[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to run a kind of over the top, comedy, action, parody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Shoot_em_up_ver2.jpg (34KB, 299x443px) Image search: [Google]
Shoot_em_up_ver2.jpg
34KB, 299x443px
I want to run a kind of over the top, comedy, action, parody game. I'm not sure of what system yet. What kind of horrible tropes could I exploit and mess with? Which ones would be fun to play through?

>Important NPC is killed in front of the PCS by BBEG. Last spell before death gives the PCs a massive boost in power for a short time, letting them kill the tons of minions before it wears off just before the boss for the last encounter.

>Powerful BBEG brings massive gun/bow to a battle. Fires. Misses. Stands there awkwardly cause he only brought the one shot. PCs are now on better fighting terms.

>Need some item or favor from a landlord.
>Send them off to get rent from an apartment complex
>The complex had only 6 rooms.
>Each tenant is a crazy serial killer.
>All retired
>Retirement was boring
>>
Feng Shui. Not only is it the best system for this kind of thing, it also has all the tropes you could possibly want to use built in from the start.
>>
>King fu has to be involved somewhere. Maybe a gang of evil monks causing shit for the BBEG

>A weird master or sage type character. Powerful. Maybe old. Or young. or some weird creature.
>>
>Enemy offers them weird things in concession when he loses. His entire stock of slope detecting orbs. A sphere that glows if it's on a slope.
He swears that people will soon realize that they need them once he starts his add campaign.

>Maybe a cute animal of death
>>
Rolled 23, 37, 22, 26, 41 + 23 = 172 (5d42 + 23)

>>
>>50359797
Cool. I'll have to check it out.
>>
>>50359792
Action Movie World seems like a fit

It's basically designed to do over the top pulpy action movies, there's literally a mechanic for unneccessary explosions
>>
>>50359797
>Not only is it the best system for this kind of thing
I think you need to learn about Bad Ass
http://www.mediafire.com/?15z6z9pwaajzc9f

Not that Feng Shui is not awesome and right for it but Bad Ass is bad ass.
>>
>>50359792
Watch Kung Fury and Danger 6, and play Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Rip everything off from them. Voila, the cheesiest action movie campaign you'll ever do.
>>
File: DUNGEONS THE DRAGONING.png (1MB, 620x839px) Image search: [Google]
DUNGEONS THE DRAGONING.png
1MB, 620x839px
>>50359792
>I want to run a kind of over the top, comedy, action, parody game

Dungeons: The Dragoning is about as over the top parody as you can get, but it might be too much for you.
>>
File: Black-Dynamite_still-1[1].jpg (37KB, 656x295px) Image search: [Google]
Black-Dynamite_still-1[1].jpg
37KB, 656x295px
>>50361987
You forgot something, anon
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.