 1 vitae to activate Resilience.
And 1 vitae to heal 1 Lethal damage.
And Resilience still shows the effects of the damage, so your skin is slowly getting red and burning, even if you're ignoring the damage.
Resilience is only useful against sunlight when you're more than Humanity 7-10, BP 1.

I'm not really sure why it's hilarious, though. The notion that vampires burn up or explode in the sun has always been silly to me. It basically didn't exist until Nosferatu.

I ran a short Requiem 2e one on one that was inspired by the Bloodlines game and had the player wake up after being killed by the person who brought her to a shitty motel to her thigh burning from the sunlight through the blinds. I was gonna have her keep a streak of burn scars across her thigh.

>>50393754
I assume he's an oWoD player who's curious about how this "not going up like flash paper" thing works.
>>
>>50393861
>I assume he's an oWoD player who's curious about how this "not going up like flash paper" thing works.

Correct, I haven't really dug into Requiem yet.
>>
I don't get why people are so opposed to daywalking vampires. Dracula was one the original novel, like many other fictive and folkloric vampires. It's probably Twilight's fault.
>>
>>50394098
Keep in mind that even Dracula had some of his powers reduced (though IIRC his physical strength wasn't) in sunlight. It's a good bit of symbolism for the sun to be deadly.
>>
>>50394217
It is one thing is to be weakened and/or lethargic during daytime. Burning like Count Orlock when exposed to sunlight is a completely different story.
>>
>>50393954
It's fun. You should do so.

>>50394275
It's stuff like From Dusk Til Dawn and John Carpenter's Vampires (Los Muertos) that it really gets ridiculous.
>>
Could someone explain Rote actions in GM/BS and/or where to find them in the rule books?
>>
Does /CofD/ &/wodg/ have a discord? And what happened to aspel? I noticed his link thing is gone from the top.

Sorry for asking off topic questions.
>>
>>50391263
>Literally 2 days ago:
>CofD: Dark Eras has 2nd edition Awakening content in it. Signs of Sorcery and Tome of the Pentacle are rumbling through production, the latter much further out than the former.
Vampire 2e's been out for literal years and still doesn't have a supplement out. Mage has been out for like six months and has multiple supplements working their way through production. Mage is fine.
>>
>>50394360
>>50394275
Well the game has both in the system

Dusk til Dawn = moderate BP Low humanity. They're more beast than man, thus they take shit tons of damage from the sun

With really old vamps the sun is still hideously deadly.

Now Bram's Drac is probably still tied closely, or at least is trying to tie closer to humanity. I.E. his obsession with the Harkers. So kind of higher humanity with a few points of Resilience to help combat a lot of damage.

The mechanics trying to reflect the fluff
>>
>>50394393
>mentioning Aspel
Don't jinx it
And the Discord has Aspel in it, so its up to you if you want to use it.
>>
File: glassesgirl.jpg (913KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glassesgirl.jpg
913KB, 1080x1080px
>>50394502
no one cares about Anon, Anon
>>
>>50394383
Rote actions work as follows: Roll your normal dicepool. Any dice that show as failures (i.e. 1-7) from that initial roll (i.e. not any rerolled tens that show 8 or below) get rerolled once, and any successes count.

I'll give you an example using a diceroller: say you're rolling on an action with Rote Action and you have a dicepool of 12: You get:
>6, 10, 10, 10, 7, 5, 9, 3, 3, 4, 2, 8
That's 5 successes so far, and you'd reroll those three 10s due to the standard 10-again rule. Rote Action lets you also reroll the 6, 7, 5, 3, 3, 4, and 2.

Rerolling the tens gets us 4, 1, and 4, so no bonus successes for those, but rerolling the failures gets us 8, 8, 8, 4, 8, 7, 7. No tens in that result (and rote action only lets you reroll your failures from the first time you roll your pool), so we stop there. Having Rote Action got us an additional 4 successes (although we rolled unusually well to begin with and got an exceptional success even without the Rote Action, so that would only make a difference if we were making an attack roll or something where each individual success confers a benefit).
>>
>>50394393
The link was ERP logs, not WoD stuff.
I have CofD Actual Play stuff, but that's not on pastebin.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gDh48J7fLhjE_8pWtu81_1rOLBPiqHwNFlayFbCKWL8/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i37CxRfxJg4A8Q81brVkwge9_m8PVMbkOjviQ79LXy8/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I91WwL7Py8uM7KL1pCXZkBiOG66oGVgIFS66-okZsEE/edit

>>50394502
Actually, I left the Discord when the admin kicked everyone involved in a problem instead of kicking the person causing the problem.
But that problem user is gone, so I should pop my head back in. I've been hanging with a few people from the Discord preparing for a Promethean game that sort of got derailed a bit.
>>
>>50394587
>Promethean
Thread was talking about implyed a few hours ago, Is the game mostly road trips moving from place to place or trying minimize your own wasteland next door to office buildings?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVcOwVD4V30
Am I the only one getting a Changeling or Mage vibe from this?
>>
>>50394413
>>CofD: Dark Eras has 2nd edition Awakening content in it.

Our copy came through yesterday. Nice to finally have the Sundered World in print to add to my bookshelf.
>>
Why isnt this here

http://m.imgur.com/account/thenewminus/albums
>>
>>50394636
The game is about a pilgrimage, so yes, a lot of it is going to be moving from place to place, though that's not to say you can't settle down temporarily. You also have a situation where you can stick to one role and stop moving forward on your Pilgrimage and not cause Disquiet, but when you finally break out of it you'll cause a Wasteland.
>>
>>50394587
>I left the Discord when the admin kicked everyone involved in a problem instead of kicking the person causing the problem.
Judging from your behaviour in these threads I find the idea that you weren't part of the cause very hard to believe.
>>
>>50394587
"Derailed a bit" you mean you stopped working on it and aren't going to do anything further because you have a crippling inability to complete anything?
>>
>>50394871
Another Actual Play within a week? I'm feeling spoiled.
>>
>>50394987
No, I mean "the ST is having life issues, one player has no internet, and another player had to drop out to care for family"
I'm not the one running it. I have no idea why you care whether or not I complete anything. It's not like most of /tg/ does any better.
>>
>>50394636
Yeah. Promethean's more like other games like Dogs in the Vineyard or the more adventuring-focused style of D&D campaigns than the other CofD gamelines in that it's about a journey through various locations where interesting things happen and you learn things about life, rather than all happening in one city all the characters are deeply-entrenched in.

Promethean is incredibly playable, just don't play it like it's Vampire.

(Although 2E does relax a lot of the mechanics that were actively hostile to the PCs laying roots down relatively long-term in one location. Not entirely sure how I feel about that choice.)
>>
>>50394500
Actually wouldn't Dracula's resistance to sunlight be more that he's the alleged progenitor of the Ordo Dracul and thus has Coils that make sunlight his bitch?
>>
>>50394972
It was an admittedly collaborative effort.
>>
>>50394360
>It's stuff like From Dusk Til Dawn and John Carpenter's Vampires (Los Muertos) that it really gets ridiculous.

And hell even oVamp isn't that ridiculous. You burn, but you don't fucking explode.

Still, I don't find the weakness to sunlight any less ridiculous or narmy than any other classic vampire weakness.
>>
>>50395044
This, Being a monster cursed to never see daylight is also a fun gothic poetic weakness.
>>
>>50395027
Collaborative effort? Or you shouted like a retarded ape because someone did something wrong and you're the moral arbiter of the world?
>>
>>50395107
>retarded ape
Thats ablest and racist.
>>
>>50395107
>you're the moral arbiter of the world
Ha, thats rich.
>>
>>50395161
You mean speciesist.
>>
File: grumpycat.jpg (15KB, 236x235px) Image search: [Google]
grumpycat.jpg
15KB, 236x235px
>>50395161
>>50395107
>>50395027
>>50394987
>>50394972

Can we not have a thread derailment again?
>>
>>50394991
Yup. Nothing next week as a player can't make it, but the game's back in Hong Kong week after that.
>>
>>50395025
That's essentially the reasoning, yeah. He's got Coil of Ascendancy.

>>50395044
>>50395087
I don't have a problem with vampires burning. I just dislike the whole "oh, they buuuurn like they've been doused in kerosene" thing.

>>50395107
That poster wasn't me, it's likely the person who chased (at least) three people off the Discord. He was basically a shithead who acted like he was on 4chan when he wasn't (it's not a /cofdg/ Discord, it's for the CoD Codex). And now he seems to think you're me >>50395198. But >>50395217 is right.
>>
>>50395217
You're right, I am the one that made a big stink about derailing in the last thread. I'll be the bigger man and not reply.
>>
>>50395242
Eh I like the fact that they burn. I mean biblically it was a curse from god to never see daylight again. If gods promise doesn't make you explode into flames I dont know what will.
>>
>>50395107

I barely even remember what happened but I think it was political shitflinging (possibly transphobia? or maybe that was drama on another server, my memory is spotty) and the admin chose to blanket ban every single person involved rather than just the person causing trouble.
>>
>>50395293
PillarOfWamuu told a transphobic joke, and ROM banned everyone for the weekend.
>>
>>50395333

That was it, yeah.

Fuck that guy.
>>
>>50395284
Yeah, but it's silly that it effected everyone equally.

(I actually feel like the BP chart should be inverted, maybe; at about 8 BP you should be able to walk in the sun and only take bashing, because you're a powerful God of the Night)
>>
>>50395344
For what its worth I still love you.
>>
>>50395351
did it affect everyone equally? Cain could walk in the sun and a couple other vampires that achieved Golconda. I like the idea that living during the day is an almost impossible feat. Muh personal Horror.
>>
>>50395392
To be fair in Requiem vampire origins aren't definitely known.
>>
>>50395412
Eh and thats one of my issues...I shouldn't say issues its just really different. There are advantages to both systems.
>>
>>50395392
Mechanically it did in Requiem 1e, and possibly Masquerade. Something like 1 or 2 lethal a turn. Definitely "run and hide" levels, as opposed to "painful but withstandable" in 2e for fresh vampires.

I like the idea of an old, high Humanity Ventrue who likes to sunbathe. The pain is worth it to feel the Sun's Forgotten Kiss (which is the name of one of the Coils that allows that)
>>
>>50395351
BP8 You have a shit ton of Blood Points. Spend the blood; not being a cheapskate
>>
>>50395443
>High Humanity
>Ventrue
Literally impossible.
>>
>>50395438
Mechanics =/= Fluff
>>
>>50395443
In V20 it's automatic levels of aggravated damage, which can only be soaked with Fortitude (oVamp Resilience); the amount of body exposure determines how much damage you take per turn (anywhere from 1 to 3 levels per turn), the intensity of the light determines how hard it is to soak the damage with Fortitude (if it's really faint it can be as low as needing to get 3+ for successes).
>>
File: joestar.jpg (92KB, 1342x899px) Image search: [Google]
joestar.jpg
92KB, 1342x899px
>>50395501
Why?
>>
>>50395519
Dont you already have to be somewhat Amoral anyway to be considered as a ventrue? Eh maybe a Priest could qualify.
>>
>>50394502
Do you have a link for the discord, anon?
>>
>>50395620
Nah sorry, I just know it exists.
>>
>>50395638
Ok, thanks anyways.
>>
>>50395587
Not really. Anyone can be Embraced by anyone.

Lords Over the Damned has some good Ventrue concepts that break the mold, like the Trailer Park Lord and the King Rat, who everyone mistakes for a Nosferatu.
>>
>>50395587
no

Ventrue: The Aloof Curse
The Ventrue are confident. Why wouldn’t they be? They’re
clearly superior. This attitude frequently causes Lords conflict,
as they treat all those around them as objects. When creating
a Ventrue, apply his first Touchstone to his seventh dot of
Humanity. This means his first Humanity loss will also detach
that Touchstone as the bane takes effect. Further Touchstones
may fill his sixth through second dots.

Their first touchstone is just on the 7th level instead of the sixth level. They're no more or less moral. Just distant and emotional detach easier
>>
>>50395672
>>50395674
I just meant the stereotype of being high powered business men or politicians.
>>
>>50395674
To be fair, NOT having a Touchstone means being at -3. But her Staff are her Touchstones.

It's based on art of the waifish hairy muffed and armpitted perpetually naked rich girl Karasuma Sachiko draws.
>>
>>50395620
https://discord.gg/HWpsQ
>>
>>50395880
>>
>>50394555
So when do you get to use this trick?
>>
>>50395980
When you have some kind of ability that allows it.
>>
>>50395993
alright, cheers
>>
>>50394636
you can live in the same damn house for 20 years as long as your careful.

Wasteland isn't huge at the start anymore.

With 1 Azoth you get into a big fight in your living room and spend 10 pyros and cause a wasteland. Its the size of 1 room and if you leave it, it only lasts 1 day.

With 5 Azoth and you get in a big fight in your living room and spend 6 pyros and cause wasteland its the size of your house and the property around it. After leaving the place for 5 days it goes away.

You get into trouble when you don't leave and make sure others LEAVE. The problems happen when you create your damn child making a wasteland, then the mob shows up and you fester it fighting them back and it gets bigger. Then the damn child explodes into pandorians who fester it again and a Azoth 1 prommie is stuck in a city block sized Category 3 Wasteland.(Level 2 extreme environment that causes -2 durability and -1 structure to everything, not to mention worse effects).

As long as you can keep changing who you are you can stay in the same damn city/town whatever. As long as your careful you don't have to leave because of wasteland.

Also until you get Azoth 2-3 don't worry about disquiet you don't have a snowballs chance in hell of triggering it.

Really, you should be more worried about role shifts. Friendly reminder that promies don't have to be good people; they just have to be human.
>>
>>50395747
Invite is invalid, anon.
>>
>>50396313
Discord Invites last 30 minutes.
Here's a permanent one https://discord.gg/Cmr7aH3
>>
>meet guy
>has history of working in bdsm specialty sex trade
>has borderline psychopathic tendancies
>tells me the first couple of seasons of something like Dexter were surprisingly close to people like him
>tells me a couple of stories regarding those who have fuses that lead to a fucked up side
>he has brain cancer and recently despite a relatively credible predication made it to his birthday this year
>he knows it's for the best that he stays on the move so he won't be around forever assuming he lives long enough to pack up his things
>he will network me in with his contemporaries and give me a reading list re:bdsm and probably other stuff I expressed interest in
>I kinda want to make a chronicle inspired by some shit he's seen or heard about
>I also kinda want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes
What would you do?
>>
>>50395351
The stronger your blood is the more vampiric and monstrous you are, and the stronger your monstrous weaknesses affect you. Makes sense to me.
>>
>>50396858
Why do you want to get involved with someone who identifies with a serial killer?
>>
>>50397070
I work at a cafe and he's a regular and he likes to talk so I've heard him say some interesting shit and I do legitimately find his stories about how for instance he (with expertise in explosive special effects) was working on making a haunted house where the effects were so good the cops got called in when they were testing a rig that made the door crack when you knocked and blood to seep out under your feet just before halloween interesting to hear about.
I wouldn't really want to get involved with him in particular while he's alone and I'm not at work, but he's like a gateway into pretty larger than life experiences/personalities which has worth.
>>
>>50396858
>>50397070
>>50397151
>shit that didn't happen
>>
>>50397212
Some of the stuff this guy says I am inclined to not believe but I give him the benefit of the doubt because he's pretty switched on in plenty of other areas.
Nonetheless wouldn't that mean it's safe to ask him to plan a chronicle with me with such a vivid imagination?
>>
>>50397248
unreliable people make terrible GMs

if you just want to fuck a loser then just do it. don;t feel like you have to create some bullshit justification of why he's a emotional stunted neet
>>
>>50397295
Sorry to clarify I wouldn't want to GM with him there, nor would he have creative control on the finished chronicle.
But essentially I am asking is it wise to ask such a person for an anecdote that had enough detail to inspire a whole chronicle?
>>
File: 2016-11-25 20.17.48.png (35KB, 708x204px) Image search: [Google]
2016-11-25 20.17.48.png
35KB, 708x204px
Be on the look out. The fag is back from getting his dick chopped off.
>>
>>50397342
>shit noone cares about
>>
>>50395242
Oh, shouldn't be shocked there then. I mean, I was surprised that you would admit any fault. And here you are! Refusing any fault!
>>
>>50397372
>>>/d/
>>
>>50397389
No one cares, Buncha
>>
>>50397448
We don't need to hear about your creepy obsessions, Anon, get over yourself
>>
>>50397581
>>50397586
>>>/d/
Pedos go home
>>
>>50397607
But that isn't /b/
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.